Reserve Wine & Food
201 NW Monroe
Grand Rapids, MI 49503Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Reserve Wine & Food
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.reservegr.com/
- Phone: (616) 855-9463
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Kitchen closes: 10:00pm Monday - Thursday, 11:00pm Friday & Saturday
Charcuterie Bar open all night!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Matt Green
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: A professional staff of friendly and knowledgeable servers are proud to present Chef Matt Green's seasonal and locally driven menu to guests of 12 - 200. For parties, celebrations and wine tastings from private intimate dinners to extravagant affairs. Casual or formal Reserve will make it memorable.
Private Events: Tailored to meet & exceed your expectations, every event we do is custom. With that said, the options for your private event at Reserve Wine & Food are nearly endless. From casual wine receptions to formal five-course meals, we design evenings to remember.
Whether you have corporate clients to entertain or close family and friends to celebrate with, Reserve has a space that is ideal for your event.
- Private Party Contact: Mark Breymeyer 6168559463x
A word from Reserve Wine & Food
Reserve Wine & Food is proud to present Grand Rapids with our homage to Wine, Pork, Cheese and even more wine! Executive Chef Matt Green has developed a network of purveyors to supply Reserve Wine & Food with hand-selected, seasonal produce, pork, Michigan raised lamb, beef and fish to anchor a locally driven rustic yet refined menu of simple, eclectic fare. Our goal at Reserve Wine & Food is to source the best possible product as close to home as possible. Our Charcuterie bar will serve up local and international cheeses and meats along with Reserve Wine & Food exclusives, house made sausages, terrines, and pates. The extensive international wine list was developed by certified sommelier Peter Marantette. The list features 102 wines by the glass and a bottle list of nearly 300 selections. Artisan cocktails and a focused craft beer list round out a unique dining experience here at Reserve Wine & Food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Reserve Wine & Food - Best Restaurants in Grand Rapids ›
Reserve Wine & Food reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (51)fit for foodies (48)special occasion (34)romantic (20)hot spot (20)good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (12)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (9)great for lunch (9)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Catch up and EnjoyfriendsdineDined on 11/8/2014Group of 4 fabulous friends meeting up for cheese platter, food and of course drinks. It was awesome!Special Features:
- We Will Reserve On ReseerveaarpskierDined on 11/4/2014We were initially seated on the main floor, at a small table so close to our neighbors that we could have shared condiments. We asked to move upstairs, and that was more intimate. Food, when it finally arrived, was pretty good. But 42 minutes from seating to 1st course? With no complimentary bread or crackers or anything but beverages to stave off hunger pangs? (A small basket of bread is $4). We were there with a "buy-one-get-one-free" entree card. The cheeseburger and fries was very good, but would I have thought so if I was paying the list price of $16 instead of $8.00? And would the $14 chicken thigh on a bed of pasta have tasted as good as it did at $7? Maybe not. In sum, we think there are better values in downtown Grand Rapids.Special Features:
- Anny DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014Second time visiting. Food was good. Service was good. Noise level was more than I would have hoped for. We sat upstairs and with a table that seemed to set my date and I a little too far apart, the noise was problematic at times for what I had hoped to be a more romantic evening. That aside, we both enjoyed ourselves and will come back for drinks and appetizers down at the bar.Special Features:
- Nice PlacefoodfrommichiganDined on 11/1/2014I took my girlfriend to this restaurant for our one year anniversary and we were not disappointed. Be prepared to spend some money, but the food and wine was excellent. We loved that we were able to do a wine flight, since we were struggling to decided which wine to order.Special Features:
- mehOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2014We came here for what we hoped would be a romantic dinner before the opera. We didn't care for the atmosphere - the tables were placed so close together that we couldn't have a private conversation with the adjacent tables hearing us. We ordered the featured cheese plate and both of us didn't care for it - and we LOVE cheese! The cheese tasted sour like it was bad. We didn't order dinner because nothing on the menu really appealed to us. Our bill which included two rounds of drinks and two appetizers came to $75, which we thought was pretty spendy. The service here was very good and was a bright spot of the night. We probably won't come here again - at this price point there are better restaurants in town for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- My favorite restaurant!lolakayeDined on 10/27/2014As ALWAYS, I had an excellent evening at the Reserve! The Gnocchi melted in my mouth and Stella's has nothing on the Reserve burger!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome EveningluvGRrestaurantsDined on 10/24/2014This was our first visit and definitely not our last. Our waiter Jason was awesome. He made us feel welcome, was great at explaining the menu and extremely knowledgable with his wine. We each tried a different flight of wine, loved the selections and already have some new favorites.Cheese plate appetzier was an excellent choice and serving Blue Cheese with honey was the best ever!! We were very pleased to see that they offered medium entrees and regular sized entrees. We opted for the medium- perfect after appetizer and soup. Presentation was great for everything. A must return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reserve WineJDD7Dined on 10/9/2014Our server, Melissa was great; good personality, knowledgeable about the wines and the menu items. This is a restaurant for adults who enjoy good foods paired with great wines.Special Features:
- Grand Rapids gemKenJ629VIPDined on 9/27/2014Reserve is located in the vibrant downtown Grand Rapids scene. Food was excellent with many strong choices in small,med,large plates. Try their version of chicken & dumplings for a treat. Amazing wine list including local michigan choices and the largest by glass options I have seen. Service was knowledgable and personable. Only downside is lacking desert menu. Will definitely come back for food, wine and ambience.Special Features:
- Pretty GoodeverydayfoodieDined on 9/27/2014We had some good dishes, such as the BBQ Quail and local ice cream, but some other items were a miss, such as the salad and coleslaw, both were over dressed. Service was very good and friendly. Tables were too close together, but that seems to be a trend now.
- affameeDined on 9/24/2014We had an enjoyable evening at Reserve. The wine flight sampling is a fun way to try something new. The food was outstanding. Love those Pork Fat Fries and the cheeses we ordered were fantastic.Special Features:
- Always excellentGaryGDined on 9/20/2014Reserve is a gem in Grand Rapids. The menu is unique and innovative, the food quality is fantastic, service is always excellent and the ambiance is unlike any other restaurant in GR. We love their wine options, as well as their selection of cheeses. If you haven't been there, do yourself a favor and give it a try. You'll want to go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer on the deckBruce10Dined on 9/9/2014Perfect night for the tiny outdoor deck on the second floor...and a fairly slow weeknight so service was almost too attentive. The small-medium-large format of the menu is accurate....ordering a medium plate leaves plenty of room for a starter or dessert. The wild mushroom crepes were not what you might expect....think filling piled on top of the crepe, rather than stuffed inside....but were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must tryFastNEasyDined on 9/8/2014Had a timeline to get to a concert and the service was outstanding to help us accomplish that. Charcuterie is out of this world! Lovely menu. So many delicious wine choices. Couldn't have asked for a better experience for our out-of-town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and romantic DinnerNikkiPDined on 9/5/2014We had made reservations for dinner after our intimate wedding at The Reserve and was, without asking, offered a private room down stairs without any additional cost. I thought that was very thoughtful and great customer service! The food and drinks were so delicious and unique! Everything tasted fresh and flavorful. It is now one of our favorite places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a winnergr8foodVIPDined on 8/29/2014The ever changing menu always surprises me. If you ever catch it with a rabbit stew, it is a meal I will never forget. Check out the artwork behind the bar. It is a former art prize winner.Special Features:
- Yum in GRPhilliePhoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2014Excellent food. I enjoyed the house pâté and a fish special. My husband had chicken liver pâté and the burger, which was delicious with an egg and Gouda cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerVIPDined on 8/21/2014One if us ordered the Thurs. Farm to table menu & the other the restaurant week menu. The restaurant week entree arrived before the 2nd course farm to table menu. Too disjointed. Both entrees should have arrived @ the same time especially since there was a long lag time after the first course.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!gvsugrlDined on 8/18/2014A definite must-do when you're in Grand Rapids! Great wine list (by flight or by the glass), delicious food, friendly servers & great atmosphere! On our list of favorites! We tried the Restaurant Week menu & were in taste bud nirvana from the first to the last bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary BurgerBurgerSnob50Dined on 8/18/2014Best burger of my experience. Cooked to a turn, haunting flavor, worth the trip to Grand Rapids. The Whitefish sandwich is not to be missed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014We hosted a friend for her birthday who called the following morning to state that she had a "marvelous time." This was her first dining experience at Reserve. My wife enjoys the wine flights as a means of trying different wineries. This time she experimented with Pinot Noirs. We both find the entrees light and fulfilling. The availability of valet parking makes this downtown restaurant most accessible.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceWineFoodBaconOhMyDined on 8/12/2014My new favorite restaurant in Grand Rapid! Great Food, Great Atmosphere and Excellent Service. This is a trendy upscale foodie's dream; the perfect combination of unique food at a reasonable price. I took a small group of customers on a business trip, but this would also be a great place for a romantic evening with my husband or a night out with the girls! Note: You must try the Vanilla Bacon paired with a crisp "Nerdy" wine.Special Features:
- Great food in an empty restaurantCoreyDined on 8/9/2014Food was good, and the wine list was extensive. It just felt more like a Tuesday afternoon, rather than a Saturday night crowd.Special Features:
- Class and Elegance in Grand RapidsDavidDined on 8/8/2014MY WIFE AND I FOUND A PLACE TAT HAD A LITTLE "NEW YORK" TO IT AND WE WERE VERY PLEASED. GREAT FOOD COMBINATIONS MATCHED WITH GREAT WINE SELECTIONS (THOUGHT THEY WERE ECLECTIC) AND PHENOMENAL SERVICE FROM JASON AND ERIN. I DID NOT EXEPCT TO FIND SUCH A PLACE IN GRAND RAPIDS, BUT I DID. OUTSIDE DINING WAS CLASSY AND VERY PLEASANT. I WOULD DEFIANTLY GO THERE AGAIN. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.Special Features:
- Impeccable serviceRebeccaHDined on 8/5/2014Reserve was a full-house the night of our visit, which made me thankful we had a reservation. Everything about the experience was enjoyable...first-rate service, delectable food, remarkable wine. I particularly appreciated seeing the use of so many locally-sourced products on the menu. Plate presentations are beautiful...the food looks as good as it tastes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 358 reviews are from the Reserve Wine & Food reviews archive.
- 2nd Chance Needed?sarajr84Dined on 7/23/2014Wine was delicious. We ordered a meat and cheese platter and it took a very long time to get. Asked if they forgot to put the order in, but he said it just takes a while? Not sure why since it's just cutting cheese and meat. Got the platter and it was the wrong. They quickly corrected it though. Ordered Chicken and Dumplings for dinner. Food came in a large bowl with lots of veggies and potatoes and some broth with fried chicken skin. Took a closer look and no chicken! Asked if i was supposed to have chicken....yeah they somehow forgot that part. They brought me some chicken though and gave us free dessert and a free dessert wine flight. Happy they fixed errors quickly, but hoping this isn't a trend for them. Debating trying it again....Special Features:
- Easterbunny46VIPDined on 7/18/2014We chose this place because it was featured in the Wine Spectator magazine. It was very good. We did not get the salad we ordered, but the rest was tasty, well prepared and presented. We are from out of town, but would still consider coming again if we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerGRFoodieDined on 7/15/2014Went for my bday- 1st time trying a meal there. I was excited. Originally they were going to seat us @ a small 2-top in the middle of other small 2-tops mere inches apart. Asked if they had anything else & they generously gave me several other options, especially if I was willing to wait. More than accommodating & friendly about it- was very pleased. Server Barry was fabulous- made a spot on wine recommendation that I LOVED. Were told immediately they were out of 1 of the 2 dishes I was debating between. Chose the other only for Barry to return & inform me they were out of that too. SUPER disappointed & really kind of dampened the night as my entrée disappointed. My dessert choice made me wish I'd skipped dinner altogether. It was flawless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb foodLoriDined on 7/11/2014We had the 5 cheese sampling which was fantastic. Hoping they get monk cheese from France in the future! My husband had the 5spice pork chop ..excellent, son had the quail, which is only regret was there wasn't more, and I had the whitefish, which I would get again! Highly recommend...sitting upstairs is a little nicer ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved it.CasaLVIPDined on 7/2/2014As visitors to Grand Rapids, we have less than a week to try out various restaurants. We came here our first night in town and loved it so much we keep coming back. There are plenty of healthy vegetable and fish dishes which are excellent, but also a great salume & cheese selection. And a great wine list to go with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu - excellent wine listCasaLVIPDined on 6/30/2014A great experience. Everything we ordered was delicious. We love the focus on local ingredients. We plan to dine here again, hopefully several times, before returning home to NY City at the end of the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal with friendsbitsbitesDined on 6/27/2014First time eating a meal here and it was very good. Not a big menu of entrees but our group of 4 each ordered a different dish and we were very happy.Special Features:
- Surprising gemUWS5Dined on 6/20/2014The food was really fresh and delish. Our only issue was every time we asked our server for a suggestion it was the most expensive item on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!MomoEliDined on 6/13/2014Wonderful, attentive service, nice quiet restaurant. Tables are a bit too close together, though.Special Features:
- great spotlesliebDined on 6/7/2014we went to reserve for drinks on Fri nite and then dinner on Sat nite. food was great. service was outstanding. both waitpersons were very friendly and knowledgeable. a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth returningSpotDined on 6/2/2014Interesting menu selections that were well prepared. Wine-by-the-glass selections were varied and allowed for explorations throughout the meal.Special Features:
- Unique for Grand RapidsJakeinGRDined on 6/2/2014Perhaps our sixth visit. Servers are engaged and know their wines. The menu is small, but everything well prepared. Emphasis on local and fresh foods. The varied meats and cheeses allow you to create an infinite variety of Charcouterie plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!KvillegaDined on 5/28/2014Our first time and we will definitely go back. Morgan was an excellent server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!MmmmVIPDined on 5/24/2014Reserve continues to be our "go-to" restaurant when entertaining out-of-town friends and family. The crispy chicken thigh was cooked perfectly - juicy in the middle and crispy on the outside. The recommended Roco chardonnay paired nicely with the dish. We also enjoyed the bbq quail and chicken and dumplings. All were beautifully presented. We appreciated the service being prompt but not rushed. A great experience all around!Special Features:
- This was a very fine restaurant.MargaretDined on 5/21/2014Great wine and food! Don't miss the painted mural on the first floor. This is ART!Special Features: