Reserve Cut at Setai
40 Broad Street, 2nd Level
New York, NY 10004Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Reserve Cut at Setai
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.reservecut.com/
- Phone: 2127470300x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30 AM -2:30 PM
Friday :11:30 AM- 1:30 PM
Sunday - Thursday: 5:30 PM - 10:30 PM;
Saturday: One and a Half Hour after Sundown- Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French / Japanese, Steakhouse, Kosher
- Executive Chef: Hok Chin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Irene 3477554956x
- Cross Street: Exchange Place
- Public Transit: At the corner of Broad and Wall, there is the Broad Street station (J, Z trains)
4 & 5 trains to Wall St (at Broadway)
1 & R trains to Rector St (at Trinity)
2 & 3 trains at Wall St (at William)
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available in conjunction with the 45 Wall Street parking garage located on Exchange Place at William Street.
A word from Reserve Cut at Setai
Reserve Cut is a new contemporary kosher restaurant at The Setai Wall Street in the Financial District. Drawing on the Eastern influence of The Setai, the restaurant has Asian inspired décor in the 250-seat main dining room, sushi bar, wine room, and two additional spaces available for special events. Executive Chef Hok Chin will debut a menu featuring French and Asian inspired dishes Drawing on the Eastern influence of The Setai. Reserve Cut’s menu features over 10 types of prime steak sourced from The Prime Cut and dry aged in the restaurant’s private aging room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Reserve Cut at Setai reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (63)romantic (42)notable wine list (34)fit for foodies (32)good for groups (31)hot spot (18)great for lunch (18)neighborhood gem (12)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Perfect Luncheon Spot for ClientsNYCpalateDined on 9/11/2014Delicious appetizers, the entree portions are very generous, and the dessert (especially the raspberry creme brulee) is rich and perfectly caramelized.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KoshernomnomDined on 9/9/2014It was decent for a kosher spot. I stuck to the sushi
- PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Very overpriced. Probably the most expensive kosher steak houseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reserve you spot todayTomerDined on 8/31/2014Reserve cut is a cut above the rest. It's not you typical restaurant. Their menu is rich and the food is beyond anything your palette is accustomed to. Rich and flavorful steaks and great wine. This place is a winner. Oh, and remember to leave some room on you card. Each person averages about $150 fora meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice PlaceEnjoyKosherFoodDined on 8/31/2014The Restaurant is the nicest I've seen very elegant and nice decor. The food was OK, Service was amazing except for waiting to be seated. We had reservations arrived on time but was only seated 15 minutes later while there were a lot of empty tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just got engagedtheManDined on 8/31/2014I was recommended that I go to this restaurant for the food. All I was looking for was a nice place where both her and I could be happy for a bit before I popped the question. We walking in and were very impressed as the place looked great. When our waiter came the mood was almost instantly ruin. He spoke down to us and didn't bother taking the time to answer our questions regarding the menu. He later mentioned that he was very busy, but that doesn't excuse his attitude. He gave off such a sour impression that every time he even walked by my future wife's mood went sour a bit, and she isn't one to do that. I enjoyed the food more then her, maybe because of this, and in the end of the day we both did have a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I expected much more.Badbaruch40Dined on 8/28/2014I found the music totally un necessary. Service was slow. Food ok. Even due my hen and stuffings was so so. My wife liked her veal. I expected much more from such an expensive place
- RushedWallStreeterDined on 8/27/2014Food was good, but not at the prices commanded which was utterly ridiculous. We felt extremely rushed (with a smile). Seemed they wanted us in and out for the next patrons. Beautiful place, but loud. Tables too close together. This will be a one time experience for me. Wine list needs to be expanded.Special Features:
- Upscale Kosher at it's bestKosherFoodie18Dined on 8/20/2014My wife and I came to this restaurant for our anniversary dinner. Walking into the restaurant, it is by far the most upscale Kosher NYC restaurant that we've been to in terms of ambience and decor(and we've been to quite a few). We split 3 apps- the short rib tacos, the pot stickers, and the porcini mushroom soup, all of which were delectable and satisfyingly filling. For the main we split the 14 oz center cut rib eye, which was cooked to perfection and honestly was filling enough that we didn't have room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!FavoriteVIPDined on 8/17/2014Everything we has was delicious! Service was perfect! A bit pricy but excellent quality. What a great meal! My new favorite place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Overall, great experience (food, service, ambiance) ... very well attended, which is great for the mood but a little noisy as a result. Definitely will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- big show for nothing.fdinc56Dined on 8/11/2014Most overrated and expensive. While the setting and service were fine, the food however, was mediocre. My prime rib, $68 without sides, arrived near raw when ordered 'medium'. After noticing that I received the wrong order, I received a prime rib that was luke warm at best,and parially almost uncooked. Ordering an esspresso macchiato, I looked for the espresso part in my coffee. What a disappointment, so much hype for such mediocre food. Clearly a place to avoid, I had the most unpleasant feeling of having been taken for a ride. Pitiful.
- Reserve Cut a Cut AbovemiriamsDined on 8/10/2014Impeccable service from the moment we were seated throughout the meal. Our waiter was friendly and extremely knowledgeable and took time to guide us through the menu to ensure our experience was a good one. The lamb was the best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great kosher dining with drawbacksdavarnikDined on 8/6/2014beautiful kosher wall street find. very good food. very expensive. ridiculously high bar pricing . $34 for double bourbon. very very fun but very noisy, terrible acousticsSpecial Features:
- A Place to tryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Very imaginative menu, classy ambience and very tasty options. However quite expensive so be sure to come prepared to spend a lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/16/2014My husband and I have found our favorite kosher dining spot in New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingluv2eatDined on 7/16/2014Although quite pricey, they are the best steaks I have ever had! A must go in NYC! Beautiful setting and incredible food.Special Features:
- Exceptional kosher restaurantGuzeppeVIPDined on 7/14/2014One of the best kosher restaurants we have been to. We enjoyed porcini soup, and organic salmon. Deserts were simply outstanding. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!LeBrosephiusDined on 7/13/2014Wonderfull ambiance. Delicious food. Knowledgable and friendly staff. What more could you ask for!Special Features:
- Amazon experienceRivolzDined on 7/10/2014I felt so indulged!! It was amazing! The service was perfect as was the food and the complete experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lookingfrwrd2nxttimeDined on 7/9/2014The decor was lovely. The service was great. The food was great. The acoustics were not good. It was very noisy, without an excess amount of people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One hiccup but excellent overallmisadotDined on 7/6/2014I wanted a nice restaurant for my wife and I who were celebrating our anniversary. I've been to RC a couple of times before on some business lunches and this would be my first time there for a dinner. I reserved with opentable and requested some roses on the table. Unfortunately, this request was not accommodated. I brought this up to the manager who said they don't do that. My reply was that I would have appreciated a call to let me know and I would have at least made other arrangements. He made good on it though, by comping us with 2 glasses of champagne which was a nice touch. The shredded short rib tacos were delicious but a bit too sweet for my taste. The rest of the food was excellent and the ambiance is top notch. Highly Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aLatttesVIPDined on 7/1/2014Beautiful restaurant. Great food and beverage choices, but the restaurant is extremely unorganized! From the moment we checked in..it was so chaotic. We had to flag down the waitress numerous times. Someone other than our waitress took our order and we were not told the specials. We were given the bill without seeing the dessert menu. We had to ask for it and then order after they gave the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServiceYuM79Dined on 6/24/2014The ambience was very nice & calm yet trendy and cool. The service was fabulous and the food was very good. Every course came like a clock works. The staff kept coming to refill the glasses with water and wine. Bottom line, if you are looking to impress a lady or business colleague, this is a very good place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodDtasteDined on 6/23/2014The steak was delicious and expertly cut. Usually I pay about the same for a worse tasting steak and end up leaving 1/4 of it on my plate due to parts of it being to fatty or rare. That was not the case here, the steak at RC was deliciouse, perfectly seared, and all the fatty edges were already cut off. I definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys good food and is willing to pay a little more to get it.Special Features:
- Way over priced.OhlerDined on 6/23/2014Way way overpriced. Service is nothing to write home about either.
- Amazing kosher steak!!!MollyDined on 6/22/2014I've been looking for a decent kosher tasting steak house forever, literally.Every time my husband and I go to a one,we are very disappointed.The food tastes like it was made in a microwave.I stumbled upon Reserve Cut by chance and decided to try it out. It's very pretty,but noisy.Majority of diners are orthodox so I felt out of place bec I was one of perhaps three ladies wearing pants and sleeveless top but that was fine bec it's open to all.The food was amazing.Starting from the appetizers(beef sliders and pot stickers which come with tater tots),amazing!!!Then came our steaks.Sooooo juicy and done exactly as requested.Tasted amazing!!!And then the dessert.Amazing!It is pricey so it's a once in a while splurge.Overall,totally recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service not up to parnochopsticksDined on 6/22/2014The food was great, but I really came for the service. My brother recommended the place specifically for the service. I was disappointed. The waiter while talking to us and taking our order stopped twice to talk to other staff members without excusing himself. We asked 3 times for ice and didn't get. Our water wasn't refilled until I had to find someone and asked for water. I ordered sushi red dragon ($18 not worth it) when I got my sushi it took 10 minutes I didn't get chop sticks and soy sauce, again I had to flag the waiter and asked for it. I'm not complaining but if you asked I'm saying what I feel. A restaurant that charges these prices and claims to give 5 star service, we expected a little more then we got. The food was delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovedEmmyDined on 6/12/2014Great food. Great service. Great ambiance. Highly reccomendableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best kosher restaurant in the worldASGadvDined on 6/12/2014The proof that kosher food can be gastronomic. Great decor. Good service.only too noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodAronwDined on 6/9/2014You must try the short ribs. The best in the city. The wine display is a beautiful masterpieceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Kosher diningKosherNY31Dined on 6/8/2014Wonderful (and much needed) addition to the Kosher scene. Great food, good wine list, friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to class it upNYCFoodDined on 6/6/2014All the restaurants that have been in space have been good. It's too bad they don't get enough press (perhaps once the scaffolding is removed?) I went for lunch and had the sliders, tuna salad and the raspberry creme brulee. Everything was delicious. It is probably better in winter since it's kind of dark and there is no outdoor space here. It is a cozy place, even though it's big and the service here is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Changes...conversationalistVIPDined on 6/3/2014I loved the predecessor restaurant - but this was excellent. Good food, and still the charming decor. It is a good place for a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalBungalowvDined on 5/22/2014I've been to kosher steak houses and restaurants around the world. By far Reserve Cut has set the new standard. While it is extremely pricey and not for the budget conscious, Reserve Cut is exceptional. My party was seated promptly upon arriving (8:00 PM). We were fawned over by no less than 4 servers the entire night. Although we had 1 main waiter responsible for the table, other servers always came by to make sure everything was just fine. The food was outstanding. Everything cooked perfectly, lots of flavor, simply delectable. The tuna tartar, kirin sushi, beef tacos, rack of lamb and boneless waygu steak were flawless. The atmosphere and decor were spot on. It's an upscale kosher restaurant that doesn't succumb to the stereotypical.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kosher With ClassBorisDined on 5/22/2014With the dearth of upscale kosher restuarants in the Wall Street area, particularly after the closing of the short lived Milk Street Cafe, The Reserve Cut is a welcome addition. For lunch they offer a $40 lunch special, the wagyu beef sliders were tasty as was the downtown burger. For an important business lunch I would recommend The Reserve Cut.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantAbegDined on 5/21/2014We had the Short Rib Tacos which were AWESOME, wagyu steak& the Coufe steak. They most definitely have a great chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 35 reviews are from the Reserve Cut at Setai reviews archive.
- An opentable NOtheirfanVIPDined on 5/20/2014Does not honor checks does not have honor. Had to call opentable for them to honor reservation and the check!! And they said that I am demanding ..
- outstanding but expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014The food was delicious, the service was great, and the ambiance was classy. A bit pricey for what it is...Not sure if I would bring a group, because it is outrageously expensive. Really nice for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Best kosher resto in NYCDavidandDayleVIPDined on 5/18/2014The nicest ambience of any kosher restaurant I have ever been to anywhere, matched by superb, quality food nicely presented. The only (and I mean only) drawback for us is its location, i.e. the financial district. But the food is so good and the surroundings so appealing, that it is worth the subway ride or the drive.Special Features: