Rein at the Garden City Hotel
45 7th Street
Garden City, NY 11530Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Rein at the Garden City Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gardencityhotel.com/
- Phone: 5168779385x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 6:30-11:00 am
Lunch: 11:30-2:30 pm
Dinner: 5:30-10:30 pm
Late Night: 10:00-till close
Sunday Brunch: Seatings Begin at 11:45 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Mandato
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Rein, of The Garden City Hotel, is available for your private function or social gathering. With two private dining rooms, it is the ideal setting for artistic dinner parties and creative culinary events. Let our cuisine, wine and atmosphere make your occasion a memorable success!
Rein Private Events invites you to host a wide variety of culinary events creatively designed to educate and entertain up to 100 guests.
Please contact Private Dining Coordinator Brittany Holihan.
- Private Party Facilities: Rein the signature restaurant of The Garden City Hotel is proud to present our Private Dining facilities.
The Polo Dining Room and Wine Room available for affairs of 12 to 100 guests offers classic elegance in a relaxed and comforting setting.
While our 5 star caliber service sets the tone to create a memorable experience for your special occasion or corporate mixer. Contact Brittany Holihan, Private Dining Coordinator, to assist in making your next party an event your guests will be talking about for years.
- Private Party Contact: Brittany Holihan 5168779385x
- Special Events: Hi! The text for the Chef's Table, limited to 16 seats:
Join us for an exclusive front-row dining experience in the world-class kitchen of Executive Chef Michael Mandato.
$150 per person Limited Seating Available
Includes elaborate five-course meal with a selection of perfectly paired wines.
A representative of Rein will contact you upon completing your reservation to take payment information over the phone.
A word from Rein at the Garden City Hotel
Polo Steakhouse, a quintessential American Steakhouse, is led by Executive Chef Michael Mandato. Chef Mandato's menu features grilled steaks and chops - all 28-day dry aged USDA prime grade beef- along with raw bar, signature dishes and mouth-watering desserts. Re-imagined by Italian designer Marcello Pozzi, Polo Steakhouse incorporates hand-laid mahogany herringbone floors with deep cabernet textiles and custom made Italian furniture. Polo Steakhouse seats approximately 120 and includes The Wine Room, a private dining space for special events and celebrations for up to 50 guests. Open for lunch Monday through Friday, dinner served daily 5:30pm-10pm. The Garden City Hotel's famous brunch will continue on Sundays and Saturday's Polo Lounge will serve lighter fare and the hotel's renowned tea service. Polo Lounge is open for cocktails dailyContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rein at the Garden City Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
- Wonderful Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2013Went there for our anniversary. Great service, great food, and a staff that was very attentive. I will be back there soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spent my birthday with a couple1birthdaygurlDined on 10/13/2013Spent my birthday with a couple of friends over your Sunday brunch. I don't know where to begin. For starters staff were extremely accommodating. Service was great. Food- overwhelming but delicious. .My only regret is that I didn't get the opportunity to sample more than hslf of the other food selections that I had to leave behind because I did not have any more room in my stomach.I will definitely return before the year is out.Thanks for making my special day memorable.♡Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent romantic date restaurantreinsupremeDined on 8/16/2013Cozy, exceptional wait staff, the pianist was phenomenal...played any song requested. Food was definitely a plus...I was pleasantly surprised...Special Features:
- Quiet LunchMarcieVIPDined on 7/5/2013We had a midweek lunch which was very enjoyable. Unfortunately another diner was creating a disturbance, accusing a lone diner (who was minding his own business) of staring at her and basically behaving badly while feeding her little dog from the table. it certainly dampened our meal through no fault of the restaurant. The wait staff was apologetic and the food was quite good. The exception was the lobster roll - the lobster was good but the bun was stale. We have not written it off and will return for what I am sure will be a better time.
- WONDERFUL FOODFancyijDined on 7/3/2013Menu choices exceptional prepared perfectly, good sizeed portions not overwhelming. Beautiful room classic real wood with modern art . Very nice service not over solicitous.. Can't wait to go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food,and nice ambiancerobkapVIPDined on 6/22/2013Very good food and service. Also prices very reasonable. We ere there for our anniversary and they made sure we felt special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy is the Garden City HotelJacquelineDined on 6/15/2013The afternoon British Tea at 2 was delightful. The ambiance with classical violinist was wonderful. The wait staff terrific and the finger sandwiches, scones and pastries delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not enough to eat and over pricednotenoughtoeatDined on 6/8/2013Though the service was outstanding, the food though for the price was not worth it. The salmon was too spicy, and the portions were very small. In fact we had to go out later in the evening to eat something. We are not big eaters but when you go out to a nice restaurant for a special occasion you expect more for your money.
- While the Polo Grill was aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/2/2013While the Polo Grill was a gem in the crown of the Garden City Hotel and a perfect spot for those special occasions Rein is too noisy as it doubles as the bar. The food is always outstanding, but the noise levels are too high for people looking for a romantic setting. It was our 29th wedding anniversary and though we mentioned at the time we made our reservations it was not acknowledged by anyone.Special Features:
- Just OKJomoDined on 5/11/2013Perhaps my expectations were set too high. Our waiter did not return to the table after the main course was served to ask about my empty wine glass. We had to call another waiter over and he brought it over. But our waiter did the right thing by apologizing and not charging me for the glass of wine. The dining room is elegantly styled with just the right amount of light. The seats were so low that I felt my chin was going to hit the table. The side tables were situated such that my wife had a good view of the room while I was facing my wife and the wall behind her. My wife and I agreed the food was acceptable but didn't blow our socks off as is usually the case at the better restaurants.
- Restaurant week at the GardenOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/5/2013Restaurant week at the Garden City Hotel. The food was delicious as always, the Service was superior, the atmosphere a total pleasure... Can't wait to back for Brunch in a couple of weeks! Probably our most favorite restaurant on Long Island!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was lookin for an elegantLala2Dined on 5/4/2013I was lookin for an elegant stay and a restaurant for our one yr anniversary for my boyfriend and I. It was our first time at the garden city . Our experience was just what we thought it would be. Relaxin stay and romantic dinner. We enjoyed our dinner, everything we ate was delicious. We would definately recommend and come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This first-timer will returnnicknameVIPDined on 5/3/2013Took advantage of restaurant week and dined at Rein. Would have preferred the main room but the only available table was essentially on top of the piano. Cocktail piano music was great but you need some distance is you intend to converse during dinner. The inner room was elegant just not as "clubby" as I would have liked. Nevertheless, quality food & drink with fine service. Will not wait for next restaurant week promotion to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place for a DateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2013The decor is sleek, except for the TVs above the bar. There is a piano player who takes requests, and he's quite good. Excellent Service--attentive without being intrusive. Just right. We barely waited for our dishes and drinks. We went for restaurant week. We both got the shrimp cocktail appetizer, which was ok. I got the filet mignon entree, and my wife got the seafood wellington. The steak was done perfectly; a nice char on the outside with a rare center. It was a little small, but with appetizer and dessert, we were both quite full. The seafood wellington was also very good. The desserts were great; an olive oil cake and a chocolate tart with raspberry. Pretty decadent. A nice place. I would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine in a Garden City LandmarkByktykeDined on 5/3/2013Had dinner at Rein in the beautiful Garden City Hotel. Dined during Long Island Restaurant Week from Price Fixe menu, which made the meal worth a try. Rein is more of a bar lounge than than your typical, fancy hotel restaurant. No tablecloths. Lots of wood paneling. Large bar with TV. Service was friendly and attentive. [Though they could have offered us more than one roll or piece of bread. ;-)] Salads and appetizers were well presented. I had the filet mignon, which was prepared to order and both juicy and tasty. Small, but par for the course.Wife had chicken breast, which was rather unremarkable.Hey, it was a chicken breast. Chocolate Mousse Bomb for dessert topped off a nice, relaxing meal in a pleasant, welcoming atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great. AmbienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/1/2013The food was great. Ambience was very nice. I enjoy going there andSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a disappointing step downmhkhDined on 4/30/2013We have eaten here several times before, and we were quite impressed, so we looked forward to this visit. Unfortunately, the food was not up to the standard set on the previous visits, nor was the service. Neither one was bad, but this time neither the food nor the service would make us want to come back. After the visit, we heard that the restaurant was under new management. Let's hope the new management can remedy some of the problems.
- Great TimeLoveLIRestaurantWeek2013Dined on 4/29/2013We chose this restaurant to go to during LI Restuanat Week as we thought it might be price prohibative otherwise. The food was delicious and the regualr menu prices were not so out of reach as we thought either; although they had a shorter regular menu due to the price fixe menu. We will go back at regualr prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food a Rein was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/28/2013The food a Rein was excellent but I did not like where our table was situated because it was right in front of the bar which made conversation extremely hard at our table contending with the conversation from the bar. It was on a Wednesday evening and not crowded and there were other available tables yet the hostess sat our party in front of the barSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 starsJoanDined on 4/26/2013Lives up to it's reputation. 5 stars is 5 stars here! From beginning to end the experience was wonderful. We can't wait until next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2013Went here for a special occasion and were treated very well and given free champagne. However, we brought a coupon and the waiter tried to overcharge us to make up for the amount of the coupon. We felt suddenly very unwelcome and unimportant and we were ignored by the waiter for a few minutes until we were able to straighten out the difference. As far as food, the appetizers and dessert was good, but the entrees were nothing special.Special Features:
- expecting a fine dining experiencetruleybadDined on 4/23/2013Very dissapointed by the extremyl slow service. Restaurant air was too cool. It was noisy and just not up to par with the fine standards set by the Gardeb City Hotel. Would not return
- Very enjoyable lunch.GoodMimiDined on 4/8/2013Very enjoyable lunch.Good service without being intrusive!Special Features:
- Fantastic as always! GreatSylviaVIPDined on 3/31/2013Fantastic as always! Great dining experience. Food, service and presentation were outstanding.Special Features:
- This was a Wedding AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/27/2013This was a Wedding Anniversary dinner which I stated on the reservation and requested a quiet corner. Not only was my request fulfilled, it was exceeded. We were greeted with congratulatory remarks and given a complimentary glass of champagne for the occasion. The Service was fantastic and the food exquisite. The ambiance was perfect for the occasion. My thanks to the staff for making it a memorable evening.Special Features:
- Excellent for Client BreakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/12/2013Held a client breakfast for four. Room was less than half full, so it was quiet. Sat at table in front of the fireplace and it was warm and inviting. Food was basic omelette fare, but well-prepared, served hot and all was good. Service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet romantic dining areaJosephVIPDined on 3/7/2013Quiet romantic dining area in a terrific hotel. The food is very good and service was terrific. The only thing I did not like was their wine list. We order a mini bottle of a cab (Rutherford) and it was not good at all for its price.Special Features:
- This was the first time forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/23/2013This was the first time for my wife and I at Rein, and we had a wonderful dinner. We will definitely return. Appetizers and entrees were delicious. The live music is a nice touch. Nice spot for an elegant dinner without spending a fortune.Special Features:
- A delight!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2013Our second time for high tea - simply fabulous; great food, drink and delightful experience!Special Features:
- Overall I thought the staffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2013Overall I thought the staff was quite nice, though our server was just a tad odd (nice nonetheless). The place was very noisy because while we were the only diners in the from area at about 5pm (few more tables were taken by the time we were done) there was a robust happy hour crowd at the bar. While service was pleasant, my food (chicken dish off pre-fixe) was dry and quite salty. My fiance's food was delicious (fish). Our app was oysters and the arugula salad...delicious. I probably won't go here again due to the sheer # of good restaurants nearby but I think it's a decent place to grab a bite and drinks within the hotel.Special Features:
- We throughly enjoyed Rein.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/12/2013We throughly enjoyed Rein. Food was delicious - service was perfect and the atmosphere was vibrant.Special Features:
- Order the Chocolate TeanotbadVIPDined on 1/12/2013the tea service at Rein is different because you step back in time when you enter their special room. The food is over the top in terms of the sandwiches because you can order more sandwiches if you are not full the first time around. The scones were not warm which was a bummer. The rest of the tea was good but it didn't seem to be plated perfectly which is what you expect at a tea service. Our waiter was attentive and experience and rates very high marks. The chocolate tea is worth the extra money if you love chocolate because the hot chocolate is divine, melted down from a candy bar. It will satisfy you!
- Very disappointing. MediocreJackCPAVIPDined on 1/8/2013Very disappointing. Mediocre food. The evening was ruined when they refused to accept my GC chamber discount card.Special Features:
- Went for dinner - good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/7/2013Went for dinner - good food - good service - kind of quiet - not much of a scene...Special Features:
- Very nice. Not as elegantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/2/2013Very nice. Not as elegant ad I expected. Just a nice hotel restaurant. However they did not have my open table reservations. They wre gracious enough to seat us anyway.Special Features:
- The food was great but thereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/30/2012The food was great but there was obviously something wrong with the service. Many times there were no servers on the floor and the matre d came over to serve us. I would go back and would recommend this restaurant but the service should improve to keep diners coming in.
- Was really hoping for a greatJessVIPDined on 12/29/2012Was really hoping for a great local afternoon tea- it was only "okay" and not worth having again.
- Anniversary dinnerwhackywendyDined on 12/8/2012Everything was PERFECT! Asked for nice table & got one in front of the fireplace.Special Features:
- Nice night outEmilyDined on 11/24/2012Took my friend here for her birthday. We sat in the bar area, a very lovely and warm looking room. Our waiter was rather slow - he didn't approached us to take any orders for about 15-20 minutes at which point he tried to only take our drink order which I know is normal but we'd had ample time to read the menu, we had to tell him we were ready to order food at that point as well. Our food was almost perfect, with out of 6 courses for the two of us, only one was a miss (cold couscous with hot seared scallops).Special Features:
- Excellent food, thoughtfullyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/10/2012Excellent food, thoughtfully prepared. The front dining room, by the bar seemed crowded and a bit noisy, but the back dining room where we chose to sit was much quieter and a perfect setting for celebrating our wedding anniversary. The service was attentive and not pretentious.Special Features: