429 Westlake Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Lake Union / Eastlake
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.republicseattle.com/
- Phone: (206) 467-5300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Fusion / Eclectic, French
- Executive Chef: Greg Swenson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Re:public
re:public(regarding the public) lets its food take center stage. Simple, rustic decor - brick walls and dark woods - paves the way for creative lunch, dinner and happy hour dishes. Located in Seattle's vibrant South Lake Union community, re:public features French and Italian infused cuisine. Our exceptional chefs put extensive thought and care into each menu item including our house made pastas. We are happy to navigate the shortest distance between the farm and your table. The winner of Evening Magazine's best new restaurant in Western Washington for 2010,The Seattle Times gave re:public 3 stars out of 4, and great reviews keep coming in. Please come by and let us show you why!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Re:public - Best Restaurants in Lake Union / Eastlake ›
Re:public reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (22)neighborhood gem (20)great for lunch (15)good for groups (14)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)special occasion (4)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (2)romantic (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great spot to meet up at S Lk UnionGrumpyMamaVIPDined on 1/10/2013Great birthday dinner. Festive atmosphere. Food was wonderful and well thought out.Special Features:
- I had out-of-town guest showDowntownDinerDined on 1/8/2013I had out-of-town guest show up and we wanted a place to talk for a long time to catch up. So this turned out to be a good deal--the booth we got was ample and spacious, the food was very, very good, and the drink service was great and offered a range of very good things to drink. The only nit is that this was a bit noisier than I expected given the atmosphere--it's a high-ceilinged room, with a very laid-back feel, but the music was more than I expected. However--if you are into the late-night bar scene where you and your friends are chatting around a bar or long table, it's perfect. I would return, gladly. The service was very, very good, professional, friendly, and sincere.Special Features:
- Loved the food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/5/2013Loved the food and service. Would have been better with a bit more light - could barely read the menu!Special Features:
- Excellent food, but couldn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/4/2013Excellent food, but couldn't see it very well because the restaurant was a bit dark! Otherwise, we loved the ambiance.Special Features:
- Very dark in the Re:public,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012Very dark in the Re:public, food was fantastic but hard to find with my fork, felt like I needed a flashlight.Special Features:
- Small but interesting lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/17/2012Small but interesting lunch menu. Fun SLU spot. Food was ok. Server was good.
- the atmosphere was great &NatalieDined on 12/15/2012the atmosphere was great & we definitely appreciated that our waitress gave us time to hang out & enjoy each other's company rather than rushing us through our dinner -- really great for a rare night out! however, the food was okay but left a lot to be desired. the descriptions on the menu sounded much more promising than the actual results.
- Benign NeglectOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/12/2012That's the best way I can describe my most recent experience at Re:Public. I've now been there a half-dozen times, 4 lunches and 2 dinners. Lunches have always been sensational. Both dinners, including most recent, were disappointing. Started off ok--nice table, friendly server who made helpful recommendations. When a large table was seated near us, though, things went downhill big time. Our dinners came out cold as if they'd been sitting under the heat lamp for awhile. When we finally got to report this--and by now our drinks and water glasses were both empty--the server didn't do a thing in response. Didn't offer to comp wine or dessert, or take them back for a re-do. The large party meant they basically forgot about us. Disappointing!
- Our service was amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/7/2012Our service was amazing. He was on top of everything. Quick and helpful service. My favorite part was probably the drinks and ambiance. The cheese plate appetizer was delicious. For entrees there wern't many options for the vegetarian, my one complaint. Would have loved more options. So I had to get the pasta, whick was ok. Date got the burger, was good but just your average burger. Reccomend going for drinks or drinks and appetizers, not for dinner.
- I had the daily special, whichOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/19/2012I had the daily special, which was halibut. It was excellent. Friendly service and excellent cuisine.Special Features:
- Busy Lunchtime...good foodFoodiecoupleDined on 11/9/2012Great food, but limited menu. Fair value for the quality of food. Service was okay. There are not a lot of tables so it gets busy at lunch.Special Features:
- We have been going to RepublicOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/3/2012We have been going to Republic for quite sometime and and experience has always been a good one. This last Saturday was vastly different. Everything we ordered was overly salted! We all ordered something different and it all was so very salty. Our waiter was not great either. I think it will be a while, if every before we return.
- Inconsistent but when it's good...MrschadDined on 11/1/2012Excellent lunch--Re:public really shines during the day. My dinners there have been far less enjoyableSpecial Features:
- Noisy, but good foodDianeDined on 10/25/2012The food and the service were exceptional, but the noise level ruined our ability to have a decent conversation--and that's what we were there for.Special Features:
- Great sceneOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/20/2012Went to re:public for a dinner with some girlfriends on a busy Saturday night. The restaurant is gorgeous and the service, wine and appetizers were amazing, but my main dish left a little something to be desired. We had the olives, almonds and home made pickles for an appetizer and we all agreed the olives were perfectly marinated. I ordered the steak, which was cooked to perfection, but the demi sauce was too salty. Everything else was great though, so I would definitely recommend the restaurant to friends!Special Features:
- We had a gift card from aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012We had a gift card from a raffle with the Bushwick Bookclub. We were very excited for the prize and had a very nice time at you restaurant. It was my sweetie's bday and the cocktails were a great treat. It was also nice to see zeppoles on the dessert menu as we are from NY and have not found them anywhere here in Seattle. If you do rotate your menu I would love to see more vegetarian entree options (besides pasta) otherwise the food was very tasty Thanks again and we will be back! terrySpecial Features:
- Very noisy, but the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/21/2012Very noisy, but the food was terrific. The service was great!Special Features:
- It was so loud that my waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/19/2012It was so loud that my waiter couldn't even hear what I ordered. I ended up with the wrong dish. The food was great though and they corrected the issue and brought me out what I had ordered. Just really hard to talk and hear other people.
- We dropped in for dinner inOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012We dropped in for dinner in the early evening on a Friday. Service, food and drinks were all very good. There was a corporate party happening in the back so the noise was actually overwhelming. Last time we were here we had a table at the open window to Westlake so noise wasn't an issue. Fairly pricey, next time we might just order up a few small plates to go along with drinks.
- The food is BEAUTIFUL! ThecjgrebDined on 9/7/2012The food is BEAUTIFUL! The presentations are artistic. The flavors are lovely. This is fun American Bistro food. I am impressed! If you like big flavors (sweet and salty together), then get the fried chicken. It was fantastic!Special Features:
- Good food and wine and attentivevefoodieVIPDined on 8/17/2012Good food and wine and attentive service. Delicious dessert (cherry and rhubarb crisp with brown butter ice cream). Cucumber in the crudo appetizer were a bit too think and taglierini pasta was actually tagliatelle, but overall it was good. Also did not like that they charge for bread.Special Features:
- I work just around the corner,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2012I work just around the corner, and Re: Public is always great for a little bit of an upscale lunch.Special Features:
- The presentation was lovely.CwireDined on 8/5/2012The presentation was lovely. Our server was very helpful, guided us into the right food and drink choices.
- My birthday celebration.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/5/2012Just looked for a restaurant that could take a group of 8. It was wonderful. My pasta with green pea purée was wonderful. The steak was small and not that special. The starters were very good: pork belly, beats and chicken liver. Great service, setting was quiet which we so welcomed. Had a lovely evening.Special Features:
- A very nice spot, one we willOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/20/2012A very nice spot, one we will return to very soon. The food was very good, a well stocked bar, and servers who were friendly and accomodating.Special Features:
- Great spot for a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/15/2012Great spot for a wonderful meal in a very causal setting. Bar setting but quiet. The burgers and fries are out of this world but we also had pate and halibut and a wonderful little keylime tart. Great for anyone looking for a casual unpretentious meal but with nicely prepared food. Small menu--good, beer , wine, and drink selections. Nice bread!Special Features:
- Republic is one of our favoritehealthyfoodieVIPDined on 7/14/2012Republic is one of our favorite restaurants in Seattle. It has great energy, an urban loft feel, and the staff is welcoming. The atmosphere is our favorite thing because it feels a bit like a big city restaurant, but without the attitude. The food is of high quality and the menu changes seasonally so it's always interesting. We are picky about our cocktails and this is a place you can get a great cocktail; a good place to stop in for a drink at the bar or stay for dinner. My husband and I dine here often either with friends or just the two of us and it's always an exceptional experience.Special Features:
- Loved this place! Had heardOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2012Loved this place! Had heard good things and it did not disappoint. The house cocktail was yummy and we especially loved the pork belly starter. Not a ton of things to choose from on the menu but both of our meals were superb. Staff was very attentive but not overly so. It was a bit noisy but not too bad, we expected noise since the bar takes up over half the restaurant. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Very good overall experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/30/2012The food, service, and overall experience were all very good. Their signature cocktail was heavenly. We didn't sit outdoors, but it had that outdoor feel because of the front was totally open. Although I wouldn't call it kid-friendly, per se, they were accommodating of our six year old, and we saw a few other kids there. (We were there on the early side, when you're more likely to see kids at restaurants.) The menu wasn't particularly vegetarian-friendly, but our one vegetarian found something good to eat. We'd go back again if we were in the neighborhood and looking for a nicer restaurant.Special Features:
- Unpolished and inflexible, a missFrankVIPDined on 6/28/2012I wanted to like Re:public more than I did. A problem for me was a changing menu and no flexibility on the part of the kitchen in making a dish slightly differently as I had heard about it from friends who had recently eaten there. It felt like the chef was trying for a Quinn's style of cuisine but without reaching the Quinn's level of near-perfection at everything they do. I might try them again in a year or so to see if they've worked out the kinks.
- One of my favorite spots inOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2012One of my favorite spots in South Lake Union. Great ambiance, great food, great overall vibe.Special Features:
- The halibut was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2012The halibut was excellent, good sandwhiches as well, but the fries were a bit dissappointing as they were very soggy. Our other friend had the falafel, and while tasty, was a small portion for the price. Overall I would like to give it a try again as the service was great.Special Features:
- Fabulous Food and StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2012This is my favorite resturant in Seattle. The food is fabulous and the staff is great. I have only great things to say about this resturant.Special Features:
- We chose Re:public for ourMJH1Dined on 6/21/2012We chose Re:public for our anniversary based on its reviews, and we were not disappointed! We chose the roasted beets and pork belly for our starters, and the half spring chicken and lamb ragu papardelle as our mains. Everything was beautifully prepared and amazingly delicious. Service was friendly and attentive. We will be back again soon!Special Features:
- Food was great. Really appreciateOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/9/2012Food was great. Really appreciate that you take reservations! Our waiter was a little snooty, by the end of the evening I was tired of it.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed our eveningswinseattleDined on 6/7/2012Really enjoyed our evening at Republic. My only complaint was that it was a little noisy.Special Features:
- A little pricey, but the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/6/2012A little pricey, but the service and the food are excellent.Special Features:
- SMILES BY ALLOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/5/2012What a find! Amazing food, very carefully prepared and presented. All six of us commented on the tastes and textures, and continued to comment hours later. Wait staff was friendly, and helpful and delivered our food with a beautiful smile. We were all smiling when we left after having such an enjoyable experienceSpecial Features:
- Just tried for the first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/29/2012Just tried for the first time for lunch with a friend. She had the halibut special. The presentation was a work of art and equally delicious. I had soup (curried cauliflower) and a sandwich (lamb patty). My plate looked bland by comparison. It was reasonably tasty, just not exceptional. Service was fine-unobtrusive and timely.
- Great for parties and for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2012I hosted an event there for a going away party and then had dinner right after with an old friend. Both experiences were terrific. Good food, great service, and fabulous atmosphere. Thanks Re:public for a great night.Special Features: