Rei do Gado Brazilian Steakhouse
939 Fourth Ave.
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
BrazilianPrice: $31 to $50
Rei do Gado Brazilian Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.reidogado.net/
- Phone: 6197028464
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Happy Hour: 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Barbecue, Brazilian
- Executive Chef: Maria Kallenback
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please, complete a form in our website and send an email to us. A catering manager will check for an availability of your an event and will schedule at your convenience.
- Private Party Facilities: Two extra rooms with a capacity of 30 to 100 people. Please contact the restaurant for details. Book your event with us and let us provide a unique service with a good quality.
- Private Party Contact: Steve Gi 6197028464
- Entertainment: Rei do Gado Brazilian Steakhouse is the perfect setting for private dinners, receptions, business meetings, birthday party, rehearsal dinners or just a great party.
A word from Rei do Gado Brazilian Steakhouse
The churrasco (Brazilian barbecue) is a traditional feast that has been celebrated in Brazil for centuries. It is a unique and healthy way of roasting meat over a mesquite flame that preserves tenderness and gives it a taste unmatched by any other. Guests of Rei do Gado will encounter an unlimited buffet of typical dishes and salads.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rei do Gado Brazilian Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (74)good for groups (71)fit for foodies (56)great for lunch (43)romantic (37)neighborhood gem (29)great for brunch (20)hot spot (19)great for outdoor dining (17)notable wine list (14)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (13)scenic view (7)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- special birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/18/2014First birthday together celebration. Cozy. Romantic. DeliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014Our meal was fantastic. One of the best Brazilian steakhouses we've been to. I only had the salad bar but it was on par with the other Brazilian places we've been to, especially the spicy apple salad, which I could eat just about every day! We had a small hiccup, service-wise, to start with, but after it was brought to their attention, we were treated like kings. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring on the meatnorthwest1Dined on 9/14/2014Well everything from the food to the girl making the drinks ,The night was well worth walkING 12 block for ...the meat was to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Group DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014I took my leadership team to here to celebrate the end of the summer season, and we had an excellent time. We got to try all 10 of the meats, even though a couple we had to request as they did not come in the rotation. The food was excellent and plentiful. Great experience.Special Features:
- Great !!!BrGuyDined on 9/12/2014Great !!! Everithing was very good, food, service, ambiance... And it is an opnion of a Brazilian.Special Features:
- Usually Excellent; Today just goodMWMIVIPDined on 9/11/2014Things seemed to be off today at Rei do Gado. Food and service were good; but both are usually excellent. The salad bar was as impressive as ever, but the meats were primarily well-done, making it difficult to get the delicious tender meats cooked rare to medium-rare that I enjoy. The number of servers rounding with meat selections seemed to be lower than normal making for a longer wait for being served. Will I return? of course, hopefully this was just an off-day.Special Features:
- outstanding!!!!LoriDined on 9/7/2014I went to lunch with my boyfriend here for our 5th year anniversary,it was amazing!! They made us feel like we were millionaires,really welcoming. The staff was awesome with great customer service,we didn't wait on our food or drinks. Everytime one of the staff passed by they would ask "how's everything going?" "Do you need anything else?" "Do you have any request on any of our meats?" They were really on there game that afternoon....not like other places where they make you wait or even feel like your not welcome I really appreciate this restaurant for making my 5th year anniversary a special one!!! Thank you...we will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing !AbeeeeDined on 9/5/2014Went to the place for my four months anniversary with my gf and it was amazing with all the variety of food and service was very nice and a great table I got and thanks for the flowers on the table I requested during my reservation. I would definitely say that this is the best restaurant I've ever been 2 :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectasm1967Dined on 8/31/2014Everybody was great. I really enjoy the food and the out door fire table. I love the seven daughter wine. This is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service and too expensiveMeatloverDined on 8/30/2014Everybody was friendly but the service was poor,. We sat at a corner table, our little sign was on green but the "meat guys" kept passing us or had no more meat left to serve. I asked for the chicken hearts but never got it. We asked for plates, but they never came and I had to get up and get them from the salad bar myself. The salad bar is ok. Crab legs not too fresh. They ran out of fried bananas but no one refilled them. For the price you pay there you should go to Fogo de çiao that has a much better, food, salad bar and service. I thought I try something new. I will never go back.
- Birthday DinnerFoodieDined on 8/29/2014Be prepared to eat a lot!! It's a delightful, fun time and the food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soTravelerDined on 8/27/2014Great service. The waiters were constantly bringing food and the bar host was fantastic. Unfortunately some of the meats lacked taste or were just dry. Get the skirt steak for sure. It was my favoriteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Food was amazing. Fantastic service. We had an incredible time. We will definitely be visiting again.Special Features:
- 365NightOwlDined on 8/26/2014Amazing selection of meats! Carvers arrive at your table throughout the dining experience. The filet mignon wrapped in bacon was a favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a pleasant timemachitotacoDined on 8/24/2014we were greeted at the door by a beautiful girl server was great and on point food was awesome and the atmosphere was on dotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food,ambience and serviceMikeDined on 8/22/2014Great food, ambience,service and a wonderful experience. I being here many times and always had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rei De GadoOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014if you are a meat lover, you MUST go here. I took such a friend, and he could not remark enough how great everything was. Also, the service is outstanding. The servers, bartender (in the cage), and all the circulating servers, are extremely attentive and pleasant. The "salad" bar -- waaaay more than salad, is outstanding as well. You simply cannot go wrong here. Just be prepared to eat and enjoy!Special Features:
- Dinner with FriendstweezyDined on 8/22/2014I had 3 girlfriends join me for dinner at Rei do Gado and we loved the food....the salad bar was so excellent we nearly filled up on that. The only disappointment was the bar tenders inability to make a decent "dirty martini". There was great entertainment, a lovely girl danced the Samba in an amazing costume and her smile threw off a thousand watts of brilliance....great fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and good foodVeroDined on 8/20/2014I always like the food here. Come hungry cause you have a large variety of food for your plate... Great for special occasions and to take friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceAwesomeDined on 8/16/2014First time ever going to this awesome place! Enjoyed every second of my dining experience. Highly Recommended, Great Food & Great Atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the resturantApacheWarriorDined on 8/15/2014Fantastic, I love Brazilian Steak Houses and this does not disappoint. A little on the pricey side at $42 and the bar drinks are nothing to write home about but overall a great find.Special Features:
- Go for PremiumMeatloverDined on 8/13/2014We had lunch with Premium option and had a wonderful variety. Salad bar selection was good, meat was frequently offered but the fillet mignon was overcooked on second round, RDG will need to improve this. Overall is worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of Fun!rbtmharrisDined on 8/10/2014Make your reservation now...excellent food, excellent service...go hungry!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brazilian steak dinnersmacias21Dined on 8/9/2014This Brazilian lunch had a little twist compared to a traditional one. The endless meat allows you to get belly full and feel the need to walk it off after . Their meat was very tender and delicious. Also make sure you try their little red peppers from the side bar; they're hot but give you that spicy taste you want .Overall it was a great experience and would recommend anyone who is looking for something different .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014This place is awesome. If you like alot of different meats. When I left I was so stuffed. I recommend this place. Great service and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowMeatheadDined on 8/4/2014For meat lovers and lovers! Don't fill up on the all you can eat salad bar crab legs and jumbo shrimp! I didn't know that meat could taste so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014One of the better steakhouses in San Diego. Gives you the most bang for your buck. Excellent food & service for such a great price for lunch and even for dinner it's a great deal for what they give.Special Features:
- Absolutely PhenomenalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my meal and the impeccable service. I cannot wait to come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rei do GadoFoodieDined on 8/2/2014Absolutely love this place! The food was amazing and the staff was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family dinnerpaulieDined on 7/27/2014The served meat was excellent. Salad bar was OK. Should have included dessert as opposed to a separate menu. Service was excellent. Wine list was all inclusive of different types of "good" wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat Eaters DelightMeatatarianDined on 7/26/2014Went for the food and was very happy with the quality and service. Loved the Brazilian dancer and the piano player that entertained us as we ate the spectacular food.Special Features:
- Best Deal in SDMWMIVIPDined on 7/24/2014Amazing quantity and quality of food. The salad bar is more than a salad bar, it really is a full compliment to the delicious meats served by the waitstaff. In addition to great food and service, the staff as well as many of the patrons are great to look at . . . HOT!Special Features:
- santastic eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Great food, good athmosphere, very nice live music..... We and our guests enjoyed every minute of it.Special Features:
- Amazing!SDDinerDined on 7/15/2014Amazing place that everyone needs to try...bring a big appetiteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/15/2014We went here for lunch and it was pretty good. Next time I go it will be for dinner. The lunch menu is good but the dinner menu has a better selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than Fogo De ChaoDaygoNinerDined on 7/13/2014If you like good food at a great price, this is the place for your. Succulent meats matched with the best salad/hot food bar in the city. Eat til you can't eat no more, what a great time with friends. The waitstaff was awesome and parking was easy in Horton Plaza. I definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Friendly servicefirsttimerDined on 7/13/2014It's fun to have waiters come to the table with skewers of meat to choose from, and the beef is delicious. So are the salads. Highly recommended for a special occasion with a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and deliciousarizrainDined on 7/12/2014There were four of us in our party ranging from 35 to 55 years old. We all really enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServicekimmysueDined on 7/7/2014Perfect special occasion restaurant! Abundant food with an amazing salad bar! Unique experience...everyone should give it a try. The service was absolutely the best we have had anywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- É boa pra caramba!jessstuVIPDined on 7/6/2014Great meal and service, brought back many memories for my father who lived in Brazil many years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.