Remedy Food + Drink
500 W 75th St
Kansas City, MO 64114Neighborhood:
Plaza / Brookside
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
Remedy Food + Drink
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.whatsyourremedykc.com/
- Phone: 8163619788x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 4pm to Midnight
Tuesday: 11am to Midnight
Wednesday: 11am to Midnight
Thursday: 11am to Midnight
Friday: 11am to 1:30pm
Saturday: 10am to 1:30pm
Sunday: 10am to Midnight
Brunch, Saturday & Sunday 10am to 2pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Max Watson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: John Goolsby Acoustic Guitar Thursdays from 8:30pm-11:30pm
A word from Remedy Food + Drink
Remedy is a Gastropub whose menu focuses on farm to market food that is locally sourced and seasonal. Marcheski Hervey culinary team applies fine dining techniques to the classic foods we grew up loving. Let's not forget the "Pub" in gastro pub. GM Stewart Hemmer and his well seasoned bartenders created a cocktail list that brings the old school cocktails back with style. Come join us for dinner and stay for the cocktails!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Remedy Food + Drink reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (6)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (2)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Not really worth the driveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014We were looking for someplace out of the ordinary and Remedy seemed to fit the bill. Unfortunately, the restaurant was very loud which made it difficult to carry on a conversation. Our group of four was also probably an average of 15 years older than almost everyone in the place...and we had way fewer tattoos. The food was fine...nothing especially notable about it though. I am glad to say I tried this restaurant but don't think I will make the trip back there from south Overland Park anytime soon.Special Features:
- Brunch Success!nomnomnomVIPDined on 8/23/2014This was my second time coming here for brunch, and I was again shocked at how few people were in the restaurant. (There were only two other tables with customers.) However, the food was excellent, and despite the fact that they took Vietnamese coffee off the menu, I was pleased with everything. Definitely on my list of brunch spots in KC.Special Features:
- Remedy is a RemedyJackiechanmoWaldoDined on 8/1/2014As always, good, friendly, and competent service. Brought two guests who speak English as a second language. The server was very helpful with their language ability, but discrete about it. My husband and I visit Remedy fairly regularly, and they are never pretentious. I recently heard the term "bar forward" used in there by a patron. I am not a fan of bars that serve food as an afterthought (quality is almost always sacrificed). If Remedy is focusing on drinks more and food less at this time in their establishment, I would say that the food has maintained its integrity all along. Way to go!Special Features:
- Great dinnerjulcliffDined on 7/25/2014We had the bruschetta as an appetizer and it was delicious...artichoke, parm and roasted red peppers. We both had salads, I had shrimp on mine and my daughter had grilled chicken (very generous portion of chicken breast!). Both were very good. Nice ambiance as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall great experienceBillDined on 7/19/2014We had a very knowledgeable server who helped us choose from the many unique cocktails on the menu. The design and layout of this place is really nice and high end. Food was extremely good. This is an exceptional local neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something Has ChangedKCHOOSIERVIPDined on 7/12/2014It has been about a year since I've been to Remedy, and it appears they've had some kitchen changes. Previously, the food was wonderful, however on this visit, it was disappointing. The mixed grill special contained dry fish and chicken that you couldn't tell had cajun seasoning. My dining partner got the risotto, but it was one of the more flavorless risotto's I have ever had. Our server was great and gave us wonderful drink recommendations, however, it's clear something has happened in the kitchen. I sure hope they can get this corrected, because this could and should be a neighborhood gem.
- GREAT EXPERIENCEBossLadyDined on 7/6/2014Justin was our server, he was awesome! Can't beat bottomless Mimosa's that were never empty! He matched the perfect first experience that was great for a morning brunch with my husband! Steak and eggs with potatoes was our AMAZING brunch. Yum! Go! (I'm the GM of a local restaurant, and they generously gave us an Industry discount!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food in relaxed hip spotKataisiaDined on 6/14/2014We have gone to Remedy for different occasions and always had a wonderful visit. It is great for a date night, but also for a family dinner. The menu is small, which means each item is fresh, well-conceived and innovative. They have daily specials in addition. Despite the limited choices, we always have a hard time deciding between them. The meals are reasonably priced for the quality. The cocktail menu is extensive and if you have a hard time picking a meal, the drink choice may be even harder. The staff are friendly and attentive. The outside seating on a summer evening is lovely as it is partly inside, but you can still feel a part of the neighborhood.Special Features:
- The following 91 reviews are from the Remedy Food + Drink reviews archive.
- Darn - the Corn Dogs are GoneNormKCDined on 5/16/2014Remedy is always great - the bar selection, especially beers, is top notch and the service does not disappoint. The only down side to this most recent visit was learning that the Gourmet Corn Dogs (they are/were stupid good) have been taken off the menu. Which is REALLY too bad. Still worth the trip, but a little bit less unique. Fortunately, the beer selection - bottles and draught - is still superb.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spot for lunch!tonytoreroVIPDined on 4/25/2014We have been here twice over the past couple of months for a weekday lunch and found the food, ambiance and service to be top notch. Each time, Thomas has served us and he's a rock star. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed with new menuFood4thoughtDined on 4/18/2014We had previously enjoyed lunching at Remedy. We went for a light dinner. We ordered the eggplant fries as an appetizer, and were greatly disappointed. They were soggy. Our food was only so-so. We missed the beef on weck sandwich.Special Features:
- Not goodkcgirlDined on 3/29/2014We had a larger group (11) so we made a 7:30 dinner reservation. Our table was ready when we arrived, but that's where the positive feedback ends. It took TWO HOURS for our party to get our food and when it did come, it was riddled with mistakes and missing items: $20 hamburger missing the egg, veggie sandwich missing the jalepenos, salads with incorrect toppings, chicken fried chicken with no mashed potatos & gravy (I mean, really??). I will say that our waitress was very pleasant and trying her best in a situation she couldn't control. We did not get our checks and go until 10:00, so the entire evening was taken up by this poor experience. Lots of good restaurants in KC - try a different one.
- Great drinks. Average foodFoodguruVIPDined on 3/17/2014Went for St Pattys day. Great drinks. Slow bar tender. Took way too long to get drinks even with a slow night. The New Old Fashion made up for average everything else.
- Not muchKChostVIPDined on 3/8/2014Limited menu. Food was prepared and presented well. Nice cocktails. Small venue. Certainly won't be a regular. Just not enough variety.Special Features:
- uncannyim2edibleDined on 2/15/2014Who would of thought that The Remedy food and bar would be such an awesome experience. The whole vibe was extremely welcoming I would absolutely recommend this place to good friends. I'll be back really soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!PatrickkcDined on 2/14/2014Do yourself a favor and order the corn dogs. A little strange having to share on valenteines day, but we enjoyed meeting the other couples. Would go back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful. Bad food limited menuFrequentdinerDined on 2/14/2014Chef Ramsey. A new place for you to target for kitchen rescue. Menu is very limited. Seafood special was frozen and thawed barely and drenched in a velveta like cheese sauce. Short ribs were charred. Had a reservation for two, but had to share table with another couple.
- Valentine DayJohnnyMoDined on 2/14/2014It's always good here - the food is a pleasant surprise. Even though it was Valentine Day, our table was ready right on time. The service was great and the food came out quickly. The seafood fettuccine was outstanding. They make their own pasta and it is worth a return engagement. I'm always happy with whatever comes out of the kitchen here. We like the fries crispy and that are one of the few places that are willing to listen to a request. A great place any time.Special Features:
- Waldo TreasureRyleighKCDined on 2/2/2014This was my first lunch at Remedy. It was Super Bowl Sunday, and my husband and I made last minute reservations on our way out South from the Plaza. The place was crowded, but not annoyingly packed. What a cute atmosphere, with little "ecosystems" in glass containers on each table. The waiter was quick to greet and answered all our questions. The orange parsnip soup was exceptional and my salad was excellent. I was disappointed that the side items were not available, as on Sunday afternoons, only brunch items are available. We will be back for the traditional menu, and I would highly recommend this place to any KC foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remedy Never DisappointsNormKCDined on 1/31/2014Never has. The food is great, the beverage selection is nearly too much, especially if you like beer (really, really good beer), and everyone who works there goes above and beyond to make sure the evening is enjoyable.Special Features:
- My second time here. Can'tLouiseDined on 1/25/2014My second time here. Can't say enough about the wonderful staff and imaginative flavorful food beautifully presented. It will continue to be a go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hipster ParadiseSynergyNTDined on 1/24/2014Everything about this place screamed hipster. From the Moscow Mule mugs to the sofas as booths. We had the only waitress dressed like a normal server (black pants and shirt) and she did a fine job. The food was decent, but nothing special. Even the names of some of the menu items kept the hipster vibe going. Beef on Weck (roast beef sandwich)... Really? If you're into the hipster thing, go for it. Otherwise it's not really likely to be worth trying.Special Features:
- Remedy... Just okayJillVIPDined on 1/19/2014Very clean environment, interesting layout of tables, high tops and couches. Place as a whole seemed very "earthy"; I wouldn't say service was fast, although I kept catching 2 other servers (not ours) staring at us. Kind of like, "what are they doing here" so I wouldn't say it was a comfortable place. Our server was friendly, but not "speedy" and when asked questions she was a little dazed and confused. Had the bread pudding French toast and was so excited to try it but it wasn't anything to write home about... Would not go back - again, it was clean and food was okay but nothing special, except the special case of creepies we got from the staff...
- Great beer list. Good food.travelerVIPDined on 1/18/2014Great beer list. Good food. Accommodating. Very nice staff and chef. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great braised spare ribsSteveDined on 1/18/2014And my girlfriend had a pasta dish she loved very much. Server was knowledgeable about the wine and recommended a very good one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would like to give another chanceNYE2014Dined on 12/31/2013Menu was creative, but many of the items ordered at our table lacked flavor, i.e. mac-n-chs with very little cheese or sauce, or even simple salt and pepper. Beef tenderloin lacked seasoning also. Sweet potato side had very off-putting flavor (everyone tried it and agreed). No one liked the foie gras (even those who actually typically like it). Our server did a decent job, but lacked any enthusiasm or personality. Other staff was very friendly. The drink menu was creative as well, and we did enjoy our cocktails! I would like to give this place another shot, and hope that the food is better next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a Christmas lunchJuliaDined on 12/20/2013This was a Christmas lunch for 7 of my associates-we sat at a long table and no one could have much of a conversation. ALSO, the poeple next to us were dringking and noisy-not their inside "voices". Music was much too loud.
- Love this place!!!PickychefDined on 12/14/2013We were using open table to find new places to try and decided to go in- glad we did! The- I assume owner/manager met us at the door and took us to our table and gave us lots of information on everything from the food to how to use open table! We both had burgers-they were the best I've ever had! And the spinach was excellent too! I have recommended it to lots of friends as a good moderate fun spot to eat. I'll be back there for lunch on Sat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth another tryamckcDined on 12/4/2013I booked a table for 10 at Remedy for a friend's birthday and when we arrived, it was completely empty. I think we may have tried this restaurant right after it opened, so it's worth another shot but I wasn't entirely happy with our visit. Even though we were basically the only table in the place, the waitress took forever to even take our drink order. She couldn't remember what beer they had, and essentially gave me her hand-written notes to look at the "beer list." I'm writing this review a few months after our visit and honestly can't remember what I had to eat, so that's probably not a good sign. I'm hoping that if we decide to eat here again, they've worked out some of their kinks.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/26/2013We went to Remedy for the first time on Saturday and I was very impressed. The restaurant has a great feel, and being a sports fan, I appreciated the number of TV's I was able to catch the games on. The atmosphere is comfortable. The deviled eggs are a must have and this is coming from someone who until I tried theirs never liked them at all. The cocktails are fun and worth the money. I think it would be a perfect place for a girls or guys night out. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the burgers.DigestingWomenDined on 10/26/2013Great & large. Make sure to try the eggplant fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch Was Awesome!nomnomnomVIPDined on 10/26/2013I came here for Saturday brunch, and it was delicious. Although surprisingly not busy, the restaurant exuded a cool vibe and the service was great. I would like to come back for drinks, as I can imagine that there will be more of a crowd at night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeCherbVIPDined on 10/25/2013Nice place, good food and location, but a bit pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutPharbyDined on 8/24/2013I have always had a great experience at Remedy. This time, we made reservations for a Saturday night at 8 for a few friends. We were seated immediately; the restaurant was almost full, but not overcrowded. We were there mostly for cocktails and conversation -- the Apricot in Paradise was very nice, though I would have liked a touch more apricot flavor. The Parisian Poodle was light and refreshing, but the biggest hits were the King Louie and the Lily Pad. We did have appetizers, and they were all fantastic. The Chili Cheese Fries were very good sized (enough for 4 people to be satisfied) and rich with jalapenos, banana peppers slices and sour cream. The falafel had the silkiest texture, and the eggplant frites were superlative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food took an extremely longJayinKCDined on 8/24/2013food took an extremely long time and was not worth the wait. However, the service was excellent and we still had a good time.
- Very disappointed!Charlie81Dined on 8/6/2013After reading mixed reviews online we still wanted to give Remedy a try as we are new to the area. We had read great things about the eggplant fries as an appetizer and those were true to review-great! It was a fairly small portion for 4 people to share, but they were pretty tasty. My husband ordered the duck and came out charred. It was SO burnt!! My husband never complains about food and he spoke up. Duck is very hard to overcook but they managed to do it. It should have never been allowed out of the kitchen looking like it did. I had the chili which was basically a bowl of taco meat with a slice of American cheese melted on the top. I would have expected this from a road side diner, but not a place in Waldo. We will not be back!
- Menu optionsPFieldVIPDined on 8/2/2013Vegetarians will find excellent choices here. The ravioli was outstanding and the eggplant fries are always a hit.Special Features:
- Always a new surprise on the menusingdance2Dined on 7/5/2013We picked Remedy's because we have been there before when they first opened for a special evening. We were impressed with the unique menu items such as "Cauliflower Steak" and mashed potatoes with cauliflower. We have been there for lunch when we ordered Bologna Sandwiches. They always offer fresh local produce items. On Saturday, we wanted to go someplace a little special again, so we went to Remedy. The new menu item (for us) we ordered was Eggplant Fries Appetizer. They were amazing! And the price was very reasonable for the amount of food served. For dinner, my husband had the Pork Tenderloin special and I had the Cacia de Pepe (sp?) Spaghetti with Capicolo Ham and vegetables. Generous servings and great prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great. We did not eat. GreatcaitDined on 6/22/2013Great. We did not eat. Great drink specials and service. THANKSSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2013Our meal Friday evening was wonderful as always, compliments to the hardworking kitchen, staff and bar. We stopped by for Brunch Sunday and it was equally great.Special Features: