Renzo's of Boca
5999 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, FL 33434Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Renzo's of Boca
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://renzosinboca.com/
- Phone: 5619943495
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Sicilian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please call Beatrice or Renzo for details.
- Private Party Contact: Beatrice 5619943495
- Entertainment: Live piano bar. Tom Danciu plays amazing piano and Sunday nights live singing by Kendra. Karaoke every other Thursday.
A word from Renzo's of Boca
Originally from Sicily, Renzo opened his first restaurant on Long Island with no prior experience but what he learned from his mother. "It was just a passion." A passion that led him to embrace healthy cooking that uses only the freshest high quality ingredients and the finest extra virgin olive oils. You can even find Renzo's famous sauces at Costco's and local markets. Look around our website and learn more about the man Chef Gordon Ramsay called "amazing...heartfelt, passionate..."Continued
We look forward to serving you!
We look forward to serving you!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Renzo's of Boca reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great family owned and operated gemLouiseLynnDined on 7/6/2013Wonderful dinner. We ate out side in a covered portico that made us feel like we were eating in Italy. The food was home-made and fresh.We had a delicious salad and the Mamas Pizza, which is a square pizza with a thin crust. Delicious! The ambiance was enhanced by a roaming accordian player. Great spot and reasonably priced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TABLES ARE TOO CLOSE TOGETHERSUCKERVIPDined on 7/6/2013TABLES ARE TOO CLOSE TOGETHER AND YOU FEEL CRAMPED. WAITERS NOT TOO FRIENDLY. PRICES ARE SKY HIGH. FOOD IS GOOD BUT WAY OVERPRICED. OWNER NEVER CAME OVER TO SAY HELLO TO GUESTS. THIS IS BOCA NOT NEW YORK!!
- Reliable authentic ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2013Have had many opportunities to dine here. Never disappointed. Food and service always great in our experience. Nice time of year to try it out before in-season crowds sweep in.Special Features:
- Absolutely the best!PaulaDined on 5/25/2013I frequently dine at Renzo's Restaurant and have never had a bad meal! The staff is outstanding, especially Michael Angelo. Not only does he do a great job taking care of your order, he also sings when asked. All of my guests love the restaurant and they frequent it on their own also.Special Features:
- Re-visiting Renzo's!JaneDined on 5/25/2013We had been there Mother's Day and could not wait to return. We were disappointed in a few things. We wanted to order a bottle of house wine and were told they did not have it. There was nothing comparable available without paying more money. We asked for more olives and cheese and were told there would be a charge for them. We did not have the experience before. As customer friendly as they were on Mother's Day, it was totally opposite. It will a while for us to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been going to Renzo'sLArtystVIPDined on 5/24/2013We have been going to Renzo's for years. The food and service is always five star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite Italian place in town.FoodieBVIPDined on 5/22/2013If you want great food which includes a side dish & salad, then this is the place. They also give you complementary bruschetta, garlic bread, cheese and olives. Most places don't come close to offering all of this but Renzo's has consistently done it for years. Whether you want fresh seafood, veal, chicken or pasta they have it all and it's good. The portions are generous and we usually have extra for another day.Special Features:
- Renzo'sNathanVIPDined on 5/12/2013This is a very good Italian restaurant. It is great for special occasions, and it is not stuffy. It is, however, somewhat pricey. There is a $7.00 sharing charge (the portions are big), but they give nothing but bread for the share cost. The room with the piano is quite noisy because of the piano player.Special Features:
- We had not been to Renzo'sJaneDined on 5/12/2013We had not been to Renzo's for a while. Everything was wonderful: service, food and a special graciousness because it was Mother's Day. All of us plan to return in the very near future.Special Features:
- The service was terrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/26/2013The service was terrible. When we ordered drinks they said we had to wait because the bar was very busy. Our waiter took forever to take our order. he was rude when we ordered . very disappointed.
- bar with foodTahiaVIPDined on 4/25/2013My food was good , my husband's was not. Large portions. Overpriced. Restaurant is in a small old strip mall right on road. Outdoor dining practically on street. Decor is very tacky. Atmosphere of a bar. More people smoking than eating outside gave me a stomachache and headache.
- Great Italian FoodnamajanVIPDined on 4/17/2013We had dinner there tonight. The service was excellent. When we arrived we were presented with a beautiful basket of different type of breads, and also a wonderful plate of Brechetta. I ordered the Yellow Tail Snapper with a Piccata sauce, and it was excellent & very fresh.. My hubby had Bronzino with Livornese sauce. I have never seen him clean his plate like he did tonight. With each entree they served a wonderful salad Everyone at our table loved their dinner. For desert we ordered tiramisue which was very good. The Lemon Ices were served in a pineapple shell and had a very fresh taste. Nice way to end a wonderful dinner. The restaurant itself was a little quiet, but I pertain that to the end of the season.Special Features:
- Hostess did not even acknowledgeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/14/2013Hostess did not even acknowledge our presence as we stood right in front of her for our reservation. We were the first table of the evening so the restaurant was completely empty. Our large party just had to wait uncomfortably at the front while this woman did not even welcome us or make eye contact. Ridiculous that they enforce a $7 sharing charge, for pasta dishes that cost upwards of $20 each. This is our 6th and last time at this restaurant.
- Our reservation was honoredOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/13/2013Our reservation was honored immediately; a big plus in my estimation. Our server was pleasant, knowledgeable,and attentive, plus our food was delicious. They serve brushetta to start plus some very good bread, and the salad was fresh. It was a very good eating experience.Special Features:
- The Boys of KEL!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013For 17 years every golf trip, even when in Orlando, we always found a way to get to Renzo's. Great food, great atmosphere. The Boys of KEL!Special Features:
- In need of better mannersBentleyBoyVIPDined on 4/7/2013Thoroughly enjoyed the food and service, even though we were given probably the worst table in the restaurant, even though there were many others available. When I questioned the table selection, I was abruptly told I could sit in the piano area. Host staff/owners could use a good dose training in how to properly treat guests. On more than one occasion, I've been here and the blonde female owner was not only rude to me but other patrons. If the food wasn't so wonderful, I'd skip this place in a minute.Special Features:
- The restaurant is nice, butGbarrVIPDined on 4/7/2013The restaurant is nice, but very old clientele. In the summer it is dead. They should try and get the word out to try and get a younger clientele in restaurant. We will try again, and hope for the best.Special Features:
- Ready to go back !JaneBVIPDined on 4/5/2013Always consistently good. We've been going to Renzo's for near 25 years and have never been diapointed. His osso bucco is fantastic, the bolognese sauce as good as we've ever had, fish is very fresh and made however you wish and the veal parm is perfect. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Poor Wine List! Poor ServiceDemandingMaxVIPDined on 4/5/2013I do not usually go to North Boca, as there are so many restaurants in Southeast Boca. This restaurant is clearly a favorite of many of those who dine there, evident from the welcomes and handshakes of the owner walking the room - he ignored our group of 5, even though 3 people were celebrating birthdays. That was disappointing. Service was less than fair, our waitress was split between in and outside, usually missing, and then smelled of cigarette smoke. Rejected 2 bottles of wine, only had 1, she wasn't even clever enough to send owner over to ask what the problem was! Pastas were good, fish was better, soups delicious. The piano player was awesome, it deadened the rambunctious noise coming from many tables.
- 4/5 of our group was disappointed.LesIsMoreVIPDined on 4/4/20134/5 of our group was disappointed. 2 people paid 5 dollars for a sharing charge of a Bronzino dinner. The fish was good, and the did a great job dividing it between 2 plates, but were surprised when they only gave 1 small bowl of side pasta between us. We expected a second bowl or larger portion to split. Bolognase sauce had peas in it without being noted on menu. Also the sauce had no taste. Another member of our party had a chicken dish that she couldn't even eat. It was also a very visually unappealing.
- Always wonderful!! Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/30/2013Always wonderful!! Great Food! Great Fun!! A neighborhood Cheers!!Special Features:
- Great ambiance. Charming decor.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/24/2013Great ambiance. Charming decor. Very good female songstress. Good food. A neighborhood treasure for sure!!Special Features:
- our meal did not disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013our meal did not disappoint us having eaten in renzos before it was as good as alwaysSpecial Features:
- service a bit slow but staffOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/21/2013service a bit slow but staff was courteous and food was delicious.Special Features:
- This is a very comfortablejayhowardDined on 3/16/2013This is a very comfortable restaurant for those who want good food and a pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:
- We are regulars there forBill1234VIPDined on 3/15/2013We are regulars there for many years. When we were 15 min. late for our reservation (for which we called 30 min prior to inform them), we stood and waited another 45 min. to be seated. Our service was very slow, and waited 25 min. for our salad course, and another 45 min for our entree. The food is always solid, but the service is slipping quite a bit.Special Features:
- Excellent neighborhood restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/14/2013Excellent neighborhood restaurant, we dine there often.Special Features:
- Good food - Over priced lobsteroldfoodyDined on 3/13/2013Good food - Over priced lobster special-Our fault for not asking the price- Average service-
- Deplorable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/9/2013Our experience was deplorable. We arrived 5 minutes earlier than our reservation and were told it would be a wait. After waiting 15 minutes past our reservation time we again asked how long it would be,, never getting an answer. This is a restaurant that treats regulars differently than other patrons. When a table of 4 finally became available we were told they could not seat us there because they were going to use it for a party of nine (who were not even at the restaurant yet). They said leave if you want to. Coupons are sold at Costco for this restaurant, I now know why. They are rude and treat people with disrespect, especially the daughter. My friends and I will never eat at this restaurant again
- They seem to favor regularsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2013They seem to favor regulars to the detriment of others. Also, the service is very rushed. They tried to clear my plate before I had even finished eating.
- One of the best!!!!!!MarcoVIPDined on 2/20/2013A generous basket of great garlic toast was presented along with a nice platter of cheese, olives and Crostini. The menu is very well laid out and offers a very wide variety of dishes. All entrées come with a nice salad, pasta and vegetable. The food was very tasty and well prepared. The portions were generous and the presentation was appealing. This is one of the best restaurants we have eaten at lately and we will definitely be back. Sorry that we waited so long to return as we liked this place the last time we ate here.Special Features:
- Run, don't walk to Renzo's.christieDined on 2/4/2013Run, don't walk to Renzo's. It's a fabulous restaurant, with delicious food and efficent service.
- ReservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/2/2013Waited 45 minutes to be seated with a reservation for 7:15. They said because two people in a party of six cancelled so we had to wait for the next table of four.
- I have been going to Renzo,sZsuzsaDined on 2/1/2013I have been going to Renzo,s for a few years now. The food and service has always been great. Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Not service oriented. HostessOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 1/19/2013Not service oriented. Hostess rude, waiter never came to table after dinner was served . We saw him when he gave us the check. Owners gave special attention to friends only.
- Simply fabulousRonniVIPDined on 1/18/2013Fabulous . Chicken cacciatore , shrimp livornase, tripe ( what can I say, he loves tripe ) all were delicious. Minestrone soup was great Renzo's was even better than I remembered it from previous years. I'll definitely be a regular this winter . Pasta was al dente with no water in the bottom of the bowl. The stuffed artichoke appetizer was superb. Simple great Italian food that is delicious a and we'll prepared.Special Features:
- The food is outstanding! TryOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/12/2013The food is outstanding! Try the huge shrimp marinara or pasta bolgenese. The food is consistently great even with a party of 10 people. Nice piano playing on weekends.Special Features:
- Honor reservationsTweetypieVIPDined on 1/5/2013The restaurant accepts reservations but they do not honor them. We had an 8pm reservations and they didn't seat us until 8:35. Many people left in anger. The reservation clerk didn't know how to handle all the frustrated people. Instead of being apologetic, she became rude.The only reason we didn't leave is because we know how good the food isSpecial Features:
- Renzo disprespects customersOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/31/2012Renzo called at 130PM on December 31st to stay that they could not honor our reservation and they cancelled us out. On New Years Eve, we were left with NO reservations for dinner. They should have done whatever it took to accomodate us, particularly on that special night.We will never dine at Renzos again, nor will we recommend them.
- Hi, Don't plan on eatingEatoutalotVIPDined on 12/29/2012Hi, Don't plan on eating at your reservation time. We had a 7:30 reservation and were sat at 8:00 while tables walked in without reservations and sat before us because they knew them. They didn't seem to care tat we waited 1/2 hour. The front deal didn't seem to know or care what was going on. The wait staff was just as bad. It yolk another 15 minutes for someone to come to he table and offer drinks. Then thy brought the wrong appetizer and looked at us like we were crazy. The waitress rushed through our order and didn't bother to listen to what we were ordering. I would not recommend this place - there are many other restaurants where you can spend your money