Rei do Gado Brazilian Steakhouse
939 Fourth Ave.
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
BrazilianPrice: $31 to $50
Rei do Gado Brazilian Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.reidogado.net/
- Phone: 6197028464
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Happy Hour: 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Barbecue, Brazilian
- Executive Chef: Maria Kallenback
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please, complete a form in our website and send an email to us. A catering manager will check for an availability of your an event and will schedule at your convenience.
- Private Party Facilities: Two extra rooms with a capacity of 30 to 100 people. Please contact the restaurant for details. Book your event with us and let us provide a unique service with a good quality.
- Private Party Contact: Steve Gi 6197028464
- Entertainment: Rei do Gado Brazilian Steakhouse is the perfect setting for private dinners, receptions, business meetings, birthday party, rehearsal dinners or just a great party.
A word from Rei do Gado Brazilian Steakhouse
The churrasco (Brazilian barbecue) is a traditional feast that has been celebrated in Brazil for centuries. It is a unique and healthy way of roasting meat over a mesquite flame that preserves tenderness and gives it a taste unmatched by any other. Guests of Rei do Gado will encounter an unlimited buffet of typical dishes and salads.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rei do Gado Brazilian Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (93)good for groups (91)fit for foodies (74)great for lunch (61)romantic (45)neighborhood gem (40)hot spot (30)great for brunch (27)great for outdoor dining (27)kid-friendly (23)notable wine list (22)late-night find (13)scenic view (7)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- A wonderful dining experiencedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Excellent service, excellent food, love the ambience and thank you for doing something special for my son.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the priceMandyDined on 9/27/2014The food didn't justify the high price of each meal. The sides were rather bland. The meat was cooked to perfection but there was a very long wait between rounds of meat and they kept circulating the same meat options. The music was very loud and it was hard to hear table conversation. I've been to other Brazilian steakhouses that were much better.
- 2nd anniversary dinnerSketchysk8terDined on 9/26/2014We made reservation at 730pm. The place was packed so we had to wait for 20 mins. Once seated, the atmosphere was elegant with a live piano player playing hits of the 80's to 90's. I forgot the different meats we've got but I know it was damn good. The salad bar consisted of different types of salads. The spicy apple salad was pretty good. There was a Brazilian dancer performing for the restaurant. It was entertaining to see the culture of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinningMimiDined on 9/26/2014Took My a husband for the first time during Restaurant Week it was great they had so many different selections and did not hold back like a lot of Restaurant do during Restaurant week recommend this place to everyone..food delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary night outhiddngemDined on 9/26/2014The place was recommended by a co worker as a pretty good place to go and a dinning experience I found both to be true and the evening turned out to be a very enjoyable night the service was great and the FOOD oh.... yeah the food was excellent my wife and I enjoyed the food and will be sure to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Surf AND Turf!!!maejDined on 9/26/2014Great variety at the buffet. 2 soups, crab legs, salmon, clams, mussels, salads, potatoes, veggies, bacon, cookies, fruit, and these great bread-ball type things. The meat variety that comes by are delicious, seasoned perfectly, and great variety. There was some entertainment as well, a sexy dancer that came around. =)Special Features:
- Great lunchBMan1008Dined on 9/26/2014My guests and I really liked the flavor of the meats. I wasn't able to enjoy the salad bar because a lot of the things I enjoy were replaced with Seafood and they told us that we wouldn't be able to eat that unless we paid $25 more per person. Since I walk with a cane, it was impossible to go to the salad bar at all from where I was seated. I had requested to sit near the window due to my disability, but they were not able to accommodate me. It would've been nice to have been told before they took away the salad options instead of after. Our reserved table wasn't ready for us until 20 minutes before we finished our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good saladsJudeDined on 9/26/2014Everyone knows that the meat is excellent, but the side dishes are also abundant and excellent!Special Features:
- You dont get to taste all meat.DissapointedDined on 9/26/2014Went there for restaurant week. Its my 2nd time, but waiter thinks its our first time. Weve been served chicken, pork and sausage multiple times, but good meat didnt come to us. We had to request for top sirloin, but we didnt get till they noticed that were not leaving even after 2 hrs sitting there. I felt like they served it finally just so we could leave and they could accomodate other people. i was facing the so i could see the servers walking back and forth. I have seen the good meat pass by 4 times, but never went to us. After requesting, it took us more than an hour to wait. I doesn't make sense. Went there with group of ten and were charged 18 percent gratuity automatically. They should at least did half of the job done right.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014The food was delicious, the service was amazing. thanks!Special Features:
- FoodJunkyDined on 9/25/2014Great food at a great price. I would recommend this place to any foodie!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014There was a line to get in but thankfully we had a reservation. Everything was delicious. The staff was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FriendsLuv2014Dined on 9/25/2014Excellent Service and amazing food. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food ever.....EVER!REALtalkDined on 9/24/2014Everything that was served to us was incredible. I never knew food could taste this good. The small cheese "bar" was fantastic as well as the salad bar. The atmosphere was great for my girlfriends birthday dinner and was very romantic. Live music was very appreciated and all the staff were very friendly. I recommend this place highly, do your self a favor and make reservations you won't leave disappointed. EVERYTHING WAS DELICIOUS!!!!Special Features:
- Meat!Luv2grubDined on 9/22/2014Took my bf here for his birthday and that man was soooooo happy !!!! Great for meat lovers and if your hungry you literally walk in and start eating ! Fun too :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth it!foodieDined on 9/21/2014I took my fiance here for his birthday and he was in aww of the food and vibes. Would recommend for anyone wanting to do something special for their significant other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GabiDined on 9/21/2014AWESOME food! AWESOME service! AWESOME staff!!! Our group of 8 had a wonderful time and we left planning our return.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014The waiter was very friendly. The food was amazing with various types of meat to try. They have a wide variety of food selection at their salad bar (i.e. baked mussels, crab, salad, seafood soup, etc). The meal from restaurant week included a dessert as well. You can choose from creme brulee, cheese cake, or peanut chocolate mousse.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekCarnivore1Dined on 9/21/2014Very good service with the meats didn't go much time without meat on plate. Some of the meat was little overcooked.Special Features:
- Good but not as expected...GailMarieDined on 9/21/2014We went for "lunch" on a Sunday during Restaurant Week and with a reservation. We were seated immediately. The meat servings began well, however, after 2 different offerings, it was repetitious for a while; then a few more were offered and then back to the beginning. We had to ask for some of the "11 different choices" that they showed on the menu but never did get to them all. The salads\fruit on the buffet were good, as well as some of the side dishes. The fish stew was very good. We did enjoy it, but I must honestly say that it was not as good as the "competitor" Brazilian Steakhouse that we went to last year. There selections were far superior.Special Features:
- AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Pleasantly surprised. Comfortable atmosphere, and although it might get a little busy, I still felt like my husband and I were the only ones in there! Which was nice because we were celebrating our anniversary.Special Features:
- special birthdaynicafoodDined on 9/18/2014First birthday together celebration. Cozy. Romantic. DeliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch spot!Red1Dined on 9/16/2014Our meal was fantastic. One of the best Brazilian steakhouses we've been to. I only had the salad bar but it was on par with the other Brazilian places we've been to, especially the spicy apple salad, which I could eat just about every day! We had a small hiccup, service-wise, to start with, but after it was brought to their attention, we were treated like kings. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring on the meatnorthwest1Dined on 9/14/2014Well everything from the food to the girl making the drinks ,The night was well worth walkING 12 block for ...the meat was to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Group DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014I took my leadership team to here to celebrate the end of the summer season, and we had an excellent time. We got to try all 10 of the meats, even though a couple we had to request as they did not come in the rotation. The food was excellent and plentiful. Great experience.Special Features:
- If you like meat....CookornottocookDined on 9/13/2014We made a reservation for my husband's birthday lunch. He loves to eat meat so he chose Rei Do Gado. Very friendly servers. Great salad bar with plenty of choices. The meat served was very flavorful and cooked to perfection. My favorite was the grilled chicken with cheese. They even gave my husband a little cake and a birthday song in Portugese. We definetely enjoyed it. If you like to eat plenty of meat, go see them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great !!!BrGuyDined on 9/12/2014Great !!! Everithing was very good, food, service, ambiance... And it is an opnion of a Brazilian.Special Features:
- Usually Excellent; Today just goodMWMIVIPDined on 9/11/2014Things seemed to be off today at Rei do Gado. Food and service were good; but both are usually excellent. The salad bar was as impressive as ever, but the meats were primarily well-done, making it difficult to get the delicious tender meats cooked rare to medium-rare that I enjoy. The number of servers rounding with meat selections seemed to be lower than normal making for a longer wait for being served. Will I return? of course, hopefully this was just an off-day.Special Features:
- outstanding!!!!LoriDined on 9/7/2014I went to lunch with my boyfriend here for our 5th year anniversary,it was amazing!! They made us feel like we were millionaires,really welcoming. The staff was awesome with great customer service,we didn't wait on our food or drinks. Everytime one of the staff passed by they would ask "how's everything going?" "Do you need anything else?" "Do you have any request on any of our meats?" They were really on there game that afternoon....not like other places where they make you wait or even feel like your not welcome I really appreciate this restaurant for making my 5th year anniversary a special one!!! Thank you...we will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing !AbeeeeDined on 9/5/2014Went to the place for my four months anniversary with my gf and it was amazing with all the variety of food and service was very nice and a great table I got and thanks for the flowers on the table I requested during my reservation. I would definitely say that this is the best restaurant I've ever been 2 :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectasm1967Dined on 8/31/2014Everybody was great. I really enjoy the food and the out door fire table. I love the seven daughter wine. This is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service and too expensiveMeatloverDined on 8/30/2014Everybody was friendly but the service was poor,. We sat at a corner table, our little sign was on green but the "meat guys" kept passing us or had no more meat left to serve. I asked for the chicken hearts but never got it. We asked for plates, but they never came and I had to get up and get them from the salad bar myself. The salad bar is ok. Crab legs not too fresh. They ran out of fried bananas but no one refilled them. For the price you pay there you should go to Fogo de çiao that has a much better, food, salad bar and service. I thought I try something new. I will never go back.
- Birthday DinnerFoodieDined on 8/29/2014Be prepared to eat a lot!! It's a delightful, fun time and the food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soTravelerDined on 8/27/2014Great service. The waiters were constantly bringing food and the bar host was fantastic. Unfortunately some of the meats lacked taste or were just dry. Get the skirt steak for sure. It was my favoriteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Food was amazing. Fantastic service. We had an incredible time. We will definitely be visiting again.Special Features:
- 365NightOwlDined on 8/26/2014Amazing selection of meats! Carvers arrive at your table throughout the dining experience. The filet mignon wrapped in bacon was a favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a pleasant timemachitotacoDined on 8/24/2014we were greeted at the door by a beautiful girl server was great and on point food was awesome and the atmosphere was on dotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food,ambience and serviceMikeDined on 8/22/2014Great food, ambience,service and a wonderful experience. I being here many times and always had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rei De GadoOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014if you are a meat lover, you MUST go here. I took such a friend, and he could not remark enough how great everything was. Also, the service is outstanding. The servers, bartender (in the cage), and all the circulating servers, are extremely attentive and pleasant. The "salad" bar -- waaaay more than salad, is outstanding as well. You simply cannot go wrong here. Just be prepared to eat and enjoy!Special Features:
- Dinner with FriendstweezyDined on 8/22/2014I had 3 girlfriends join me for dinner at Rei do Gado and we loved the food....the salad bar was so excellent we nearly filled up on that. The only disappointment was the bar tenders inability to make a decent "dirty martini". There was great entertainment, a lovely girl danced the Samba in an amazing costume and her smile threw off a thousand watts of brilliance....great fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.