145 West 53rd Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.remi-nyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 581-4242
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm -3:30pm Dinner: Monday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Tuesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Mirco Delvecchio
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call Remi's special catering director.
- Special Events: Call Remi's special events director
A word from Remi
Located in the heart of Midtown, Remi restaurant was created and designed by Adam D. Tihany.Continued
Remi combines the cuisine, architecture, and atmosphere of Venice.
Remi combines the cuisine, architecture, and atmosphere of Venice.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Remi reviews from OpenTable diners
186 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (88)special occasion (67)romantic (52)neighborhood gem (44)notable wine list (44)great for lunch (35)good for groups (30)great for outdoor dining (27)hot spot (11)late-night find (10)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Back againjersey111VIPDined on 6/15/2014While it's a little pricey, and $40.00 entrees should come with a vegetable--(the waiter recommended the most expensive glass of red wine) the menu is innovative--especially the appetizers--the "outdoor" dining is nice and quiet--and it's convenient to City Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigPhishDined on 6/14/2014Perfect for a pre-show meal. Service was attentive and well paced. Sat at a table inside but next to the open door. Fresh air and breeze were nice. Had the baby artichoke appetizer. Sauce was fantastic and plate was cleaned thoroughly with the fresh foccaccia and italian bread provided. We both had pastas for dinner and both were excellent. Try the homemade cavatelli with lamb ragout and meatballs. Overall a great dinner for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great LocationMicheleDined on 6/13/2014We went to this restaurant because it was close to our hotel, it was raining, and the hotel had given us a discount coupon. We will definitely be going back! I couldn't decide between a fish dish and a pasta dish, but our server said I could get a half order of the pasta as an appetizer. Both the appetizer and the fish entree were excellent! My husband had an arugula beet salad that he was very happy with, then he had a veal chop entree that was also excellent. There were lots of good options to choose from on the menu, so we need to go back to try more things. We highly recommend Remi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remi fine diningWendeeDined on 6/11/2014The night we were at Remi the main restaurant and the patio were booked for a private event so we were served in a smaller room in the back, not as nice. But the food was very good, homemade pasta and delicious sauces with fresh ingredients. The cocktail and wine menu were extensive and interesting too. Service was friendly and solicitous and the wait staff was knowledgeable and helpful. Dessert was delicious too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Theatre DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/7/2014Beautiful restaurant, inside and out. I could not get over how the waiter did not write anything down, and was so good at being not too intrusive and providing such excellent service at the same time.The Garganelli alla Remi was delicious. This is not your typical Italian restaurant, it has a flair to it that makes it unique. I truly enjoyed it!!!Special Features:
- favorite new york restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/31/2014The food is always delicious and service is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place but...KeidiDined on 5/30/2014Pasta was excellent, salad was not. Service is great and the atmosphere is excellent. Overall experience is good though it is on the pricy side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fabulousBkwernerVIPDined on 5/30/2014Remi is a favorite, try to get here every time I'm in the City. Beautiful room and lighting, excellent service, and fantastic food. Special with guests, a date, or alone with a book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice experiencecherluiVIPDined on 5/29/2014Lovely, enjoyable experience. Was terrific lunch for restaurant week. Service was exceptional. Food delicious. My colleagues and I were impressed and plan to return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/25/2014excellently fashioned italian food. consistent. refreshing. traditional and modern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ChoiceCorujaDined on 5/23/2014Good choice of italian restaurant. We were staying in a hotel just across the street, and were pleased we could have a nice meal so close to us in a rainy night.Special Features:
- Remi has never disappointedsmileVIPDined on 5/20/2014I have been going to Remi for over then years and have to say it never disappoint;sSpecial Features:
- A kind smile goes a long wayDyDuoVIPDined on 5/20/2014If it weren't for the manager of Remi who delivered excellent service to us with a smile, I would have wondered what kind of torture the staff were enduing in the background. From the hostess to the wine sommelier, no one smiled in this place! Dining is an overall experience beginning with the hostess, who for some reason along with the man who was helping to seat people that night, decided to snarl at us and brush me off as I asked for a free standing table. Why? Who knows. I own many restaurants in Phila. and treat my staff with kindness and in turn, they do the same for my many guests. Some inherent changes have to happen at this place before I will return. The manger Carlos was wonderful, and he is to be commended for a great job.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchEatsVIPDined on 5/16/2014Caesar Salad with chicken was very good with the chicken moist and delicious. My companions very much enjoyed the different sauce on the pasta they ate. My only disappointment was that Remi didn't have the wonderful bread sticks they used to serve. Maybe they are only served at dinner, I didn't ask.Special Features:
- Staff not up to itYoungRetireeDined on 5/9/2014A fine restaurant - food, wine and ambience - but the waiting staff aren't up to the standards one would expect. No menu suggestions, serving various dishes not well-timed, order taken incorrectly, poor co-ordination, no dessert offering, bill presented hap-hazardously. They seem either distracted or rushed.Special Features:
- favorite NYCs dinner placeMaturefoodiesDined on 5/6/2014We live in Palo ALto and get to NYC every year or two. We come here each time and have recommended it to friends many times. It is wonderful in all respects.Special Features:
- Disapointing all around...DisappointedDined on 5/5/2014We made reservations at this restaurant because it was close to the Hilton and it had good reviews... Started with the Polenta, I love polenta, and this was the most disappointing dish I have ever had, the mushrooms were good, but one would expect mushrooms to be sautéed in a nice wine reduction or a sauce, no, they were dry, so was the dish... I had the Taglionlini Al Limone Con Cranseola Ed Asparagi Arrosto, again disappointed... I think they forgot the lemon completely, the dish was dry and the only good thing I can say about the dish was that there was plenty of lump crab... The Gnocchi, another disappointment!!! There are so many good restaurants in that area, don't waste your money here...
- Delicious find!MsDivine5Dined on 5/5/2014Our party of three had a wonderful dining experience @ Remi. The food was delicious, the ambience was serene, and the service attentive! Couldn't ask for anything more on a Monday night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and Romantic PlaceCast1964Dined on 5/4/2014Remi is a great place to Dinner out with your friends,Family of specially with your wife. Nice atmosphere and foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, excellent ambianceSmrtfoodieVIPDined on 5/4/2014Simple but clean decor, waiter made excellent recommendations from menu. Food was fresh, hot, and perfectly prepared.Special Features:
- Nice diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/2/2014It was a very nice dining experience. They gave us a quieter table and were attentive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- don't botherblahblahbriccoDined on 4/30/2014Too many good restaurants to waste your time here. They sat us on top of each other despite the empty lunchtime dining room. Try a pris fixe lunch at boulud, bernadin, bouley instead. Awful busy location. If you need to eat before the theater you can do better than this. you only live once!
- robotninja2002Dined on 4/29/2014After waiting 15 minutes for our server, we finally had to ask a bus boy to find our server. I expected better service from a place like this. The food was good.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/29/2014Great location if heading to the Roundabout theater - they are really good at pre-theater, both on pre-fix and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining in NYCTCtomDined on 4/27/2014This is our second trip to Remi. We dined about 4 years ago. Our experience both times have been great. The staff is very attentive and accommadating. The food was fantastic. We will definitely make a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Eveningjtm30Dined on 4/26/2014We have enjoyed several evening dinners at Remi over that past few years and the food and the service, which started out excellent, has only continued to improve. A wonderful setting for a nice evening out.Special Features:
- ImponenteJazzyCVIPDined on 4/26/2014It was my first time here and I absolutely loved it. From the host to the waiters. Very pleasant and professional. The food was outstanding !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/25/2014Excellent high level Italian food - great ambiance and service. If you love REAL Italian food, this is for you.Special Features:
- I Love Remi!MaryAnnVIPDined on 4/23/2014Second time here and once again it was fabulous. I had the seared tuna which was delicious. The service was just right...not rushed whatsoever, very patient.
- frequentdinerVIPDined on 4/17/2014We always return to Remi's when in NYC because it provides a delightful dining experience in very pleasant surroundings. The food is consistently good and nicely presented. Menu offers a nice variety.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first time here was a veryYolyOVIPDined on 4/12/2014My first time here was a very pleasant experience. Service was great and the food delicious. The place was packed by 6pm on a Saturday night, so book ahead. We headed to the theater afterwards and it was close enough to walk. In the heart of everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good. Only negative wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2014Very good. Only negative was once it started filling up, it was very loud. Could not hear a normal conversation with tablemates w/o speaking up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steady for many yearsDukeDined on 4/10/2014I've been eating at Remi since it opened in the late 1980's. It is always excellent with fresh food creatively made,good service,excellent ambience. All in all very reliable,tasty and for NYC medium priced for the dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REMI LOVELY ITALIAN DININGGloryPoint1Dined on 4/8/2014Remi is a really lovely restaurant with its high ceilings and black and white striped banquettes. You feel in another world, an elegant Italian world. The servers are friendly and precise and they take their time to make sure you are getting what you want. The chef is flexible and you can tailor you dish to your liking. The experience is relaxing and satisfying and the location is just up 53rd Street between 6th and 7th. For me, I'd go just for the tomato and goat cheese pot they put out for the bread. Nothing like it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT NORTHERN ITALIAN FOOD!VinceVIPDined on 4/8/2014We have been going to Remi for years and have always found the experience to be great: great service, great ambience, great food and great wine! Over the years the quality of the dishes has been outstanding and the wait staff is always helpful and informative. We have done large parties and quiet dinners for two and always have been very pleased. Thank you to all who consistently work hard to provide us with an enjoyable evening: the owners, chefs, waiters and staff!Special Features:
- Return dinnersOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/7/2014We went to Remi this week for the third time since finding it on a trip to NYC two years ago. The space is very nicely done with mock flying buttresses and a mural of Venice. The food is excellent and the service very attentive. Our only complaint is that the wine list is very expensive. There are few selections for $60 or under and many well over $100. You can easily double or triple the price of your meal. That said, we have had a couple of very good $60 bottles of wine from that tiny selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchLabMomVIPDined on 4/7/2014Great place for a business lunch or a nice dinner. Reasonable by mid town standards. Great pastas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real treat! A lovely startGuestVIPDined on 4/6/2014A real treat! A lovely start with Prosecco, then the delicious eggplant appetizer to share and then wonderful pasta and risotto - it was all delicious. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great theater district restaurantnicknameVIPDined on 4/5/2014Great theater district restaurant with upscale Italian cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, very good actually.DMattVIPDined on 4/4/2014Food was good, very good actually. We both had seafood pasta dishes loaded with seafood and homemade pasta for under $30, not bad for NY. Service though was spotty. We had a 730 reservation and the theater crowd just left, and the wait staff was more interested in bussing and setting up new tables than in taking our order. Took out drinks and food order at the same time, since we had ample time to review the menu. But then Salads arrived before our cocktails, which is is really unacceptable. Next time in NY we'll go top Patsy's for Italian