Renault Winery Gourmet Restaurant
72 N. Bremen Avenue
Egg Harbor City, NJ 08215Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Renault Winery Gourmet Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.renaultwinery.com/
- Phone: 6099652111
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm; Sunday: 4:30pm - 7:30pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joseph DeGennaro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment on Friday & Saturday nights.
A word from Renault Winery Gourmet Restaurant
Dinner at the Gourmet Restaurant at Renault is an event to remember. The innovative menu invites diners to choose one of six exquisitely prepared entrees, while the executive chef complements their meals with the evening’s special appetizer, homemade soup, pasta, ice-cold sorbet intermezzo, gourmet salad and two wine samplings, adding an element of adventure and surprise. Two wine samplings also come with your meal. Renault Gourmet offers a full bar of beer, wine and spirits. For those who like to indulge their taste buds with Sunday brunch, the Gourmet Restaurant at Renault does not disappoint. Visitors are offered a choice between twelve to sixteen brunch entrees, ranging from popular egg dishes to quiche to tenderloin tips. While their entrées are being individually prepared, diners are free to enjoy an extravagant buffet of homemade pastries, fine cheeses, fresh salads, pastas, a carving station and desserts under the gazebo.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Renault Winery Gourmet Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (13)special occasion (13)great for brunch (11)notable wine list (7)good for groups (5)fit for foodies (3)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)neighborhood gem (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Brunch Not Worth ItOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We did the sunday brunch at Renault Gourmet. The food was average at best. I guess you are paying an extra $10 for the ambience. The omelet station was the best part of the brunch. Next to the omelet station was roast beef carving that was dry and tough. I did not eat mine.The blueberry wine and sangria that was self serve and came with your brunch. It was a joke. If you buy it from the bar, it is totally different and real wine/champagne. It cost $6, and jack/coke $7 (tiny glass). Overall we had a good time with family, but definitely not the quality I would except from Renault naming it "Gourmet". Not coming back for brunch, maybe try Josephs next time.Special Features:
- mgOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Had no real handicap access, needed to get wheelchair from hotel then bartender pushed wheelchair up steep incline then did same leaving, should have elevator Nice day other then that, played a round of golf while others went to casino in ACSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BunchgreggVIPDined on 8/10/2014Not close to the best bunch around, would not go back for it . Really not worth the money.Special Features:
- Brunch was a let downNorthDined on 8/10/2014We had a party of 5 with a special guest from Turks and Caicos for brunch. We had dinners here, before, and were never disappointed. The brunch was not up to par. We didn't like the lay out. We thought all breakfast items should have been in one area and the lunch items in another. The pastry items were really awful. The small eclairs were lacking any cream filling. The other items were also tasteless. The lunch items were better. The waffles were good. The blueberry champagne and sangria were a nice touch. The server was very attentive. Over all we had a nice time but we feel the charge was a bit high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TomSheafferDined on 8/9/2014Originally, this was to be a four-course meal so we were disappointed in the change to a buffet format, but we were given advance notice the day before. For a buffet, the selections were many and food was very good. It's just that "Gourmet" and "Buffet" don't go together.Special Features:
- Dinner ExperienceCC22Dined on 8/9/2014We were disappointed as we were expecting the restaurants 3 course dinner menu. Apparently just about 2 weeks prior, according to our server, they discontinued their regular menu & served a buffet instead. According to the employees there, that night was to be the last they were open for dinner. They are only going to continue with Sunday brunch going forward. While the Sunday brunch has been excellent in my past experience, The dinner buffet was mediocre at best. There was no notification of this change on the Renault website ,even the sign by the entrance door still boasted a 3 course dinner. We were not made aware of the change until after we ordered our drinks.Had we known in advance we would have gone to Joseph's. Disappointing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014WE have been there many times for brunch as well as Saturday night dinners we have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014I originally made my reservation for 6, then changed it to 4 and a few hours before changed it back to 6. There was no problem, the table was waiting and the staff was very friendly. Our server was attentive. Waffles were offered, but when ordered they were out- brunch was until 2 and it was 12:30. That was disappointing especially because the seating was not full and another suggestion was not offered.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great brunchwinendine2dayDined on 7/6/2014Very good food. Need to change up the wines that are served. Seems to be the same all the time. Seated us next to the buffet superhighway. There is a opening that funnels people from an adjacent room and puts them almost in your lap. Very little privacy. Felt like we were having brunch with 30 strangers. This should be fixed. Otherwise it was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jojojojoDined on 7/6/2014We had brunch at the restaurant many times and always loved it. They were the only brunch where you ordered your entree and then picked other food from the buffet. It was WONDERFUL. Now they have changed it and they are like all other brunches. You pick your food from the buffet. Please bring back the other way.
- Not worth the driveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014A brunch buffet in the center of this small gazebo-like area. No one knew which end to start or finish and this left you constantly trying to navigate through others diners. Awkward. The champagne is added to a punch concoction served in miniature (tiny) classes. We asked for a glass of their blueberry champagne and paid extra for that per glass. This champagne was very good and we enjoyed it very much. Good Food -roast beef, steak and eggs (pay extra for this), waffles. Bad Food - omelettes, pasties, bagels like cardboard. Pasta and chicken, not great. Gourmet Restaurant? Maybe that only applies to their dinner menu, anyway I won't be finding out. Don't go on a hot summer day. They had the air conditioning either off or all the way down.
- DisappointedDCEHDined on 6/8/2014We had brunch before and really loved it. This time however I was actually quite disappointed. Although the restaurant was not busy, we were put at a table very close to other tables which made us all feel very bunched together and crowded. There was clearly room to spread people out for comfort. The buffet was not as nice as it had been a year before, some of the food was pretty over cooked, and there was only one meat at the carving table. Also, even though the price was the same, we were not given the option to chose an entree from the menu which had always been the case previously. Overall, I went in thinking this would be a tradition, to spend our anniversary having this brunch. When I left, that thought had left my head completely.Special Features:
- Great BrunchTomBobDined on 6/8/2014Their brunch has lots of options and is a great way to start a Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bricktowneatoutfrombricktownDined on 5/31/2014We love going for our anniversary but great for any time. Dinner music was great. Our server was nice and dinner was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Place for CelebrationsMegustaDined on 5/24/2014The winery is in an out-of-the-way location that feels special. The restaurant is charming with great food & wine selections. The service has always been excellent. We have been making the trip for special celebration occasions for the last 5 years and always say to ourselves afterwards, that was very pleasant - we'll do it again!Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant!LisaLisa06Dined on 5/18/2014My boyfriend & I went here for brunch & it was such a beautiful restaurant! It was decorated beautifully & was very romantic too! The food setup was good & the service was awesome. We'll be going here again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem of a restaurantDiscerningDinerDined on 5/11/2014Seven people were in our party, and all thoroughly enjoyed the beautiful ambiance, delicious food, and superior service we received at the Gourmet restaurant at Renault Vineyards. We had the inclusive three course lunch, which was priced very reasonably for a restaurant of this caliber. I had a taste of everyone's entree and all were superb. Soft live piano music rounded out afabulous experience all around. This is a "do not miss" restaurant for any foodie or fine dining lover. I only wish I didn't live so far away.Special Features:
- Good but used to be much bettertrnjjohnDined on 5/3/2014In the past the restaurant used to serve 6 courses and give more wine samples. Now its 4 courses and only 1 wine sample. I'd rather pay a little more and get a little more. I was also disappointed that a shrimp and crab appetizer included only one shrimp and less than a teaspoon of crab meat. Although the atmosphere is nice, the food tastes good, and the service is great, its just not as special as it used to be. I probably wont go back again. Maybe I'll try Joseph's some time instead.Special Features:
- The following 62 reviews are from the Renault Winery Gourmet Restaurant reviews archive.
- sorrowful easter dinnerluv2eatDined on 4/20/2014From start to finish due to slow kitchen it took 2 1/2 hours for our meal....which obviously was prepared hours earlier. The shrimp was as if it were dried fruit. No flavor. Rice extremely over cooked. Pasta warm at best. Had to beg anyone for even a roll basket. Terrible and initially I made arrangements for the buffet and here it was inside. OK....but never again.
- EligantbunnyDined on 4/20/2014The service was outstanding and the piano in the background set the scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch was very good!Givens918Dined on 4/6/2014We are having our wedding there so we wanted to try out some of the food - the brunch didn't disappoint! The made to order omelts were very good and fast...a few minute wait.
- All the Elements of PerfectionWaterman25Dined on 4/5/2014Our first experience at this restaurant and I am not a gourmet but we wanted something special and boy did we find it. It seems old world, elegant but not stuffy. The food was just perfect. Prior to dinner, I had a private talk with our waitress about wine. The she worked with the staff to provide us exactly what each person wanted. They had samples which I did not try. As we ate, a singer with the best voice I have heard, Jennifer Camillo, sang and it seemed like a dream. My wife was so pleased and our daughter and her husband really enjoyed themselves. My wife sat in the flared wicker back chair making her the special person. We will definitely return with guest and enjoy this food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMandyDined on 4/5/2014Went for a romantic dinner and was disappointed. The service was so slow and it was very empty. The food was ok and the drink special "cherry bomb" was terrible. We would not go back again especially for the prices.
- My Birthday Brunchdiane1492Dined on 3/30/2014We were a party of 3 women over 50 on March 30, 2014. The food was very good. We ordered Eggs Benedict and it was prepared to our specifications. We enjoyed the buffet with salads, cheeses, additional sides, etc. There was a variety of desserts as well. I am not really a dessert person but I did have the cream puffs. The outside was a bit crunchy and there was very little cream inside. I would not recommend them. I also did have the apple dessert which I enjoyed. We also had the blueberry champagne punch which was very enjoyable! We all enjoyed so much that we all purchased 2 bottle each of the blueberry champagne at the gift shop. The dining music enjoyable however the music did not match the venue. We are big on that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okayjoecDined on 3/15/2014We were not pleased with the limited selection of entrees or the inability to make even the smallest changes to customize the food to our individual taste. Would not eat here again.Special Features:
- The whole packageBirthdaysurpriseDined on 3/15/2014I recommend taking in the whole package. We did the tour, the tasting and the dinner. Everything was first class. The food is not for the plain eater though. You have to be willing to try new things. There are about 5 main dishes to chose from. Usually you can find the menu on the website. Reservations were easy to make on-line or by phone. The entire staff is very accommodating. Even the entertainment was good. The singer was great; not too loud not to soft. Her selection was varied for all ages.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good TimesLbHunterDined on 3/9/2014My husband and I had brunch here this past weekend. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was charming and delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Service Not SuchLoisDined on 3/8/2014This was our second time here and we did not realize it was the last night of Atlantic City Restaurant Week. Our food was good and nicely presented but our waitress was either overbooked or had other issues. My husband had cioppino and I had shrimp and crab bucatini. Appetizers were a crab cake for him with fennel slaw but it was fried. I had a shrimp and crab cocktail. We both had desserts and we believe they were from an outside source not homemade. Excellent busboy. What killed it for is was the nearly 30 minute wait for our check. We finally took the bill with us and paid it at the hostess stand. We were never offered a second cup of coffee. No cell service. Food good, service not. No fruit desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite place to enjoyAmpmDined on 2/22/2014My new favorite place to enjoy something out of the norm!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Renault is my absolute favoriteKarenDined on 2/15/2014Renault is my absolute favorite place for specialty dining. This evening was an exception. My filet was not cooked to my taste. I ordered it well done. I suggested that it should be butterflied so that it would be cooked through. It was not. I did send it back, and I assumed that I would get the same steak back cooked more well done. However, I received another filet cooked even less than the first. I ate a few bites, and took the rest home for someone else to eat it. It was so very disappointing because it is my very favorite place to eat and because it was so costly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Very good food and music expensive but you get what you pay forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made it romantic but no ambienceSweetT0913Dined on 2/14/2014Went to this restaurant for valentine's day - made reservation for 9pm and were seated 30mins later. The bar had horrible service - seems the bartenders were rattled by the amount of guests and didn't attend to us well. We sat for 10mins just waiting for a menu to order. Our waiter was fabulous and really sweet. Gave us complimentary wine and presented my girlfriend with flowers to the table which I ordered before dinner. I was glad to find out that sending flowers to the restaurant via opentable was from local florists. They had a singer which did a couple of nice sets, we even got in a dance in the middle of a mostly elderly crowd I was glad we did we got to be ourselves and no one bothered us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor serviceValantinesdayDined on 2/14/2014Charging for gourmet service and not delivering anything is disappointing. We had gone there years ago and the service and food was much better. Save your money, this place is a total rip off.
- Wonderful eveningLoriannDined on 2/14/2014This is the second year we have spent valentines day at Renault and will go again! We dined earlier this year and we did not wait at all our reservations were 630 and we were seated immediately. Last year it was 8 and we waited about 30 min . But it is def worth the wait !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the Sunday Brunch.Elbee7Dined on 2/9/2014Enjoyed the Sunday Brunch. Some interesting and tasty items on the buffet, but served entree egg dishes (except Crab Eggs Benedict) we average at best. Blueberry Champagne & hot May Wine were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchMisterEDined on 2/2/2014Went to Sunday Brunch. Nice selection of main courses and deserts. Very relaxed atmosphere. I will go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding1210VIPDined on 1/19/2014It is difficult to find the words to describe out recent dinner here. The food was other worldly and the kitchen more than willing to accommodate any special needs. Our server was simply topnotch and one of those servers who make you want to come back all by him/her self. Side booths are romantic if that is what you are seeking, however the entire restaurant has a wonderful atmosphere. Can't wait to return even knowing that the wine portion of the experience is not what we would like.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerluvmydinnerDined on 1/19/2014The first thing my husband and I noticed was the ambiance of the restaurant. It is very romantic and decorated beautifully. The food was absolutely delicious and our waiter was so nice and never kept us waiting. We will definitely return and will recommend it to our family and friends. We especially loved the booth we were in. It was very private for conversation and the overhead music was wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch first time was betterPlate2palateDined on 1/19/2014This was our second time here . The first time was amazing the buffet was to die for and our meals were just as good . Our second time we brought my parents and the buffet again was great but the first time was still better : really disappointed with our meals -dads was dry , my frittatia was literally not edible burnt and dried out and no cheese we had to send it back . My husbands steak and eggs was a joke the tiniest piece of steak ever we actually thought it was a joke ! It was over cooked and he ordered it medium rare ! We will give it another shot because the first time was so great .Special Features:
- Dining Delightgrp6dineDined on 1/17/2014We had a party of six and enjoyed the relax feeling. The service was well-time and friendly. Our group enjoyed the food and I would definitely recommend it for the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.