380 S. US Hwy 89
Jackson Hole, WY 83001Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rendezvousbistro.net/
- Phone: 3077391100x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner served nightly 5:30pm - 10:00pm.
Happy Hour at the bar 5:30 - 6:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Joel Tate
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: In 2003 we attended to the requests of our customers by launching Bistro Catering and designing a 3000 square foot dedicated catering facility, the first of its kind in Jackson Hole. Bistro Catering is the full service catering division of Rendezvous Bistro. In the years since we have grown to accommodate virtually any size party, wedding or event. Our standard of excellence is the factor that makes us stand alone. From start to finish, the attention to detail that will make your event flawless.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room is perfect for a holiday celebration, office party or any group gathering.
- Private Party Contact: Erin Oda (307)733-5010x
A word from Rendezvous Bistro
In 2001 the opening of Rendezvous Bistro changed the face of dining in Jackson Hole. Offering a fun and lively atmosphere paired with the knowledgeable service you expect and serving tasty American Bistro fare. This spirit is still alive today. Warm hospitality and an excellent value bring locals and visitors alike flocking to "The Bistro", sometimes returning 3-4 times in a week. A place you come to see your neighbors, family and friends. Dine at the oyster bar, sit down for a casual dinner in the bar, or enjoy a three course experience in the dining room. A comprehensive and varied wine list and full bar are available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Rendezvous Bistro - Best Restaurants in Jackson ›
Rendezvous Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (59)special occasion (36)neighborhood gem (33)hot spot (32)good for groups (31)notable wine list (27)great for outdoor dining (24)vibrant bar scene (21)kid-friendly (14)romantic (13)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- mehOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/14/2014Front house was fantastic, but the back of the house could step it up to keep with other bistro's and restaurants in town.
- SeatingzekeVIPDined on 9/13/2014This is a favorite restaurant of ours but it gets quite busy during the tourist seasons and often it seems like seating for your reservation is late - maybe 15 to 30 minutes late.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants in Jackson, we eat there every time we visit and it never disappoints! We arrived early for our reservation and decided to have a drink & some appetizers at the bar before dinner. It was happy hour (before 6:30) so all drinks were half price and we ordered pot stickers which were delicious and were I think $2 each. When we were ready, we were promptly seated and had a great waiter - very attentive & knowledgeable. I had the meat loaf and my husband had the trout - both were excellent.Special Features:
- One of Jackson's BestHoppyVIPDined on 9/6/2014We had a wonderful meal at Rendezvous on our last night in Jackson. The ambience was just what we needed after a long day of hiking. The service was excellent as was the food. We were very happy to have found this jewel in Wyoming!Special Features:
- indianloveDined on 9/6/2014The food was wonderful as usual, no surprises there, waiter was darling, loved him. We sat in the very back booth by deck entrance which is one of my favorite spots.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary!Ride2GiveDined on 9/5/2014We went here for our 10th Anniversary dinner and the staff made the experience amazing! The food was great, service was the best! Thank you, thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off nightseniorcyclistDined on 9/4/2014We've been to the Rendezvous Bistro many times and always found it to be consistently very good. This night was a surprising disappointment. Veal shank was 80% fat, duck con fit was dry and gamy. Appetizers were ho-hum.Special Features:
- DisappointmentalpetDined on 9/1/2014We wrote a five-star review in all categories last year, but this time round I was stunned by the salt content in the salad dressing and the unmentionable creme brûlée. The rest of the meal--steak, croque madame, chop salad and wine--was terrific. But I couldn't even eat my salad and sent it back to the kitchen. The creme brûlée, also salty, but it's salted caramel, wasn't creme at all but a grainy sort of stiff pudding. We each had a bite and put down our spoons. On the other hand, the service was stellar, as usual. The waitress tried to make it right by offering other dishes to replace, but the mood was kind of down by then, so we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014food and service was great. much too noisy. too many tables packed in too close togetherSpecial Features:
- Dining in the dark!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2014Please turn on the lights so we can see the menu! Weirdest tasting ravioli I have ever had, tasteless trout. Very kind and attentive servers.
- Always a pleasureBakerdogsDined on 8/22/2014Dining here is an enjoyable experience whenever we go to Jackson. Food is excellent, as is service. We asked to share an entree and server did not bat an eye. Always appreciate that. Had mushroom soup, steak frites, and salted caramel crime brûlée--a lovely meal with diverse wine-by-glass selection. Highly recommend Rendezvous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but noisyDedicatedVIPDined on 8/19/2014Very creative menu with a large selection. Service is very good, attentive and dedicated to quickly turning tables over. Noise level is very high, partly due to the lack of soundproofing. Highly recommended for tourists.Special Features:
- Lazy Sloppy ServiceLocal22VIPDined on 8/19/2014We are local Jackson Hole residents and have been regular Bistro customers for many years. Knowing that it is the high tourist season, it was still a very disapointing experience. Like many other Jackson restaurants of the past, they are becoming the victims of their own success. To many customers, not enough help, and little attention to customer service equals a bad experience. Don't go unless you are looking for a crowded, impersonal, pedestrian experience. This time of year the Bistro is like a high-end McDonalds.
- Avoid the Veal MarsalaWyomingCowboyDined on 8/19/2014We normally enjoy the Bistro, since the food is usually excellent, but not this time. The Veal Marsala was fatty and grissly...in fact I am not sure it was even veal since the texture was more like pot roast. Worst meal ever at the Bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu Too Exotic for UsPGA2065VIPDined on 8/16/2014Won't return to Rendezvous Bistro. Too many odd choices - we feel they are working too hard on being creative/unique and have let down diners who seek high quality but more recognizable food. If one orders Veal Marsala, one knows what it will generally be like. Their version is veal breast with "some fat inserted for flavor." What is Lamb Neck Souvlaki? And Cajun Fried Alligator does not tempt me. More fresh fish on the regular menu is needed; not just as daily specials. Ambience and service (and the bread) are still very good. But we won't return until the menu is changed to accommodate less exotic palates. (Oh, yes, there is roasted chicken and boring meatloaf, but I don't need to go to Rendezvous Bistro to get that.)Special Features:
- Pas malJeMangeDined on 8/15/2014The food was good. I felt like we were paying a premium for the atmosphere rather than the quality of the food. We went for my wife's birthday and they seated us at a table right in the middle of the entrance to the dining room so we were getting bumped non-stop by people walking by.Special Features:
- Remembered my preferencesDidknotDined on 8/13/2014On a previous comment I suggested they put in a particular liquor . They did and mentioned its availability when we were seated. Classy!Special Features:
- ConsistentYuminthetumDined on 8/12/2014The food at the Bistro is consistent, it is comforting to get what you expect. Our waitress was what made the meal so amazing attentive with casual suggestions and care~ Angelique . Good waitstaff is a rarity in Jackson, it is nice to be treated well when you dine out. Great music which seemed to keep everyone tapping their toes and enjoying the summer dining outside.Special Features:
- DisappointingFlavorificDined on 8/9/2014Perhaps it was just unfortunate timing, but the night we went to this bistro, Vice President Joe Biden was there, apparently enjoying a meal in an area adjacent to our table. We were seated promptly, but after that, the service went downhill. After waiting 10 minutes for the waiter to bring us water and take our order, we waited another 15 or 20 minutes before he reappeared to tell us one of the appetizers was not available. One appetizer was served then, but it took another 20 minutes before the second appetizer arrived - at the same time as the entrees (one lukewarm). No one came back to see if we needed more water, other services, or how the meal was. We had to wave the waiter down to get our check after the meal. Not a good experience!
- DougDined on 8/7/2014Good food but burger had to go back twice for a re cook and requested cheese on the waiters order was missed. Otherwise we were seated right on time and it was a very good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- as expectedDennisDined on 8/4/2014Tomato basil soup was tasty. New York strip was tender. Duck confit was rich. Wine list was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's the rush?AftonwanderersVIPDined on 8/4/2014We have dined here numerous times over the last few years. On this visit we felt rushed from the moment we were seated. Rushed to order, our food rushed to the table, dishes cleared the moment the last bite was taken, desert menus brought before everyone was finished eating, the check brought with desert, and then our server "hovering" to get payment. If they wanted to turn over the tables, it worked, as they had us out in just over an hour. Why the rush?
- loved this experienceSwan53Dined on 8/3/2014We waited a bit, but it was worth it-outdoors!We had a wheelchair in our party and had to walk around the restaurant but even still, it was great! Food and drink were excellent!Special Features:
- AlieneAlieneDined on 7/29/2014We were in the Jackson, Wy, area for our 25th wedding anniversary. Our fly fishing guide recommended Rendezvous Bistro for our anniversary dinner. We were not disappointed! Reservations were easy AND necessary. I noted it was our anniversary on the reservation and everyone from the hostess to the waiter to the owner made a point to congratulate us. The food was FABULOUS. I had the Korean Chicken and my husband had the venison. The grilled Caesar and mushroom soup were superb. It was hard to decide what to order because everything on the menu was unique and looked so good. The price was very reasonable for this type of cuisine. I would highly recommend Rendezvous Bistro for a superb dining experience.Special Features:
- PretentiousWilliamDined on 7/24/2014Restaurant was highly recommended on many sites. Could not be by anyone who knows how to cook. This chef thinks he is a chemist and by throwing ingredients together he will get a perfect reaction. Only problem is that does not work. In New Jersey or NYC he would be looking for Chef Ramsey in 6 months to help him understand that flavor is missing in his food or be out of business. I cannot understand that a Caesar salad has to have the romaine flash fired on a grill to get a smokey flavor. Really!
- Delicious, Extraordinary ServicekreviewerDined on 7/21/2014Eclectic menu. Everything ordered (5 persons, 2 and 3 courses) was excellent. The service was the best we've ever had - even at 5 star, exclusive restaurants. Water glasses were never empty, visits to check on our needs were frequent but unobtrusive. It was really quite exceptional. I wish I had the name of the woman who served our table!Special Features:
- Always good!BuckeyeDined on 7/20/2014The Bistro is always on our list of places to eat when we come to Jackson nearly every year. Love to eat outside, but this time a rain storm prevented that pleasure. The food does not disappoint, but sometimes they seem to push the courses out too fast. It is always too loud for my taste, but the food makes it worth it! Delicious!Special Features:
- Rendevous with 6.5familyof7Dined on 7/18/2014Food was very good but needed more variety on the kids menu. Definitely was a local hotspot which in my book is a good thing. Delicious wine and beautiful patio. Service was great table was ready as soon as we arrived and the waiter was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!356tubDined on 7/17/2014One of my very favorite restaurants in Jackson. Excellent menu and service. Love the Tuna tartare appetizer and the scallops are my all time favorite.Special Features:
- Disappointing experienceFrohegastDined on 7/17/2014Our 7pm reservation made us one of the first tables seated. But after ordering, something went wrong when we waited an hour for our food while all around us were being served. Our waiter simply ignored us, finally assuring us he had talked to the kitchen and our food would be right out. When it arrived, the dish with favs beans had none! We pointed that out and the waiter said you are right. At the end of the meal, he said the chef acknowledged there were no favs beans! That's it - no explanation or adjustment. Ll in all a. Dry disappointing experience for someone who has been there numerous times.
- high consistencydriggsdinerDined on 7/16/2014Have dined at the Bistro many times over the past eight years and have always been pleased with the quality of the meals we have ordered. Last week's dinner was no exception to that rule. Highly recommend the updated version of fried calamari -- it is outstanding! and their bistro burger is delicious. Had mine minus the bread and with the house salad instead of fries. Would suggest expanding the gluten free options for those of us who need to get off the simple carb track. We arrived early, were seated promptly, had great service and enjoyed good food. What more could you want? Oh! The price was very reasonable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable MealsFromIL2dineDined on 7/16/2014We visit Jackson twice a year and make it a point to eat at Redezvous Bistro. They have an outstanding menu and there specials are fantastic. We always leave satisfied with our meal choices, but know we want to come back and try something else on the menu.Special Features:
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/7/2014I paid over $180 (includes taxes and a good tip) for two hamburgers (one was the wild boar), a main entree, two apps, a couple of beers and dessert. A soda is $3.75? Come on! For the prices, one should walk away from this place feeling very pleased with the food. I thought it was incredibly average. Sitting outside is great. People in Jackson really like the Bistro but I think it only does a few items really well and the rest are average. And again, for the price, ALL of the food should be fantastic!Special Features:
- Consistently greatRuthDined on 7/6/2014I'm a local and the bistro never disappoints. The outdoor patio has added a great option. The dining room can be loud and I find the patio a great option for a casual, quiter dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome romantic eveninggunzDined on 7/5/2014The place was nice and quiet with out kids screaming the food was good and our waitress was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new menu leaves me little to orderLovehistoricsavannahVIPDined on 7/5/2014I've been going to the bistro for 14 years. it's always been a favourite - until this year. there used to be so many things that sounded appealing on the menu, it was exciting to go, and I LOVED a few of the standard dishes. now everything has jalapeno or is way too ambitious for what this kitchen can deliver on. they've ruined the old favorites (asparagus wrapped in prosciutto with quail egg is now a few shaved bits of asparagus on a salad I've already forgotten; the duck confit now has unappetizing accompaniments.) I used to like the fish, which was simple but not boring, and delicious. they are trying way too hard and failing. I've gone twice in a row and left half my dinner over. it wasn't worth the calories.
- Not what it once was...JacksonJoeDined on 7/4/2014Took my wife and mother to dinner to celebrate Fourth of July. Upon being seated we noticed that the room was very dark. So we asked for a candle or lighting. We were offered flashlights and the comment that "they hear that a lot". Food was good but not great. Undercooked veggies, and developed a bad case of intestinal upset five minutes into the entre - bad Wild Mushrooms??
- Enjoyed our Dinner with FriendsnicetimeDined on 6/29/2014Thank you Sarah for an enjoyable early evening dinner. The food was great and I loved my scallops! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rghaDined on 6/27/2014A Jackson standby. Always reliable for a good meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not timely reservationsopentabledinerDined on 6/27/2014We waited 35 minutes past our scheduled and confirmed reservations. After twice bringing the delay to the attention of the Maitre d, he explained that it was the fault of Open Table not having their data "in synch" with the restaurants. Sounded pretty lame to me. After we were finally seated food and service were very good.I would recommend this to a friend.