Reserve Thai Wine Bar
407 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
Reserve Thai Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.reservewinenyc.com/
- Phone: 2126797772
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Wednesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please inquire by calling 212 679 7772 or emailing email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: Private tables as per request.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 2126797772
A word from Reserve Thai Wine Bar
RESERVE is the first and only Thai-inspired wine bar in New York City. We specialize in bold Thai flavors. At Reserve, you will discover fine, eclectic, modestly priced wines that are bold, yet balanced. The wines at Reserve have been personally palate-picked to complement and, at times, challenge the complexities of Thai flavors. In fact, every bottle of wine, wedge of cheese and pour of beer – although produced in different pockets of the world – embody a Thai essence: the intermingling of notes, aromas, and tastes. We LOVE wine. We have 20+ wines sold by glass and an international wine list which features 50+ wines from Spain, Italy, France, Slovenia, Germany, Austria, South Africa, Australia, Oregon, Chile, Argentina. We believe in wine to create community, to transform the moment, to tell a compelling story, and acknowledge that every narrative changes dynamically when shared. The experience at Reserve is one to be shared, and we have a place reserved just for you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Reserve Thai Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- great place!PancakeVIPDined on 1/10/2014I came here twice. You have to love their happy hour specials for half off specialty drinks, wine, and other (marked as HH on the menu). Saturday night is Ladies' Night, so more 50% off drinks! The tapas are exactly that--small, shareable bites. You can get about 3 - 4 of these and share with 1 person. Or, simply order the larger dishes. The prices here do not break your wallet. The service is good. The girls tried to explain the drinks and food to us every time we badgered them with questions. The dinner time does fill up (we got there a bit before 6p and it was empty). Thai pizza? Yum. Definitely coming back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- NICE FINDOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/9/2013WE ENJOY THE RESTAURANT VERY MUCH. GREAT LUNCH SPECIAL, HAPPY HOUR, SERVICE, AND THE MUSIC.Special Features:
- Great lunch menu at bargain pricesElKayDined on 3/22/2013My friend and I had lunch there. They have a great lunch special--a wide variety of Thai and Asian dishes for ~$7.50 each, including soup or Thai salad (note: iceberg lettuce), and an appetizer choice like a spring roll or dumplings. Adding shrimp or beef to a dish costs a dollar or two more. And then, you could add a glass of ANY wine off the extensive wine list for only +$3. The food was fresh and delicious and the whole meal was absurdly affordable for midtown Manhattan.Special Features:
- Definitely don't go therebrunchjunkieDined on 12/14/2012Definitely don't go there after a day of shopping, because space is limited, but its NYC so what else do you expect? Great food, service was a little slow but I think that's because our waiter was training someone. Overall a nice evening!Special Features:
- There was club music playingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/7/2012There was club music playing really loudly for lunchtime during the week. It made it difficult to have a conversation. The staff were nice and did turn it down when we asked, but it was still annoying.
- Had Potential , But...eekahilDined on 10/2/2012Spring rolls seemed like the type one finds anywhere. I suspected they were bought in bulk anddefrosted. Cheese plate had nice selections but they were served quite cold instaed of at room temperature. Good cocktails and wine. Nice spot for having a conversation. Good lighting and not noisy.
- Server forgot our orders andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/9/2012Server forgot our orders and overcharged me for the wrong drink at the end. We had to flag him down every time we wanted to order something.
- The food was excellent asSueWDined on 5/18/2012The food was excellent as was the service. Prices are very reasonable. I'm not sure it really is a wine bar--I did not find the wine list to be exceptional--but they have a nice list of solid wines.
- Fine wine and Delicious ThaiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2012I really like this place. Delicious, creative Thai food and excellent, tasteful wine selection. Service is very attentive and friendly. I will become a regular here.Special Features:
- Definitely make reserves at ReserveAmy127VIPDined on 4/21/2012I had a great dining experience here with my boyfriend. They had a great deal going - 30% off all wine bottles and of course we took advantage and enjoyed a lovely Chilean white. We ordered off of the tapas menu and nothing disapointed - if you go, you have to order the khao tung (shimp relish with crispy rice crakers), smoked salmon deviled eggs, and the scallion pancakes. They were all delicious. The service here was AMAZING and I am looking forward to going back and making this place a regular dining spot.Special Features:
- great prices after work, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/27/2012great prices after work, great wine, decent thai food - you really can't complain!Special Features:
- Went here for a first date,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2012Went here for a first date, just had a bottle of wine which was good, but expensive.
- Ok wine selection, the foodFoodieeeeDined on 2/4/2012Ok wine selection, the food was not that good. Really small ok for groups and dates.Special Features:
- Good food, service, wine choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 1/12/2012Good food, service, wine choices and value. I would recommend this place and would return again.Special Features:
- Amazing lunch special forsas140VIPDined on 1/1/2012Amazing lunch special for $7-9 including soup, app and entree. Add wine for $3 more.Special Features:
- some great hits and some missesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/30/2011some great hits and some misses - i would recommend sticking to the authentic thai options (save for the Thai Salad - not sure why that's on the menu but you're better off without it).Special Features:
- Totally NOT what the add promised.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2011Totally NOT what the add promised. It is very tiny with very little room. The food is mixed between many cusines and has very little resemblance of actual THAI food!!! There is no good view seats in the whole place(as promised on their website)
- We simply loved the place!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2011We simply loved the place!! None of us had been there before and it was amazing! Because I am pregnant, none of us went for the wine selection, but we definitely will next time! Great tasty food and very, very good prices! Thank you, guys!Special Features:
- I have been here several times,chicagovisitorDined on 8/15/2011I have been here several times, and I enjoy trying the different wines. They used to have a great happy hour, although this has now been changed so that only 2 wines are offered for the happy hour price. :( The food can be really good, although the pad thai was disappointing. I did enjoy some of their tapas and curries, which are very unique and sometimes spicy!Special Features:
- Service was inattentive, butOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/10/2011Service was inattentive, but the food was awesome, the wine was good, and I loved the laid back vibe. Definitely a great value for money.
- Food was pretty good, exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/13/2011Food was pretty good, except summer rolls which must have been made in advance and the wrapper was dry and hard. The noise level was OK until a larg group of people sat next to my table. After they arrived, it was difficult to carry out normal conversation and we needed to almost shout as they were very loud. It is nice to have a bar with Asian dish, which is suitable for "tapas". Price is very reasonable.Special Features:
- Our main dishes were not veryNeighborDined on 6/2/2011Our main dishes were not very tasty (my friend sent hers back).
- Was looking for Thai at 9pmOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/14/2011Was looking for Thai at 9pm on a Saturday night for a group of 5 people and happened upon Reserve Thai Wine Bar because they were close and had space! Service was super attentive and food was excellent - entire group enjoyed sharing a half dozen menu items, the favorite a Beef Penang Curry.Special Features:
- A group of us had a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/13/2011A group of us had a great time at Reserve. The cocktails were very interesting and the small plates were perfect for sharing. It's Thai-inspired, and they don't spare the spice, which was good for our group. Very popular were the Khao Tung, the Gratong Tong & the Mieng Khum Shrimp. The pizza had a little too much cheese for our taste.Special Features:
- Met my girlfriends here forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2011Met my girlfriends here for tapas and drinks. Everything order was tasty and satisfying. Staff was attentive and friendly. No complaints here!