Rendezvous in Central Square
502 Massachusetts Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02139Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
Rendezvous in Central Square
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rendezvouscentralsquare.com/
- Phone: 6175761900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner is served nightly. Sunday-Thursday 5:00-10:00pm Friday-Saturday 5:00-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Rendezvous is available for private events during the day 7 days a week. We can accommodate groups from 10-70 people, with options ranging from a "4-Course Lunch" to a "Casual Cocktail Party" - a great venue for business or social occasions and celebrations.
- Private Party Contact: Roz Beauchemin 6175761900
- Public Transit: We are located steps from the Central Square T and bus stops.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking in Central Square is easy, convenient, and inexpensive. A parking garage with an attendant is located at the intersection of Pearl Street and Green street for only $1 per hour. Massachusetts Avenue is lined with metered parking and additional public parking is available in the nearby-metered lots on Bishop Allen Drive. One lot is located behind Blockbuster Video and the other lot is behind the McDonalds. In addition, we offer valet parking on Friday and Saturday for $12 per car.
A word from Rendezvous in Central Square
Rendezvous offers a comfortable dining experience with all the nuances of fine dining in a warm and welcoming atmosphere. The menu at Rendezvous is inspired by the flavors and aromas of the western Mediterranean -- Italy, France, Spain and North Africa. We place an emphasis on the market approach to cooking, using only the freshest products and working with local farms and specialty purveyors. Our menu changes regularly according to the seasonal availability of ingredients, about one third changes each month. Our wine list is carefully chosen to compliment our food, and represents numerous small producers, which use high-quality winemaking practices. The Rendezvous has an attractive custom-made counter-height bar, where the full menu is available. The bar offers an intimate and comfortable experience with plenty of room for plates and glasses of wine. We look forward to meeting you at the Rendezvous! !Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rendezvous in Central Square reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (23)special occasion (16)good for groups (8)romantic (8)notable wine list (6)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Last MealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/22/2014Last meal at Rendezvous. Wishing Steve and all the Rendezvous folks a bright and happy future.
- (: closing!terryhDined on 6/22/2014last tasty rendezvous at rendezvous-closing wednesdaySpecial Features:
- Oh, Rendezvous, may we meet againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Rendezvous will soon fill our fondest memories. After ten successful and delicious years, Steve Johnson is passing this Central Square space on to a new group and in the next year, will open an eatery near Tiverton. Be sure that we and many of his regular customers will find their way there as soon and as often as practical.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will miss you!BostonDinerVIPDined on 6/20/2014Rendezvous was my wife's and my favorite restaurant and we will miss it terribly. Best of luck to Steve and the staff.
- EXCELLENT!dollyfoodDined on 6/20/2014The food and service at Rendezvous are of the highest quality. Don't miss it! Be sure to make a reservation or get there early, this is a popular spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jackVIPDined on 6/18/2014Another great well prepared meal in this fabulous place that is closing :-(Special Features:
- A very sad farewellMarcoVIPDined on 6/16/2014We will certainly miss Rendez-vous, which is closing at the end of June and we wish the owner great success with his new venture in R. I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too bad it is closing on 6/25mikeVIPDined on 6/16/2014The food was very good, Flavorful and creative. Monday was tapas special day, so we ordered two apps and 3 tapas and enjoyed them. Unfortunately Rendezvous is closing on June 25,2014. Get there asap if you want to give it a try. go for the bluefish cakes, and the Lemon-buttermilk desert. I was a little Leary of the desert, but it was lovely.Special Features:
- Sad to say goodbye!wwwwDined on 6/15/2014Rendezvous is closing at the end of the month and this wonderful neighborhood restaurant will be missed!Special Features:
- ANOTHER GREAT MEALjackVIPDined on 6/14/2014The owner/chef Steve always is consistent with his food preparations. Go for a great "last" meal as the era of rendezvous comes to an end :-(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sad FarewellfannyVIPDined on 6/13/2014I went for my final dinner at a restaurant that has given me reliably good food and excellent service for years. I will miss them!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- LateoneDined on 6/11/2014Been there many times, but this evening the food was only so-so, service was friendly, but slow.Special Features:
- This is a wonderful restaurantLuluDDined on 6/11/2014Everything about this place is fantastic - food, drink, service...it will be missedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciously bittersweetSamanthaDined on 6/10/2014We took our 18 year old son to Rendesvous to celebrate his HS graduation. I wanted him to have a special memory of a special event at a legendary place. Thanks Steve and your wonderful team for all of the care, skill, inventiveness and exquisite culinary moments. We wanted to be sure that it was in our collective family memory. I always have a craving for the Vegetable antipasto with roasted eggplant purée and muhummara, which is like a little jeweled garden, and we all ordered the peppered sirloin steak with garlic butter, horseradish mashed potatoes. That little kick of horseradish is fantastic, does not overwhelm, but weaves a divine note into the matrix of the meal. Thanks for years of delicious memories.Special Features:
- DisappointinglovefoodDined on 6/10/2014Had a great meal first visit to Rendevous but second visit was a big letdown. Ordered braised pork and veal meatballs. Expected two types of meat. Instead what that means is you get four tiny veal and pork meatballs in a soup dish with broth and scalloped potatoes. It looked worse than it tasted but it didn't taste great. Service was awful. Waitress disappeared for long stretches. Could not get her attention for a glass of wine. Wife's steak was tasty but chewy and fatty. Unlikely to return.
- What's the point?LouisDined on 6/9/2014This has been a great run for Rendezvous. Been here many times. Always easy ambience for conversation and delicious food too. Will be sad to see it close....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jackVIPDined on 6/5/2014Sad that after 9 years this place is closing, so rush for a table if you can a reservation!Special Features:
- Great restaurantHumphreyDined on 6/5/2014This is one of the best restaurants that I have ever been. The meat was absolutely great well presented and good to eat. The restaurant used to be a Burger King and is now so far removed from this that you have no idea of its previous life. This restaurant is well worth a visit but really you should become one of the 'locals"Special Features:
- My all time favorite restaurantcabgoesleftVIPDined on 6/3/2014Steve Johnson and Rendezvous creates the best food and best feel I any restaurant I've been too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1419 reviews are from the Rendezvous in Central Square reviews archive.
- Perfect for ConversationBoringGuyDined on 6/1/2014I love Rendezvous for the great food, attentive service, and friendly ambiance. Even when the tables are full, the noise level is reasonable for a conversation.Special Features:
- Even better than expected.luluDined on 5/31/2014My husband and I came here for a 10 pm post-theater supper. It was still lively, but not crowded. We considered ordering just appetizers as a sort of tapas meal because the offering on the menu looked so fabulous,, but we decided on 2 - the "mini-ravioli" - a lovely plate, just a delight in every bite, and also the tuna crudo which melted in your mouth. Then we went for the halibut entree and he veal and pork meatballs which were both also delicious. the broth with the meatballs was notable. I think that our favorite however, was the lemon buttermilk pudding with huckleberry sauce for dessert. WOW - I would go there again just to have that. Well, I would go there again, period.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent ExcellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/31/2014I can't say enough good things about the Rendezvous in Central Square. The menu changes seasonally, but they always keep the crowd favorites. From appetizer through dessert, there's no better restaurant in the area. The service is also stellar.Special Features:
- Renezvous ReviewHAL314Dined on 5/31/2014We ordered meatballs with orchiette pasta and halibut entrees. Both were excellent. Very well prepared with balanced flavors. My only criticism is that they were a little luke warm when served.Special Features:
- rowerrowerVIPDined on 5/30/2014It is always great when we eat at Rendezvous the food, service and ambiance can not be beat.Special Features:
- WonderfulMrMarshall10Dined on 5/30/2014Great food and service... too bad it's closing at the end of June. :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hold the salt!TwiceDined on 5/30/2014This was our second visit. Our first dinner was good enough for a second try. Alas, it didn't come close to our first visit. The crab appetizer was really good but the meatball dish with charred orichetti was almost too salty to eat. We had fine wait service and the Austrian white wine was very good. The dessert crostada didn't quite work either.Special Features:
- A Sad FarewellMijokaDined on 5/25/2014Rendezvous is one of the best restaurants in the area. Their closing at the end of June will be a sad event.Special Features:
- Once again, deliciousMarsVIPDined on 5/25/2014The 4 of us all ordered the fixed price menu - Three of us ordered the very tasty asparagus salad to start, and the 4th devoured his sardines. Then for dinner there were 2 lambs (delectable), one fisherman stew (yummy) and one chicken (just great). Dessert was also good. What else can I say - another fine dining experience. This place will be sorely missed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gourmandeDined on 5/24/2014one of our favorite restaurants - imaginative menu, lovely waitstaff, attractive décor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/24/2014Exemplary service and excellent food. Too bad it's closing.Special Features:
- Can recommend!MagdalenaDined on 5/19/2014Liked the place, atmosphere and people. Consistent in quality
- End of an EraProfessorShorthairVIPDined on 5/18/2014Rendezvoous will be closing on June 25. For ourt last meal there I had SDunday night, $38 prix fix of cauliflower bucatini, fisherman's stew and cherry crostada. All were excellent. My wife chose the simple salad and Morocan chicken. Her choices were just ok.Special Features:
- Pre-theater dinnernickVIPDined on 5/17/2014Convenient to the theater in Central Square, Cambridge, the pris fixe menu is a good value. Food is nicely prepared and the service very good. The wine list needs a few more moderately priced bottles and has to include the list of wines by the glass, two things missing.Special Features:
- Rendezvous while you canOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014This neighborhood mainstay where the food is always good and the atmosphere always inviting and, importantly, suitable for conversation, is closing at the end of June. When I heard this, I knew I had to stop going just for special occasions, and try to slip in often to enjoy the antipasto, grilled squid, lobster risotto, cooling salads and comfortable ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad reservation policyFoodforethoughtDined on 5/13/2014I had the skate and it was absolutely delicious. The service was friendly and timely. However, they took half an hour to seat us even though we made a reservation. When I told the hostess we'd been waiting for a half hour, she said, "well, 28 minutes." This is not the first time I've had a problem getting seated at rendezvous. Another time I called and made a reservation for that night, but when I got there they said they'd given my table away to another person by the same name and that there was no longer a table for me. Great restaurant, if you ever get seated...Special Features:
- Great food, even better serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014My friend and I were both celebrating birthdays and don't often get to dine out without our families and at such lovely, high-quality restaurants. But we both crave well-made, beautiful food. We got it Rendezvous. And our staff, from the front desk to the bussers, were all so friendly and warm and professional.Special Features:
- Just deliciousRozziefDined on 5/9/2014Three of us enjoyed a great meal prior the theater. We each ordered 2 dishes off of the appetizer listing. We were very pleased with the variety of offerings and tastes. The service was attentive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Awesome!EDITHVIPDined on 5/8/2014An awesome restaurant that is about to disappear. Go before the June 30 closing date. Rendezvous, WE WILL MISS YOU!!!Special Features:
- Consistently goodDiner8Dined on 5/7/2014Rendezvous is a restaurant that always pleases. This is true in terms of the menu, the preparation of the food and the service. The staff is skilled, personable and discreet. For all of these reasons, we will miss Rendezvous when it closes in June.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our second time at RendezvousRosebudVIPDined on 5/6/2014I love this restaurant in the heart of Central Square....we live in Canton and aren't often in Cambridge but this will be our go to place from now on when we are in the neighborhood. Lovely dinner of lemony poached salmon - great Boston lettuce salad lightly dressed (my husband had 1/2 dozen oysters) and wonderful warm chocolate cake for dessert which we shared. Good wine list - server was attentive but not overbearing. Lovely atmosphere. Medium priced - the whole bill came to $135 but we each had two glasses of wine. It was a good night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.