1657 Hancock Street
Quincy, MA 02169Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.remicksquincy.com/
- Phone: 6174811010
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 1:00am.
Open for private events 7 days a week, call for information.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Beer Garden, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Remick's
Remick's restaurant highlights a fresh approach to traditional food and atmosphere with a distinct nod to Quincy’s historic past. With a stylish bistro atmosphere, Remick’s brings back a bit of old Quincy with historic murals and artwork complementing the modern design. Natural woods, leather and fabrics add to the comfortable atmosphere. The cuisine, a blend of old-style comfort foods mixed with familiar contemporary dishes, uses only the freshest, highest-quality ingredients. The press and public agree - Remick’s has become a welcome addition to Quincy’s new downtown renaissance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Remick's reviews from OpenTable diners
- Exceptional FoodIrishVIPDined on 6/8/2013We very much enjoyed dinner this past Saturday evening. Waitress was a delight. Food was absolutely delicious -- we had the cod oreganato and the steak frites. Both dishes were perfect. Nice wine list at reasonable prices. Looking for fine dining in Quincy? This is the place to go!! OpenTable needs to update the menu posted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a group of 10, accommodatedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013Had a group of 10, accommodated nicely. The food was really nice. We had their famous wings and the Irish nachos, both were very well received. Our entrees ranged from pasta, burgers, fish dishes and a beef short rib dinner. The only dinner that did not get a big thumbs up was the salmon. Our waitstaff was lovely and attentive. The bar was a bit wobbly, but we managed. Overall, we really enjoyed Remick's and would definitely go back!Special Features:
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Went here the day after valentines day for a romantic dinner. Made reservation and when we got there we saw there was no need. At 8pm on a Friday you would have thought you were there at 3pm on a Tuesday. We sat down ordered drinks (the waittress forgot mine and had to come back and ask what it was). We ordered an appetizer of calamari, which got switched with another tables who ordered theres in garlic sauce, ours was traditional, so they had to re make both orders. eventually it came, the calamri was crispy but lacking flavor, and marinara sauce was in short supply. For entrees my date and I both ordered Steak tips. They came with a fair amount of sides, but were charred on the outside a bit, and again lacking any stand out flavorSpecial Features:
- Probably not for vegetariansDenverDivaDined on 2/15/2013Very limited menu for vegetarians. The food itself was delicious.Special Features:
- Was dissapointed with food.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2013Was dissapointed with food. Always hearing good things about it. It wasnt bad, but we had expected great things from reputation. My wife and I don't often get out by ourselves, so we had our hopes up. Server was friendly and attentive, but menu was a bit new to her so she couldn't speak to specifics. Good portions. Calamari appetizer was ok, just not delicious. I thought the short rib would be really good, prepared by a skilled chef, but it tasted a lot like something I'd make at home. My wife got a burger and she said it was fine. They give two pickles with the burger, so I was able to grab one. Excellent! The best pickle I've had in a while. We'll go back and try one more time and try some other items.
- The meatloaf sandwich wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The meatloaf sandwich was great, while the country fried chicken was ok. But the buffalo chicken dip was too cheesy. Other than that everything was great.Special Features:
- When Remick's food is goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013When Remick's food is good it is very good, some of the best in Quincy, but when we went on Valentine's day they struggled with restaurant management issues. First, their parking lot wasn't plowed. When we got there at 7:30 looking forward to their delicious short ribs, they were all out. The couple next to us recommended the cod. My husband ordered that and I got a shrimp dish. We shared a delicious salad, and great cocktails but waited nearly an hour for our entree. The waitress was kind and apologetic and we appreciated that. When the food arrived, mine was delicious but my husbands portion was small and disappointing. Remicks has great food. I hope they can work through their other issues.Special Features:
- went there for Valentine's.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013went there for Valentine's. Good crowd and atmosphere. Our server couldn't make any good recommendations since she was vergetarian and had not tried their new menu, but she mopre than made up for it by being attentive and getting our meal to us quickly. She even chnaged one of the side of our entrees at no x-tra cost.Special Features:
- To keep it short and sweet,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/5/2013To keep it short and sweet, I would not return or recommend. Our waitress was rude and unhelpful, they have no wine/beer list and she didn't even know what was on tap. The food was also poor, Calamari was obviously frozen and resembled rubber bands. Cod Entree was undercooked and chicken had a strange taste to it as well.
- Remick's maintains its identityOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/4/2013Remick's maintains its identity crisis. The food and ambiance are fantastic. The service and bar scene seem imported from a sports bar though. I was here most recently with another couple and while we thoroughly enjoyed our meal and drinks, an hour into the evening the waitress kept trying to bring us our bill (you would think she would have gotten the hint when we declined it the first time). If she hadn't pushed the check on us, we probably would have enjoyed at least another two rounds of cocktails. The restaurant was about 1/3 full, so we weren't occupying a needed table. This great spot is definitely losing money on poor service.Special Features:
- My eggplant was not good andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2012My eggplant was not good and the prime rib sliders were not good either. I tried my friends meat pasta and it was fair.
- Remick's... not a bad spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/30/2012Remick's... not a bad spot if you're in Quincy and don't want to make the drive into Boston. The food was great. I had the porkchop... delicious, moist, tender. Service... not so much. It took my party of 4 about 45 minutes to get 4 waters (and there were only 2 other tables sitting on the 'dining room' side of the restaurant. There is no beer/wine list, so you have to hope that your waitress can remember everything they have... ours could not. It's okay though. In the end, it's one of the nicer dining options in Quincy.
- I really want to like thisjgsmommaDined on 11/16/2012I really want to like this place, but each time we've come there's been an issue. The first time they had no dessert. Like none. No options. Then this second time the hostess had quit, so all the servers were running around trying to cover (god bless them). The apps we ordered were bland at best, and the one thing I was looking forward to, the chicken wings, they didn't have the special sauce! Disappointing. I don't know if I'll try this place again.
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/5/2012I feel that this place has really gone down hill since it first opened. I was so excited to have a more high end restaurant without having to go to Boston unfortunately that is no longer the case. I hope they can get things together over there but I don't plan on going back anytime soon. Sad..
- Remicks --A great Quincy RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/3/2012Remick's is a wonderful find in Quincy Center .... great drinks and menu, too. The service was excellent --- and the nite we were there they had 50 cent oysters. Yum! Definitely worth checking out. Great for anytime or for special occassions.Special Features:
- Made a reservation for 4 onOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/23/2012Made a reservation for 4 on Sunday. Got there and the doors were still closed at 3:58. When we got in we were sat and started deciding.. then a few minutes later the waitress told us they were expecting a large party and the kitchen won't open until 5. I'm at a loss.
- Service was great. WaitressOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2012Service was great. Waitress was great. Great ambiance.
- After getting my online reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2012After getting my online reservation confirmation I thought I would be all set to try a new dining experience with my daughter for her birthday.But, when we got there the door was locked with no one insight. We ended up at another spot down the road, very cozy, extremely great serviceand awesome food, a place we will most definitly visit again. Remicks...I'll not waste my time.
- Not sure what to say hereDocandProfDined on 7/8/2012Went on a Sunday night. Place was very quiet (4 other diners) $.50 mussels---they were all out. I realize that it was a Sunday night, so this review may sound negative. People watching was non-existent. We had a great meal though.
- Having been around the culinaryFranVIPDined on 6/29/2012Having been around the culinary scene in Quincy, the high end go to has been Fat Cat. My experience at Remick's exceeds the experiences have had at Fat Cat. While I do recommend both, Remick's has more variety and more space. Excellent quality, service, pace, appetizers, value for the quality. We will be back. Support this place!Special Features:
- Slow, Slow, Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/26/2012Been 3 times. 1st time ate in dining room. Only 3 other couples & had to wait over hour for entrees b/c they gave ours to wrong table. No apology, nothing sent over in the meantime. Came back 2nd time to give it another chance,ate at the bar.Less than 10 other patrons there but it took 20 min just to get the waiter to give us a menu. Waited another 20 to put in drink order. Long wait to get check. 3rd time here b/c friend chose to come. Worst of them all and it was a Tuesday night!Drinks & apps took long time & long wait until waiter came to take order. They're out of tuna, steak, and another item which is half of the menu. 30 min later, waiter tells us they're out of duck and we needed to reorder. One ordered orecchiette & was served ziti!
- wrong information on the websiteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2012The website lists wrong information.I booked and went there with my manager for midyear review lunch on Tuesday 6/26/2012.The store was close.I was embarrassed.phone 617-481-1010 ... 1657 Hancock Street, QuincyPlease use technology right if you want to use it.
- The food at Remicks was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2012The food at Remicks was very good, but I get the impression this restaurant is in an identity crisis. The menu boasts fit-for-foodie items like roast duckling, warm bacon salad with panko fried egg, and house-infused vodka, but attracts a crowd out for their award winning buffalo wings, clam chowder, and surround sound bar. For the price, I went dressed up and ordered a pecan crusted pork chop... but the other patons were in hoodies chowing burgers at the bar. Not sure what vibe this place is going for! But overall, a delicious experience if you don't mind flip-flops and sweatshirts (accompanied by a $150 bill for two) on date night.Special Features:
- We like to eat at the bar.FoodieVIPDined on 5/18/2012We like to eat at the bar. Jack remembers us and gives great service.
- Amazing food, but not very relaxingSparrowseyeDined on 5/13/2012We went to Remicks late on Mother's Day on the strength of recommendations on Open Table. The bar was full with a younger crowd but the dining area was only about 30% full. The restaurant was overly air-conditioned, the service was friendly but intermittent and the noise level from the bar was loud. We spent close to $200 for 3 people, which I had expected, and we were very happy with the food and the selection of cocktails and wines by the glass. What was disappointing in a restaurant of this quality was to have the waitress explain that both breads and desserts had been sold out earlier in the day, with no offer to substitute anything or do anything other than apologize. A little out of character I would think for a place of this quality.Special Features:
- Took my family here for Mother'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/13/2012Took my family here for Mother's day. Staff was great, food was great, my only complaint is that they were serving a limited brunch menu on Mother's day. That's their choice but I wish that had been disclosed on their website as I would have gone some place offering more choices.Special Features:
- This place is on another level.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/8/2012During my first visit to Remick's, I was blown away by the redesigned interior. It is unrecognizable from the previous Finian's. Remick's atmoshere is modern yet comfortable. The service is great. The food is amazing. The Caprese Salad with sweet pea puree is fantastic, without question the best I have ever had. Such a simple dish elevated to the next level. Another of my favorite items is the Warm Bacon Salad. Crispy handcut bacon, fresee lettuce, a panko crusted fried egg and an unimaginably delicious balsamic dressing. The swordfish, a special, was perfect. I look forward to seeing it on the menu again. some other notables are the Remick's Burger, the BBQ Plate and the perfectly seasoned Onion Rings. I look forward to many visits.Special Features:
- First Time DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/28/2012This was my first time at REmick's. Our waitress was excellent and the food was great. The menu had recently been extended and we were very excited to try a number of different items from BBQ, pasta, fish and steak. Everyone in my party enjoyed their dinner and drinks. We will definitely be back and recommend Remick's to others.Special Features:
- We went on a Sunday night...veryPAWmsDined on 4/1/2012We went on a Sunday night...very quiet on the restaurant side. Menu is limited but we knew that going in. Food and presentation were fine but lacked spark...nothing that made us say "oh wow!" Wine selection was good with some possible finds. It looked like the bar side of the house was where the action is.
- The wings were amazing! IfOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/31/2012The wings were amazing! If you are looking for a place to have a couple of drinks with friends and snack in wings... This is the place for you. To start, the bread and hummis was right out of the fridge and flavorless. The Mac n cheese entre was dry. The salads were boring and the few deserts to choose from seemed premade and were ice cold.Special Features:
- Food was very good, had shepherdsFoodiegirlVIPDined on 3/31/2012Food was very good, had shepherds pie. Sat on the bar side, energetic vibe. Sports on the big screens. Would certainly go back.Special Features:
- loved the bar and decor, alsoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/30/2012loved the bar and decor, also the background music.. however except for my burger which i found delicious,the other 3 meals were found to be either dry or lacking in flavor..
- Service was poor; in factOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/28/2012Service was poor; in fact our waitress left after we ordered our appetizers and we did not know until another waitress came over and asked if we were all set. She did not know that we had not ordered our entrees. The food was good, however, two entrees were cold and the other one was so hot I had too wait for it to cool before I could eat it. It is really to bad, the menu is great, but the execution is poor!Special Features:
- I went to dinner on 3/16/12OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/15/2012I went to dinner on 3/16/12 with a business acquaintance for a dinner meeting. The service was timely and efficient and the food was excellent. The gentleman I was with was in from Florida, so he wanted tontrynthenclam chowder. He said the chowder was outstanding. I had the filet and it may have been the best filet I have ever had.
- Fun spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/13/2012Very nice. It was very quiet the night we were there, but I asume it is a HOT hangout on the weekends.Special Features:
- The good and the badOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/29/2012Food is good, service was good, parking is on street which can be a challenge in Quincy center. My disappointment of the evening was getting charged $23 (without telling me in advance) to have 5 seared scallops added to my salad. When I spoke to the owner he said they charge for a full entree to add this type of protein to a salad. The server should have notified me of this and I should have been given the option as to whether it was worth $23 to add these to a salad..it was not. I would have chosen another option. The owner was very nice, but he maintained the pricing and did not offer to alter the bill. Also there are no vegetarian options here except for salad and a strange dessert menu. Probably won't return. There are better options.
- All and all a good restaurant,worthOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/17/2012All and all a good restaurant,worthy of a visit.Two suggestions to make it more worthy.One, serve a veg with the entrees;potatoes alone are not healthy,or at least offer a choice between a potato or a vegetable, Two ,train the wait staff to be efficient wasted steps make for slow service.
- We went on Valentine's DayWiniVIPDined on 2/14/2012We went on Valentine's Day and there was no romance, no ambiance and very poor service. The one time these people could shine the did not.
- Definitely will go to Remicks againOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2012There were 3 of us out on Valentines night, and the place was busy enough, not packed, a lot of folks in the bar - its nice to see the transformation from the old finians, it looked hip and there were a great mix of people, young and older. 2 of us ordered from the special Valentines menu, one got the truffle risotto which was fragrant with black truffle oil,I had to dig my fork in, and it was really good, a little light on the seasoning, but delicious all the same one got the steak with bleu cheese (and yes, had to get a bite of that one too -- delicious, though ordering any steak medium well is a crime) I got the beef short rib wich was perfect, the sauteed kale was crispy and delicious. Desserts were lovely, good wine list -- Great!!Special Features:
- Valentine's dinner, disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2012I selected this restaurant based on a bunch of good reviews. The service was awesome, but the food was not. Most of the entree are cocked with wine or pork products. I had a difficult time to choose because I don't eat neither of them. After all, thx to the awesome service, but sorry the food was bad.