380 S. US Hwy 89
Jackson Hole, WY 83001Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rendezvousbistro.net/
- Phone: (307) 739-1100
- Hours of Operation:
Open Tuesday-Saturday from 5:30pm - 10:00pm.
Happy Hour at the bar 5:30 - 6:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Joel Tate
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: In 2003 we attended to the requests of our customers by launching Bistro Catering and designing a 3000 square foot dedicated catering facility, the first of its kind in Jackson Hole. Bistro Catering is the full service catering division of Rendezvous Bistro. In the years since we have grown to accommodate virtually any size party, wedding or event. Our standard of excellence is the factor that makes us stand alone. From start to finish, the attention to detail that will make your event flawless.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room is perfect for a holiday celebration, office party or any group gathering.
- Private Party Contact: Erin Oda (307)733-5010x
A word from Rendezvous Bistro
In 2001 the opening of Rendezvous Bistro changed the face of dining in Jackson Hole. Offering a fun and lively atmosphere paired with the knowledgeable service you expect and serving tasty American Bistro fare. This spirit is still alive today. Warm hospitality and an excellent value bring locals and visitors alike flocking to "The Bistro", sometimes returning 3-4 times in a week. A place you come to see your neighbors, family and friends. Dine at the oyster bar, sit down for a casual dinner in the bar, or enjoy a three course experience in the dining room. A comprehensive and varied wine list and full bar are available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Rendezvous Bistro - Best Restaurants in Jackson ›
Rendezvous Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (55)special occasion (34)neighborhood gem (32)hot spot (32)good for groups (30)vibrant bar scene (26)notable wine list (23)great for outdoor dining (15)romantic (11)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (3)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great StaffAEatonDined on 11/19/2014The food was great, i really enjoyed the Throwback Menu. The waitor and hostess were very accomodating. And a big thank you to Ben Shanks for keeping the night memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noise leveljacksoniteDined on 11/11/2014Noise level was so much better because we ate earlier than usual, I guess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great once again!birdwatcherDined on 11/7/2014We love dining there and bringing back the spaetzle and braised red cabbage with the duck confit was perfect. As always, the scallops were excellent. Our waiter was a bit abrupt and maybe a little too casual but otherwise efficient and pleasant. We will definitely go back again before they eliminate the retro menu.Special Features:
- NewOldMenuDined on 11/6/2014I've lived in Jackson for close to 20 years, and have been to The Bistro several times, I would have to say I've never had a great meal there. My wife and I went again recently during a 2 for 1 Locals Special, with a blast from the past menu. Everything one the menu looked great, I had a hard time choosing. We both commented to each other how delicious our meals were. Keep the entire menu, we both loved the selection and had the best meal we've ever had at The Bistro!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro is not for me.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014Food was poor. Mussels were so gritty that my friend spit one back into the plate. He could not swallow it. New York Strips were hard to cut because of the gristle. Restaurant was so crowded and hot that the windows were steamed up. Should have cracked a window or door. Next time I will only order a burger.Special Features:
- pitadogVIPDined on 11/1/2014Scallops were outstanding! Service great. Fun atmosphere.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/1/2014Two-for-one season again -- but really, should the quality drop THIS much? noisy, crowded as always -- marginal service, and TERRIBLY tough, gristly sirloin (the special this particular Saturday night)
- Consistently GreatjacksonfoodiephantomVIPDined on 10/31/2014We always enjoy eating at Rendezvous Bistro. Always great on all accounts...food, service, ambience....always consistent. The new throw back menu is fabulous...what a great idea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off season specials RockRockinCandMDined on 10/31/2014Friday nights second entree for $2 was being donated to the local HS Booster Club and was a draw for us even living 50 miles away. Our server, Bubba, was outstanding and couldn't have been nicer. The Friday evening "daily special" was their Scallops which I have had before and is my absolute favorite scallops from any restaurant.Special Features:
- Remains a Jackson gemJacksonDinerDined on 10/21/2014Rendezvous Bistro is always busy, even in the off-season in this tourist / ski town. What that says is that the locals love it and patronize it regularly. And what that shows is that the food and service is well above average compared to a long list of restaurants available in and nearby to Jackson. Great food, good service, excellent wine choices, and just a without-fail wonderful dining choice and experience.Special Features:
- Majestic MeatloafOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014This was a recommendation from the hotel which delivered. The food outstanding, especially the meatloaf was excellent and I would highly recommend as this dish was super tasty. We had a lovely corner table to celebrate a birthday so we had some privacy in a rather busy and fun place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent service!sheriDined on 10/14/2014The Bistro's menu had an excellent variety including fish and vegetarian - wait staff is attentive and knowledgeable of menu ingredients and preparation. One of Jackson's Best!
- Everything superbOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/14/2014Had informed restaurant of special occasion on the reservation form. We were greeted by the manager who had the information, were seated at a great table, as requested. Food wonderful and service very attentive and friendly. Food is creative and expertly prepared.Special Features:
- My favorite356tubDined on 10/3/2014Always excellent! The Bistro is one of my favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceLisaFDined on 10/1/2014But not as good as usual - little disappointed in the time it took to get our luke warm food - was also hoping that since I booked the table a couple of days earlier that we would have had a better table than right by the entrance. This is place is one of our favorites and will continue to be but hopefully it was just an off night for them.Special Features:
- Always outstanding!JHBomberDined on 9/21/2014We have eaten here several times and always have great food and service and all at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not great.ChefMikeyDined on 9/19/2014The grilled Caesar salad was terrific. But, my wife had steak frites and the steak was chewy. I had the duck confit and it was dry. Good, but not great. Maybe it's because we had heard such great things.Special Features:
- Hype not overratedRwhatweeatDined on 9/18/2014Went after so many positive reviews. It did not disappoint. Service efficient but friendly, atmosphere full of happy diners and food was amazingly fresh, flavorful, and inventive. We really had a nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mehOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/14/2014Front house was fantastic, but the back of the house could step it up to keep with other bistro's and restaurants in town.
- SeatingzekeVIPDined on 9/13/2014This is a favorite restaurant of ours but it gets quite busy during the tourist seasons and often it seems like seating for your reservation is late - maybe 15 to 30 minutes late.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants in Jackson, we eat there every time we visit and it never disappoints! We arrived early for our reservation and decided to have a drink & some appetizers at the bar before dinner. It was happy hour (before 6:30) so all drinks were half price and we ordered pot stickers which were delicious and were I think $2 each. When we were ready, we were promptly seated and had a great waiter - very attentive & knowledgeable. I had the meat loaf and my husband had the trout - both were excellent.Special Features:
- One of Jackson's BestHoppyVIPDined on 9/6/2014We had a wonderful meal at Rendezvous on our last night in Jackson. The ambience was just what we needed after a long day of hiking. The service was excellent as was the food. We were very happy to have found this jewel in Wyoming!Special Features:
- indianloveDined on 9/6/2014The food was wonderful as usual, no surprises there, waiter was darling, loved him. We sat in the very back booth by deck entrance which is one of my favorite spots.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary!Ride2GiveDined on 9/5/2014We went here for our 10th Anniversary dinner and the staff made the experience amazing! The food was great, service was the best! Thank you, thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOakleaf1950VIPDined on 9/4/2014We dined at Rendezvous Bistro at the recommendation of the staff at the Rustic Inn. The food was average; the room, hot and noisy. Too many tables packed into the dining room. The Hawaiian fish I ordered was somewhat gummy, disguised with an assortment of toppings. The lighting was dim; I had to use my iPhone to read the menu. As with so much in Jackson Hole, it was overrated. The service was excellent, however.
- Off nightseniorcyclistDined on 9/4/2014We've been to the Rendezvous Bistro many times and always found it to be consistently very good. This night was a surprising disappointment. Veal shank was 80% fat, duck con fit was dry and gamy. Appetizers were ho-hum.Special Features:
- DisappointmentalpetDined on 9/1/2014We wrote a five-star review in all categories last year, but this time round I was stunned by the salt content in the salad dressing and the unmentionable creme brûlée. The rest of the meal--steak, croque madame, chop salad and wine--was terrific. But I couldn't even eat my salad and sent it back to the kitchen. The creme brûlée, also salty, but it's salted caramel, wasn't creme at all but a grainy sort of stiff pudding. We each had a bite and put down our spoons. On the other hand, the service was stellar, as usual. The waitress tried to make it right by offering other dishes to replace, but the mood was kind of down by then, so we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014food and service was great. much too noisy. too many tables packed in too close togetherSpecial Features:
- Dining in the dark!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2014Please turn on the lights so we can see the menu! Weirdest tasting ravioli I have ever had, tasteless trout. Very kind and attentive servers.
- Always a pleasureBakerdogsDined on 8/22/2014Dining here is an enjoyable experience whenever we go to Jackson. Food is excellent, as is service. We asked to share an entree and server did not bat an eye. Always appreciate that. Had mushroom soup, steak frites, and salted caramel crime brûlée--a lovely meal with diverse wine-by-glass selection. Highly recommend Rendezvous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but noisyDedicatedVIPDined on 8/19/2014Very creative menu with a large selection. Service is very good, attentive and dedicated to quickly turning tables over. Noise level is very high, partly due to the lack of soundproofing. Highly recommended for tourists.Special Features:
- Lazy Sloppy ServiceLocal22VIPDined on 8/19/2014We are local Jackson Hole residents and have been regular Bistro customers for many years. Knowing that it is the high tourist season, it was still a very disapointing experience. Like many other Jackson restaurants of the past, they are becoming the victims of their own success. To many customers, not enough help, and little attention to customer service equals a bad experience. Don't go unless you are looking for a crowded, impersonal, pedestrian experience. This time of year the Bistro is like a high-end McDonalds.
- Avoid the Veal MarsalaWyomingCowboyVIPDined on 8/19/2014We normally enjoy the Bistro, since the food is usually excellent, but not this time. The Veal Marsala was fatty and grissly...in fact I am not sure it was even veal since the texture was more like pot roast. Worst meal ever at the Bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu Too Exotic for UsPGA2065VIPDined on 8/16/2014Won't return to Rendezvous Bistro. Too many odd choices - we feel they are working too hard on being creative/unique and have let down diners who seek high quality but more recognizable food. If one orders Veal Marsala, one knows what it will generally be like. Their version is veal breast with "some fat inserted for flavor." What is Lamb Neck Souvlaki? And Cajun Fried Alligator does not tempt me. More fresh fish on the regular menu is needed; not just as daily specials. Ambience and service (and the bread) are still very good. But we won't return until the menu is changed to accommodate less exotic palates. (Oh, yes, there is roasted chicken and boring meatloaf, but I don't need to go to Rendezvous Bistro to get that.)Special Features:
- Pas malJeMangeDined on 8/15/2014The food was good. I felt like we were paying a premium for the atmosphere rather than the quality of the food. We went for my wife's birthday and they seated us at a table right in the middle of the entrance to the dining room so we were getting bumped non-stop by people walking by.Special Features:
- Remembered my preferencesDidknotDined on 8/13/2014On a previous comment I suggested they put in a particular liquor . They did and mentioned its availability when we were seated. Classy!Special Features:
- ConsistentYuminthetumDined on 8/12/2014The food at the Bistro is consistent, it is comforting to get what you expect. Our waitress was what made the meal so amazing attentive with casual suggestions and care~ Angelique . Good waitstaff is a rarity in Jackson, it is nice to be treated well when you dine out. Great music which seemed to keep everyone tapping their toes and enjoying the summer dining outside.Special Features:
- DisappointingFlavorificDined on 8/9/2014Perhaps it was just unfortunate timing, but the night we went to this bistro, Vice President Joe Biden was there, apparently enjoying a meal in an area adjacent to our table. We were seated promptly, but after that, the service went downhill. After waiting 10 minutes for the waiter to bring us water and take our order, we waited another 15 or 20 minutes before he reappeared to tell us one of the appetizers was not available. One appetizer was served then, but it took another 20 minutes before the second appetizer arrived - at the same time as the entrees (one lukewarm). No one came back to see if we needed more water, other services, or how the meal was. We had to wave the waiter down to get our check after the meal. Not a good experience!
- DougDined on 8/7/2014Good food but burger had to go back twice for a re cook and requested cheese on the waiters order was missed. Otherwise we were seated right on time and it was a very good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- as expectedDennisDined on 8/4/2014Tomato basil soup was tasty. New York strip was tender. Duck confit was rich. Wine list was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.