39 Jerome Ave.
Bloomfield, CT 06001Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://republicct.com/
- Phone: 8602165852
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday –Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm Sunday: 4 – 9:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burgers, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Sreven Wolf
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate private parties of up to 40 people with limited dining menus.
- Private Party Contact: Jared Cohen 8602165852
A word from Republic
Come visit us and enjoy our brand new Gastro Pub concept where we have incorporated handcrafted beers, boutique wines, small batch bourbons and artistic culinary creations into a high end pub atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGastro Pub
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Republic - Best Restaurants in Bloomfield ›
Republic reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (61)fit for foodies (52)vibrant bar scene (45)good for groups (39)hot spot (29)great for lunch (29)great for outdoor dining (29)special occasion (22)late-night find (20)notable wine list (14)romantic (7)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Solid lunch get togetherUSDickinsonVIPDined on 8/22/2014Sat near the bar -- food was excellent, burgers/sandwiches all around, although the tables are a challenge for four with the size of the planks the food comes on! Service/Bar staff working very hard to keep everyone served!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't measure up to previous timesCtDinerVIPDined on 8/21/2014While we have enjoyed visiting Republic in the past, our last visit has us wondering if we will return. Before I start, I will point out that our server was great! Our issues were beyond what she could have any control over.... The ambience was ....deafening. Our party of two was seated in a room with two parties of eight, both of which were having energetic conversations. It was almost impossible to hear each other, and the acoustics of the room were terrible. The food runner appeared with dinner before appetizer plates were cleared, and didn't know what to do. A salmon burger ordered without a bun appeared twice before being correct, at which point it was dried out. By then, we had had enough and were done....
- NancDined on 8/16/2014Food was all right, nothing special; service was the same. Server never brought the second beer that was ordered.Special Features:
- Great menu varietyFridayDateNightDined on 8/15/2014The menu choices are different....excellent variety. We had a great time with the mole nachos, better than expected....service excellent and attentive, food hot and tasty.Special Features:
- great promise....so so executionpaulb443Dined on 8/15/2014Great and exciting menu.....excellent drinks. However the food execution was so so. The flavors did not always blend well ...some of the dishes need fine tuning of the amount of spicesSpecial Features:
- Will be back soon!luvgoodfoodDined on 8/14/2014First visit and definitely not the last! Attentive waitress provided excellent service. Menu varied and food was tasty and well presented. Excellent place for foodies. Wine and beer list notable. Atmosphere perfect for our group of 5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentmilaDined on 8/12/2014Great food and service. I was impressed with the taste, quality and presentation of my meal.Special Features:
- Great!danlDined on 8/10/2014This was our second time here. Solid beer selections, delicious cocktails. My cuban sandwich was a real cuban, and the fiery slaw was great. Some of the best calamari ever. My wife's salmon also was ranked highly. My only change would be to select a quieter seating area....the loft directly over the bar was noisy, but there are other seating options to solve that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite burger barkjrmtbDined on 8/10/2014I came here with my family over the weekend, and we will be back very soon. We usually go to Max Burger, but the Republic is the new favorite. The menu is well thought out, interesting, and has something for everyone. I had the salmon burger and it was better than any I've had at a restaurant previously. Not fishy at all, perfectly cooked and very tasty. It came with a simple, but delicious side salad. I also highly recommend the curry leak and potato soup. Everyone else loved their meals as much as I did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tripped over it...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014We wouldn't have found this place if it wasn't right next to a Wells Fargo bank. We love gastro-pubs, and this is heavy on the gastro. The food was inventive and tasted great. Loved the tuna tartare--tuna sashimi on a tortilla with jalepenos--sounds weird, but really great. Everything we ordered was exceptional. The baked Alaska was insane--you need to try it if they have it.Special Features:
- First Time, Can't wait to go back!khullertonDined on 8/8/2014When my favorite burger place closed down, I went to Yelp to help me find a new place. With all the positive reviews I chose Republic for my 30th Birthday celebration. They were able to accommodate our group of 9 easily and even put us in a quieter section per my request for my Dad's hearing problems. We shared around the table so I can tell you: their burgers, excellent; their truffle parmesan popcorn, the best; their BLTA, wonderful; their mac'n'cheese with pulled pork, very good and I'd get again but I've had better; their gnocchi, amazing. I would highly recommend giving them a try. So far, I haven't had anything on the menu that I wouldn't get again.Special Features:
- good beer list and food menuOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014you will like their beer selection and the menu is superSpecial Features:
- Republic Delivers Again!SteveDined on 7/31/2014Consistently good food and great service! This is a great place to go. The only drawback can be the noise level near the bar or upstairs, so if this is a concern, ask for the front porch or side room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/27/2014Very pleasant late Sunday meal. Very nice waitress who provided excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Republic is consistently excellenteosccVIPDined on 7/27/2014Our party of four thoroughly enjoyed our meals. The onion soup special (without truffle oil) was among the best I have ever had. The sandwiches and Peruvian chicken were done to perfection. Our server, Rachel was very helpful (we needed to alter some of our meals due to certain ingredients we do not or cannot eat, i.e. hot peppers, etc.) Not much else to say. Republic always delivers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal at RepublicfrequentdinerVIPDined on 7/26/2014We always enjoy coming to Republic for both the food and service. We had been out of town for a while and hadn't visited Republic for a while. It was my husband's birthday and we decided to celebrate here with a group of 7 of us. The service was outstanding from ordering drinks throughout the entire meal. Every single person enjoyed their meal. The food is prepared in a creative way and the presentation is outstanding...from the deviled eggs served in a nest-like basket to the hamburgers served on a wooden board with your own individual ketchup bottle. Love the time and effort the management and kitchen take with each dish. Most importantly, the quality of the ingredients shine through. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Second visit as good as the first!FirsttimerVIPDined on 7/24/2014Fantastic second visit. Our waitress Maya was fabulous. Ask for her table when you go... we will! Food was fantastic again! Love the Peruvian chicken. Best unique think on their menu is the Desserts Under Glass... Plenty to share! Lots of small delicious treats. Please never take this off the menu! We brought another couple with us, and everyone had a fabulous time! Can't wait for visit #3!Special Features:
- eatprayloveDined on 7/15/2014The chicken salad is outstanding as is the salmon sandwich with kimchee. Burgers and buns are way above average. Crab cakes are a reliable choice. Love that you have deviled eggs on the starters menu for sharing. Very noisy so if that's a bother to diners, be advised.Special Features:
- NancyGDined on 7/12/2014we had a great table outside and friendly waitress. Caesar salad and buffalo chicken pizza were both excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014Menu with a lot of great options. The food is always excellent at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Walter was a great waiter-food was very good esp. Small plates. AC was too cold and noise level upstairs was way to loud- need some noise absorption.
- Good food and beer listCayman408Dined on 7/10/2014Third visit, continues to be great, will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good draft beer listJudyBlue76Dined on 7/9/2014My only gripe would be the prices (a little high and higher than the figures listed on the menu on their website). Can't beat happy hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great potentialOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2014I took my wife to Republic for her birthday after a high recommendation from a good friend. The building and layout are fantastic. It has the feel of a Boston-style tavern. The menu and alcohol lists are very impressive for a hidden CT restaurant. We had a calamari appetizer that was presented beautifully in a Chinese takeout container. Very creative and tasty. Our entrees were less impressive. My wife's Fish and Chips was too salty to be completed- the need for water was extreme. My Steak Au Poivre, requested medium rare, was a piece of dried shoe leather. The flavor had potential, but the cut of meat and overcooking was unfortunate. Our server was far below average. She was rarely seen and missed drink opportunities.Special Features:
- JuliedibleJuliEdibleDined on 7/3/2014Decided to try Republic again. Had been after its opening & wasn't impressed, but read review in Htfd mag & decided to give it another try. Service was mediocre. Our waitress was scarcely seen & didn't know if there were specials when asked. Food & atmosphere was good. I had pear & gorgonzola flatbread & butter lettuce salad. Pizza was delicious - very flavorful. Took half home. Salad was large & very fresh. Husband had cuban sandwich w/side of spicy coleslaw. He said sandwich was good. Coleslaw nothing special. We went for 6 & bar was packed - maybe it has good happy hour? Prices are a little high for what it is & what we ordered. Part of Mill Rest Group, but not a "special occasion" restaurant like others in that chain.Special Features:
- A Great Little PlaceFoodDogDined on 6/29/2014Everything was excellent from the attentive and friendly service to the food, which we knew would be very good since it's part of the Mill Group. They made a superior martini, too, which not all places do.Special Features:
- Service was really greatManojDined on 6/28/2014Service was really great. Servers were warm, understood our needs and made us feel comfortable. Other than the Hummus we ordered, food was fantastic. Always love the place !Special Features:
- Very poor acousticsBernardDined on 6/20/2014I was happy with the food and service, but the room where we were seated was very loud. The acoustics were not great and we had to shout to carry on a conversation. Maybe a few acoustics tiles on the ceiling and some artwork on the walls would help dampen the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant FindMundo1957Dined on 6/18/2014This was wife's and 1st visit to Republic. We were both very impressed. Outside dining is a great spot and has evening shade. Inside is upscale rustic. Nice vibrant crowd in the bar and restaurant area. We had great meals as well a nice selection of unique beers. Of the Mill Group restaurants that I have been to I enjoyed this the most. I felt very comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place!!RepeatVisitorDined on 6/16/2014I was pleasantly surprised by the overall look and feel of the restaurant and the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a great experienceArrow73Dined on 6/14/2014I took my girlfriend for a birthday dinner and we had a great time. The food was marvelous and the restaurant itself was very cool looking..especially in the bar area with the "industrial" look. I am very impressed with the whiskey list....I enjoy a good whiskey and trying new ones, they have a good variety. My only complaint was the waitress was not very attentive, was friendly, but we waited way to long in between our drink order and dinner order. I still intend to come back and recommend this place to friends.Special Features:
- SGOEDined on 6/13/2014Great food, good service, very noisy. We were seated in an area that was very warm and they went out of their way to make us comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CantonboyVIPDined on 6/13/2014This was our first time trying this restaurant and it was a pleasant surprise. Never a fan of a small plates menu this one had the perfect mix of small plates, entrees, salads and burgers. Our waitress was great at guiding us through the menu with some suggestions. My wife had soup (Onion Truffle) which she loved and a Caesar salad. I had mussels with a great broth and lots of bread. We will definitely be back with friends as this is a perfect place for a large group.Special Features:
- one of my favoritesgoodfoodloverDined on 6/1/2014This restaurant is always a good bet. I ordered the chicken and waffles which was not my favorite of their dishes but it was executed well. I never had it before and I was curious. I won't order it again but that is not a reflection on their execution. In general the food is very good. The appetizers were great, especially the burrata with figs. The drink menu is also good with regular specialty drinks that are always good. I have been here many times and I will continue to go here for dinner.Special Features:
- Food was great!amorgan416Dined on 5/30/2014We had cocktails at the bar which had a nice selection of speciality drinks. Burgers here are amazing, also have a healthy option for burger to get it in on a bed of lettuce. Beer menu was very good, nice selection of craft beers. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Great place, unique and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2014Food was delicious, highly recommend the cheese platter. Our server was extremely knowledgable and friendly. I only wish it was a bit quieter. Not that it was Rock concert loud but just a bit too noisy for my liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MunchersDined on 5/25/2014It was good - again! This is our third trip and it was really good, again. We shared the nachos, yum! I tried the BLTA and it was very good too. My daughter lovedher onion soup and her flatbread. My husband, who hails from Philadelphia, though the steak sandwhich was great. Oh yeah, and the Moscow Mule- excellent!!Special Features:
- Great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014Republic was a great choice for a group family dinner. We loved the decor and feel of the restaurant. Food was great! My husband and I plan to go back and just hang out and dine at the bar! So happy we finally went!Special Features:
- RosieDined on 5/25/2014My first experience at Republic was very good. I had the Peruvian Chicken. My second (most recent) experience was a different story. I had the veggie Panini. It was over-cooked. Bread seemed burnt but it was also soggy. The veggies seemed way over-cooked (Very limp and moist). When I lifted it off my plate to take my first bite, all the veggies fell out because they were so slippery. Tried eating it the normal way a couple more times, but the story was the same. I had to eat it with a knife and fork. The taste was also bland.Special Features:
- A return visitMunchersDined on 5/15/2014We went back to share Republic with our daughter who is very fussy (a pain). She really liked it! Service not as good, but it was very busy on a Thursday night. Who knew?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.