145 West 53rd Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.remi-nyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 581-4242
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm -3:30pm Dinner: Monday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Tuesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Mirco Delvecchio
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call Remi's special catering director.
- Special Events: Call Remi's special events director
A word from Remi
Located in the heart of Midtown, Remi restaurant was created and designed by Adam D. Tihany.Continued
Remi combines the cuisine, architecture, and atmosphere of Venice.
Remi combines the cuisine, architecture, and atmosphere of Venice.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Remi reviews from OpenTable diners
184 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (86)special occasion (67)romantic (52)notable wine list (44)neighborhood gem (43)great for lunch (34)good for groups (30)great for outdoor dining (25)hot spot (11)late-night find (10)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Expensive but ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014The food was ok but extremely expensive. The selections were rather limited. The service was great. The real problem was the restaurant was being remodeled so we had to go to the banquet hall which was rather cold and uninviting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Welcome Returnwenken1Dined on 8/15/2014My husband and I wanted to participate in NYC's restaurant week and selected Remi. As "bargain hunters" (RW offers prix fixe $38 dinners at many of the city's nicest restaurants,) I was prepared to receive lesser food and attention than those diners ordering off of the regular menu. I was wrong on both counts; the food and service were both outstanding, and we plan to return to Remi on our next trip to NYC. My eggplant gratin appetizer was the stand-out for me and my husband loved his beef carpaccio and salmon entrée. The interior is inviting and pleasant, adding to the overall experience.Special Features:
- Great findADYMVIPDined on 8/15/2014We LOVED this restaurant. Great food and you could actually talk without shouting. It was a leisurely meal and our servers were perfect.Special Features:
- Venice in ManhattanOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2014If you want red-sauce Italian you're in the wrong place. Remi is luscious Venetian. The fegato is why I return to Remi (and to Venice). Service is always spot on - professional but not intrusive. Beautiful surroundings and not intimidating as being too fancySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely midtown lunchLindaDined on 8/13/2014We were pleased by the Restaurant Week lunch menu, and noticed that the same menu is offered for $28 beyond Restaurant Weeks, so we plan to come back. We had the gazpacho (perhaps not chilled enough), salmon, a tender portion served on a delicious preparation of braised greens; also the calves liver on risotto. Creme brulee was a sublime dessert. Service was attentive and efficient. It's a lovely place to meet for lunch - light and airy, murals high on the walls, upholstered banquettes face the window-wall out to the canopied tables arrayed in the walkway between 53-52 St. And we appreciated the absence of muzak to overwhelm our conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food in nice settingPeckVIPDined on 8/13/2014the restaurant week provided fantastic value for money, great food and good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Always GreatAJayDined on 8/12/2014One of our favorite places to go for meetings, good food, atmosphere, and location. Great overallSpecial Features:
- GrudginglyHappyUrbanCamperMiserLensDined on 8/12/2014This was our 3rd year dining @ Remi during Restaurant Week. My reaction is that the restaurant was "grudgingly" participating. I would have preferred had they withdrawn from "dinner" as an option as another favorite restaurant had decided (Riverpark). My salad was saturated w/dressing and the antipasti selected by my table mate tasted like the topping of ordinary pizza. The entrees were so-so as were the desserts.Special Features:
- Special?Diner1111VIPDined on 8/12/2014The "signature" spaghetti is about as ordinary as it could be. The beet salad is more like a leek salad. Remi used to be better.
- Good Italian EateryCHAKDined on 8/11/2014Remi is located in the heart of the business district. The service was attentive. It has great outdoor seating. Food was good but not exceptional as it should be give its rating among NYC restaurants.Special Features:
- Eatgr8VIPDined on 8/8/2014Having eaten at Remi many times, the food quality was not a surprise to us. But our waiter was off the mark. For a special occasion he was asked to bring a desert with a candle in it. They did just that - the desert had a candle in it but it was not lit. It was just brought out by the staff without them realizing what it was, and the waiter was nowhere to be found to notice the mistake himself. We sent it back ourself through the server/runner, and it came back out with a candle. The waiter never had any idea this took place. You would think that when bringing the check, the waiter would also offer a congratulatory wish - he did not. Also would have been nice to not have to ask about the flavors of the day, and instead be told.
- excellentrbocaVIPDined on 8/7/2014Found on Open table App and enjoyed food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- martiniVIPDined on 8/7/2014Excellent calf's liver on Restaurant Week menu. Great appetizer and desert.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reunion of friendsSylviaDined on 8/7/2014The restaurant week menu made it easy to divide the bill among us three friends who made an occasion of getting together just to catch up with each other. Although I am on a restricted diet, I was able to find something delicious for each course, and my 2 friends sampled other items on the menu that were also well-prepared and presented. We looked briefly at the regular dinner menu and found it overwhelming with tempting selections, but pricey. The noise level was pretty intense at 7:00 but subsided as the evening went on, and the atmosphere was elegant but not overly formal. The service was cordial and efficient--not exceptional, but more than satisfactory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly WaitstaffSharonwnynyDined on 8/7/2014Friendliest waitstaff I've ever seen in NYC. That is a real plus for New York. Food is outstanding with many types of homemade pastas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved RemiJoanieDined on 8/7/2014Enjoyed everything about Remi. The menu had a lot of good choices. The eggplant appetizer was superb. I had a chicken entree in a lemon sauce that was delicious. The evening was terrific. Loved the coffee martini as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigBirdVIPDined on 8/6/2014The wait staff was very informative and attentive. The Sommelier provided thoughtful wine suggestions. The food was attractively presented as well as delicious. I will add Remi to my list of most favored restaurants in NYC.Special Features:
- Restaurant week GemRestaurantweekgemDined on 8/6/2014It was so so easy to book online..took less than 5 minutes! I was notified about this offer through my AMEX card. My wife and I had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They have it all togetherRichardDined on 8/6/2014Had lunch here with a former colleague. Each course was delicious, beautifully executed, perfectly seasoned and delivered precisely as ordered. Friendly, prompt, knowledgeable service. Attractive surroundings, acoustics such that you can hear your dining companion but not the conversations at other nearby tables. Remi never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/5/2014We met friends at this wonderful restaurant that we had dined at 2 or 3 times in the past and it didn't disappoint. The service is low key but thorough from the time we walked through the door. It took our group about 15 minutes to gather but every effort was made to keep us comfortable. two of us had the risotto con Barolo and beef filet: rich and incredible! Another friend had a lovely salmon and raved about the creme brulee and another had an incredible paparadelle. Just a terrific experienceSpecial Features:
- Great dinner!FoodiesDined on 8/4/2014We had a lovely time at Remi, and we would love to go back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely peaceful restaurantmynorthcountryDined on 8/4/2014I thoroughly enjoyed the ambience, the food, and the personable but unobtrusive wait staff. The restaurant week offerings were excellent. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, extensive menuExploringNYCDined on 8/1/2014Crab cake appetizer was perfect, signature tuna dish was good but a bit dry. Hand made pasta with sausage and truffle excellent. Ricotta cake for dessert outstanding. Nice ambiance but chilly inside so we opted for outside, which was a little buggy. Wonderful service, but a bit overpriced. Not terribly crowded for some reason, even at prime dinner time on a Friday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- blondemamaVIPDined on 7/30/2014Love this restaurant and they offered an excellent selection of diverse foods even though it was restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1100 reviews are from the Remi reviews archive.
- sandy65Dined on 7/30/2014I was disappointed in the salmon I ordered. It was not a good quality fish. and I did not like the sauce it was served with - very mediocre and unimaginative. The maitre d was not not friendly and seemed bored with the whole resaurant
- My new favorite spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/29/2014Remi was fabulous. My husband had the prixe fix during restaurant week and I ate off the regular menu. There were planty of ownderful options and the food was fresh, flavorful and beautifully presented. The grilled artichoke appetizer was particularly delicious.Special Features:
- New find during restaurant weeknewplaces2eatVIPDined on 7/27/2014Discovered this restaurant during restaurant week. It was a wonderful unexpected find. Both my husband and I truly enjoyed every aspect of our dining experience. On my open table reservation I mentioned that we were celebrating our wedding anniversary; as soon as we were seated the hostess wished us happy anniversary. The maître d then brought over two glasses of champagne. We very much appreciated the thoughtful and attentiveness to the note made regarding our anniversary. Our food was exceptional from salad to main course and desert. We will definitely be returning and making this restaurant one of our regular stops when in midtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- optimisticVIPDined on 7/25/2014veal special had a heavy gravy, not the light flavorful sauce I had hoped for; this dish is out of date and the veal was tough; my son loved his pasta and my daughter's fish was fine; is this restaurant owned by the same people as Bice? we had the same problem with their veal, but only in their NYC location
- Too noisyJanDVIPDined on 7/23/2014The place is beautiful and the food is excellent. They need some serious soundproofing. The noise level detracted from the good and the looks of the place and certainly made civilized conversation impossible
- Pre-Theatre DiningTryItYulLikeItDined on 7/22/2014I have had several good meals here. I went this week as it is NYC Resataurant Week and it is on the list.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week Treasured FindnatfranDined on 7/22/2014We spur of the moment decided to kick-off restaurant week at Remi last Tuesday and enjoyed it thoroughly. Our meal started with a complimentary glass of refreshing sparkling wine, and bread with a to-die-for tomato-goat-cheese dip! Both appetizers were delightful, especially the eggplant and mozzarella appetizer was amazing. And the creme brullee at the end was a deliciously decadent ending to a lovely dining experience. Thank you!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeNYfanDined on 7/19/2014I have been going to Remi's since the Concierge at the Plaza recommended it several years ago. I have introduced it to friends and they have all enjoyed it as much a I. The outdoor space for dining is always a hit right in the heart of Manhattan. It's quiet, off the beaten path and, as luck would have it, I have been able to take advantage of the outdoors every time I have dined there. Great drinks, great service, and the food is perfect every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable Service!CarmenVIPDined on 7/19/2014Impeccable service from beginning to end! Delicious food and a great wine list! Will return again!Special Features:
- Food Good, Service and Air NotOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/15/2014Food is usually good here. Restaurant has bewildering policy of leaving doors open to atrium even when it is stifling outside. Makes it uncomfortable if you are seated near the door. Service spotty. A friend and I were lingering after lunch (due to a rainstorm outside) and the staff seemed intent to drive us out as quickly as possible (we'd already paid and left a 20% tip). Might return but not unless I can be seated where it is not blazing hot.Special Features:
- Lovely Start to an EveningLuLuDined on 7/11/2014Althuogh I had selected Remi as one of the restaurants that offered outside dining, it was such a humid night in New York that we decided to stay inside when we realized how lovely and pleasantly cool it was in the restaurant. The fresh mozarella in tomato sauce was a delicious way to start our meal, served with rolls and foccacia. The orrechiette which was mixed with cauliflower and soppresata that reminded me of pepperoni was very good and served piping hot. My husband enjoyed the fresh tuna in angel hair pasta as well. I also enjoyed their Vermintino, an Italian white wine I've recently discovered. It was bright and nicely chilled for a hot night. We will return again, as we have in the past to this very comfortable restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- christianVIPDined on 6/27/2014Overall a nice dinner! Menu was large so everyone was able to find something without issue. Food was very good but service was nothing special. They seemed to have a lot of staff but empty salad plates sat in front of us till we asked them to remove.
- Ambience, food, but be patientOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014Literally next door to the Sheraton just off of Times Square, Broadway, and Central Park. Beautiful indoor/outdoor atrium restaurant. Good wine list including my favorite Chardonnay. Excellent salads, nice presentation on the meals. The sommelier/manager happened to be our waiter on this evening. Unfortunate for us because he barely made it back to our table after ordering the wine. The chill bucket was not situated near our table so we ran out several times during the meal. This left us disappointed with what could have been a 5 star meal. We'd go back again because of all the positives and hope that the service was just an exception.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/21/2014Remi continues to be a lovely pre-theatre dining experience with fine food and equally fine service. All of the courses were quite good and the portion sizes were on the generous side. The space is quite striking and very pleasant on a summer evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb midtown business lunchRobinmarcVIPDined on 6/18/2014Excellent business lunch. Light, modern, sophisticated. Not a big tourist spot. Lots of media types from nearby talent agencies, networks. Dining al fresco an option. Every member of our party (jaded New Yorkers who dine out at least 5x per week) commented on the high quality of the delicious meals. The prix fixe luncheon (ask for the separate menu) offers great food and a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Irritating.ItalianredDined on 6/17/2014A really good restaurant spoiled by the fact that when they have lots of open tables they choose to sit everyone shoulder to shoulder in the same section next to each other. Cuts down on walking for the staff but ruins an otherwise great restaurant. Why do that when you have loads of open tables?Special Features: