145 West 53rd Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.remi-nyc.com/
- Phone: 2125814242x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm -3:30pm Dinner: Monday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Tuesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Mirco Delvecchio
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call Remi's special catering director.
- Special Events: Call Remi's special events director
A word from Remi
Located in the heart of Midtown, Remi restaurant was created and designed by Adam D. Tihany.Continued
Remi combines the cuisine, architecture, and atmosphere of Venice.
Remi combines the cuisine, architecture, and atmosphere of Venice.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Remi reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (58)special occasion (54)neighborhood gem (43)romantic (40)great for outdoor dining (38)great for lunch (32)notable wine list (32)good for groups (18)late-night find (10)hot spot (7)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- 5 StarsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2014I came from Portugal and REMI is one of the best italian restaurant that i know.Special Features:
- Not to be missedRaymondDined on 9/13/2014Excellent in all respets. On our must repeat list.Special Features:
- Love Remi!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/13/2014It was a long time since we had been to Remi. We were surprised how good it was. The food was well prepared and beautifully presented. It was delicious!! Starting with the endive salad to the Halibut special. We will definitely be back real soon!!!Special Features:
- Mom's Night OutMAREMOTODined on 9/12/2014We spent a night at Remi feeling pampered from the moment we walked in the door. The service was wonderful and food and wine selection were exceptionally delicious! We loved the Sardine with polenta and the carpaccio as appetizer. The homemade pasta dishes were truly authentic, especially the tagliolini with black truffle. The classic lasagna was really fabulous.It made our trip to the city memorable and worthwhile! We will be back!! Grazie :)Special Features:
- Great service and amazing food!RyanVIPDined on 9/10/2014Everything was great from beginning to end, will be back next time I'm in the city and want an excellenct meal with attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theaterMoliereDined on 9/9/2014A clean , warm, and cheery greeting upon arrival. Attentive but not hovering service was appreciated. Our dinners did not disappoint. One of the few times we both said we will come back!Special Features:
- Great food & serviceKCdinerVIPDined on 9/5/20142 of us - shared order of grilled octopus (antipasti) which was superb. My spouse ordered osso bucco which was the best she's ever had. I ordered lamb shank - meat was tender & tasty, but sauce almost over-powered the lamb.Special Features:
- Modern Italian RestaurantGucciDined on 9/1/2014Nicely executed! Good food, nice wine list and a very modern atmosphere that has a nice vibe and moderate noise level. Would definitely visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeab5235Dined on 8/29/2014Ate here before a show and it's proximity to the theater was a plus, and that was just the beginning. We arrived well before our reservation time and had no problem being seat, very accommodating. The food was spectacular, from the eggplant appetizer to the tagliolini pasta in lemon sauce with asparagus tips and lump crab meat, and the gnocchi with buffalo mozzarella. The portions were plentiful without being too much. The wine list is expansive. The bottle of Shiraz was a perfect complement to the meal. Our waiter was attentive and helpful with the menu. This is a first class establishment that lives up to all expectations. We will return next time in New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JFS821VIPDined on 8/28/2014Great food, fabulous wine, fantastic service - simply Outstanding!Special Features:
- Expensive but ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014The food was ok but extremely expensive. The selections were rather limited. The service was great. The real problem was the restaurant was being remodeled so we had to go to the banquet hall which was rather cold and uninviting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Welcome Returnwenken1Dined on 8/15/2014My husband and I wanted to participate in NYC's restaurant week and selected Remi. As "bargain hunters" (RW offers prix fixe $38 dinners at many of the city's nicest restaurants,) I was prepared to receive lesser food and attention than those diners ordering off of the regular menu. I was wrong on both counts; the food and service were both outstanding, and we plan to return to Remi on our next trip to NYC. My eggplant gratin appetizer was the stand-out for me and my husband loved his beef carpaccio and salmon entrée. The interior is inviting and pleasant, adding to the overall experience.Special Features:
- Great findADYMVIPDined on 8/15/2014We LOVED this restaurant. Great food and you could actually talk without shouting. It was a leisurely meal and our servers were perfect.Special Features:
- Venice in ManhattanOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2014If you want red-sauce Italian you're in the wrong place. Remi is luscious Venetian. The fegato is why I return to Remi (and to Venice). Service is always spot on - professional but not intrusive. Beautiful surroundings and not intimidating as being too fancySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely midtown lunchLindaDined on 8/13/2014We were pleased by the Restaurant Week lunch menu, and noticed that the same menu is offered for $28 beyond Restaurant Weeks, so we plan to come back. We had the gazpacho (perhaps not chilled enough), salmon, a tender portion served on a delicious preparation of braised greens; also the calves liver on risotto. Creme brulee was a sublime dessert. Service was attentive and efficient. It's a lovely place to meet for lunch - light and airy, murals high on the walls, upholstered banquettes face the window-wall out to the canopied tables arrayed in the walkway between 53-52 St. And we appreciated the absence of muzak to overwhelm our conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food in nice settingPeckDined on 8/13/2014the restaurant week provided fantastic value for money, great food and good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Always GreatAJayDined on 8/12/2014One of our favorite places to go for meetings, good food, atmosphere, and location. Great overallSpecial Features:
- GrudginglyHappyUrbanCamperMiserLensDined on 8/12/2014This was our 3rd year dining @ Remi during Restaurant Week. My reaction is that the restaurant was "grudgingly" participating. I would have preferred had they withdrawn from "dinner" as an option as another favorite restaurant had decided (Riverpark). My salad was saturated w/dressing and the antipasti selected by my table mate tasted like the topping of ordinary pizza. The entrees were so-so as were the desserts.Special Features:
- Special?Diner1111VIPDined on 8/12/2014The "signature" spaghetti is about as ordinary as it could be. The beet salad is more like a leek salad. Remi used to be better.
- Good Italian EateryCHAKDined on 8/11/2014Remi is located in the heart of the business district. The service was attentive. It has great outdoor seating. Food was good but not exceptional as it should be give its rating among NYC restaurants.Special Features:
- Eatgr8VIPDined on 8/8/2014Having eaten at Remi many times, the food quality was not a surprise to us. But our waiter was off the mark. For a special occasion he was asked to bring a desert with a candle in it. They did just that - the desert had a candle in it but it was not lit. It was just brought out by the staff without them realizing what it was, and the waiter was nowhere to be found to notice the mistake himself. We sent it back ourself through the server/runner, and it came back out with a candle. The waiter never had any idea this took place. You would think that when bringing the check, the waiter would also offer a congratulatory wish - he did not. Also would have been nice to not have to ask about the flavors of the day, and instead be told.
- excellentrbocaVIPDined on 8/7/2014Found on Open table App and enjoyed food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- martiniVIPDined on 8/7/2014Excellent calf's liver on Restaurant Week menu. Great appetizer and desert.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reunion of friendsSylviaDined on 8/7/2014The restaurant week menu made it easy to divide the bill among us three friends who made an occasion of getting together just to catch up with each other. Although I am on a restricted diet, I was able to find something delicious for each course, and my 2 friends sampled other items on the menu that were also well-prepared and presented. We looked briefly at the regular dinner menu and found it overwhelming with tempting selections, but pricey. The noise level was pretty intense at 7:00 but subsided as the evening went on, and the atmosphere was elegant but not overly formal. The service was cordial and efficient--not exceptional, but more than satisfactory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly WaitstaffSharonwnynyDined on 8/7/2014Friendliest waitstaff I've ever seen in NYC. That is a real plus for New York. Food is outstanding with many types of homemade pastas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved RemiJoanieDined on 8/7/2014Enjoyed everything about Remi. The menu had a lot of good choices. The eggplant appetizer was superb. I had a chicken entree in a lemon sauce that was delicious. The evening was terrific. Loved the coffee martini as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigBirdVIPDined on 8/6/2014The wait staff was very informative and attentive. The Sommelier provided thoughtful wine suggestions. The food was attractively presented as well as delicious. I will add Remi to my list of most favored restaurants in NYC.Special Features:
- Restaurant week GemRestaurantweekgemDined on 8/6/2014It was so so easy to book online..took less than 5 minutes! I was notified about this offer through my AMEX card. My wife and I had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They have it all togetherRichardDined on 8/6/2014Had lunch here with a former colleague. Each course was delicious, beautifully executed, perfectly seasoned and delivered precisely as ordered. Friendly, prompt, knowledgeable service. Attractive surroundings, acoustics such that you can hear your dining companion but not the conversations at other nearby tables. Remi never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/5/2014We met friends at this wonderful restaurant that we had dined at 2 or 3 times in the past and it didn't disappoint. The service is low key but thorough from the time we walked through the door. It took our group about 15 minutes to gather but every effort was made to keep us comfortable. two of us had the risotto con Barolo and beef filet: rich and incredible! Another friend had a lovely salmon and raved about the creme brulee and another had an incredible paparadelle. Just a terrific experienceSpecial Features:
- Great dinner!FoodiesDined on 8/4/2014We had a lovely time at Remi, and we would love to go back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely peaceful restaurantmynorthcountryDined on 8/4/2014I thoroughly enjoyed the ambience, the food, and the personable but unobtrusive wait staff. The restaurant week offerings were excellent. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, extensive menuExploringNYCDined on 8/1/2014Crab cake appetizer was perfect, signature tuna dish was good but a bit dry. Hand made pasta with sausage and truffle excellent. Ricotta cake for dessert outstanding. Nice ambiance but chilly inside so we opted for outside, which was a little buggy. Wonderful service, but a bit overpriced. Not terribly crowded for some reason, even at prime dinner time on a Friday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- blondemamaVIPDined on 7/30/2014Love this restaurant and they offered an excellent selection of diverse foods even though it was restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sandy65Dined on 7/30/2014I was disappointed in the salmon I ordered. It was not a good quality fish. and I did not like the sauce it was served with - very mediocre and unimaginative. The maitre d was not not friendly and seemed bored with the whole resaurant
- My new favorite spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/29/2014Remi was fabulous. My husband had the prixe fix during restaurant week and I ate off the regular menu. There were planty of ownderful options and the food was fresh, flavorful and beautifully presented. The grilled artichoke appetizer was particularly delicious.Special Features:
- New find during restaurant weeknewplaces2eatVIPDined on 7/27/2014Discovered this restaurant during restaurant week. It was a wonderful unexpected find. Both my husband and I truly enjoyed every aspect of our dining experience. On my open table reservation I mentioned that we were celebrating our wedding anniversary; as soon as we were seated the hostess wished us happy anniversary. The maître d then brought over two glasses of champagne. We very much appreciated the thoughtful and attentiveness to the note made regarding our anniversary. Our food was exceptional from salad to main course and desert. We will definitely be returning and making this restaurant one of our regular stops when in midtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- optimisticVIPDined on 7/25/2014veal special had a heavy gravy, not the light flavorful sauce I had hoped for; this dish is out of date and the veal was tough; my son loved his pasta and my daughter's fish was fine; is this restaurant owned by the same people as Bice? we had the same problem with their veal, but only in their NYC location
- Too noisyJanDVIPDined on 7/23/2014The place is beautiful and the food is excellent. They need some serious soundproofing. The noise level detracted from the good and the looks of the place and certainly made civilized conversation impossible
- Pre-Theatre DiningTryItYulLikeItDined on 7/22/2014I have had several good meals here. I went this week as it is NYC Resataurant Week and it is on the list.Special Features: