Rei do Gado Brazilian Steakhouse
939 Fourth Ave.
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
BrazilianPrice: $31 to $50
Rei do Gado Brazilian Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.reidogado.net/
- Phone: 6197028464
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Happy Hour: 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Barbecue, Brazilian
- Executive Chef: Maria Kallenback
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please, complete a form in our website and send an email to us. A catering manager will check for an availability of your an event and will schedule at your convenience.
- Private Party Facilities: Two extra rooms with a capacity of 30 to 100 people. Please contact the restaurant for details. Book your event with us and let us provide a unique service with a good quality.
- Private Party Contact: Steve Gi 6197028464
- Entertainment: Rei do Gado Brazilian Steakhouse is the perfect setting for private dinners, receptions, business meetings, birthday party, rehearsal dinners or just a great party.
A word from Rei do Gado Brazilian Steakhouse
The churrasco (Brazilian barbecue) is a traditional feast that has been celebrated in Brazil for centuries. It is a unique and healthy way of roasting meat over a mesquite flame that preserves tenderness and gives it a taste unmatched by any other. Guests of Rei do Gado will encounter an unlimited buffet of typical dishes and salads.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rei do Gado Brazilian Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (74)good for groups (68)fit for foodies (52)great for lunch (43)romantic (38)neighborhood gem (31)great for brunch (26)hot spot (23)great for outdoor dining (19)kid-friendly (17)late-night find (13)notable wine list (13)scenic view (6)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Food was amazing. Fantastic service. We had an incredible time. We will definitely be visiting again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Amazing selection of meats! Carvers arrive at your table throughout the dining experience. The filet mignon wrapped in bacon was a favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a pleasant timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014we were greeted at the door by a beautiful girl server was great and on point food was awesome and the atmosphere was on dotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food,ambience and serviceMikeDined on 8/22/2014Great food, ambience,service and a wonderful experience. I being here many times and always had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rei De GadoOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014if you are a meat lover, you MUST go here. I took such a friend, and he could not remark enough how great everything was. Also, the service is outstanding. The servers, bartender (in the cage), and all the circulating servers, are extremely attentive and pleasant. The "salad" bar -- waaaay more than salad, is outstanding as well. You simply cannot go wrong here. Just be prepared to eat and enjoy!Special Features:
- Fun and good foodVeroDined on 8/20/2014I always like the food here. Come hungry cause you have a large variety of food for your plate... Great for special occasions and to take friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceAwesomeDined on 8/16/2014First time ever going to this awesome place! Enjoyed every second of my dining experience. Highly Recommended, Great Food & Great Atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the resturantApacheWarriorDined on 8/15/2014Fantastic, I love Brazilian Steak Houses and this does not disappoint. A little on the pricey side at $42 and the bar drinks are nothing to write home about but overall a great find.Special Features:
- Go for PremiumMeatloverDined on 8/13/2014We had lunch with Premium option and had a wonderful variety. Salad bar selection was good, meat was frequently offered but the fillet mignon was overcooked on second round, RDG will need to improve this. Overall is worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of Fun!rbtmharrisDined on 8/10/2014Make your reservation now...excellent food, excellent service...go hungry!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brazilian steak dinnersmacias21Dined on 8/9/2014This Brazilian lunch had a little twist compared to a traditional one. The endless meat allows you to get belly full and feel the need to walk it off after . Their meat was very tender and delicious. Also make sure you try their little red peppers from the side bar; they're hot but give you that spicy taste you want .Overall it was a great experience and would recommend anyone who is looking for something different .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014This place is awesome. If you like alot of different meats. When I left I was so stuffed. I recommend this place. Great service and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowMeatheadDined on 8/4/2014For meat lovers and lovers! Don't fill up on the all you can eat salad bar crab legs and jumbo shrimp! I didn't know that meat could taste so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014One of the better steakhouses in San Diego. Gives you the most bang for your buck. Excellent food & service for such a great price for lunch and even for dinner it's a great deal for what they give.Special Features:
- Absolutely PhenomenalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my meal and the impeccable service. I cannot wait to come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rei do GadoFoodieDined on 8/2/2014Absolutely love this place! The food was amazing and the staff was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family dinnerpaulieDined on 7/27/2014The served meat was excellent. Salad bar was OK. Should have included dessert as opposed to a separate menu. Service was excellent. Wine list was all inclusive of different types of "good" wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat Eaters DelightMeatatarianDined on 7/26/2014Went for the food and was very happy with the quality and service. Loved the Brazilian dancer and the piano player that entertained us as we ate the spectacular food.Special Features:
- Best Deal in SDMWMIVIPDined on 7/24/2014Amazing quantity and quality of food. The salad bar is more than a salad bar, it really is a full compliment to the delicious meats served by the waitstaff. In addition to great food and service, the staff as well as many of the patrons are great to look at . . . HOT!Special Features:
- santastic eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Great food, good athmosphere, very nice live music..... We and our guests enjoyed every minute of it.Special Features:
- Amazing!SDDinerDined on 7/15/2014Amazing place that everyone needs to try...bring a big appetiteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/15/2014We went here for lunch and it was pretty good. Next time I go it will be for dinner. The lunch menu is good but the dinner menu has a better selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than Fogo De ChaoDaygoNinerDined on 7/13/2014If you like good food at a great price, this is the place for your. Succulent meats matched with the best salad/hot food bar in the city. Eat til you can't eat no more, what a great time with friends. The waitstaff was awesome and parking was easy in Horton Plaza. I definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Friendly servicefirsttimerDined on 7/13/2014It's fun to have waiters come to the table with skewers of meat to choose from, and the beef is delicious. So are the salads. Highly recommended for a special occasion with a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and deliciousarizrainDined on 7/12/2014There were four of us in our party ranging from 35 to 55 years old. We all really enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServicekimmysueDined on 7/7/2014Perfect special occasion restaurant! Abundant food with an amazing salad bar! Unique experience...everyone should give it a try. The service was absolutely the best we have had anywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- É boa pra caramba!jessstuDined on 7/6/2014Great meal and service, brought back many memories for my father who lived in Brazil many years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceDionDined on 7/4/2014Went on fourth of July. Had to choose the "premium lunch", which was amazing. They were out of chicken hearts (which were upon request) when I went. All the other meats tasted great. We requested the pineapple skewer towards the end of our meal and were accommodated quickly.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceExcellentDined on 7/4/2014I always have excellent service and a good experience every time I go. I tell everyone about the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for good foodGreatfoodsdDined on 7/2/2014I have had stake in many places, but this place is the best. I was welcomed by the waitress and she was great..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch Buffet the way to goOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/30/2014First timer, try lunch buffet which includes salad bar is enough. Staffs are friendly. For less than $20 bucks, this is the way to start your daySpecial Features:
- Sao Paulo WestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014Fantastic dinner. Wonderful experience. I felt like I was transported back to Sao Paulo! Vivi was the perfect hostess and Casio was excellent. Everyone smiling and service beyond compare. The ambiance was warm friendly and genuine. The people made the experience. Oh, and the food...Outstanding!Special Features:
- love ittulaDined on 6/27/2014Great food. Great service. Filet mignon is the best. New favorite spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value for lunchluvagooddealDined on 6/27/2014Great place for celebrating birthdays. Variety of food was excellent. Service staff was very attentive.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceHAMMER619Dined on 6/26/2014I've been wanting to dine here for a long time and found the perfect occasion, our 10th anniversary. My wife loved it. I was enamored with the salad bar and then absolutely fell in love with the selection of meat. The flavor of the meat was excellent. The filet mignon wrapped in bacon was one of our favorites. The hanger steak was great too. The price point was spot on too. We thoroughly enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved it! My FavGem6can1Dined on 6/22/2014I came for my 53rd birthday celebration with my mom and girlfriend, which was her first time. She was very impressed and I was just plain Happy! Thank you for everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorites!Terrie777Dined on 6/19/2014Food is amazing whether you go for lunch or dinner, we are never disappointed. Service here is GREAT! I do truly appreciate great service. Another thing I really like is that is causal. We can go in jeans and or dressed up after an event and you will comfortable either way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique style and fabulous foodCathyfoodDined on 6/19/2014I wasn't sure what to expect from this experience but my husband, a very picky eater, recommended we go. So I knew I was in for a good time, at least. And it was all that and more! My only tip is: arrive hungry. Have a light, early lunch the day you are having dinner at Rei Do Gado. You don't want to have to turn down any of the various barbecued-meat offerings. We had chicken, pork, lamb, and about six different cuts of beef. They were all tender and had a smoky undertone that enhanced the flavor. And the side-dish bar was also pretty amazing. My fellow carnivores and I appreciate the occasional chance to indulge without guilt!Special Features:
- Excellent!CPieDined on 6/19/2014Excellent--excellent--excellent! Words cannot express how wonderful the food, service and atmosphere are! Come one, come all, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed both dining and atomosphereshanDined on 6/12/2014Until we arrived to the restaurant and being asked if we wanted just lunch or lunch plus TV, we realized what an amazing lunch it would be. Having Brazilian food while watching the first match of the Brazil FIFA. What a choice. the foot, wine and the game gave us a really good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.