7000 Rivers Avenue
North Charleston, SC 29406Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.culinaryinstituteofcharleston.com/
- Phone: 8438205087x
- Hours of Operation:
Relish Restaurant Lunch: Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday: 12:00pm - 1:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday & Thursday: 6:30pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, International
- Executive Chef: Donald Barickman and Kevin Mitchell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access
A word from Relish
Experience downtown dining in this bright contemporary restaurant that garnered LS3P Associates an ASID Merit Award in Institutional Design. Located in the Culinary Institute of Charleston’s Main Campus, skilled CIC students produce and serve the creative cuisine. Diners may select either a day featuring the diverse dishes of the Americas produced by Chef Donald Barickman’s American Regional Cuisine class or one featuring the global flavors of world fare from Chef Kevin Mitchell’s International Cuisine class. Offering both lunch and dinner service, The Relish Restaurant Group® Dining Room provides the most attractive value and venue in the neighborhood. (Please note: Because both the dining rooms and the student-run kitchens of The Relish Restaurant Group® Restaurant and our sister restaurant 181 Palmer are classrooms, the days and hours of operation are determined by the college’s calendar.)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Relish reviews from OpenTable diners
- Wonderful experience, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/17/2014This is a restaurant within a Culinary Arts School (within a college itself). The food was spectacular as well as the atmosphere. Service was outstanding. I've been to events where these culinary students have catered and I have NEVER had a bad experience or bad food.Special Features:
- crème de la crèmedebsdefendersDined on 4/17/2014This is my new favorite restaurant! The culinary students are being graded for their wonderful creations of fine food prep and service...I give them an A+. This is a real treat for a fine dining experience and the cost with a drink is only $12.00 TOTAL! Wow....what a great find! We all loved it. I can't wait until they reopen after summer break.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy & affordable Fine DiningKellyDined on 4/16/2014Very class fine dining restaurant at very affordable price. I bring 5 friends last time and I am not even spend a $100. The place is very cozy, ambiance is great, specially if they will play Jazz music, it could be much better.Special Features:
- Our group of 4 certainly enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014Our group of 4 certainly enjoyed our dinner.....Ellis was our server and he was attentive and professional. We will definitely be back....probably with some husbands in tow. Dinner was lovely and served in a timely fashion. Our water glasses were never empty. Kudos to Relish! See you in June.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Students out perform competitions..carmieDined on 4/3/2014We have been there for lunch with our church group, great food and service. Had our first evening meal with a darling server and great food. For the dollar it is a real find to enjoy. Bakery is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SchoolHeidiDined on 4/3/2014Our son is in the culinary program at Trident and we love to go and support the students and this program. They do a wonderful job and it is fun to talk with the students and watch them cook through the window to the kitchen and the webcam. ThanksI would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 course mealjuststudentDined on 3/27/2014Lovely experience, the student server was very nice, food was delicious and filling. My husband and I had a free dinner and have future reservations.Special Features:
- disappointed in the food!thedeansDined on 3/27/2014just ok shecrab soup! shrimp & grits horrible, catfish great/stew & rice horrible, Gullah rice poor texture.. disappointing in all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great. The themeGaterDined on 3/27/2014The food was great. The theme lunch was Gulah. I can't wait unitl my next reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RelishFoodie4lifeDined on 3/20/2014This place is located in trident tech campus... A lovely 3 course meal for only $12... And service was great.Special Features:
- Isabel was sweet attentivethedeansDined on 3/18/2014Isabel was sweet attentive waitstaff.. she was able to describe each dish very well & accurately! dinner was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Throw this gem her way!!TCSimmonsDined on 2/27/2014Guys...looking for something interesting to do on date night? Sure you can do the same ole thing...that takes a whole lot of effort on your part I know. Throw a reservation to Relish her way and watch her smile. Especially if she's a foodie. The meal you're gonna get would cost you 60 bucks a piece downtown or in a hipster west ashley joint. Your cost...12 bucks. What could you possibly get for 12 bucks right?....riiiigghhhhttt! Go check out the website dude. Do yourself a favor. She'll love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New downtown - Relish North CharlesKellyDined on 2/27/2014The food cost is affordable, and the ambiance is so classy specially if they put some jazz music, then I don't need to go to downtown. :-) I bring 4 friends last time and they are all satisfied from the hostess, server and food.Special Features:
- Will Come Againspiralaim1Dined on 2/27/2014I love this restaurant. The menu that night wasn't my particular favorite but it will not stop me from coming again. Everything is always very high quality and the staff is always pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/27/2014The food was incredible along with the service. Enjoyed every aspect of itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Polish night!SandyDined on 2/25/2014I loved the ethnic food, polish and Ukrainian food night. I noticed that the diners were very bothered by my baby but the students were so accommodating! . I mean it is a school not the ritz people! This is my new favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining ExperienceCaukDined on 2/25/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed dining at the Culinary Institute of Charleston. The atmosphere is casual, yet elegant. The food is always delicious and interesting. We especially liked the German dishes served that day. The student servers are knowledgeable and friendly. The price is great considering the quality of everything. We would highly recommend this restaurant experience to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Serverspiralaim1Dined on 2/20/2014I really enjoyed my server. She went out of her way to make sure that we were comfortable and that we understood what we were eating. She was a very caring person and added so much to the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and affordable!JoyceDined on 2/19/2014My friend and I have been having lunch at this restaurant at TTC for a few years now. The food is prepped by aspiring chefs, and served by hospitality students. On this occasion, we chose a Wednesday to have lunch and the menu was 'heart healthy'. The salad was great, as was the chicken, rice and broccoli. The dessert was three slices of green apple with a small amount of cream on top. It was a healthy version of apple crisp, but the apple slices were quite big, and hard, and needed to be cut in half to eat. Unfortunately, the server had removed our knives already, and we were left with just dessert forks to eat it. A new healthy dessert would be better. Also, since no bread was served, the butter and bread plates were not necessary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I don't know of any othertrynewthingsDined on 2/18/2014I don't know of any other place in the tri county where you can get gourmet dining with your own private server for these kinds of prices. The student chefs do a fabulous job creating some fantastic and unique food flavors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relish changes N Charleston choicesFoodwriterDined on 2/6/2014With the exception of the Park circle area, there are mostly chain dining options in North Charleston. Relish changed that. Located on TTC's campus, it's a student-operated restaurant that serves very good food for lunch and dinner. Three courses are only $12. And now each day's menu is on the restaurant's website. We had dishes from Louisiana - big fat shrimp with Louis sauce, shrimp creole, and bananas Foster beignets. Very good deal for $12.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Business LunchRBSCVIPDined on 2/4/2014Relish provides a unique experience in a quiet setting - rarely found in Charleston. Most restaurants are so bustling at lunch particularly in the N Charleston business and military corridor that it's impossible to have a conversation at a reasonable level. Relish takes care of that. As long as diners are prepared for some minor inconsistencies and are not in a huge hurry, this is the place to go. It is difficult to find and the menu is limited, but every choice offered was delicious. Our waitress was very pleasant and the cost is incredibly reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening Outluv2dineDined on 12/9/2013While this is a classroom you may be surprised by the quality of the food and service. Like this "community gem." Great for lunch too!Special Features:
- what a delightful find! can'tthedeansDined on 12/5/2013what a delightful find! can't wait to do it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relish Roomluv2dineDined on 12/5/2013Continues to impress! Great food and wonderful service.Special Features:
- The Culinary School's Relishluv2dineDined on 11/26/2013The Culinary School's Relish Dining Room menu changes with each semester. We have enjoyed the food which the students have prepared. Since the dining room is one of the students "classrooms," service can be unpredictable - generally is it good. Would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- where to lookleewDined on 11/25/2013The food was generally memorable. The beef dish was not up to expectations -- too tough - not eaten for this reasonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best deal in town!redhare54Dined on 11/18/2013I love going to Relish, first of all the price is amazing. The food is very well prepared and the presentation is on spot. The wait staff (this is a class that must be taken for certificates) were simply delightful, it is so nice to see people really trying to perform good customer service. The best deal in town for sure!I would recommend this to a friend.
- I want to go backNickelbackDined on 11/14/2013I want to try every appetizer and every main course and desert.... that means several trips to look forward to. It's hard to rate "ambience" other than "interesting" because I don't see the opportunity to see the kitchens in most restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- North Charleston's best lunchFoodwriterDined on 11/13/2013Relish is the Culinary Institute of Charleston's restaurant on TTC's Main Campus. And it's a great place to have lunch! Located in an area of Rivers Avenue with mostly chain choices, Relish has excellent freshly prepared food. It's also a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I get to dine at Relish (previouslyFrederickTheGreatDined on 11/12/2013I get to dine at Relish (previously Mikasa) at the Culinary Institute of Charleston once a semester. The type of dining changes frequently. This is the first time I have had dinner and it was a delightful experience. The students are gracious, some more enthusiastic than others and it is fun to learn about their area of expertise at the school and their goals. There are some very interesting responses. The menu selection were all appealing and the final dishes were positively delicious. From soup to nuts - this was a great meal and one of the best deals in Cahrleston. The only thing missing was wine service!Special Features:
- EnjoyableHaydeeDined on 11/12/2013Great place to go with friends where you can talk and have a great meal for a great price. I love that they use table clothes and linens.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TTC Relish Room ReviewjudymDined on 11/12/2013The food was very well seasoned and flavorful. The wait staff was attentive and made sure that our drinks were constantly refilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Community Gem"luv2dineDined on 11/12/2013We have always found the food to be excellent. You certainly cannot complain about the price. Service can be uneven - - but remember this is a classroom.Special Features:
- Dining at the RelishOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/12/2013The Relish offers a great way to experience foods from different cultures locally and internationally. I enjoyed not only the food, but the service and the hospitality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine dining and service on a budgetspiralaim1Dined on 11/7/2013Support future culinary artists at a bargain. Creative, original recipes in three courses for an interesting dining experience. I'm looking forward to next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- relishSteveDined on 10/10/2013what do you recommend this restaurant for? I would recommend Relish to anyone that is new at fine dinning.The food is always great and the service is spot on. It's not your every day meal.It give's you the chance to try new thing's .At a very affordable price.Seem's that they like to challenge the student's I made a special request to have banana's foster for desert and they complied.
- Great experience.YBFastDined on 10/8/2013This is actually a cooking and food service school. The setup and service is designed to be the best and the food was outstanding. The students cook and serve but are closely supervised by the instructors and there are even TV's with videos showing the students preparing your meals in the kitchen. Lunch did not include any alcoholic drinks, but the ginger lemonade and the cappuccino with dessert were great. Lunch is noon to 1:30, but you need to go at 1:30 because the students need to continue their classes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TTC's CIAHammer49Dined on 10/2/2013Culinary Institute's training facility...classic high end, dining for lunch or evening meals. Limited seating. Fixed price meals. Exceptional, pleasing flavors. Superb service. Video monitors and large window views of pristine kitchen and the army of workers. Staffed by students, this is an amazing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What I relish about RelishPapaDined on 10/1/2013My wife passed away nearly 2 years ago and I have been doing a lot of dining out as a result. I've tried many restaurants of which many of them are tolerable. But, Relish is one that I would patronize often as long as it meets at least the same standards that it did on my visit this time. Everything about the meal was excellent. This was a unique dining experience.Special Features: