p2b bistro & bar - Renaissance Vancouver Harbourside Hotel
1133 West Hastings Street
Vancouver, BC V6E 3T3Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: CAN$30 and under
p2b bistro & bar - Renaissance Vancouver Harbourside Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.p2bbistro.com/
- Phone: (604) 691-2777
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:30am; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: 6:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: Kevin Greehy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room for up to 30 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Frederic Louvet/Bogdan Anton 6046899211x2282
A word from p2b bistro & bar - Renaissance Vancouver Harbourside Hotel
p2b bistro & bar is a modern, upscale-casual bistro emphasizing fresh, local, and sustainable ingredients used to deliver simply prepared, chef crafted food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
p2b bistro & bar - Renaissance Vancouver Harbourside Hotel - Best Restaurants in Coal Harbour ›
p2b bistro & bar - Renaissance Vancouver Harbourside Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (7)great for lunch (6)romantic (5)special occasion (5)fit for foodies (5)great for outdoor dining (3)good for groups (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2014Excellent food. Outstanding service. Had a delightful white salmon with chanterelle mushrooms, fingering potatoes and broccoli. Portion size was perfect. Not too big - not too small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice findChesterfieldVIPDined on 10/24/2014You wouldn't expect such a nice Bistro in a hotel but p2b is an exception. Not only was the food very good, the service was personal and professional. The setting is also quite nice. We'll be back.Special Features:
- SUPERLATIVE DINNERSuperbVIPDined on 9/20/2014This lovely restaurant is in a beautiful setting with views of the water between lush greenery/gardens and waterfront buildings. The food was superlative as was the service from Lulzim. We started with a chef's salad, large enough to share - very fresh greens and light tasty dressing. One of us had Sablefish perfectly prepared, very fresh and artistically presented. The other had the special fish platter with a good variety of fish and seafood, also well prepared and presented. The entire dining experience was Superlative and worthy of repeating on our next trip to Vancouver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceLunchinLawyerDined on 9/3/2014I work around the corner and went for lunch with some of my family. The view was appreciated, and we were well-taken care of by the staff. The food was excellent. Both food and service were on par with other good hotel restaurants in the neighbourhood, which has a pretty high standard. The restaurant could use a decor update (carpets, etc.) to bring it up to the level of the hotel lobby, as well as other venues in the neighbourhood. I will definitely go again.Special Features:
- unexpected good foodoiffieVIPDined on 9/2/2014reasonably priced, friendly staff, quiet ambiance , great for girls chat or business dinner!Special Features:
- Fantastic ServiceFoodieVIPDined on 8/14/2014Fantastic Service! Looking forward to coming back for your 2 for 22 lunch special! Thank you accommodating us last night. Cheers!
- Query on "2 for 22"Carver123Dined on 7/29/2014We were misleaded by the "2 for 22". Our understanding was: order 2 entrees for the cost of $22 with included 2 coffee and cheese bread. So we order 2 entrees and 2 daily soup, 1 tea and 1 beer, which we expected to pay $22 + 2 daily soups at $8 + 1 beer + tax. However the bill charged us is 2 entrees at $22 each + 1 beer + tax. We asked our waiter but he said the "2 for 22" means a soup and a entrée, NOT 2 entrée! Your menu is "two courses"; does it means "2 entrees" or "1 daily soup and 1 entrée"! We are not happy as instead of 2 persons with 2 entrees at $11 each person we ended us to pay $22 each person's entrée!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 19 reviews are from the p2b bistro & bar - Renaissance Vancouver Harbourside Hotel reviews archive.
- Great food, view, and serviceAlanDined on 7/19/2014Great food, view, and service was outstanding. WE like to eat downtown outside with a view, and on the misty rainy day this was theperfect spot with its glass ceiling, and peek-a-boo view of Coal Harbour. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great experience...foodieVIPDined on 5/30/2014The house made spinach ricotta gnocchi was surprisingly good, perhaps because it was pan fried. My daughter really like the mushroom cream sauce. The beef and the lamb we had were also really tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service & foodFoodieVIPDined on 5/18/2014This restaurant is great. not busy, so quick service and tasty food. enough space between the table, so give some what privacy if you want quiet dinner. also, lovely glass window brighten the dinning area. presentation and portion of food was just okay,,,.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the gnocchiSkookumchompDined on 3/28/2014Both of us agreed that the gnocchi appy was the best gnocchi we have ever had... beautiful sauce with lots of mushrooms. We also loved our entrees.. duck breast (yummy with orange sauce) and tenderloin perfectly cooked medium rare. Trying to think of something to criticize. It's very quiet. I think if more people knew about the gnocchi it would be more popular. We want to go back just for that as a main entree (comes in two sizes). This place was a real surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View, Short on FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014It was a typical fine dining experience but the actual food did not match what the restaurant was going for. We got the duck and it was decent and I felt that it could of been compared to a regular Chinese buffet. The Rib Eye was definitely a disappointment. I'm not sure why the restaurant serves the rib eye on a skillet but it definitely ended up being overcooked and dry (medium rare) over the course of eating the meal.Special Features:
- Good food, high price.BobEatsDined on 2/1/2014Food was good, but way too expensive for what it was. Service was friendly, but way too slow. Loved our server but he had too many tables.Special Features:
- Fantastic food.WondefulDined on 1/29/2014Wonderful service. The waiter was friendly and courteous. Ready at our beck and call. Always had a smile on which was more than appreciated! Food was well presented. Looked too good to eat. However, the steak wasn't up to it's expectations. Although it was ordered medium rare, parts of the steak was too rare for my boyfriend to eat. The seafood trio was delectable. Wonderful pea risotto. Would order it again! White chocolate creme brulee is definitely a must try. I couldn't stop eating it. According to my boyfriend, it is world famous and for good reason too! So goooood. Because it's connected to the hotel, it definitely had a hotel like feeling which I personally didn't enjoy. However, my boyfriend didn't mind it at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but slowchocopearDined on 1/27/2014The service was quite slow as we waited almost 30 minutes between each course even though it wasn't very busy night. The ambiance is very nice, can just see the harbor from the window although due to the restaurant being on the lobby level, the view is obstructed by a bunch of houses across the street. The restaurant is very small, in the back of the lobby only separated by some decor. The server was nice and polite and it was quiet. I had the steak and asked for medium rare but it was more close to well done. It was nice, quiet dinner but the food wasn't superb although I really enjoyed their peach tart.Special Features:
- Will not be going back.AshybashyDined on 1/18/2014I was looking forward to my P2B experience and figured it would be up to par with most fine dining establishments. For the price, you'd assume the food would be at least better than a chain (moxies, cactus club, earls etc.) But that was not the case. Perhaps it was because of the selected Dine Out Vancouver menu... but either way, it was no excuse. I ordered pan fried gnocchi, which literally tasted like garlic french fries. My partner ordered the sea food trio, and the salmon portion (which was the largest of the trio) was too awful to have more than one bite of. The salmon ruined the dish and demanded a drink to wash it down/out. Additionally, their overall limited and overpriced drink menu was disappointing.Special Features:
- The restaurent is very modern.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/27/2011The restaurent is very modern. It suits people of all ages. The food was good. The service was very good. The waiters were very friendly. My favorate was the Bread. It was so good. They even provided the recipe for you to take home. The apple pie and ice cream was posted on the dov menu but the menu at the restaurent did not have it. When I asked the waiter about it. He checked with the manager and gave me the apple pie without me having to debate about it.Special Features:
- Very good dinner. A bonusOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/25/2011Very good dinner. A bonus was the recipe for the delicious bread. Restaurant very accommodating re. incraesing size of the party with only a few hours notice. Everyone had the hangar steak on the 'Dine Out Vancouver 2011' menu - all done perfectly to preferences. Nice variety of choices for courses. Menu items on regular menu also looked very good. Nice choices of BC wines. Would recommend restaurant to others.
- We all enjoyed the ChristmasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/25/2010We all enjoyed the Christmas Day buffet dinner very much. Lots of choices of lovely foods.Special Features:
- Service was great! EmersonOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/6/2010Service was great! Emerson was very attentive and helpful, providing great food and wine suggestions. The room is very open, tables are a bit tight, but it wasn't busy so it was easy to maneuver around tables and chairs. The mussels appetizers was very filling and delicious. Our tenderloin steaks were perfectly done. We had the Pascal Toso malbec, as suggested, and it paired very well with our dinner. It is a on the pricy side, but kind of expected from a hotel outlet, even though they say they're a 'bistro'. There weren't a whole lot of bistro like dishes, which was a little disappointing.Special Features:
- This is a very typical "hotel"OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/23/2010This is a very typical "hotel" type eatery. The food was good, but the atmosphere was "cavernous". There's a great little deck - but on the north facing side of the hotel, and probably only gets minimal sunshine.Special Features:
- We weren't sure what to expectOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/9/2010We weren't sure what to expect as we'd never heard of the restaurant before, however we were pleasantly surprised by the experience there. We ordered a selection of different food and were more than impressed by the quality of the food, portions were a medium size, absolutely loved the navajo bread that they bring you with the chutney, however the bread is better with butter, we will say ;)The view basically consists of two high rise buildings with a bit of water, service was good and we would come back again.Special Features:
- food was awesome with veryOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/1/2010food was awesome with very good service...they allowed me to exchange the appetizer from the dine out menu after it was brought to the table
- The duck breast was very goodsamplerVIPDined on 2/28/2010The duck breast was very good and my wife enjoyed her burger. Our server was new, just her third shift, so while very friendly and pleasant, she was unable to provide food or wine recommendations based on experience. We had decided to split a salad and have separate entrees. There was a fairly long wait and when she came by to let us know it would be just a few more minutes, we asked if we could have our salad. She said that was ready and she could bring it right away (which she did). She apologized and said that since we were splitting it, she thought we wanted it with our entree. Not sure why she would think that, except inexperience. By the way, the hostess was very cheerful and accommodating and gave us a great view table.Special Features:
- nice place and very good services.jakovVIPDined on 12/31/2009nice place and very good services. nice everything except food. they have a very limited dinner menu. i had crab cake and lamb chop. crab cake was good but a little on the oily side. lamb chop was disaster. it was tasty but extremely hard to cut it. they did give me a sharp knife and i still could not cut the meat off the bones. i gave up and left.
- We so loved it. The ChristmasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/25/2009We so loved it. The Christmas buffet was both delicious and gourmet. Our kids loved it! Thank you so much, p2B bistro!Special Features: