429 Westlake Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Lake Union / Eastlake
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.republicseattle.com/
- Phone: 2064675300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Fusion / Eclectic, French
- Executive Chef: Greg Swenson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Re:public
re:public(regarding the public) lets its food take center stage. Simple, rustic decor - brick walls and dark woods - paves the way for creative lunch, dinner and happy hour dishes. Located in Seattle's vibrant South Lake Union community, re:public features French and Italian infused cuisine. Our exceptional chefs put extensive thought and care into each menu item including our house made pastas. We are happy to navigate the shortest distance between the farm and your table. The winner of Evening Magazine's best new restaurant in Western Washington for 2010,The Seattle Times gave re:public 3 stars out of 4, and great reviews keep coming in. Please come by and let us show you why!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Re:public - Best Restaurants in Lake Union / Eastlake ›
Re:public reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (15)neighborhood gem (15)vibrant bar scene (14)good for groups (12)great for lunch (8)hot spot (6)late-night find (6)special occasion (3)romantic (2)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- fun watering hole with great foodfitchefVIPDined on 10/2/2014Loved our dinner at Republic. The food was prepared well and served in a timely manner. Our server was friendly and helpful. My only negative comment would be that it does get very noisy and it was difficult to hear the people at the end of the table (maybe not such a great loss).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LONG wait for foodMitaDined on 9/20/2014We went for brunch and were happy that our large group (7 adults and 2 toddlers) were seated easily (the place only had two other tables of customers). The staff were a little slow to take our order, which didn't bother us too much. However, we waited over 30 minutes for our food to come. Since we were dining with our 15-month-old son, I had some food for him otherwise we would not have been able to wait for the food. The food that came was tasty, but the staff never commented about the delay for the food and since we were a large group tip was automatically included.
- Worth a visitseattlegirl13Dined on 9/18/2014Fun spot for lunch, dinner or just a drink! Simple interiors with a vibrant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service great. Food hit or miss.MentalBistroDined on 9/13/2014Went for dinner on a Saturday. Early enough so it wasn't super crowded. Right off the bat the service was great. Very accommodating to our 3-yr-old. Warm, friendly, knowledgeable. Not rude or pretentious as others have said (remember, everyone has bad days). Now. The food. As a foodie I cannot summarily dismiss this place, not can I summarily recommend it on the basis of the food. Some things were awesome (Manila clams), some things were overly fussy but still tasty (halibut). You would have to experiment with the menu to find the hidden gems, if you're willing to shell out $15-27 every time to do it. But no. This is not the best burger in Seattle. Sorry Seattle Met. We'd have been happier sticking with clams and charcuterie.
- Eating CleanImmaHungryDined on 8/12/2014I had some limitations on what I could eat so I asked for the lunch steak to be cooked with only salt and pepper and my salad without an oil dressing. My server and the kitchen took amazing care of me. Steak was a great lean cut and it was done perfectly. The salad was delicious and within my requirements. Cannot say enough about how much I enjoyed my lunch. Eat here.Special Features:
- Surprising FindOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2014Lunch here on a weekday -- three of us -- each dish well prepared and fantastic ingredients -- great farm to table menu -- great service -- highly recommend.Special Features:
- Re:public is SLU magiclizkDined on 8/4/2014I adore Re:public. I've been there several times for lunch, happy hour, and dinner, and the menu is always filled with fresh creations featuring local foods. The servers are knowledgeable and friendly, and they're always spot on with suggestions. It's a little spendy, but worth a couple dollars extra for the quality of food and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014Everyone in our group raved about their main course, from " Best burger I've ever had", to "outstanding lamb bolognese". The new chef has range and something for everyone in this hip location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must tryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Grant ambiance, service and food! We were a group of 12 and had a fantastic timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, chill placescb399VIPDined on 7/4/2014Had great drinks at the bar and an appetizer of chilis and cheese. The drinks were awesome, the food was pretty good, if you're not in the mood for anything specific. The menu looked decent to us at first glance, but neither of us could really pick an entree that would hit the spot so we stopped after the appetizer. The chilis were very interesting and simple with a good flavor, but it could have used more or a different cheese to augment them. I think they just need to put a little more thought into the dishes for the price.Special Features:
- Loud, Loud, Loudpan2VIPDined on 6/25/2014We asked for and received the quietest table in the house but at that, we had to shout to hear each other. Most of us had excellent food. Unfortunately, two had food that was oversalted. I know that they spoke to the server but I don't know if there was any outcome SINCE WE COULDN'T HEAR. The service was fabulous. the wine list was a mystery. Didn't recognize any of the offerings. The prices were over the top. Normally would have bought a bottle but not at these prices. And so, the place was absolutely jammed which says a lot but it won't be jammed by us any time again when there is likely to be a crowd. We were there at 6:00 PM, the end of happy hour. By 7:30 it was quieter but still louder than we would have preferred.Special Features:
- The following 148 reviews are from the Re:public reviews archive.
- Great energy, good food.topcatDined on 6/12/2014Nicely presented and beautifully cooked food. Staff friendly although food took a little while to come. The place was buzzing so was a little on the noisy side for the group dinner discussions but it did make for good energy.Special Features:
- Just found a new favorite!LDubDined on 5/11/2014We dined at re:public for mothers day brunch and were absolutely satiated and delighted. From the cocktails, food and service everything was on point! Both my bestie and I live up north, and will happily make the trek into town for dinners and lunches as we plan to work or way through their outstanding menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014Came across as more of a bar than restaurant. Disappointed that they didn't provide cappuccino's (regular coffee only). I was suspicious that I picked the wrong place for brunch when upon arriving at 10:15 on Mother's Day, only a couple of tables were occupied! I expect it would be a better place to hang out in the evening than for brunch.
- Super delicious!KW33VIPDined on 5/9/2014Would definitely return here. The food and the staff are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just a neat placegafeldDined on 4/26/2014All around - atmosphere, space, food, etc!!! there were three of us, and all three had the same feeling throughout the dinner. It was GREAT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Easter BrunchSLUFanDined on 4/20/2014Our whole table enjoyed the food. I will return for the monte cristo and wonderful raspberry preserves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely loudOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/18/2014The noise level made it ridiculously difficult to talk during dinner. We made reservations post happy hour hopng to have a relaxing dinner. It was not! The food was good and waitstaff acceptable. Wouldn't recommend unless you're in the mood for a raucous bar scene evening!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2014This is a fun, energetic restaurant/bar in South Lake Union. The hostess was able to easily accommodate the addition of a third person to our 6:30PM reservation on a Friday. We arrived just after happy hour ended and the bar was still packed. Service was delightful in the dining room. Cocktails were well made and inventive. Everyone at our table enjoyed their food. The only negative part of the experience was the volume. At times it was difficult to hear the conversation at my own table. Otherwise, Re:public has a fun vibe with excellent food, cocktails and service. I plan to return.Special Features:
- Great food , Loud AtmosphereRainmaker1963Dined on 4/1/2014I would revisit this Restaurant. Food was excellent. Ordered The Arctic Char Fish and it was cooked perfect on a bed of lentils. Nice portion. Restaurant dining area is open air atmosphere, place was busy which lent itself to being loud. If you want a restaurant that is happening this is the place to go. Not recommended for quiet and romantic evenings or for taking clients out. Arrive early because parking in downtown Seattle isn't easy to find. Parking garage was 3 blocks away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice option for Sunday brunchWWDWDDined on 3/23/2014With so many Seattle restaurants having such long waits for brunch, we were pleasantly surprised to learn that Re:public took reservations and had plenty of availability. The food was wonderful and the service was helpful and friendly.Special Features:
- Fun even on a weekdayactionDined on 3/18/2014Small plates are great to share with friends. I was in for something light but filling..lots of options. The drinks are pretty good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!CBeanVIPDined on 2/28/2014Amazing is all I can say! This is my new favorite restaurant in Seattle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy in amazonlandluv2eatoutDined on 2/28/2014The scene was vibrant, with lots of young 30somethings. The menu was eclectic. We started with yummy fries and went onto 2 entrees Steak Tartare en Croate, and Pementon Glazed Pork Cheeks, both were delicious. It was a great way to end a long work week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Went with four girlfriends to celebrate a birthday and everything was great! From the cocktails and food to the service and ambience - they did it all right. We all sampled each other's dishes (pork cheeks, bacon wrapped rabbit loin, chesnut tagliatelle with confit rabbit, and quinoa with fried tofu) and all were delicious. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Re:tastyHungryGuyDined on 2/14/2014Every mouthful a memorable delight. Service charming and attentive. Not a place for quiet conversation though. Quite loud. I has to lean to hear my dinner partner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!nordmyraDined on 2/2/2014We stopped in on Superbowl Sunday for brunch. For all the excitement in the air, this place was surprisingly calm which is exactly what we were looking for. My two friends both got the french toast and I had the eggs Benedict, and it was probably one of the best I've had in the city! The poached eggs were perfect, the hollandaise was wonderful (although a bit more than I like. My own fault for not ordering it on the side), and the home fries were yummy! The servers were attentive but not overbearing (which could've been very easy to do given that it was fairly early and the bar was nearly empty). Overall, we were really pleased with finding this place and will definitely be back soon!Special Features:
- Great place!RobbertVIPDined on 2/1/2014re:public is a gem in South Lake Union. It's perfect for dinner, drinks, or late-night. The staff is AMAZING and wonderfully knowledgable and accommodating. Can you tell I am a regular?!?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We decided to casually meetMarcyDined on 1/30/2014We decided to casually meet a few business contacts here the evening prior to a meeting, this was the wrong spot for that. The menu is VERY limited and lacks vegetarian options or options for a plain eater. It was very dark inside, even though our reservation was at 6:30. The bar area was packed from the minute we got there until we left- this place seems to be more geared toward bar/drinks instead of a good dinner experience.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/7/2014Re:Public has a well-designed seasonally specific menu with excellent food, all very well prepared. It's a great lunch spot in SLU and fun for dinner, if a bit noisy from the active bar area at that time of night. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome server, horrible hostessDeanVIPDined on 1/4/2014When we walked in the door, the hostess looked up at us, did not smile and just stared at us for a moment before she said "hi" in a very flat, unwelcoming way. I said hi back and she just looked at me. I then asked HER how she was doing and told her we had a reservation. I'd reconsider her as the first person one experiences when arriving. Our server, Ashley, was awesome! She was friendly, helpful, attentive and had a good sense of humor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SLOW Service, Poor FoodAngelDined on 12/31/2013I went to Re:public in a group of 6 on NYE. I get that this is a busy time for restaurants, but the service was awful. The rplace was pretty full, but not slammed. When someone ordered a drink, it had to be requested 2-3 times before it came. Many times they still brought the incorrect drink. If fact, every time we asked for something, she would repeat our request (presumably to verify) yet she would have the request ctotally wrong - we'd ask for a set of silverware & she'd say, 'another beer?'. Our meals, however, took well over an hour to arrive. As we waited, our server rarely visited our table and never once apologized for the ridiculous wait. 4 of us ordered the scallops, which when they finally came HAD SAND IN THEM. We wont be back.
- Thanks to the wait staff andshammmerDined on 12/13/2013Thanks to the wait staff and chef for creating a dairy-free meal from one of your entrees. It was delicious! Cocktail was below par. Hence the 3-star rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food, laid backSeattleDinerDined on 12/11/2013Fantastic food, laid back atmosphere, excellent service, an absolute favorite place for lunch with friends, colleagues, or VP's in from out of town.Special Features:
- Consistent SatisfactionByronDined on 12/9/2013Re:public is consistently reliable, friendly, and delicious food in a fun, comfortable, and simple ambiance. And, it's in a great South Lake Union location. For lunch, drinks, or dinner, you will enjoy. I've been about six times and never a problem and the staff is attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with a friendMecheDined on 11/20/2013Super easy to make reso, parking was a problem until I called letting them know why were running late & Rory solved our problem then we dined....boy did we dine...Ashley was terrific, there when you needed her & left us alone to enjoy the food, atmosphere & girl talk. My guest loved her olives in her goose nice job on the garnish...way to cover the bases. South Lake Union is lucky to have Republic, a real gem...thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Establishment for LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/18/2013This was a great place for our small group (4 people) - quick, attentive service and concise lunchtime menu with enough options for vegetarians. Relaxing ambiance and the music wasn't too loud. The food was brought out in a timely/coordinated manner so we all got to start eating at the same time. Drinks refilled regularly. Reservations were handled professionally. Highly recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findsgc100VIPDined on 11/17/2013While on business trip I dropped by per a colleague's recommendation. So glad I did. Nice atmosphere. Friendly staff. Nice, neighborhoody atmosphere. I wasn't rushed and the food and wine were great. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food!BradVIPDined on 11/16/2013We had the lamb T-bone and the short ribs. Both were outstanding! The service and the food will bring us back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- well done!jfh4Dined on 11/15/2013Great for lunch. Great service and good for groups. Even with the amazon rush, it felt relaxed and service was excellent and timely. Menu has good variety and food was great. Thanks!Special Features: