Relish Burger Bistro - The Phoenician
6000 E. Camelback Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Relish Burger Bistro - The Phoenician
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thephoenician.com/dining
- Phone: 4804232530x
- Hours of Operation:
June 9 - August 28
Closed at 5pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Frank Belosic
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Relish Burger Bistro with breath taking views of our award winning golf course is a spectacular location to host your private event. With several areas that include inside and outside locations for your reception or dinner.
Call (480)-941-8200 ext. 3755 to speak with a Catering Professional to plan your truly memorable experience.
A word from Relish Burger Bistro - The Phoenician
With breathtaking views of the golf course, Relish Burger Bistro is our newest culinary creation and one of the best lunch and dinner restaurants in Scottsdale, AZ. This casual dining spot at the upper level of the golf clubhouse is perfect for watching the game or lunching with friends. Our innovative menu is a fun twist on the American classic, with a selection of premium kobe burgers, select garnishes, sides, salads, spiked shakes, cocktails, a large tequila collection and our latest offering of 74 beers, including 11 indigenous selections. Join us for daily happy hour specials 3pm- 6pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Relish Burger Bistro - The Phoenician - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Relish Burger Bistro - The Phoenician reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (12)great for lunch (9)great for outdoor dining (8)good for groups (4)fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (3)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)romantic (1)special occasion (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Not for VegetariansLandPVIPDined on 8/26/2014Very limited menu for non meat eaters. Burgers are great but my veggie wife had only one menu choice.
- CriticalReviewersVIPDined on 8/15/2014Relish Burger is a fun and classy sports bar. The food is really good, servers are very accommodating and helpful and the TV volume is kept low. We'll plan a return visit when the weather is cooler and we can sit outside on the deck overlooking the golf course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressed for the priceRichDVIPDined on 8/9/2014I have had better burgers at less than half their price of $16. The tots are a very good replacement for fries. Our server was more interested in conversing with the adjacent table than us while pouring waters---she was helpful with menu choices but did not visit the table very often after the orders were placed.
- happy anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014My husband and I went there to celebrate our anniversary. I had requested "the quietest" table, by a window. We were seated under a television screen, next to a large group of people with a baby. Ugh! The view was beautiful as always. Our food was overcooked. We both ordered the mushroom swiss, medium done and we both received very well done. The waitress was a gem.Special Features:
- DisappointingBabs93Dined on 8/2/2014When I booked my reservation I noted that it was a birthday celebration for my 13 year old son. When we got to the restaurant our group was sat in a corner. I asked for a table with a view and was told that they were for the people who made reservations. I mentioned that we did have a reservation and our hostess told me that our table was the only one available. I did note at the time that the restaurant was not packed. At the end of the meal, our server did not offer dessert. I thought they might at least bring out a scoop of ice cream with a candle, or at least ask if we'd like that. The only reason I gave it 2 stars instead of 1 is that I did enjoy my black bean burger and it seemed that the rest of my party enjoyed their food too.
- Great HamburgerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Actually the Kobe burger was worth $16 (plus we had a two for one card). Delicious! My daughter had the salmon burger and loved it. Great fries too! The multiple TV's in the dining area are somewhat distracting, but this is a golf resort. Server efficient, but somewhat slow.Special Features:
- disappointeddisappointedOnbdayDined on 6/28/2014We made reservations. Sign said seat yourself. We asked the waitress what we should do since we had reservations. She abruptly said sit wherever I'll check you in. 15 min later we had to remind them that we were there. We were askes multiple times of we had a reservation. Finally we got some waters. We barely saw the waitress and had to ask for plates and other items. When we went to pay the waitress made a big deal about how we wanted to split the check. Before we got the check she went on break nad someone else took our payment so we had to go over it again when she came back from break. Average food, horrible service, good drinks. We expected more considering the location. It was my birthday so it was extra disappointing.Special Features:
- MikeDined on 6/27/2014Nothing exciting; OK for a burger place. Hits Scottsdale or Phoenix restaurants instead.
- Burger phenomenon!BricktownegirlDined on 6/21/2014My husband and I agreed that it possibly could have been the best burger we've ever had. That is saying alot considering we use to own our own tavern that was know for the burgers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 Thumbs UpPNGSctsdaleVIPDined on 6/15/2014Fabulous food, terrific service, and great atmosphere! On our favorites list for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgersPD623VIPDined on 5/26/2014The burgers were excellent but the price was $16 each. If you would like a "very small" salad instead of the tots that is an extra $3.50. The sweet potato fries came heavily spiced even though we asked for no spice and they were cold. For what you paid you expect more attention to details. Probably will not go again.Special Features:
- just okLorenDined on 5/9/2014Setting and view are outstanding . food not quite up to that level. Little overpricedSpecial Features:
- The following 78 reviews are from the Relish Burger Bistro - The Phoenician reviews archive.
- EnjoyableaksquirlDined on 4/22/2014We lucked out and got seated outside. The buyers and salads were quite tasty and the tater top baskets were darned cute. We also split a cookie skillet for dessert. Yummy!Special Features:
- HUGE BurgersWgilkisonVIPDined on 3/23/2014Great burgers which are six inches bun-to-bun. Pulled pork sliders are delicious. Service only so-so. But if our table had been by a window or on the balcony, as we requested, the wait would have been forgotten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- relishLindyVIPDined on 3/5/2014The waitress was very unapproachable. She never smiled and was very rushed. I asked my firends who were with us why there was a charge for guacamole,and she came around the corner obviously listening and said well there is a charge for the guacomole. (I had not seen it on the menu). The menu has changed, we have been there many times before,and like the old menu better. We will not go back there.Special Features:
- Disappointed at The PhoeniciancgnycDined on 2/28/2014I brought in 20 people from a meetup group. They refused to offer separate checks even though restaurant was empty. They never refilled water glasses. Poor service. Even though I am a SPG platinum card holder they refused to bring over paperwork to get points even after asking them several times. I will never patronize this establishment again. For the positives I thought their happy hour was a good deal for this location.
- Great burgers;pleasant ambiance,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/29/2014Great burgers;pleasant ambiance, not noisy; super obliging and helpful server. Would return any time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a burgerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/24/2014This is a great burger/ salad place, for after golf or dinner. We really appreciate the fact that you can order the burger Without the bun. We go early, so the noise level is always low. The ambiance was lovely, wait staff was-very personable And accommodating. Our food was outstanding, Kobe burgers and turkey burgers, as were the salads. I suspect there are no "misses" on The menu. Drinks were equally as good. We will definitely go again, and take friends there. On a warmer evening the patio will be our choice only because Outside in Phoenix right now is so pleasant. My only complaint was cost of drinks but next time I'll order off the Happy Hour drink list. But....my drink was very good .I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Place to CelebrateMegganDined on 1/17/2014Went for the first time with friends to celebrate their engagement. The staff seemed to be excited to be a part of the celebration as well. Burgers were great, wine was tasty and the NACHOS were amazing. Nice little spot we will return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super burger spotMicahBVIPDined on 12/29/2013We kept being told that this place had the best burgers in town--beef, turkey, veggie. With tater tots. They were excellent. Also had the fried pickles and the tableside smores for dessert. Lots of big screens for sports TV viewing. We were there for a game and sat for 3+ hours. Great service throughout. Also an extensive drink and beer menu. If we lived nearby, this would be a hangout for games and good food. We were staying here, at the Phoenician--so it was also quite convenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite Show-off PlacecheepmomDined on 12/20/2013I love the atmosphere and the view to help me show off my neighborhood to my out-of-town guests. The food is great, too.Special Features:
- Our first time won't be our lastHereFromTucsonVIPDined on 12/13/2013Parking was easy, free, and nearby. The restaurant is on the second floor with an outdoor eating area that overlooks the golf course. The seats indoors that are nearest the windows have the same view. Further away from the windows, the view is still lovely as you look out onto the greenery. The menu for lunch was diverse. Same for the wine selection. The lounge, which is aligned with the outdoor seating, is pleasant, bright yet clubby with the wood bar and stools. There are multiple televisions throughout so the dining room is a bit loud. The service was top notch. Because of the nice experience on the resort property and in the restaurant, The Phoenician will be our next stop for an in-state getaway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good burgers but tator tots?!?!PhxDinerVIPDined on 9/30/2013Can't believe they charge more for french fries than the tator tots that are included with each $16+ burger option.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgers but!!!!!LuluVIPDined on 9/28/2013The burgers were excellent! We went there for restaurant week & it was an amazing deal! Our reservation was at 8:30pm & another table of 6 came in before 9pm & were seated right next to us. They ordered immediately & at around 9:20pm the server announced last call for alcohol to this table as the bartender was leaving. They had just received their appetizers. Being in the business myself I found this very off putting as most restaurants make their profit in alcohol! Also the guests were upset! A bad decision all around considering this is also all I think about when thinking of going back there!Special Features:
- Restaurant weekBurgerfan4Dined on 9/27/2013Went to this restaurant to take advantage of their restaurant week offering. Was a bit disappointed that they ran out of smoked duck tacos as the first course. Despite that I really enjoyed the options and how the food was prepared. Everything was very tasty and added nice touches to what you would consider comfort food items.Special Features:
- Lunch with a ViewenjoyfoodDined on 9/21/2013Met a friend for lunch and we both had delicious Kobe burgers. I had a Bleu Burger and ordered mine with a knife and fork and the burger came on top of a salad with a basket of sweet potato fries. My friend had a Cowboy burger and that came with a basket of tater tots. We looked out at the Phoenician golf course. After lunch, we stopped at their bar and had a drink. Big mistake!! My Cosmo was $19!!! My friend's Manhattan was $17!! That was more than our lunch! So eat at Relish Burger Bistro...just don't order alcohol!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relish was a great find. IgolfandeatVIPDined on 9/1/2013Relish was a great find. I enjoy a well made burger and the restaurant nailed it. The atmosphere was comfortable without being too stuffy. Their beer and tequila selection were fairly sizable and the s'mores at the end are definitely worth saving room for. I have already recommended Relish to friends and will be back for another burger soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burger restaurant. IPaulieWalnutsDined on 8/2/2013Great burger restaurant. I always seem to forget about it when I crave a good burger. Executive Sous Chef Lee Hillson has really made a difference to this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced but good burgersFurloughed1VIPDined on 7/18/2013The burgers are very tasty. You have quite a number of choices. They all come with Tater Tots. Unfortunately, each burger choice is at least $16, which is overpriced. And the drinks are expensive as well. I guess that is what one has to expect from a restaurant at an exclusive resort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance could be betterDinr42Dined on 7/4/2013Staying at Phoenician, this is a convenient place for burgers and other casual fares. Not sure I would go back as acoustics are not great and hard to carry on conversations. Food is good however had better gourmet burgers Tater tots and sweet potato fries somewhat cooked to a crisp. Gave it an overall mid range as I would recommend trying it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Good view.CaptnVIPDined on 6/13/2013Great place to take in a game. Good food and good service. This is more of a sports bar to me.Special Features:
- Good food slow servicevisitingVIPDined on 5/26/2013The food that we had was good. We went as part of restaurant week. The place was not busy and yet the service was very slow. Between our salad and the entree it was a very long time. The waitress was nice I think that it was a kitchen issue.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant. We tookOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/22/2013Great restaurant. We took the opportunity to sample this location during restaurant week and the set menu was fantastic. The chef knows what he/she is doing here. The presentation was very impressive, and the portion size was just right. We had our two 5-year olds with us and the kid menu was amazing. This was the first place that we’ve seen give kids a coloring book – not just a single sheet of paper. Although we got as far as sampling the local beers that were on tap, they have an extensive list of wines, beers and spirits. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodsmokedgoudaDined on 5/20/2013My significant other and I dined at Relish during Arizona Restaurant week. Everything that we ate was extremely tasty and very well balanced... though I must say that the salads we had (Kumato Tomatoe Salad and Avocado, Jicima, and Orange Salad) were the standouts of the meal. All of the ingredients were very fresh and complimented each other perfectly. The only reason I am rating the restaurant a bit low is because of the service. Our server was very nice but it took a long time for us to get our meal. There was a good 20 minutes between each course and the bill took a long time to arrive. We were there about 2 hours. Otherwise, it was a great experience!Special Features:
- Just the Best!ClaireLuminousVIPDined on 5/18/2013I've enjoyed RESISH before. Yesterday I took a friend there, and was proud. She loved it too and I'm sure she's been raving about it to her gazillion friends! :)Special Features:
- We love the burgers and serviceluv2eatVIPDined on 5/15/2013We love the burgers and service here so much we went back 2 days in a row!! And a they have a great tequlia and margaritta list. So if you golf poorly or not have a marg at relish for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgersStlenexaDined on 5/3/2013This was our first time at Relish. The burgers were very good, but the atmosphere, not so much. We visited on a friday night at 7:00. We ate outdoors on the patio where there were about 8 tables, three that were occupied at the time. It was very still and quiet which made it feel dull. Some background music might have helped. Can't say what the inside atmosphere was like, as we never went into the dining room. I don't think we will return, as I'm sure there are more energetic atmosphered burger bars out there, but glad we tried it.
- Burger with a ViewLovesFoodVIPDined on 4/6/2013Relish Burger Bistro is basically the restaurant at the golf club of the resort. Very nice, as you would expect from the Phoenician. Great views of the greens. We have been here several times for the delicious burgers and fried pickles. Food is always very good. Service is good, but somehow we seem to wait for the food to come out even with the place not being busy. After several times coming here, in my opinion... its the kitchen that is lagging the food up. Not sure why, maybe understaffed (?) The servers are always pleasant and offer to fill the time gap waiting for the food with refills of beverages, and small talk. But even the wait times getting the food, its worth iSpecial Features:
- You would think with a nameOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/31/2013You would think with a name like "Relish Burger Bistro" and being located at a fine resort like the Phoenician that it would be a cool, hip place. Rather, it's an old, stuffy banquet type of room that must not have been getting enough use or business. So they just decided to serve burgers there. My burger was way overcooked (asked for medium rare & got well done) and my fries were cold. Service was very slow too...never got any drink refills or had anyone ask about my meal. Definitely not worth the money and won't waste my time going back there.
- Horrible food, extremely slowOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/24/2013Horrible food, extremely slow service, exceptionally loud and over priced. It took well over 15 minutes just to get a glass of water. cocktail service and entres were equally slow. I don't recommend and will not return. A very disappointing experience. Was looking for a casual dining experience. In retrospect, we should have tried one of the other hotel restaurants.Special Features: