123 Chestnut St.
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.reservephilly.com/
- Phone: 2159646262
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday
5pm - 2am
Reservations for special promotions and discounted vouchers must be called in. Thank you.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ken Deiner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Reserve Your Private Party Now!
Reserve Restaurant Bar & Lounge
Soon to be Philadelphia’s Favorite Steakhouse!
Customized Menu Options
Speciality Bourbon/Beer/Cocktail Pricing
For more information please contact Annie Moretti at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entertainment: We Feature Live Peformanaces Thursday - Saturday.
Call 215.964.6262 for more details
- Special Events: Martini Monday
Wine & Cheese Wednesday
The Thursday Night Affair
Scene - Friday Nights
1/2 Off Happy Hour Monday - Friday - 5-8pm
For More Information visit reservephilly.com or Email Us At email@example.com
A word from Reserve
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine in an environment that has fittingly been described as “turn of the century high-society”. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and fresh seafood flown in daily will fuel your culinary dream as our award-winning wine list compliments every entrée. Located in the heart of Old City Philadelphia, Reserve offers unparalleled ambiance along with world-famous cuisine & impeccable service. The multi-level restaurant features New York Style Steakhouse Butcher Block tables in a dark wood paneled room accented by handcrafted stained glass ceilings and mosaic tiled floors. The popular, lively bar features a selection of micro-brewed lagers & ales, an extensive wine list, single-malt scotches, over 100 Bourbons, fresh squeezed juices & hand-shaken cocktails. Reserve also serves an extensive Bar Menu until 2 AM featuring artisan pizzas and Old City's Best Burger.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Reserve reviews from OpenTable diners
- Cocktails & Steaks: A Few MistakesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012Don't get me wrong, the drinks were good and the food delicious. Just lots of small diner thorn-in-the-side for the prices being charged. Everyone was friendly and accomidating as well. MGMT: Maybe a few things to address? Bar: 1. If offering, remember water. We also were asked for our drink order 3 times by the same bartender. 2. You're a bourbon bar. You can't be out all 4 bourbons in 4 of your house cocktails I order on a saturday. 3. Garnishes 86'd on house cocktails. See above. Dinner: 1. The kitchen is terrific. Everything was delicious! 2. The food runner was confused on what he had... 3. Section assignments.... our server was friendly but extremely stretched thin all over the floor. Tasty, but too pricey for theSpecial Features:
- lets start from the very beginningunkdavDined on 9/7/2012lets start from the very beginning ... i had a 9o'clock reservation my table was not ready for about 25mins, once seated it took a few more minutes for a waitress ... we placed our appetizers which were fair took 33mins to come to the table [ shrimp cocktail / calamari ] , had to get a managers attention ... entrees were actually pretty good, skipped desert because it was 11:30 at the conclusion of the meal ... the waitress did have 1 round of drinks comped for the wait ... wouldnt return
- This is the worst steakhouseJDELDined on 9/7/2012This is the worst steakhouse I have EVER been to. We waited 20 mins for drinks at the bar; the bar tender forgot he took our our! They used FROZEN bread. In fact, all the food seemed frozen. When we asked about the "infused vodka" drinks, the waitress looked at us like we are crazy and then said that they don't have those anymore. Everything about this place was bad. It's one notch above an Apple B's, but their prices are for an high end steakhouse. STAY AWAY.
- The BEST!!!!!!!JimKimVIPDined on 9/7/2012We are frequent diners from Old City to Fairmount Park and everything in between. Reserve is hands down the BEST place we have eaten at. The filet and porterhouse were sop tender we cut them with a butterknife. The creamed spinach and the loaded baked potato were out of this world and to top it off the best martini we have ever enjoyed the Teal-tini. Best of all 100% of the proceeds for the martini went to Gilda's house. Overall such a pleasurable experience and we can not wait to go back!!!!!!!Special Features:
- More Bar/Club Than RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2012The two hostess that greeted us appeared very uncertain about our reservation & the readiness of any tables. Most of the tables in the dining area were completely bare & had not been set for the next wave of reservations. Service appears a bit uneven with numerous wait staff bringing food to the table, including managers to supplement the servers. The food is definitely worth the long wait as the chef's plates are meticulously prepared & delicious, especially the striped sea bass with risotto. The side dishes, although a la carte, are ample enough for two people. Do not dine here if you're in a hurry or if you have plans immediately afterward. Atmosphere is nice- more bar room than restaurant. We would definitely dine here again.Special Features:
- AVOID THIS PLEASEOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2012Worst experience of my life. 45 min for bread 75 min for calamari and oysters 120 min for steaks 45 min for check. I had a coupon on my phone and the waitress takes my phone to process my check and somehow loses my phone. Just horrible.
- Some food came out cold. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2012Some food came out cold. The steak was kind of tough. The drinks were good. But that was not the worst of it. They were kind of rude to us. I can only assume because we had a groupon. We were 1 of 3 tables of people during typical dinner hours so it was NOT crowded at all. They gave us attitude and tried to play it off as joking. They were unprofessional and frankly we couldn't get past the rude management to the point our meal was ruined.
- Wonderful scene/location andMCG123Dined on 8/31/2012Wonderful scene/location and bourbon list. Food was good, not great especially for the price. Would definitely go back for happy hour.
- Don't goOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/28/2012The worst steakhouse I've ever dined in. The steaks were of very poor quality. The sides were just as bad, roasted potatoes were being passed off as lyonaise potatoes
- Great space at ReserveSouthStreetMikeVIPDined on 8/28/2012Reserve was a surprising find in the Old City neighborhood. I did not expect the high ceiling and grand atmosphere inside. Our server, Kevin was very attentive and helpful. The food was good, my steak (ribeye) was good as ordered, but as often is the case, I felt it was overpriced since you have to order sides ala carte. The side I was so looking forward to trying, the potato gratin with carmelized onions was unavailable. Kevin said that Chef wasn't satisfied with the way it came out and wouldn't be serving it that night. The cauliflower gratin and garlic spinach were good alternatives. It was not too crowded and the tables were spaced well for conversation without feeling like you were sharing your dinner with neighboring tables.Special Features:
- The manager did a great joblunchmuncherDined on 8/28/2012The manager did a great job overcoming unfortunate problem with suppliers. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- (8/27/12) Wanted to like thisOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/27/2012(8/27/12) Wanted to like this place but in the end I just could not find any reason to come back here again in the near future, especially in a place like Philly where the dining scene aspires to be so much more than just fancy ingredients on a plate. +: Great location and venue with an impressive ambiance. Very friendly and helpful bar and wait staff, some of which are new but at least tried very hard (hey, we've all been there). Great happy hour. Delicious food if it were timed and brought out better. -: Disorganized food service where the lack of communication between employees was obvious, leading to mystery beer, neglected presentation, and tepid apps and entrees. Worst: disinterested manager. For $, just not ready for primetime.
- My expectations were moderate.hollanriDined on 8/25/2012My expectations were moderate. We picked it because the location was convienient. It exceeded my expectations. It is not five star, but it is not too far off. It is comfortable and relaxed. The food and service were very good. It features itself as a Burbon Bar, but it has a good beer selection and a very nice wine list. We were very happy we went, and will both recommend it and return.Special Features:
- The service was very good,MowglivtVIPDined on 8/25/2012The service was very good, but the steak,though cooked perfectly to our specifications, was average at best.
- The food was spectacular.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2012The food was spectacular. The service was tremendous. From the lump crab cake appetizer to the delmonico steak to the parmesan truffle fies (best I have ever tasted) the food was well prepared and absolutely great! The waitress wa pleasant and helpful. A+++++++ all the way around.Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012Beautiful restaurant, great ambience, wonderful food. I'll definitely go back...especially for those potatoes & onions au gratin, so good!Special Features:
- Amazing service, I felt likeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/16/2012Amazing service, I felt like I was at a 5 star resort with all of the help and attention they gave to my table. Thanks Reserve!!!Special Features:
- Excellent Choice for DinnerRobWDined on 8/15/2012The bar area was loaded with the after-work crowd, but our booth in the dining area was far enough away that we were able to have a conversation and romantic dinner. Kevin, our waiter, was very attentive and personable. William, the Manager, even made a couple of visits to our table to do quality assurance. Great appetizers, delicious entrees. However, they need to work on the desserts! Seemed like they just ran to the supermarket to grab the apple pie and chocolate cake from the Pepperidge Farm section. But, that certainly won't deter us from returning or recommending Reserve to our friends.Special Features:
- Great Service, Had the FiletSurfAnglerDined on 8/8/2012Great Service, Had the Filet and the Mrs. had Salmon. Both were excellent. Great drink selection and wine list. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Steak was unimpressive forBradDined on 7/28/2012Steak was unimpressive for the price. Any accompaniments cost at least $10 to add. Waiter disappeared toward the end of our meal and we sat for 20 mins with empty plates and glasses. For ~$200 for 2 people I was expecting better food and better service. Parking was also expensive and shady. Give $20 and my keys to some random guy around the corner just to park for dinner? No thanks. I asked the waiter about the parking validation mentioned on the website. He never got back to me. I'll be going to the Capital Grille next time, or perhaps Del Friscos.Special Features:
- We started off with a badOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/11/2012We started off with a bad bottle of wine, then progressed to cold steaks, poor quality meat, over done steaks (2 of 4 sent back to kitchen and still didn't get it right) and tasteless sides.
- Loved the Reserve!OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 7/10/2012Great staff, food and culture. Easy access to parking. The mussels were delicious. The filet mignon delightful I really enjoyed the meal. Great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Awesome restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2012Pricey, but worth every penny. had a great meal here. The asparagus soup with crab meat was excellent. Steaks - fabulous. They have a great bourbon selection. I must go back for another meal. Fantastic in all aspects. Great service.Special Features:
- Phenomenal ambience and veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2012Phenomenal ambience and very friendly and attentive staff. Food was delicious! Dinner is expensive, but definitely worth it for a special occassion. Bartender, Megan, made the best Orange Creamsicle Martini that I have ever tasted!Special Features:
- Not very crowded for our 6-topGFFoodieVIPDined on 6/25/2012Not very crowded for our 6-top reservation at 7pm, so hard to judge the true experience, but the food was very good! Gorgeous setting. Friendly wait staff, but had a bit of a wait for the entrees, which was odd given we were pretty much the only table in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Very unusual pairings of saladOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/24/2012Very unusual pairings of salad and dessert with Breakfast. We eat out often, and take advantage of discounts to discover new places to dine. I don't think we would return here.
- We had a absolutely fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2012We had a absolutely fabulous time. The food was delicious and exactly what we wanted and ordered. Our server was fantastic, he went out of his way to make it a memorable time for us. We were out celebrating my mother's birthday and it was a very special evening thanks to our server. We loved the restaurant and would recommend it to anyone looking for great food and a good time. We plan on going back for lunch once they start serving it so we can check that out too.Special Features:
- First time trying ReserveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/22/2012First time trying Reserve was not a dissapointment. The evening was slow maybe due to a pending thunderstorm, so my group received undivided attention from the staff. The food was very good. I would recommend and I will go back again.Special Features:
- The food was only fair becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/21/2012The food was only fair because I know they have turned out better. Maybe they were just having a bad night.Special Features:
- Good time & Good Food at ReserveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/18/2012Had a wonder dinner. Food was excellent and some different dishes that I haven't found elsewhere. The service was very good, we left the waitress a larger than 20% tip because she was so good. Nice old style Philly atmosphere - very regal - formerly a bank. Played nice Sinatra/Tony Bennett sytle music and you could carry on a conversation without yelling back and forth. A wonderful dining experience...we plan on going back there again and again.Special Features:
- Very adaquate. Went for brunch.FoodieVIPDined on 6/17/2012Very adaquate. Went for brunch. Solid nothing special though.
- Reserve has potential, buteatoutVIPDined on 6/13/2012Reserve has potential, but it is not there yet! Food was good - not great - but fully acceptable. Service was sub par. Waiter disappeared the moment he realized we were not purchasing a second bottle of wine. We had to ask for water glass refill three times. Price points demand quality.
- A Must "Reserve" PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/11/2012So glad we found this nice restaurant through you, Opentable. We loved everything about the Reserve...we are even planning a party there come september. Awesome place. the Food was creatively delicious, and the SErvice was outstanding. We will be back again, just the two of us and our group of friends. Reserve us a table!Special Features:
- We were in town for a weddingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2012We were in town for a wedding in the Society Hill section of town. The venue is just spectacular. There were four in our party and each of us had something differnt from the menu 2 had steaks, 2 had fish. Everyone was satisfied. My husband had the lobster bisque to start and he said this was the best he had ever had! All of the staff were just so attentive, but not bothersome. It was a relaxing, fun night and we definitely would return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Negative reviews are on target.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/27/2012I really wanted to like Reserve & I thought the negative reviews were perhaps overly picky people. I was wrong. First the highlights...the scallop salad with citrus dressing was lovely, the perfect warm weather salad. My spouse thought the French onion soup was very good. He was not impressed with his delmonico steak. Came covered in Bernaise sauce & with mashed potatoes & asparagus even though the menu says "a la carte." The side order of onion rings looked like giant donuts with all the batter. They had no flavor at all. My order of duck breast was overcooked & so charred from the grill that it tasted like London broil. Would have sent it back but we have theatre to attend & the service was SO SLOW already.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/26/2012Second time at Reserve and I was not disappointed.Special Features:
- A great audition to the OldeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/21/2012A great audition to the Olde City Neighborhood. Attentative staff and a creative spin on the typical steakhouse. Trading thick cabs for a smooth bourbon was definitely the right choice.Special Features:
- Great service and food. SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/19/2012Great service and food. Steaks were cooked to perfection. Very cool Edwardian decor and notable Bourbon list.Special Features:
- Great food, slow servicereturndinerVIPDined on 5/16/2012Our food was amazing, but the service was very slow. We were seated outside which we both thought was fantastic, so neither of us were in a rush at all. Still, the wait between drinks and courses was unreasonably long. Luckily we opted to enjoy the nice weather and didn't let it effect our evening. As mentions, the food was all delicious. We will definitely return to try again, and hopefully some of the flaws in service will have been worked out by then.Special Features:
- Michael Baker, Ess.Svcs. BrokerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012The food was delicious and the service was just right. We were there for Mother's Day Brunch so it was a little noisy but not annoyingly so. They also had really comfortable private dining accommodations. We have a new "spot".Special Features: