Renzo's Italian Restaurant Parkland
5965 West Hillsboro Boulevard
Parkland, FL 33067Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Renzo's Italian Restaurant Parkland
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.renzosofparkland.com/
- Phone: 9547535353x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giuseppe Carriero
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Call for information on catering.
- Entertainment: Piano player Richard Stewart, playing songs from every era.
A word from Renzo's Italian Restaurant Parkland
Enjoy delicious, authentic Italian meals at our restaurant. Live music, a relaxed atmosphere, and delectable food set the scene for your perfect night out. With Chef Giuseppe Carriero creating the best dishes your heart desires. At the end of the evening you will see Chef "G" sing Italian songs with great passion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Renzo's Italian Restaurant Parkland - Best Restaurants in Parkland ›
Renzo's Italian Restaurant Parkland reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)romantic (14)special occasion (12)notable wine list (9)fit for foodies (7)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- I'm guessing the food is good!FoodLover13Dined on 8/23/2014Wow, can't rate the food, because we never had a chance to eat! Made reservations on Open Table and got the table in the middle of the entrance. Seems they booked an extra table for 2 because our table was moved directly into the main entrance of the restaurant to accommodate a small table next to it. When we asked the hostess for a table to the side, we were told all 10 - 12 tables were requested specifically in each reservation. When we asked the waiter to speak to someone, he emphatically reiterated that the tables were indeed requested specifically WEEKS IN ADVANCE! Not a friendly welcome by anyone and no management offering any kind of solution. So we left. My advice....be sure to request your table before arriving.
- Ok visitbeentherebeforeDined on 8/7/2014A large party detracted from the ambiance, and affected the service and food on this visit.Special Features:
- WendyDined on 7/29/2014We've eaten in this establishment several times. Ambience is cozy, and romantic. We've brought friends in from out of state, locals, and celebrated birthdays!Food is always wonderful!! The only thing that has occurred a few times, is food takes a very long time to come out. We don't like when courses run into each other and feel rushed, but this is quite the opposite. That would be our only complaint. Overall a wonderful place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb MealItalianDinerDined on 7/20/2014Took Parents For Their Birthday(s). Every Person Had A Little Tweak To The Meal They Ordered, The Waiter & Chef Handled It With NO Issue And Each Meal Was Perfect! Loved The Garlic Bread, Great Bottle Of Chianti, Super Desserts....First Dining Experience Here Was Perfect, We Will Be Back !!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnsatisfiedDined on 7/19/2014We wanted beer to drink before dinner, they only have a choice of three beers none of which we drink. The wine list was outrageously expensive even by the glass. The waiter was very social to the other tables with more people except ours so we got ignored. My salad had nuts in it which I am allergic to, I tried to get something else but no one ever came to the table to ask how we were doing. The restaurant was so noisy we couldn't hear each other talk so we just didn't talk through dinner, which was not a good thing as far as we were concerned! We told the hostess on the way out that we were not happy and she smiled a us!! which was totally unacceptable!! We will never go back!!
- Best in the West!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Food is fantastic...Servers are friendly, and filled with charm and personality!.....And, Rich at the piano will take your requests. Renzo's is a gem that I frequent 2 or three times a month. I highly recommend it to everyone!Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemabsolutelyfancyVIPDined on 7/12/2014Great local find. Great food and service. I like that I can make quick reservations on open table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, butOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/5/2014Food was very good but the kitchen screwed up the order so it took forever before the correct entree arrived. Turned out to be a two hour dinner. Good thing we were not in a hurry! Would definitely return and try again hoping the kitchen can be more efficient. Very nice place but a bit loud when busy. Not a place for a quiet meal. Also, a little pricey for a strip mall restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all aroundMomof2Dined on 6/26/2014We just moved to Parkland 2 weeks ago and were taking friends from Naples out for dinner. My godmother read a review of Renzo's in a NYC newspaper so we took a chance on going and it lived up to its excellent review in every way. The food was so delicious, the service was always there when you need them but not intrusive, and the live piano player was delightful. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnonVIPDined on 6/13/2014Great little neighborhood spot. Loved the atmosphere (beautifully arranged), the food and the pianist. Reasonable prices, as well. It is a shame they are so hidden in a less than busy area.Special Features:
- Outstanding!beentherebeforeDined on 6/13/2014Wife and Sister in Law took Brother in Law and myself out for an early Father's Day dinner. It was the in Laws first visit, and Renzo's has made new converts. As always, the service, food, and atmosphere were top notch.Special Features:
- Parkland GemMykindaplaceDined on 6/5/2014Great atmosphere, food, and service. A wonderful place to spend an evening with family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!WendyDined on 6/4/2014We took an out of town guest this week who is Italian. He loved the food!! We have eaten at this restaurant on several occasions, and 99% of the time food, service and the pianist are wonderful!! Only once did we have an extremely long wait for our food after order was placed. Can happen anywhere. Food was especially good during our most recent visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bellaDined on 5/30/2014the food & service are always excellent. also having the piano player makes a ice touch for the eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NY food in Parklandinvitingu2VIPDined on 5/21/2014Always enjoy and the best shrimp dishes!!! Best Italian!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was goodDisappointedVIPDined on 5/16/2014Food was good,big portions,they need to add more types of salad dressings to the menu,the veal Marsala was excellent,the eggplant parm was also goodSpecial Features:
- Wow...Great find!TuscanRaveVIPDined on 5/16/2014This is a great place with outstanding food and fantastic specials (2.5lb lobster fradiavlo and osso bucco). Friendly and knowledgable waiters, smiling busboys, awesome homemade garlic bread, complementary bruschetta, fairly priced wine list, and nice ambiance. Finally we have a five star Italian restaurant to the west, convenient for west boca / parkland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good italian foodFrequentDinerVIPDined on 5/9/2014they make their own pasta - they are only open for dinner and closed on MondaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 40 reviews are from the Renzo's Italian Restaurant Parkland reviews archive.
- Lovely dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/27/2014Excellent food and soft music. Highly recommend. Well behaved children fit in perfectly.Special Features:
- Fabulous FindElisaDined on 4/25/2014We LOVE Italian food and frequent many wonderful places. Renzo's is in our back yard so we decided to try it! How AMAZED and THRILLED we are we did! The food is mouthwatering delicious, the service is impeccable and the family atmosphere warm and inviting. Our server Joe was more than helpful and gracious. The Master Chef whose preparation and presentation are OUTSTANDING! I can't imagine having better service anywhere else. The best surprise is when the Master Chef actually comes to say hello and asks for a request to sing. I forgot to mention the fantastic piano player playing beautiful music. The Chef's voice is one I will not forger, we felt like we were in Italy! Thank you Renzo's for making our Friday night a most memorable one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisingJohnnieEuroDined on 4/25/2014There is only so much you can say about a store front restaurant's ambience but there was plenty to say about the food. We had a fun waiter and fantastic food. The pianist played a nice mix of music and overall it stacked up to be somewhere we'll go back to.Special Features:
- second timebadboyDined on 4/12/2014My wife and I returned for another excellent dinner. Cant beat the ambience.
- Good Food in your own BackyarddarlingDined on 3/29/2014Everyone in our group, party of six, enjoyed the food and the service. The staff was very interested in making us happy. Lovely night out. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Renzo's of ParklandOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2014Great food, service, ambiance....honored reservation. One complaint....way too cold for the 4 of us....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- having been a patron at Renzo'sbukshotDined on 3/1/2014having been a patron at Renzo's Boca, for years, ffound this to be delicious and ,most enjoyable as did our friends,We will surely return. Mrs. B DavisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic ItalianSemituffDined on 2/18/2014Calamari steak appetizer is one of my favorites. Veal Osso Buco was just excellent. Their signature Gorgonzola Chicken is always a treat (but ohh soo rich!). Wonderful service, good selection of wines. Well worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good local italianVinceDined on 2/15/2014The food was very good. Wine list was adequate. Ambiance is so-so as well as the service. Overall its a good local italian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food good timeMarkVIPDined on 2/8/2014My wife and I ate here Saturday night My wife very difficult with food, more of a royal pain in the u know what She said this is now her favorite restaurant Need I say more?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, Old Italian CharmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/4/2014We celebrated my daughter's Sweet 16. The food, atmosphere, service and experience was awesome!Special Features:
- Renzos is the quaint neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/31/2014Renzos is the quaint neighborhood place we've always dreamed about. It is tucked into a shopping center off a main road and I'm so glad we found it. The menu is extensive Italian fare prepared just the way you like it! I am very picky when I order fish - and there's is consistently fresh and plentiful. From the garlic bread, to the pasta, veal and chicken dishes - all have received rave reviews. There are many fine restaurants in South Florida that you seldom find the need to repeat. This gem with its fabulous food, quaint atmosphere and enchanting weekend pianist is one that I will frequent often.Special Features:
- Felt like I was in ItalytravratVIPDined on 1/29/2014Dined here on Wed. night. Everything from the complimentary bruschetta through the cannoli for dessert was delicious. Service was excellent and we were treated to the chef singing at the end of our meal. Thanks for bringing a real taste of Italy to my neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/23/2014Nice atmosphere, very attentive wait staff, good food and very enjoyable piano music.Special Features:
- Great food poor serviceJefbgDined on 1/18/2014Visibly understaffed on a crowded Saturday night, our party of four waited at least 15 minutes to be approached at our table. Two servers for the entire floor was totally inadacuate. When finally served it took about another twenty minutes for our food which was excellent all around. A piano player was a nice touch however. We were celebrating three birthdays and without being asked they brought over three expensive deserts and 18 fresh cut roses for my wife. That was so thoughtful and lovely. They never refilled our ice tea unless asked and I had to ask the hostess for a refill of garlic bread which was never served to us after being requested. The portions were huge and delicious and I would go back for another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful Renzo experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/4/2014This small neighborhood resturant is a great find so close to home! Such an immediate warm atmosphere and the food is great! I warn you the portions are large but I love being able to have some to have for lunch the next day! My husband and I will definitely be going back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The wine sealed the deal!pappyDined on 12/31/2013Maybe you wouldn't think of this place for New Year's eve but we did. And, we are happy we did. It was a little 'low-key'- just the way we like it. We did not plan to stay until mid-night but could see the evidence of their preparations to celebrate. Balloons & confetti were in nets skillfull attached y to the ceiling ready for release. Dinner was wonderful and a bottle of Grecco de tufo, suggested by our waiter, sealed the deal & made our evening special. We'll be back soon......Special Features:
- Service the worstChuckDined on 12/31/2013We don't like going out on New Years but since they were so close we gave them a try.We sat for at least 25 minutes before we could get our waiter George's attention. We felt invisible. Only after asking the hostess for some service did he finally came over and thought it quite amusing that we had to wait. His service was terrible and if it wasn't for another waiter named Steve seeing that we were not only miserable, came to our aid and personally took the time to bring us wine while also servicing his own tables, we would have walked out. He even told our waiter that he was ignoring us. I left Steve a larger tip than the waiter and because of him salvaged what was looking like a disaster of a new years. The food, by the way, was excellent.
- Renzo.sjack1210Dined on 12/14/2013The food and service was very good, well worth a visit!Special Features:
- We have eaten in this restaurantWendyDined on 11/16/2013We have eaten in this restaurant a handful of times. The food, service, and atmosphere are wonderful! We love the soothing piano music which sets a relaxing mood. My only complaint is, that there is no liquor license. One needs to be in the mood for either beer or wine, but if you know this ahead of time it's fine. Wonderful place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local RestaurantPaulDined on 11/9/2013Three of us ate at Renzo's Parkland for the first time Saturday night. We have eaten many times at Renzo's main restaurant in Boca and have always enjoyed it. The food was excellent; the tomato sauce identical to Renzo's Boca. We each had different dishes - veal sorrentino, chicken parm and veal parm. The portions were plentiful, especially the chicken parm Prices were very reasonable for the quality and portion size and portion size. Atmosphere great for a week night but just ok for Saturday. Live piano music throughout dinner was a nice touch.Special Features:
- Great place - Even in the Dark!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/8/2013Our first trip to Renzo's and great experience even though they lost power during our appetizer course. The service staff was wonderful giving us candles to dine by and being able to refill water glasses in almost pitch darkness. Good thing was the kitchen was still able to operate and food was simply delicious - best gnocchi I've had outside Italy (rivaled some I've had there as well). The Renzo team took what was a challenging situation and made it a memorable meal for us - best candlelight dinner we've had in years. Mille grazie Renzo's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.