Republic of Texas Bar & Grill
900 N Shoreline Blvd
Corpus Christi, TX 78401Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Republic of Texas Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.omnihotels.com/republic
- Phone: 3618863515x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Saturday 5:30pm-10:30pm, Sunday 5:30pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Daniel Rosa
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Can accommodate private dinners, retirement parties, rehearsal dinners, wedding receptions, and business dinners and graduations.
- Private Party Contact: Etta Butts 3618863515x
- Entertainment: Piano bar featuring the sounds of Pianist David Crawford every Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
A word from Republic of Texas Bar & Grill
The AAA Four-Diamond Republic of Texas Bar & Grill is one of Corpus Christi's top dining destinations. Located on the 20th floor of the Bayfront Tower, this multi-level restaurant offers diners beautiful panoramic views of the Corpus Christi bay. Featuring USDA prime beef cuts, a wide variety of wild game and seafood selections. Recently acquired the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for having one of the most outstanding restaurant wine lists in the world. Stop by and experience our Piano Lounge featuring the sounds of David Crawford, from Wed-thru Sat beginning at 7PM. The lounge is open daily at 5PM.. Voted "Best of the Best" by local Corpus Christi Caller Times newspaper readers for Fine Dining in 2002 - 2004.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Republic of Texas Bar & Grill - Best Restaurants in Corpus Christi ›
Republic of Texas Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (69)special occasion (57)romantic (52)notable wine list (23)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (15)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (7)hot spot (7)great for lunch (5)neighborhood gem (5)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Ambiance and View can't be beatadamcczDined on 8/31/2014The top floor of the omni hotel is the Republic of Texas. The ambiance and view can not be beat. This restaurant impresses and can't really be beat in Corpus in my visitor opinion. Our appetizer tasted great but was luke warm. Our mashed potatoes tasted great but were luke warm. My wife and I like our food hot especially if we are paying a lot for it. All of the other food was great. Would definitely recommend but keep an eye on food temperature and send back if needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Everything was great!! Started with the sweet & hot quail legs for an appetizer and the the Chateaubriand for 2. Finished with the chocolate mousse with blackberries. Outstanding dining experience!!Special Features:
- Great serviceLuvsfoodDined on 8/29/2014Our server, Cruz, was top notch. Perfectly professional, yet personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappointing3BBBDined on 8/21/2014What can be added to the reputation of Corpus Christi's premier fine dining venue? It is an "experience" in and of itself with breathtaking vistas of Corpus Christi 's marina and bay. Not to be missed if you're visiting our bend along the Gulf of Mexico. With a chef's take on fresh seafood, beef and game, the menu is both comforting and interesting...and there's always a delightful selection on the dessert end!Special Features:
- Lovely experienceTeeveeteeDined on 8/15/2014The Republic of Texas is a great restaurant on the 20th floor of the Omni that has really great views of the water. The ambience of the restaurant is really nice and relaxed. We were able to get 6pm reservations that morning and I'm glad we did because reservations are highly recommended there. We had the carnitas as an appetizer and they were surprisingly different from what we expected. Our entrees were delicious; beef filet medallions and the ahi tuna. As a side, we shared the green chile macaroni which was really awesome! We were too full to enjoy a dessert but maybe that means going back another time. Our server, Chris, was great. She made us feel comfortable and at ease. It was a really lovely dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thanksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014thanks for the pleasant dining we had for our 25th anniversary, you were referred by a friend of mine, we really enjoyed the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, but great viewwillcamDined on 8/12/2014If you are looking for a nice anniversary, birthday type place...this is it. Excellent view of the Corpus Christi Bay, good food, and nice atmosphere. The price is high - no other way to put it, and the service is good, but slow. Don't be in a hurry!Special Features:
- So good I couldn't stay awayScottVIPDined on 8/5/2014Having just eaten at Republic of Texas upon my arrival Sunday I decided to treat myself again Tuesday prior to my departure. Fantastic food, fantastic service. Great views and a wonderful place for a special dinner. Bone in ribeye is superb and richly marbled. Caesar salad delicious and the mushrooms are very nicely seasoned and perfectly cooked.. Add Republic of Texas to your list if you are anywhere near Corpus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5* Food with a ViewScottVIPDined on 8/3/2014I enjoyed a wonderful dining experience at Republic of Texas. The view of the Gulf from the 20th floor is incredible and there are no bad seats. The service was excellent and the food superb. The bone-in ribeye cooked and seasoned to perfection and the asparagus perfectly steamed with tasty hollandaise. Enjoyed a nice bottle of malbec and they have some very good moderately priced bottles. The GM, Luis is very warm and engaging and I look forward to many more returns.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always FantasticCarlosArnoldoDined on 8/2/2014Republic of Texas Bar & Grill never disappoints. Whether you go just for drinks, or a full meal it is excellent. The ambiance is relaxing (with a piano player in the background) and from the moment you enter until you leave you feel like you are the most important people in the restaurant. The service, food and the cocktails are always outstanding. Can't wait to return again.Special Features:
- Good evening dinnerthecyclingadminDined on 8/1/2014Had a bone in New York strip cooked just the way I asked, wife had a double cut pork chop that was fit for a party of 3, the sides of Au gratin potatoes were amazing but the rice pilaf was no different than any other we've had. The waiter was responsive and the "assistant" to the waiter was as well. However if you're wondering why the 4/5 on service -- I wish the waiter would have kept my water filled a little more frequently since I like to stay hydrated.Special Features:
- OutstandingCharlieDined on 7/31/2014Simply put, outstanding food and service. Hostess (Chelsea) and our waiter (David) we're beyond reproach! Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Seriously OverratedUnimpressedDined on 7/28/2014Knowing this is a restaurant in Corpus, I didn't have high expectations. Still... The service overall was decent. The problem was the food. I think the chef did the best s/he could do with the ingredients that were far from first-rate. For a restaurant of this caliber and reputation, frozen steak and rack of lamb are simply unforgivable. Garnishes/side dishes (which are charged separately--ridiculous! Sorry, Republic of Texas, but you're just not good enough to pull this kind of arrogance) tasted better than the meat, which should be the star of what is supposed to be the best steakhouse in the city. If the new york strip cost $16 instead of $39, I'd say it's a fairly decently seasoned and cooked dish. The rack of lamb was horrible.Special Features:
- Amazing views and ambience !DevereauxDined on 7/26/2014This restaurant is above par in every arena. I received a personal phone call to confirm my reservation; the staff provided exceptional service; the food was outstanding; the cocktails were made to our specifications; the 180 degree views of the bay were beautiful; the pianist played wonderfully in the background, and a conversation could easily be heard without yelling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pefect place to celebrateCarnivorDined on 7/26/2014I took my family there to celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary. We were awestruck by the Texas rustic, yet elegant, ambience and with a 180 degree view of the bay. We all ordered steaks, including my 10 year old from the child's menu, and we were not disappointed. I had the bone in New York strip and it was the best I have ever had. The side dishes are served "family style" and there was plenty to share. The mashed potatoes were awesome and without the gravy. The asparagus was very tasty that our 10 year old tried it for the first time and liked it. It was great to find an upscale restaurant that caters to families as well. If you are looking to spend the night with your date only, this will buy you huge points on the "to impress scale".Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Our waitress Angela was fantastic. The food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greeatness!!LovinJanaDined on 7/19/2014Saturday was our 18 year Anniversary. The Table had a fantastic view. The Dinner was one of the best I can remember. I had the rib eye, and it was cooked to perfection!!! The staff did a great job. I would recommend the restaurant to any one. It was a little expensive , but well worth it. My wife and I will be back, Thank you for making our night so special.... CheersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarkWVIPDined on 7/8/2014Great place to dine for any occasion. Good selection of appetizers and entrees. They make very good cosmopolitans, too.Special Features:
- Excellent mealSylfromTexasDined on 7/6/2014Food was excellent. New York strip was perfectly cooked, the stuffed black drum was tasteful. Carnitas were very good. WitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great view of coastDAVEDined on 7/5/2014Restaurant was accomodating with request of window view seat. Very attentive to all the details of what a restaurant should beSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great2wineNdineDined on 7/5/2014I really enjoyed the dinner and atmosphere. You have good chefs and preparation and presentation of the food was very good. The steak and salmon including the sides were so enjoyable. The steak portion was generous and enjoyed again as a leftover meal, Thanks to the friendly hostess and wait staff. It all made for a wonderful total dinning experience.Special Features:
- 4th of JulyTexasFranDined on 7/4/2014Our favorite restaurant outdid itself on the 4th. The venue overlooks Corpus Christi Harbor and the City and HEB host an absolutely wonderful light and fireworks display from the bridge and USS Lexington. We made our reservations on 8/3/13 for 7/4/14 and we were welcomed with the table we requested and the usual wonderful food and service. The whole restaurant stopped and watched the show and cheered at the end. What a wonderful night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FuzzyDined on 7/2/2014Really enjoyed the meal we had. The service was fantastic and the view spectacular.Special Features:
- FantasticCCCGfamilyDined on 7/1/2014We had a party of 6, took about 2 hours for dinner and the food was wonderful! It was great to not be rushed through the courses and we really enjoyed the views.Special Features:
- quiet eveningsammyDined on 6/30/2014loved the evening, perfect for couple or small party. much too windy to eat out on the patio but the view was great, and wonderful for pictures.Special Features:
- Republic of Tx.Bar and GrilltakingiteasyDined on 6/27/2014We arrived 30 minutes prior to our reservation and noted that there were not many patrons at the establishment at that time. Once seated, our waiter advised us after approximately 20 minutes into her service that the "kitchen was a bit backed up". It turned out that it took nearly 40 minutes to serve us our meal after we ordered. Food was excellent and worth the wait. Highly recumbent the shrimp. I looked at my watch and noticed nearly two hours had passed since we arrived. I said to my wife that this reminds me of a "European type of meal", all that was missing were the relatives and their lively discussions of politics, current events, and future plans. We both felt the service was a bit "robotic" at the bar and at the table.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014We arrived early for our dinner appointment and we were seated early, so very accomadating, and very nice staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ViewsunshineDined on 6/22/2014The view was amazing especially when the sun set. We got roasted mushrooms and I couldn't stop eating them. If you go they are a must.Special Features:
- Sunday dinnerMarcosGolfistaDined on 6/22/2014Nice view, very nice setting. Good place for upscale dining. The only nice restaurant open in CC on Sundays. The food was good and the service was professional. I found the wine list to be disappointing..moderate quality at an excessive markup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Save the only upscale restaurantSteakloverDined on 6/21/2014Corpus Christi does not have very many upscale restaurants, so I ask that it remain upscale and not let it turn into a sports bar. On our last visit there was a lot of cheering at the bar over a sports game on the TV. Let's leave all the cheering at the sports bar not at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was OkCareVIPDined on 6/20/2014What you pay for here is the view, food is basic and was under seasoned.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/17/2014Poor service. Entree over cooked the under cooked and then over cooked. Sides arrived room temp. Long wait time to order and receive courses. Mgr offered free drink and desert, but anniversary dinner ruined. SPENT $250 FOR A DENBY ' TYPO OF DINNER.Special Features:
- Truth be toldSabreToothDined on 6/16/2014Asked to be seated at a window on my online reservation. No mention of it was made when they called to confirm or at the restaurant. Food was good but not worth the price. Service was very slow. Our server disappeared numerous times and wasn't to be seen for 20+ minutes at a time. It was also quite convenient that they didn't have a table available for our 7:00 pm reservation and invited us to have a drink at the bar where we ordered 2 mojitos. Those two drinks ran me $25 (for simple syrup, lime juice, rum, and a few mint leaves)! I would have expected better service and food from a restaurant that claims it's the best in South Texas.Special Features:
- Great food, service, and viewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014This is a great place for a a delicious meal with exceptional service and a beautiful view.Special Features:
- MichaelMichaelPDined on 6/6/2014Great seafood, delicious steak. Price reasonable for the high quality of food. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New FavoriteMrsGalvanDined on 5/30/2014We were visiting from out of town and knew that we wanted to celebrate with a nice, expensive dinner that also had a romantic atmosphere. This was the perfect place. The food was worth every single penny, the service was spectacular and the ambience was just wonderful. It will be a place that we continue to visit when we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real treatWinegeek03VIPDined on 5/30/2014Superior salads and appetizers with a rare main course treat of Axis venison prepared perfectly. The Oysters Republic may be the best broiled oysters I have ever had. Johnny is a superb waiter.Special Features:
- Best SteakJRodriguezDined on 5/28/2014This was my first time there and the experience was great! Best steak I have had in years, cooked to perfection with outstanding taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just superbGr8FoodDined on 5/28/2014The food was excellent and the service was first rate. The view just added to the evening. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tastes great, but not in a hurryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/26/2014I had the 16 ounce steak, my wife had the chicken.....Wow they were great!!!! We were in the restaurant for 1.5 hours on our anniversary so we weren't in a hurry, but it took a while. Fortunately we had plenty of things to talk about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.