145 West 53rd Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.remi-nyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 581-4242
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm -3:30pm Dinner: Monday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Tuesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Mirco Delvecchio
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call Remi's special catering director.
- Special Events: Call Remi's special events director
A word from Remi
Located in the heart of Midtown, Remi restaurant was created and designed by Adam D. Tihany.Continued
Remi combines the cuisine, architecture, and atmosphere of Venice.
Remi combines the cuisine, architecture, and atmosphere of Venice.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Remi reviews from OpenTable diners
182 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (84)special occasion (65)romantic (51)neighborhood gem (43)notable wine list (42)great for lunch (33)good for groups (28)great for outdoor dining (24)hot spot (10)late-night find (10)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great place for a quiet lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Remi's is a great place for a relaxed quiet lunch. Their fixed lunch menu at $28 is very good value for money and comes with a starter, main course and dessert. Service is not very quick, so don't go here if you want a quick bite. The salad I had was excellent as was the salmon main course. The dessert, the creme brulee, was below par and a huge disappointment. The crust was burnt and the overall taste was very average which was quite disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner special was specialOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/12/2014Met with old friends for dinner. Their first time there. Had the veal canneloni special. It was great tasting and just the right size. The food including the Tiramisu was special. It made the night with friends special as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely will return!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014Totally enjoyed Remi. Food was wonderful and wine list was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST FOR USOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2014COULD NOT BE MORE WELCOMING AND FRIENDLY THE FOOD GREAT A LOT OF ATTENTION AND THE SERVICE ALL THE WAY WITH CLASS WE WILL ALWAYS BE THERE WHEN IN NEW YORK THE THE BEST GIANCARLOSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generous portionsImpressedVIPDined on 11/4/2014We had an early dinner because of the 7 pm curtain time. We shared the spinach salad and a pasta special with lamb shank. The selections were delicious and generous which made sharing a good idea. The portions were divided before being brought to our table which made sharing easier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pasta for marathon runners.MarcyVIPDined on 11/1/2014We visited NewYork City past days to run the marathon . The day before the marathon we want for an early dinner to Remi . We had a very good pasta and we enjoyed the place , very nice for dinnerSpecial Features:
- Tried and TruelocaldinerVIPDined on 10/31/2014We often go to Remi when we are in NY and stay at the London. Some truly excellent dishes including, especially, the osso buco. Nice wine list as well aith some reasonably priced options.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre/post theater mealJGW1Dined on 10/30/2014Menu at this restaurant is excellent. Refined Italian cooking. Convenient location near Broadway theaters and service excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive, bland Italian foodHRSDVIPDined on 10/29/2014We had the Penne Arrabiata and Shrimp and Scallop Linguine. The Penne was bland, under cooked and generally bad. Service was ok but the restaurant is over-rated and expensive
- Great for pre-theater dinnerCandSDined on 10/29/2014We had the prix fixe menu - the eggplant Parmesan was excellent and the food in general was very good. The service was a bit slow - otherwise a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remi's a favorite, but they missed-Eater899VIPDined on 10/28/2014I frequent Remi when in NYC. The scallop appetizer was off the charts, but the veal ravioli special was dry and pasty, lasagna was bland. After I had talked up Remi so much, my guests left unimpressed. As always, service was excellent.
- quality spotjv99Dined on 10/28/2014food was good, excellent service. maybe a bit on the pricey side, but ok for neighborhoodSpecial Features:
- Really Average FoodJsnowDined on 10/27/2014Everyone went out of their way to be nice but not one plate that came to the table was anything special. Felt a little corporate and without charm.
- NYC rightwhaduppDined on 10/26/2014Birthday night. Remi is one of her favorites. Young Italian waiter. So fun he was. Perfect table setting, food, service. They know what they they do and they do what they know. You want good? Remi is good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good midtown Italian57streetVIPDined on 10/26/2014Right across from the Sheraton, the food was very very good, and the service was better. Herbie, our waiter, was very attentive and helpful, the pasta was fresh and well prepared, the halibut was very good. There was plenty of time to relax , with no rushing. We will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatmcVIPDined on 10/25/2014used to be one of our favorite restaurants - Sat we had a good beet salad and s inedible entrees I had orrechetti with broccili rabe and sausage - mushy pasta and no sausage - a Myhame My husbands liver tasted mostly of vinegar ugh My manhattan was good
- a dream experiencescubadivaDined on 10/25/2014Loved the entire evening. The ambiance, food, goose martini, and wait staff was perfect. Roasted beet salad and pumpkin ravioli was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theater in VeniceGranMimDined on 10/25/2014My friend and I went to Remi because of its location in the theater district. It was our first visit, and we had tickets for a show to follow our dinner. The mural of Venice that fills the west wall of this lovely dining room set the mood. I was moved to order the Venetian liver. We had a great Caesar salad, I had the liver, and my friend a seafood special, which she said was delicious, though the halibut was a bit dryer than she preferred. I loved the liver, which is served over a soft polenta. We had gelato and sorbet for dessert, which were very flavorful. The main thing that impressed us, besides the decor, was that we were served, and out in time, without feeling rushed. I'm sure we'll go back!Special Features:
- jsalVIPDined on 10/23/2014Went here for dinner. I had the endive salad (excellent) and the calf liver (very good). Service was friendly but not attentive. The place looked nice.
- Great Italian Foodlexie1277Dined on 10/18/2014The menu has a nice selection of Italian dishes. Adjusting a dish to our particular taste was not a problem. My biggest complaint would be that my friend payed cash. In the dim lighting could not see to tip properly apparently. We knew this because the waiter promptly came to our table and told him that he had only tipped 10% and they expected 20%. My friend was embarrassed and ended leaving 30%. We were a party of 4 and one dish had to be sent back. It would have been more appropriate to discreetly ask if he had meant to leave 10%. Tips should be earned - not expected and practically demanded. It was a relief waiter because our waiter's shift had ended. It was an awkward ending to the excellent service and respect our waiter gave us.Special Features:
- Weekend DinnerBrunchPhanaticDined on 10/17/2014The goat cheese and tomato spread they give you for the bread is delicious. Veal Ravoli is a cream sauce with ham and peas was very tasty as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianHappyDinerDined on 10/10/2014Have never had a bad meal here! The menu is comprehensive and varied, great prices for the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerhapsJohnDined on 10/8/2014Perhaps the setting and the environment is best part of this restaurant but our group found service and food average.Special Features:
- Another excellent meal and servicemikeVDined on 10/4/2014Returned to Remi with my wife on Saturday and had another excellent memorable meal. Enjoyed the entire meal--appetizer, salad, pasta entree and dessert. Our waiter Marco provided excellent service and recommendations for food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat pricey, but worth itDrewDined on 10/1/2014While not inexpensive, the waitstaff was excellent and the food was as well.Special Features:
- PerfectStick66VIPDined on 10/1/2014Took some clients there...food and service was delicious. One just about licked his plate (he had lasagna) as it was so good. Others enjoyed as well. Will be back with my girl for a nice dinner. NADSpecial Features:
- Unique Northern Italian CuiseTonyMichaels23VIPDined on 9/26/2014Remi's take on Northern Italian cuisine is reflected in its unique menu offerings. A first time there left us with so many fine looking options, it was difficult to choose. The gnocchi and the pasta with shrimp were delicious. The restaurant is convenient to the Theatre District and a fine choice for pre-theatre dining. We would definitely give it another go.Special Features:
- As usual, an excellent mealCasa1031Dined on 9/16/2014I always have a great meal at Remi. So many great choices on the menu. I always find myself with choosing their pasta dishes, they are excellent. Service was also excellent that night.Special Features:
- 5 StarsVandacsvmDined on 9/15/2014I came from Portugal and REMI is one of the best italian restaurant that i know.Special Features:
- Great find near the MOMAMoneypennyVIPDined on 9/15/2014Was out with a friend at the MOMA and didn't know where to have a good lunch nearby. We checked the menu at Remi and decided to give the pre-fixe lunch a try. Everything was delicious - the hearty tomato soup, the eggplant appetizer, our entrees of spinach ravioli and the tagliatelle bolognese and of course the creme brûlée. The flavored martinis and cappuccinos are also worth a mention. It was a great find and I will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to be missedRaymondDined on 9/13/2014Excellent in all respets. On our must repeat list.Special Features:
- Love Remi!!DwagsVIPDined on 9/13/2014It was a long time since we had been to Remi. We were surprised how good it was. The food was well prepared and beautifully presented. It was delicious!! Starting with the endive salad to the Halibut special. We will definitely be back real soon!!!Special Features:
- Mom's Night OutMAREMOTODined on 9/12/2014We spent a night at Remi feeling pampered from the moment we walked in the door. The service was wonderful and food and wine selection were exceptionally delicious! We loved the Sardine with polenta and the carpaccio as appetizer. The homemade pasta dishes were truly authentic, especially the tagliolini with black truffle. The classic lasagna was really fabulous.It made our trip to the city memorable and worthwhile! We will be back!! Grazie :)Special Features:
- Great service and amazing food!RyanVIPDined on 9/10/2014Everything was great from beginning to end, will be back next time I'm in the city and want an excellenct meal with attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theaterMoliereDined on 9/9/2014A clean , warm, and cheery greeting upon arrival. Attentive but not hovering service was appreciated. Our dinners did not disappoint. One of the few times we both said we will come back!Special Features:
- Great food & serviceKCdinerVIPDined on 9/5/20142 of us - shared order of grilled octopus (antipasti) which was superb. My spouse ordered osso bucco which was the best she's ever had. I ordered lamb shank - meat was tender & tasty, but sauce almost over-powered the lamb.Special Features:
- Modern Italian RestaurantGucciDined on 9/1/2014Nicely executed! Good food, nice wine list and a very modern atmosphere that has a nice vibe and moderate noise level. Would definitely visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeab5235Dined on 8/29/2014Ate here before a show and it's proximity to the theater was a plus, and that was just the beginning. We arrived well before our reservation time and had no problem being seat, very accommodating. The food was spectacular, from the eggplant appetizer to the tagliolini pasta in lemon sauce with asparagus tips and lump crab meat, and the gnocchi with buffalo mozzarella. The portions were plentiful without being too much. The wine list is expansive. The bottle of Shiraz was a perfect complement to the meal. Our waiter was attentive and helpful with the menu. This is a first class establishment that lives up to all expectations. We will return next time in New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JFS821VIPDined on 8/28/2014Great food, fabulous wine, fantastic service - simply Outstanding!Special Features:
- Expensive but ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014The food was ok but extremely expensive. The selections were rather limited. The service was great. The real problem was the restaurant was being remodeled so we had to go to the banquet hall which was rather cold and uninviting.I would recommend this to a friend.