Rei do Gado Brazilian Steakhouse
939 Fourth Ave.
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Rei do Gado Brazilian Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.reidogado.net/
- Phone: 6197028464x
- Hours of Operation:
*Lunch Special* Mon - Fri, 11am - 2pm
Lunch: Daily 11am - 4pm
Dinner: Sun - Thurs, 4pm - 10pm & Fri - Sat, 4pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Brazilian Steakhouse, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Lucas
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have two beautiful dining area each can accommodate up to 125/150 people, fully A/V equipped with screens and piano bar. Semi/Private room is also available for up to 25 people.
Group packages are available with drinks & dessert option. Please contact the restaurant and our private events manager will assist you with details. Book your event with us and let us provide a unique service with a good quality.
- Private Party Contact: Steve Gi 6197028464x
- Entertainment: Rei do Gado Brazilian Steakhouse is the perfect setting for private dinners, receptions, business meetings, birthday party, rehearsal dinners or just a great party. We have live entertainment every night and samba dancers on Fri & Sat. Also, karaoke is available for private & group parties.
A word from Rei do Gado Brazilian Steakhouse
The churrasco (Brazilian barbecue) is a traditional feast that has been celebrated in Brazil for centuries. It is a unique and healthy way of roasting meat over a mesquite flame that preserves tenderness and gives it a taste unmatched by any other. Guests of Rei do Gado will encounter an unlimited buffet of typical dishes and salads. We also have live entertainment every night and samba dancers on Fri & Sat.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rei do Gado Brazilian Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (103)good for groups (97)fit for foodies (79)great for lunch (69)romantic (46)neighborhood gem (41)hot spot (31)kid-friendly (28)great for outdoor dining (27)great for brunch (25)notable wine list (20)late-night find (10)scenic view (6)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Very niceArchieDined on 10/18/2014It is a very nice buffet not run of the mill, but should be hotter(not kept worm). Meat was outstanding the best😃 but pricySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat, Meat and more Meatkaty101VIPDined on 10/12/2014Went there for birthday dinner. Food was good. Meat was done well but for me after the first 2 or 3 tastes of the different brochettes it all tasted the same. For me, it would have been a better experience if they would roast or broil or however the meat is prepared, with different types of seasonings. Lamb was the only one that really had its very own flavor. All the cuts of meat were very good quality. Salad bar was good, lots of different types of salads. Shrimp was good, crablegs were a little dry. Come hungry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Carnivorous ParadiseVegansNeedNotApplyDined on 10/12/2014So many so choices, so much time :) Was seated promptly upon arrival and service was top notch. Two things I recommend: avoid a lot of starches and only have small servings of each meat in order to sample everything. 2 hours later and I could have taken a nap in one of the booths!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible table- nightclub next doorSanDiegoFoodieDined on 10/10/2014We heard great things about the ambience and food at RdG so we were looking forward to eating here. We were seated in a section off to the side of the restaurant- indoors. We could no longer hear the piano playing, or the music that was in the main restaurant. Instead- it was a bit of radio music and then there was a large TV on the wall with a basketball game playing. WHY?? As if that wasn't already uncomfortable- there is a nightclub next door that started playing club music and...this is no exaggeration... our feet were vibrating from the bass, as well as our drinks and our whole table. We had to endure this for the next 45 minutes. Why weren't we warned about this? I would have never wanted to have this experience. It was awful.
- Good Brazilian restaurantnaparoseVIPDined on 10/9/2014Lots of food, great salad bar. Come with a big appetite.Special Features:
- Special outingdisappointedeatersDined on 10/9/2014Disappointed with the hot sides. Collard greens were undercooked and bitter.Cold green asparagus good-white was mushy. Nice array of olives, beets, other cold veggies. Excellent cold shrimp with outstanding spicy horseradish sauce. Meats were yummy. That's what they are known. I would go back to taste the meats we passed. Pricey drinks.Great staff.Live music- well done.Special Features:
- Great PlaceRobertoDined on 10/9/2014We went there for my daugther's birthday and we're so glad we did. Ana Paula (our server) was so kind, the food was great, wish we had a Rei do Gado in Tucson, Arizona.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding restaurant !luvmeatDined on 10/4/2014This is an outstanding restaurant. The food was wonderful and the music was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- San Diego Restaurant week lunch...KuyaMonster777Dined on 10/2/2014Took advantage of a great lunch deal. Atmosphere was warm and comfortable. Food served hot and each cut of meat was amazing with its own distinct flavor. Friends with me who had never tried Brazilian churrasco vowed to go again sometime. Minimal wait and our party all had a good time even though it was a shorter business lunch meal. Best to skip breakfast and maybe even lunch if you come here for dinner. Easy to over-indulge but worth it. You can go running or hit the gym later if you feel like you're cheating. Always a great time here...Special Features:
- If you are a meat lover!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/30/2014The meats are out of this world and the buffet choices are fantastic. No way to leave there hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Memorabletrvler1914Dined on 9/30/2014Came here to celebrate my son's birthday and the performance they gave was awesome! The steaks were very juicy and tenders and the selection at the buffet would have been good enough on its own. However, the seating in the area is very cramped. Other than that, everything was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TwagsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014This was my 4th visit in last few years I really love the food, but have to save up to go.Special Features:
- A wonderful dining experiencedAnnieDined on 9/28/2014Excellent service, excellent food, love the ambience and thank you for doing something special for my son.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the priceMandyDined on 9/27/2014The food didn't justify the high price of each meal. The sides were rather bland. The meat was cooked to perfection but there was a very long wait between rounds of meat and they kept circulating the same meat options. The music was very loud and it was hard to hear table conversation. I've been to other Brazilian steakhouses that were much better.
- 2nd anniversary dinnerSketchysk8terDined on 9/26/2014We made reservation at 730pm. The place was packed so we had to wait for 20 mins. Once seated, the atmosphere was elegant with a live piano player playing hits of the 80's to 90's. I forgot the different meats we've got but I know it was damn good. The salad bar consisted of different types of salads. The spicy apple salad was pretty good. There was a Brazilian dancer performing for the restaurant. It was entertaining to see the culture of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinningMimiDined on 9/26/2014Took My a husband for the first time during Restaurant Week it was great they had so many different selections and did not hold back like a lot of Restaurant do during Restaurant week recommend this place to everyone..food delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary night outhiddngemDined on 9/26/2014The place was recommended by a co worker as a pretty good place to go and a dinning experience I found both to be true and the evening turned out to be a very enjoyable night the service was great and the FOOD oh.... yeah the food was excellent my wife and I enjoyed the food and will be sure to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Surf AND Turf!!!maejDined on 9/26/2014Great variety at the buffet. 2 soups, crab legs, salmon, clams, mussels, salads, potatoes, veggies, bacon, cookies, fruit, and these great bread-ball type things. The meat variety that comes by are delicious, seasoned perfectly, and great variety. There was some entertainment as well, a sexy dancer that came around. =)Special Features:
- Great lunchBMan1008Dined on 9/26/2014My guests and I really liked the flavor of the meats. I wasn't able to enjoy the salad bar because a lot of the things I enjoy were replaced with Seafood and they told us that we wouldn't be able to eat that unless we paid $25 more per person. Since I walk with a cane, it was impossible to go to the salad bar at all from where I was seated. I had requested to sit near the window due to my disability, but they were not able to accommodate me. It would've been nice to have been told before they took away the salad options instead of after. Our reserved table wasn't ready for us until 20 minutes before we finished our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't compete with Fogo De ChaoptarantinoDined on 9/26/2014All the meats at Rei Do Gago tasted similar and Fogo De Chao is simply superior.
- Good saladsJudeDined on 9/26/2014Everyone knows that the meat is excellent, but the side dishes are also abundant and excellent!Special Features:
- You dont get to taste all meat.DissapointedDined on 9/26/2014Went there for restaurant week. Its my 2nd time, but waiter thinks its our first time. Weve been served chicken, pork and sausage multiple times, but good meat didnt come to us. We had to request for top sirloin, but we didnt get till they noticed that were not leaving even after 2 hrs sitting there. I felt like they served it finally just so we could leave and they could accomodate other people. i was facing the so i could see the servers walking back and forth. I have seen the good meat pass by 4 times, but never went to us. After requesting, it took us more than an hour to wait. I doesn't make sense. Went there with group of ten and were charged 18 percent gratuity automatically. They should at least did half of the job done right.
- meat lovers paradiseharvestbunnyDined on 9/25/2014There is good variety here and if you don't fill up at the salad bar then there will be room to try all the meats offered. Meats were tender and flavourful; only thing out of place was cheesy chicken which I think was a bit bland. Service was ok either super cheerful ones or the occasional few with attitude that don't appreciate customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014The food was delicious, the service was amazing. thanks!Special Features:
- FoodJunkyDined on 9/25/2014Great food at a great price. I would recommend this place to any foodie!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014There was a line to get in but thankfully we had a reservation. Everything was delicious. The staff was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FriendsLuv2014Dined on 9/25/2014Excellent Service and amazing food. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food ever.....EVER!REALtalkDined on 9/24/2014Everything that was served to us was incredible. I never knew food could taste this good. The small cheese "bar" was fantastic as well as the salad bar. The atmosphere was great for my girlfriends birthday dinner and was very romantic. Live music was very appreciated and all the staff were very friendly. I recommend this place highly, do your self a favor and make reservations you won't leave disappointed. EVERYTHING WAS DELICIOUS!!!!Special Features:
- Meat!Luv2grubDined on 9/22/2014Took my bf here for his birthday and that man was soooooo happy !!!! Great for meat lovers and if your hungry you literally walk in and start eating ! Fun too :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth it!foodieDined on 9/21/2014I took my fiance here for his birthday and he was in aww of the food and vibes. Would recommend for anyone wanting to do something special for their significant other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GabiDined on 9/21/2014AWESOME food! AWESOME service! AWESOME staff!!! Our group of 8 had a wonderful time and we left planning our return.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014The waiter was very friendly. The food was amazing with various types of meat to try. They have a wide variety of food selection at their salad bar (i.e. baked mussels, crab, salad, seafood soup, etc). The meal from restaurant week included a dessert as well. You can choose from creme brulee, cheese cake, or peanut chocolate mousse.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekCarnivore1Dined on 9/21/2014Very good service with the meats didn't go much time without meat on plate. Some of the meat was little overcooked.Special Features:
- Good but not as expected...GailMarieDined on 9/21/2014We went for "lunch" on a Sunday during Restaurant Week and with a reservation. We were seated immediately. The meat servings began well, however, after 2 different offerings, it was repetitious for a while; then a few more were offered and then back to the beginning. We had to ask for some of the "11 different choices" that they showed on the menu but never did get to them all. The salads\fruit on the buffet were good, as well as some of the side dishes. The fish stew was very good. We did enjoy it, but I must honestly say that it was not as good as the "competitor" Brazilian Steakhouse that we went to last year. There selections were far superior.Special Features:
- AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Pleasantly surprised. Comfortable atmosphere, and although it might get a little busy, I still felt like my husband and I were the only ones in there! Which was nice because we were celebrating our anniversary.Special Features:
- special birthdaynicafoodDined on 9/18/2014First birthday together celebration. Cozy. Romantic. DeliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch spot!Red1Dined on 9/16/2014Our meal was fantastic. One of the best Brazilian steakhouses we've been to. I only had the salad bar but it was on par with the other Brazilian places we've been to, especially the spicy apple salad, which I could eat just about every day! We had a small hiccup, service-wise, to start with, but after it was brought to their attention, we were treated like kings. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring on the meatnorthwest1Dined on 9/14/2014Well everything from the food to the girl making the drinks ,The night was well worth walkING 12 block for ...the meat was to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Group DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014I took my leadership team to here to celebrate the end of the summer season, and we had an excellent time. We got to try all 10 of the meats, even though a couple we had to request as they did not come in the rotation. The food was excellent and plentiful. Great experience.Special Features:
- If you like meat....CookornottocookDined on 9/13/2014We made a reservation for my husband's birthday lunch. He loves to eat meat so he chose Rei Do Gado. Very friendly servers. Great salad bar with plenty of choices. The meat served was very flavorful and cooked to perfection. My favorite was the grilled chicken with cheese. They even gave my husband a little cake and a birthday song in Portugese. We definetely enjoyed it. If you like to eat plenty of meat, go see them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.