853 Laguna Canyon Rd.
Laguna Beach, CA 92651Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.remarkslagunabeach.com/
- Phone: 9497158700
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Californian, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please Contact for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: One side of restaurant or outside patio.
- Private Party Contact: Mark 9496835591
- Entertainment: Starting january 12th late dj and dancing from 10pm till 2am. Every other Saturday only.
A word from ReMark's
Its a small little quaint restaurant, casual yet elegant. Gorgeous bar and lounge and wonderful heated outside seating.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
ReMark's reviews from OpenTable diners
- Love this place! Always haveLVUMDLYDined on 1/23/2014Love this place! Always have a wonderful meal and the staff is terrific. Walk to the festivals or the Play House for a perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SurpriseLagBchChowhoundDined on 1/13/2014Went to ReMark's with some friends and we had a delightful evening. The food was outstanding and we were pleasantly surprised that the noise level was such that we could carry on a pleasant conversation. The waiter was attentive without being overbearing. And the prices were very reasonable considering the quality of our food. Two of us had the sanddabs, one had the short ribs and one the pasta. All was delicious and perfectly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was OKBobbyBVIPDined on 1/11/2014I guess I was expecting a more upscale menu and wine list, more like the original Mark's. But it was ok. Servers were pleasant. Reasonable prices. Pear Salad and Soup more than acceptable. If you just want to relax, not spend a lot of money and not be picky about the wine selection, this would do.Special Features:
- Remark'sDiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/31/2013I didn't walk about away talking about the food, but the staff was exceptional. I wouldn't necessarily go there for a big event, but will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Great tastes and awesome portionsLuisVintheOCDined on 12/31/2013My wife and I went to ReMarks for New Year's Eve dinner. We very much enjoyed the food and experience. Here are the positives . . . Awesome tastes. I had the filet on a bed of spinach and risotto. It was amazing. The mango brie quesadilla was terrific. My wife also enjoyed her salad and salmon entree. The only negative was that they were out of four different menu items at 8 p.m. It could be that they weren't expecting too many people so they didn't order enough food. Also, the house Chardonnay was terrible. However, they substituted in a premium Chard with no up charge. We will definitely go back and recommend this to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where was everyone?krasherDined on 12/12/2013This place is usually crowded. Thursday night the place was empty! It was great! Quiet, great service and good food at a reasonable price. Can't beat that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but...PCHgalDined on 12/6/2013First time at the restaurant. Ordered Sand Dabs and the waiter came back and said, "We don't have Sand Dabs but we have Mahi-Mahi, which is just the same and we will prepare it the same way (as described on the menu)." We were the only ones in the restaurant and it was 7:15pm so I know they did not run out because of numerous orders. I just got back from Hawaii and I had my fill of Mahi-Mahi so I ordered the Cajun Chicken. The other entrees ordered for our table of four had the Short Ribs, Vegetable Tower and the Curry Chicken. All the food was excellent, but the poor service and the lack-of-warmth ambiance put a cloud over the evening. In spite of that, the food was good enough that I would give this place another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 11/22/2013Food was great. The music got a little loud after 7 pmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An unexpected find!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/21/2013Using Open Table, we were looking for a new place to try before heading over to the Laguna Beach Playhouse. There were several to select in Laguna Beach but given the reviews, we decided to try Remarks. What can we say - Great Find! Food was excellent! Service was good! The people friendly and better yet, the pricing more than fair! Only suggestion - they are tucked back-up in a small complex and very hard to see - but worth looking for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindTobyDined on 11/21/2013Very, very good and friendly service. Makes you want to come back again and bring friends. Small and quaint, and I like it that way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remarkable Remark'sTCRhinoDined on 11/9/2013This is a wonderful gem in the Laguna Beach Canyon. Next to the Sawdust Festival grounds, this perfect and stylish restaurant is worth seeking out. Great ambience and even better food, it must be a neighborhood favorite and an absolute treasure - GO!Special Features:
- Will be back!KimpozVIPDined on 11/8/2013Everything from the host, service, food, etc was great! Loved the ahi tuna tower for appetizer. The portion sizes of entrees were excellent. Love the Thai curry chicken. Yummy!Special Features:
- Great food, easy on the walletLagunaLocalDined on 11/4/2013First time visit to ReMarks. Went on half price Monday with a friend, his first visit also. Enjoyed my meal. I ordered the Mango Quesidilla, was OK, also had the Caprese Salad which was very good. For my entree I had the Beef Short Ribs which was excellent. My friend ordered the Mango Quesidilla, Caesar Salad and Filet Mignon. He enjoyed his meal. We made reservations for 6pm and arrived a little bit early which was not a problem as our table was set and ready for us. Was glad we got there early as it became very busy. The noise level was terrible! This is NOT the place for quiet conversation! Would dine here again on half price Mondays but would arrive at opening, 5pm to avoid the noise.Special Features:
- DisappointingbeedubDined on 10/19/2013Saturday night, empty restaurant. Horrible service, food was fair.
- Noise level is quiet if youRoseVIPDined on 10/19/2013Noise level is quiet if you sit outdoors; inside it is moderate to loud. Enjoyed the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet at Great ValueYorbaLinda2Dined on 10/16/2013Great find! My foodie friends from the East Coast and I were impressed with the eclectic, gourmet, value-priced California cuisine that Mark and his friendly staff served two days ago. I stick to the tasty and tender filet mignon with spinach and risotto while my husband prefers the sand dabs. Our server Robert was very attentive and professional. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the happy hour! DeliciousPhylTheFoodieVIPDined on 10/14/2013Enjoyed the happy hour! Delicious sand dabs. I will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu was limited, but whatdundeeDined on 10/9/2013Menu was limited, but what we had was very good and the prices were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service &FoodShamanthaDined on 10/4/2013Juan is Terrific!!! Sit in his section. Food is amazing. We'll be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2013A great meal, atmosphere and very well priced. A definite return is in order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and servicesaraDined on 9/23/2013had an early dinner and sat outside on this balmy night. ahi was great and will order again (soon!) good crunchy bread. friendly attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, great value!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/23/2013Sit on the patio! LIke so many places today, to noise is actually painful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!PrudenceDined on 9/14/2013Stumbled across ReMark's while visiting the sawdust festival. What a Fantastic find! Fabulous food, friendly, personable service. Made a second visit to celebrate my husbands birthday and was not disappointed- same great experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Secret Treasure!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2013ReMarks isn't easy to find. It is in a little strip mall on Laguna Canyon Road, right next to where they hold the Sawdust Festival. But once you find it, you'll return again and again! The food is amazing! The filet mignon tacos as an appetizer are unbelievable! The short ribs melt in your mouth! And the service is impeccable! They are attentive but comfortable and casual. Indoors or out, the atmosphere is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remarks for RemarksRobPDined on 9/4/2013Food is excellent, priced more than fair for the quality and portions provided, plated well, and the service was very good. The house cab (forgot the name) was smooth w/ a robust bouquet; and I also had a well poured vodka soda. We enjoyed the mango-brie casadilla appetizer; wife did petite fillet over risotto and I had the white fish, lightly breaded w/ lemon sauce and garlic mashed. All delicious! We will be back for sure!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary at Remark'sJQBearDined on 8/31/2013The staff is very friendly and it was nice to see the owner (Mark himself) working and making sure everything was going well. The ambience is sophisticated without being fussy or self-absorbed. The food was tasty and the portions just right, and the prices were fair. We'll definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Laguna JemChuckVIPDined on 8/31/2013My wife and I enjoyed a comfortable outside dining experience last Saturday evening. We were served by a special young lady, Briegh, who was very attentive to our request. And the owner, Mark came by and took time to talk with each of the patrons. My Ahi Tower was incredible. Not only top quality, the food presentation was superb. Both wine and food were very reasonably priced. This is a hidden jem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved ReMark's!!Don7VIPDined on 8/30/2013We had a great time dining at ReMark's on a Friday evening before attending the Festival of Arts & Pageant afterwards - so convenient to just walk across the street. The staff was very friendly & Helpful with the menu items. We selected the ReMark;s salad & Pear salad for starters - both excellent - but the best was the Rib Eye Steak topped with Jack Daniel's Bourbon Carmel sauce and Blue Cheese & Arugula - cooked perfectly - we just wanted more. Would love to have the recipe for the sauce. Also the Mushroom Risotto was a perfect side dish. Definitely will come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Great ServiceTonyVIPDined on 8/26/2013Had the short rib after enjoying an ahi tower appetizer. Both were delicious. Other members of our dining party had the pear salad and filet mignon. All was delicious and the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little find in LagunamichelleDined on 8/23/2013We were attending the Pageant of the Masters and wanted to find someplace to have a quick and easy dinner beforehand and also be able to have wine and "walk" the the theater. ReMarks was perfect. Right across the street from the Pageant. Service was wonderful. Atmosphere was not stuffy at all, but dressy enough to feel like you were having a nice dining experience. The menu was simple (I had filet mignon on a bed of mashed potatoes). It was excellent, not too filling and extremely reasonable. I felt as though I had a fancy dining experience without the over bloated costs. Wine and drink selections were plentiful. And, the best part, was that the owner came by and asked about our experience and thanked us. Great Experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New Place in Laguna BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2013All of our dishes were outstanding. The service was excellent. Highly recommended for dinner before The Pageant of the Masters. Walking distance - only one block away!Special Features:
- a local FavoriteMikeADined on 8/21/2013Mark DePalma continues to provide good food at resonable prices. The filet tacos are great and I want to order a dozen. The scallops are cooked to perfection, seared on the outside and tender and moist on the inside. yum! Service was superior and our waitstaff helpful, friendly and knowlegable abou the menu and his favorites. Can't go wrong with Mark's, I mean Re-Marks's again and again....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was amazing!TravelmomVIPDined on 8/19/2013We were greeted warmly and treated like family. This is a lovely, small, friendly restaurant in Laguna Canyon with an interesting (and good!) menu. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Casual Date NightMrsKShellVIPDined on 8/17/2013We booked for a last minute date. Always reliable, tasty cuisine. Smaller portions are great to try different things. Gave a 4 star because they were sold out of a few items. Juan gave us great service gain. Try it!!Special Features:
- Just a great find.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2013Service, food and pricing make this our new favorite place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for the PageantStephenVIPDined on 8/14/2013My girlfriend and I wanted to see the Pageant of the Masters and also wanted to have dinner locally prior. I stumbled upon ReMark's and had to try it. We were not disappointed. From the cocktails to the appetizers to the entrees to dessert - ReMark's NAILED IT! We had such great service and a wonderful energy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Place to Dine before FOAMloubpDined on 8/13/2013After reading the various reviews on this place, I was expecting to be wow'd. Unfortunately, it was just ok. No complaints about the price or the service...the food just wasn't anything special. We ordered the sirloin tacos (I've had better carne asada tacos at drive-thru taco stands...not a lot of flavor in the beef), ReMark's Salad, Tornado Salmon, Braised Short Ribs (had to send my risotto back because it was crunchy...it was replaced with garlic mashed potatoes which were the tastiest item out of everything), and the chocolate dome (just ok...definitely needed the vanilla ice cream I ordered to go with it).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit the spot at a great spotCB2005Dined on 8/10/2013We were heading to the Sawdust festival and knew we wanted to make reservations as to not have to wait after strolling and shopping in the early evening. ReMark's came up and we thought we'd give it a try based on the great reviews. We were NOT dissapointed. Tasty dishes, friendly service, great prices and perfect location for the summer festivals. Glad we found this little place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is greatWeezieDined on 8/10/2013Portions and pricing are perfect. Quality of food is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2013We had a great dinner before the Pageant of the Masters. The food was great, their bread is really yummy, and the prices are super reasonable, especially compared to some of the other eateries in Laguna. Smaller menu, but all the bases were covered!! Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.