39 Jerome Ave.
Bloomfield, CT 06001Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://republicct.com/
- Phone: 8602165852
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday –Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm Sunday: 4 – 9:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burgers, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Sreven Wolf
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate private parties of up to 40 people with limited dining menus.
- Private Party Contact: Jared Cohen 8602165852
A word from Republic
Come visit us and enjoy our brand new Gastro Pub concept where we have incorporated handcrafted beers, boutique wines, small batch bourbons and artistic culinary creations into a high end pub atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerGastro Pub
Republic - Best Restaurants in Bloomfield ›
Republic reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (57)vibrant bar scene (49)neighborhood gem (48)good for groups (45)hot spot (31)great for outdoor dining (29)great for lunch (28)special occasion (22)late-night find (17)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (6)romantic (5)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Always goodRonnyDined on 10/18/2014Stop here a few times a month. Good beer, apps, burgers, pies and entrees. Have never been disappointed. It is a noisy spot, that may be its only downfall, if that bothers you.Special Features:
- Food was eh...UnfortunateDined on 10/11/2014We ordered the bacon wrapped dates w/ pistachio but the pistachio was not present. I ordered the catfish w/ gumbo but the gumbo was cold and had no sausage (actually all it really was, was rice and sauce) and the corn on the cob was dry. We also ordered the backed Alaska and the ice cream was rock hard. On a positive, my wife did say she enjoyed her pulled pork Mac and cheese.
- Food Good - Service, Not So MuchMindracerDined on 9/28/2014The menu has enough selections to please just about anyone, and presentation of some items is a fun and whimsical experience. Coq au vin was good, but not traditional, and while the flavor was present, the dish suffered a little because the vegetables were pureed into the sauce instead of being left whole. Our server disappeared for long periods of time. She brought us bread, and then removed it from the table before our entrees arrived. We waited almost a half hour for entrees, and finally got them after two inquiries, and long after others around us who had arrived and ordered later. We will probably visit Republic again, because we enjoyed the food, and hopefully we'll have a better experience with service.
- OkoutstandingVIPDined on 9/28/2014Just ok for us. Was hoping for more. Like the new space but didn't love the food. Went as we are gluten free and had heard about the gluten free menu. My husband's choices were very limited as he does not eat meat and the fish selections were very limited. We were disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sue B.SueBDined on 9/27/2014I found the food to be excellent. The restaurant itself is nicely situated and it's nice to see an upscale place in "Downtown" Bloomfield. Might not be suitable for larger crowds, as the couple of seating areas that I noted are not awfully large.Special Features:
- Return VisitSJF13Dined on 9/26/2014Food is never disappointing here. Bourbon milkshake and Baked Alaska are must dos! Service was below par for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciousjbs3Dined on 9/22/2014The food is great. Dessert menu leaves me wanting and the apple cobbler tasted like lemon but the drink selection is excellent and the entree's delicious. Been here twice now and each time had to "win over" our server in order to get a smile or feel taken care of by them. Not welcoming.Special Features:
- shaker1Dined on 9/19/2014Selected from the special Taste of the Surburbs menu and was quite pleased with the food. The squash soup was excellent -- and contained no cream which was a plus -- very healthy and well seasoned. Also, the Ratatouille main course was very tasty. Apple tart was okay, but too sweet for my taste. Our server was outstanding.Special Features:
- Awesome as alwaysCTgirlVIPDined on 9/12/2014We have been to this restaurant a dozen times and always experience great service and very tasty meal. This occasion was a "Taste of the Suburbs" menu for $20.14, which gets you and appetizer, entree and dessert. I am obsessed with pumpkin and chai, so when we saw the pumpkin chai creme brûlée on the special menu we booked right away and were not disappointed! We highly recommend this location, and the other Mill restaurant Group restaurants, because we have never had a bad meal at any of them! The one pointer I have is that the bar scene is very active on a Friday Happy. Hour, so it is loud in the place, so if you are looking for a low-key dinner go later in the night on Friday or another night.Special Features:
- sandy33OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Reservations took care of special requests and were seated right on time. Excellent food & service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Had reservations for 7:30, got right in when we arrived. We were a party of four, who eat out regularly. We thought the food was good, we had burgers which were very tasty. Service was horrible, the server had no personality. It took her forever to come over and greet us. It took her over 10 minutes before she came to the table after we sat down. She wasn't attentive at all. Again we eat out regularly, we are professionals in our early 50's who enjoy going out for dinner and cocktails. Overall we would go back as we did enjoy the food, but if the service is as bad next time we will not go back.Special Features:
- Total treat!GoodFoodLoverDined on 9/6/2014After traveling and touring a local college, we were tired by the day's end but wanted to enjoy a nice meal before returning to our hotel. Republic treated us in several ways--it was casual yet stylish, offered food that was accessible for any palate yet 'fit for foodies', and provided service that was all-around great. Wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Doug BDB19Dined on 9/5/2014Republic is consistently excellent. Great staff and great food. Very cool place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!!RosieDined on 9/5/2014Steak and cheese is better then Philadelphia Rolls fresh out of the oven. Mac and cheese is the best!! Love this restaurant for good comfort food !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disspaointed with foodMonikDined on 8/30/2014I have been to the Republic a number of times. Usually, things are rather good. This time food was the catastrophe.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weak KitchenRoyMDined on 8/30/2014Ordered a Steak au Poivre and they failed to provide the cognac cream sauce or properly crust the steak with peppercorns. The peach cobbler desert was not cooked and the not yet ripe peaches were hard and not sweet. This was a Saturday night so the A team in the Kitchen is an F team at paying attention to the preparation or taste of their offerings.Special Features:
- Good bar, unique menu, fair foodBillMacDined on 8/28/2014The bar was jamming, the menu is very cool and unique. The noise level was high because the bar was busy. Then menu has some great items , perpetration was not as good as it sounded. Great for a causal stop for cocktails and a little something to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid lunch get togetherUSDickinsonVIPDined on 8/22/2014Sat near the bar -- food was excellent, burgers/sandwiches all around, although the tables are a challenge for four with the size of the planks the food comes on! Service/Bar staff working very hard to keep everyone served!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't measure up to previous timesCtDinerVIPDined on 8/21/2014While we have enjoyed visiting Republic in the past, our last visit has us wondering if we will return. Before I start, I will point out that our server was great! Our issues were beyond what she could have any control over.... The ambience was ....deafening. Our party of two was seated in a room with two parties of eight, both of which were having energetic conversations. It was almost impossible to hear each other, and the acoustics of the room were terrible. The food runner appeared with dinner before appetizer plates were cleared, and didn't know what to do. A salmon burger ordered without a bun appeared twice before being correct, at which point it was dried out. By then, we had had enough and were done....
- NancDined on 8/16/2014Food was all right, nothing special; service was the same. Server never brought the second beer that was ordered.Special Features:
- Great menu varietyFridayDateNightDined on 8/15/2014The menu choices are different....excellent variety. We had a great time with the mole nachos, better than expected....service excellent and attentive, food hot and tasty.Special Features:
- great promise....so so executionpaulb443Dined on 8/15/2014Great and exciting menu.....excellent drinks. However the food execution was so so. The flavors did not always blend well ...some of the dishes need fine tuning of the amount of spicesSpecial Features:
- Will be back soon!luvgoodfoodDined on 8/14/2014First visit and definitely not the last! Attentive waitress provided excellent service. Menu varied and food was tasty and well presented. Excellent place for foodies. Wine and beer list notable. Atmosphere perfect for our group of 5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentmilaDined on 8/12/2014Great food and service. I was impressed with the taste, quality and presentation of my meal.Special Features:
- Great!danlDined on 8/10/2014This was our second time here. Solid beer selections, delicious cocktails. My cuban sandwich was a real cuban, and the fiery slaw was great. Some of the best calamari ever. My wife's salmon also was ranked highly. My only change would be to select a quieter seating area....the loft directly over the bar was noisy, but there are other seating options to solve that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite burger barkjrmtbDined on 8/10/2014I came here with my family over the weekend, and we will be back very soon. We usually go to Max Burger, but the Republic is the new favorite. The menu is well thought out, interesting, and has something for everyone. I had the salmon burger and it was better than any I've had at a restaurant previously. Not fishy at all, perfectly cooked and very tasty. It came with a simple, but delicious side salad. I also highly recommend the curry leak and potato soup. Everyone else loved their meals as much as I did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tripped over it...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014We wouldn't have found this place if it wasn't right next to a Wells Fargo bank. We love gastro-pubs, and this is heavy on the gastro. The food was inventive and tasted great. Loved the tuna tartare--tuna sashimi on a tortilla with jalepenos--sounds weird, but really great. Everything we ordered was exceptional. The baked Alaska was insane--you need to try it if they have it.Special Features:
- First Time, Can't wait to go back!khullertonDined on 8/8/2014When my favorite burger place closed down, I went to Yelp to help me find a new place. With all the positive reviews I chose Republic for my 30th Birthday celebration. They were able to accommodate our group of 9 easily and even put us in a quieter section per my request for my Dad's hearing problems. We shared around the table so I can tell you: their burgers, excellent; their truffle parmesan popcorn, the best; their BLTA, wonderful; their mac'n'cheese with pulled pork, very good and I'd get again but I've had better; their gnocchi, amazing. I would highly recommend giving them a try. So far, I haven't had anything on the menu that I wouldn't get again.Special Features:
- good beer list and food menuOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014you will like their beer selection and the menu is superSpecial Features:
- Republic Delivers Again!SteveDined on 7/31/2014Consistently good food and great service! This is a great place to go. The only drawback can be the noise level near the bar or upstairs, so if this is a concern, ask for the front porch or side room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/27/2014Very pleasant late Sunday meal. Very nice waitress who provided excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Republic is consistently excellenteosccVIPDined on 7/27/2014Our party of four thoroughly enjoyed our meals. The onion soup special (without truffle oil) was among the best I have ever had. The sandwiches and Peruvian chicken were done to perfection. Our server, Rachel was very helpful (we needed to alter some of our meals due to certain ingredients we do not or cannot eat, i.e. hot peppers, etc.) Not much else to say. Republic always delivers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal at RepublicfrequentdinerVIPDined on 7/26/2014We always enjoy coming to Republic for both the food and service. We had been out of town for a while and hadn't visited Republic for a while. It was my husband's birthday and we decided to celebrate here with a group of 7 of us. The service was outstanding from ordering drinks throughout the entire meal. Every single person enjoyed their meal. The food is prepared in a creative way and the presentation is outstanding...from the deviled eggs served in a nest-like basket to the hamburgers served on a wooden board with your own individual ketchup bottle. Love the time and effort the management and kitchen take with each dish. Most importantly, the quality of the ingredients shine through. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Second visit as good as the first!FirsttimerVIPDined on 7/24/2014Fantastic second visit. Our waitress Maya was fabulous. Ask for her table when you go... we will! Food was fantastic again! Love the Peruvian chicken. Best unique think on their menu is the Desserts Under Glass... Plenty to share! Lots of small delicious treats. Please never take this off the menu! We brought another couple with us, and everyone had a fabulous time! Can't wait for visit #3!Special Features:
- eatprayloveVIPDined on 7/15/2014The chicken salad is outstanding as is the salmon sandwich with kimchee. Burgers and buns are way above average. Crab cakes are a reliable choice. Love that you have deviled eggs on the starters menu for sharing. Very noisy so if that's a bother to diners, be advised.Special Features:
- NancyGDined on 7/12/2014we had a great table outside and friendly waitress. Caesar salad and buffalo chicken pizza were both excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014Menu with a lot of great options. The food is always excellent at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Walter was a great waiter-food was very good esp. Small plates. AC was too cold and noise level upstairs was way to loud- need some noise absorption.
- Good food and beer listCayman408Dined on 7/10/2014Third visit, continues to be great, will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good draft beer listJudyBlue76Dined on 7/9/2014My only gripe would be the prices (a little high and higher than the figures listed on the menu on their website). Can't beat happy hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.