Republic of Texas Bar & Grill
900 N Shoreline Blvd
Corpus Christi, TX 78401Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Republic of Texas Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.omnihotels.com/republic
- Phone: 3618863515x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Saturday 5:30pm-10:30pm, Sunday 5:30pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Daniel Rosa
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Can accommodate private dinners, retirement parties, rehearsal dinners, wedding receptions, and business dinners and graduations.
- Private Party Contact: Etta Butts 3618863515x
- Entertainment: Piano bar featuring the sounds of Pianist David Crawford every Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
A word from Republic of Texas Bar & Grill
The AAA Four-Diamond Republic of Texas Bar & Grill is one of Corpus Christi's top dining destinations. Located on the 20th floor of the Bayfront Tower, this multi-level restaurant offers diners beautiful panoramic views of the Corpus Christi bay. Featuring USDA prime beef cuts, a wide variety of wild game and seafood selections. Recently acquired the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for having one of the most outstanding restaurant wine lists in the world. Stop by and experience our lounge, it is open daily at 5 PM.. Voted "Best of the Best" by local Corpus Christi Caller Times newspaper readers for Fine Dining in 2002 - 2004.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Republic of Texas Bar & Grill - Best Restaurants in Corpus Christi ›
Republic of Texas Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (64)special occasion (59)romantic (50)notable wine list (24)fit for foodies (21)good for groups (14)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (9)late-night find (7)neighborhood gem (5)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- MultifacetedStewDined on 10/21/2014The ambiance is “transition Private note: Popped in to check my reservation. Met Mr Rodriguez just to cross the T's and dot the I's. He handled it all like a pro. I would encourage Tillman Fritetta to steal him and bring him too Houston, but I need for him ti stay here so when I am in Corpus, I know all is well. Wess was server first night and was exceptional.al”. Weather with the love or your life, or a power meeting meal, this place says you know your way around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with a viewpaesanoDined on 10/18/2014A most enjoyable dining experience. Attentive service, wonderful food, impressive wine list, all topped off with a fantastic view. One thing to note, the salads and side dishes are definitely large enough for two, or even three.Special Features:
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014This is a wonderful restaurant. The service was awesome. The food is amazing. One of our appetizers was a little less than we expected but the overall experience made up for it.Special Features:
- Basic steak,seafood very expensivepickyDined on 10/9/2014Sure, the ribeye is prime although filet mignon is not, but $140 for two persons and i got 12 oz ribeye, she got shrimp and lobster over grits, she had frozen drink, i had coke, we split one side of potatoes au gratin which i did not enjoy. I have had the same ribeye and better sides for much less elsewhere.
- Great experienceTheGManDined on 10/2/2014Excellent food & service & scenic view. It is a great place to treat your office staff for special occasions.Special Features:
- luv2eatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014I loved the ambiance feel of this place –romantic and had a scenic view. The Shrimp Bisque soup and prime rib steak were amazing and filling. Service was well-timed, friendly, and professional...Special Features:
- Good food, poor serviceScooter60Dined on 9/27/2014My date and I enjoyed the food and the ambiance. We asked for a table with a view, but since it was 9 p.m. the only "view" we had was of the dark bay and the patio (or whatever it's called) right outside our window. People went there to smoke. It would have been better to have a view of downtown or even the refineries at that time of night. There were plenty of available tables. My biggest complaint had to do with the service. Our waitress disappeared for long stretches to the point of irritation. Where did she go? What was she doing other than neglecting us? Did she have tables at the far reaches of the restaurant? We had to wait much longer than we wanted to order and much longer than we wanted to get our check. It was very irritating.Special Features:
- Good, but not cheaprepoftexasDined on 9/27/2014Food was very good, view is amazing. Nice bar area. Took my ol' lady there for a special date night. We each had two cocktails during the meal, each had a side salad. Salads were both fine, nothing special. We ordered crab fondu for an appetizer, tasty but filling (a little too much food for 2 people) and the bread was a little bit on the greasy side. I had an 8oz filet medium rare. Very flavorful, but maybe just ever so slightly under-cooked. She ended up ordering soup which was good. Check was just under $130. A little pricey for regular dining, but I'll definitely go back for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect dining experienceMadSammyboyDined on 9/27/2014Everything about Republic of Texas is first-rate. Simply put, you will absolutely get your money's worth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT QUITE THEREBigDDined on 9/24/2014It's a nice restaurant, but the service and food are not up to par for the prices. If you want to charge that much, the food should be excellent. I ordered medium and got medium rare. My spouse ordered medium well and got medium. Normally I would send the food back, but it was late and I was hungry. The service was average. If I could take wait staff to a high end restaurant and let them see how it's done, I would. It's not there fault. It's a training issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, slow serviceBevo62Dined on 9/24/2014The food was delicious but the service was surprisingly below average. Normally I wouldn't call that poor service, but at that type of restaurant and with those prices I was expecting more. It was pretty much the bare minimum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningLegoRoseDined on 9/19/2014Waiters are trained. Food is good. Ambiance is great. View is terrific. Bottom line = Worth coming backSpecial Features:
- MichaelPMichaelPDined on 9/12/2014Angela was such a great server: very polite, professional, funny. Food outstanding: taste, temperature, presentation. Great wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewJRayDined on 9/1/2014The food was great. The view was even better. Highly recommend the cream brûlée. The service was not up to par. We had to wave our server down a few times and the restaurant was almost empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance and View can't be beatadamcczDined on 8/31/2014The top floor of the omni hotel is the Republic of Texas. The ambiance and view can not be beat. This restaurant impresses and can't really be beat in Corpus in my visitor opinion. Our appetizer tasted great but was luke warm. Our mashed potatoes tasted great but were luke warm. My wife and I like our food hot especially if we are paying a lot for it. All of the other food was great. Would definitely recommend but keep an eye on food temperature and send back if needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience!!liv2eatDined on 8/31/2014Everything was great!! Started with the sweet & hot quail legs for an appetizer and the the Chateaubriand for 2. Finished with the chocolate mousse with blackberries. Outstanding dining experience!!Special Features:
- Great serviceLuvsfoodDined on 8/29/2014Our server, Cruz, was top notch. Perfectly professional, yet personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappointing3BBBDined on 8/21/2014What can be added to the reputation of Corpus Christi's premier fine dining venue? It is an "experience" in and of itself with breathtaking vistas of Corpus Christi 's marina and bay. Not to be missed if you're visiting our bend along the Gulf of Mexico. With a chef's take on fresh seafood, beef and game, the menu is both comforting and interesting...and there's always a delightful selection on the dessert end!Special Features:
- Lovely experienceTeeveeteeDined on 8/15/2014The Republic of Texas is a great restaurant on the 20th floor of the Omni that has really great views of the water. The ambience of the restaurant is really nice and relaxed. We were able to get 6pm reservations that morning and I'm glad we did because reservations are highly recommended there. We had the carnitas as an appetizer and they were surprisingly different from what we expected. Our entrees were delicious; beef filet medallions and the ahi tuna. As a side, we shared the green chile macaroni which was really awesome! We were too full to enjoy a dessert but maybe that means going back another time. Our server, Chris, was great. She made us feel comfortable and at ease. It was a really lovely dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thanksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014thanks for the pleasant dining we had for our 25th anniversary, you were referred by a friend of mine, we really enjoyed the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, but great viewwillcamDined on 8/12/2014If you are looking for a nice anniversary, birthday type place...this is it. Excellent view of the Corpus Christi Bay, good food, and nice atmosphere. The price is high - no other way to put it, and the service is good, but slow. Don't be in a hurry!Special Features:
- So good I couldn't stay awayScottVIPDined on 8/5/2014Having just eaten at Republic of Texas upon my arrival Sunday I decided to treat myself again Tuesday prior to my departure. Fantastic food, fantastic service. Great views and a wonderful place for a special dinner. Bone in ribeye is superb and richly marbled. Caesar salad delicious and the mushrooms are very nicely seasoned and perfectly cooked.. Add Republic of Texas to your list if you are anywhere near Corpus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5* Food with a ViewScottVIPDined on 8/3/2014I enjoyed a wonderful dining experience at Republic of Texas. The view of the Gulf from the 20th floor is incredible and there are no bad seats. The service was excellent and the food superb. The bone-in ribeye cooked and seasoned to perfection and the asparagus perfectly steamed with tasty hollandaise. Enjoyed a nice bottle of malbec and they have some very good moderately priced bottles. The GM, Luis is very warm and engaging and I look forward to many more returns.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always FantasticCarlosArnoldoDined on 8/2/2014Republic of Texas Bar & Grill never disappoints. Whether you go just for drinks, or a full meal it is excellent. The ambiance is relaxing (with a piano player in the background) and from the moment you enter until you leave you feel like you are the most important people in the restaurant. The service, food and the cocktails are always outstanding. Can't wait to return again.Special Features:
- Good evening dinnerthecyclingadminDined on 8/1/2014Had a bone in New York strip cooked just the way I asked, wife had a double cut pork chop that was fit for a party of 3, the sides of Au gratin potatoes were amazing but the rice pilaf was no different than any other we've had. The waiter was responsive and the "assistant" to the waiter was as well. However if you're wondering why the 4/5 on service -- I wish the waiter would have kept my water filled a little more frequently since I like to stay hydrated.Special Features:
- OutstandingCharlieDined on 7/31/2014Simply put, outstanding food and service. Hostess (Chelsea) and our waiter (David) we're beyond reproach! Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Seriously OverratedUnimpressedDined on 7/28/2014Knowing this is a restaurant in Corpus, I didn't have high expectations. Still... The service overall was decent. The problem was the food. I think the chef did the best s/he could do with the ingredients that were far from first-rate. For a restaurant of this caliber and reputation, frozen steak and rack of lamb are simply unforgivable. Garnishes/side dishes (which are charged separately--ridiculous! Sorry, Republic of Texas, but you're just not good enough to pull this kind of arrogance) tasted better than the meat, which should be the star of what is supposed to be the best steakhouse in the city. If the new york strip cost $16 instead of $39, I'd say it's a fairly decently seasoned and cooked dish. The rack of lamb was horrible.Special Features:
- Amazing views and ambience !DevereauxDined on 7/26/2014This restaurant is above par in every arena. I received a personal phone call to confirm my reservation; the staff provided exceptional service; the food was outstanding; the cocktails were made to our specifications; the 180 degree views of the bay were beautiful; the pianist played wonderfully in the background, and a conversation could easily be heard without yelling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pefect place to celebrateCarnivorDined on 7/26/2014I took my family there to celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary. We were awestruck by the Texas rustic, yet elegant, ambience and with a 180 degree view of the bay. We all ordered steaks, including my 10 year old from the child's menu, and we were not disappointed. I had the bone in New York strip and it was the best I have ever had. The side dishes are served "family style" and there was plenty to share. The mashed potatoes were awesome and without the gravy. The asparagus was very tasty that our 10 year old tried it for the first time and liked it. It was great to find an upscale restaurant that caters to families as well. If you are looking to spend the night with your date only, this will buy you huge points on the "to impress scale".Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Our waitress Angela was fantastic. The food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greeatness!!LovinJanaDined on 7/19/2014Saturday was our 18 year Anniversary. The Table had a fantastic view. The Dinner was one of the best I can remember. I had the rib eye, and it was cooked to perfection!!! The staff did a great job. I would recommend the restaurant to any one. It was a little expensive , but well worth it. My wife and I will be back, Thank you for making our night so special.... CheersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarkWVIPDined on 7/8/2014Great place to dine for any occasion. Good selection of appetizers and entrees. They make very good cosmopolitans, too.Special Features:
- Excellent mealSylfromTexasDined on 7/6/2014Food was excellent. New York strip was perfectly cooked, the stuffed black drum was tasteful. Carnitas were very good. WitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great view of coastDAVEDined on 7/5/2014Restaurant was accomodating with request of window view seat. Very attentive to all the details of what a restaurant should beSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great2wineNdineDined on 7/5/2014I really enjoyed the dinner and atmosphere. You have good chefs and preparation and presentation of the food was very good. The steak and salmon including the sides were so enjoyable. The steak portion was generous and enjoyed again as a leftover meal, Thanks to the friendly hostess and wait staff. It all made for a wonderful total dinning experience.Special Features:
- 4th of JulyTexasFranDined on 7/4/2014Our favorite restaurant outdid itself on the 4th. The venue overlooks Corpus Christi Harbor and the City and HEB host an absolutely wonderful light and fireworks display from the bridge and USS Lexington. We made our reservations on 8/3/13 for 7/4/14 and we were welcomed with the table we requested and the usual wonderful food and service. The whole restaurant stopped and watched the show and cheered at the end. What a wonderful night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FuzzyDined on 7/2/2014Really enjoyed the meal we had. The service was fantastic and the view spectacular.Special Features:
- FantasticCCCGfamilyDined on 7/1/2014We had a party of 6, took about 2 hours for dinner and the food was wonderful! It was great to not be rushed through the courses and we really enjoyed the views.Special Features:
- quiet eveningsammyDined on 6/30/2014loved the evening, perfect for couple or small party. much too windy to eat out on the patio but the view was great, and wonderful for pictures.Special Features:
- Republic of Tx.Bar and GrilltakingiteasyDined on 6/27/2014We arrived 30 minutes prior to our reservation and noted that there were not many patrons at the establishment at that time. Once seated, our waiter advised us after approximately 20 minutes into her service that the "kitchen was a bit backed up". It turned out that it took nearly 40 minutes to serve us our meal after we ordered. Food was excellent and worth the wait. Highly recumbent the shrimp. I looked at my watch and noticed nearly two hours had passed since we arrived. I said to my wife that this reminds me of a "European type of meal", all that was missing were the relatives and their lively discussions of politics, current events, and future plans. We both felt the service was a bit "robotic" at the bar and at the table.Special Features:
- The following 675 reviews are from the Republic of Texas Bar & Grill reviews archive.