Regi's American Bistro
1002 Light Street
Baltimore, MD 21230Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Regi's American Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.regisamericanbistro.com/
- Phone: (410) 539-7344
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast/Brunch: 9:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For no fee we offer a 25 seat dining area for private parties and events. If requested we can provide a set menu which will sample some of our best dishes from the menu.
- Private Party Contact: Alan Morstein 4105397344x
- Special Events: Open Every Day For You Dining Needs.
A word from Regi's American Bistro
We feature roof-top & farm to fork. Our multiple award winning Crab Cakes & Brunch are the best in town. Enjoy our cuisine by the fireplace in our cozy dining room in the winter, or on our patio terrace in the warmer months. Join us for Brunch on both Saturday and Sunday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Regi's American Bistro - Best Restaurants in Federal Hill ›
Regi's American Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (54)great for brunch (37)great for outdoor dining (28)fit for foodies (26)great for lunch (16)vibrant bar scene (16)special occasion (8)good for groups (8)hot spot (7)romantic (6)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (3)Show More
- CareAboutItALLDined on 11/9/2014Just consistently good. Whether you want to sit near the bar or at one of the back room tables this place delivers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/8/2014We met another couple there for dinner and a chance to catchup. We were seated in the room parallel to the bar. All the table were full with people speaking in normal voices. It was so noisy we couldn't hear each other. The food was ok- crab cakes were not the best I've had. Fried onions on Asian salad overwhelmed it. Beer choices on tap were just basic. This was our first time at Regi's. I'm in no hurry to go back.Special Features:
- Nice Surpriserubble56Dined on 11/2/2014Picked Regis based on Open Table reviews. Entertained 9 guests for my daughters birthday. Was hesitant when first walking in as it is definitely a small neighborhood place, a bit aged but well kept. Entered through busy bar to small back room that could fit maybe 20 to 25 people. Turned out we were the only ones dining on this Sunday evening so had place to ourselves, felt like a private party. Server was excellent and the food was very good. Portion size just right and left room for appetizers and desert. As noted on Open Table the crab cake platter was one of the best!Special Features:
- Great food for all ages Fed HillMrWizardVIPDined on 11/1/2014As usual, the service and food were great at Regi's. Specials ranged from comfort food (brisket and potato pancakes) to some more upscale dishes (grilled salmon glazed with apple cider and honey). The salads are great (Asian/Thai is amazing, grilled cesar is the bomb.Special Features:
- Crab cake heavenchicchic5VIPDined on 10/25/2014We go here at least 2 times when we are in Baltimore for only 3 days. They make the best crab cakes. All crab meat and they are not fried. A small neighborhood find a few blocks from the harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time Dinner DinersSTUFFEDVIPDined on 10/19/2014Usually we do brunch at Regi's before a game, but this week I thought "why sit in post-game traffic when we could enjoy dinner at Regi's after the Ravens win?". The buffalo oysters were awesome, my husband really enjoyed the seafood pasta which was a special that night. It should have been served with a small veggie or side salad though. The Peanut Thai salad with salmon was very good. Thanks Regi's!Special Features:
- reliably good neighborhood jointBenFromShermanVIPDined on 10/19/2014Once a year for 6 years, we've been having brunch at Regi's on Sunday mornings when we're in town for Ravens games. The small dining room fills up quickly, but the competent, relaxed servers handle the crush with a friendly courtesy and efficiency. Our coffee cups are never empty. The brunch menu is imaginative but not overwhelming with just the right number of tasty choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is consistently good!CareAboutItALLDined on 10/11/2014Regi's is an oasis among bars in Federal Hill. I like the balance it provides of good food and atmosphere. Yes, it too is a bar, but they care about their cuisine. If you are looking for a nicer place to eat that doesn't overrun you with just loud bar drinkers, this is the place. I have enjoyed brunch, lunch, dinner and just sitting at the bar watching a ball game. It is certainly a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JackVIPDined on 10/6/2014My third trip to Regi's, have enjoyed it every time. Parking was easier than I expected it to be, they were ready for our group of six, the waitress was excellent, food good with a nice menu to choose from and their community commitment by honoring our discount (members of the Baltimore Museum of Industry) was appreciated.Special Features:
- Ravens BrunchSTUFFEDVIPDined on 9/28/2014My husband and I like to go here before a Ravens game but I do recommend that you have reservations. One recommendation to the owners - it would be nice if you could order sides to go with your breakfast, like a bagel or a dish of fruit. Or perhaps you can already do that but the menu doesn't say so? I'm not sure. Anyway, breakfast was delicious and I was totally stuffed after ordering the Denver omelette. I couldn't eat ANYTHING at the Ravens game, but that's ok, the stadium food is not worth eating anyway haha! You can tell that all of the regular customers know Allen and he is always a delight. The basket of muffins is a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious brunchDukieDined on 9/21/2014We went here for brunch on my Mom's birthday. They were great about getting us an outdoor table and the service was friendly and well-timed. I had a very yummy crab eggs benedict. For apps, the crab dip and fried oysters were both great. They brought out a piece of cake for my mom as well. I would highly recommend it! The patio is small, but the food and service were both standouts.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Saturday night of the Star Spangled weekend and Regi's was packed. I had a reservation and they were able to seat us within 15 minutes of the reservation time. Even in this crowded situation the food was up to its excellent standard. I was very impressed with their ability to handle such a large crowd. One of my favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Federal Hill Favorite!!KathyJoDined on 9/13/2014I have been here many times, and it never disappoints. The menu, food, and staff are consistently excellent. This is my "go to" place in Federal Hill.Special Features:
- SpectacularValerieDined on 9/12/2014We dined onFriday during the Star Spangled Spectacular and an Oriole game. At 6:30 pm the place was roaring....by 7:30 It was back to normal. The food was excellent,the service great - the only problem was the noise. We literally couldn't hear ourselves or have a conversation. It's still a great place and especially since we live in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Don't Go On Game NightsmaestroVIPDined on 9/11/2014Unknowingly went on the night of a Raven's game (the stadium is several blocks away). Had to deal with the noise level of the "football fans" filling up on liquid team spirit during the first half of our meal. Unless you like staggering, loud, cursing drunks, avoid game nights!Special Features:
- Great food and awesome ambianceRod1983Dined on 9/10/2014I would recommend Regis to everyone. It is just a great place for food,wine,and dessert. You should try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and delicious brunchHungry2VIPDined on 9/7/2014Our server went above and beyond in service--from keeping ice in our water on a warm day to running out in the street to save a parking space for my husband who had been looking for a place for an hour. Both the softshell crab omelet and the crab Benedict were absolutely fabulous. A great brunch experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food...Renee23Dined on 9/6/2014Wonderful food...excellent service...food delicious & delivered fast, fresh & hotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- again and againbaltimoreraeVIPDined on 8/31/2014We live in the neighborhood and eat at Regi's for brunch, lunch and dinner. We take ourselves and some time bring guests -- family and friends. Every meal is very good to great -- The menu is inventive (it changes) , while the old standards are consistently top notch. Kudos to chef --- Federal Hill is lucky to have you!Special Features:
- $7 for a Heineken?ParkvilleDiner78Dined on 8/31/2014We went here on a Sunday for brunch, before heading over to the American Visionary Art Museum. We'd made a reservation, and were sat in the very back of the restaurant, near the ladies' room. Shortly after, a loud party of 6 was seated next to us, which wasn't great in the close-quarters of the room we were in. The food is great, but pricey, probably because the portions are ridiculously huge. They could give half as much food and charge just a few dollars less, and I think customers would still feel like they were getting their money's worth. My biggest complaint is the price of drinks. $7 for a bottle of Heineken is ridiculous. The food was good, and the service was fine, but I don't think we'll be going back.Special Features:
- Better and BetterFedhillliv2eatVIPDined on 8/24/2014In the five years in Federal Hill this restaurant continues to improve and is great for brunch, lunch and dinnerSpecial Features:
- A nice Sunday brunchMDFoodiesVIPDined on 8/10/2014A nice location, easy parking, reasonable prices, friendly staff, a range of brunch or lunch choices. The food was good and plentiful. Nice complimentary muffins instead of bread basket. A good solid brunch destination. Not gourmet but a darn good omelet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceRPalmer45Dined on 8/7/2014I've never had anything other than a great time at Regis. Excellent crab cakes as always and my girlfriend chose restaurant week, which had very generous portions, which you don't often see. The great food was matched by the service provided by our waiter Spencer, very knowledgable and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014The food was amazing! We had a male server and the service was good but I don't think he smiled one. Maybe he was just having a bad day but he seemed very grouchy/annoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our visitJackVIPDined on 8/7/2014Our second visit. Good food and fair pricing. Waiter was competent but should have upgraded his apparel/appearance to a level in keeping with the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/4/2014Requested food not be burnt. Salmon burger was burnt on both sides and bread of sandwich was burnt on one side. After cutting off the burned parts the rest of the food was good.
- krabladyDined on 7/27/2014Always great to be at Regi's. Good service and consistently good food. Never disappoints. And not as pricey as some others in the area.Special Features:
- The following 574 reviews are from the Regi's American Bistro reviews archive.
- Acceptable (No gluten free options)ValentineDined on 7/18/2014The experience was not the best. Service was great, food was edible but not no gluten free option available, thanks to the server we arranged something I could eat. It was overpriced for what they give you.Special Features:
- Too noisypnjhVIPDined on 7/15/2014The food and service were good, but the ambient noise was WAY too high. Plus the only table for 5 was right next to the rest room. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- Very good, quiet, inexpensiveMarylandCoupleDined on 7/13/2014Food is consistently very good; service never bad but rarely exceptional. Always my number one restaurant in Federal HillSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/7/2014Of the 8 people, 6 people were served entrees. I could have perhaps been understanding if the server acknowledged us and explained a delay but instead she walked away. Several times after that, she or other servers came back to the area with food for surrounding tables. After 10 minutes of being ignored, I finally was able to grab the waitress's attention and ask what was going on. She shrugged it off as the kitchen being behind. I can understand if the kitchen is behind but to send out 6 of 8 entrees is not being behind, it is a mistake. I had to track down a manager as all 6 people were almost done eating and we had not received our meal. We finally got it 12 minutes after the rest of the group and my salad was not even correct.
- Good FoodTobyDined on 7/5/2014Regi's is a wonderful place to have a nice, relaxed meal . The food is good and always consistent. They have a well stocked bar and the service is warm and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome brunchshelrDined on 6/29/2014Would definitely go back to Regi's for brunch! The staff was very friendly & attentive. The food was really good. Didn't have to have the cronuts, but they were delish!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accomodatingoliveDined on 6/29/2014Service was great, and they were very accomodating. We went for brunch, and my two young daughters split a meal. Very impressed that they brought it split already on two plates, and each was garnished.Special Features:
- Regis BistromiishuzDined on 6/28/2014From the moment we entered the restaurant, the evening was perfection ! Greeted by the owner, who was totally involved in making sure that everyone in the restaurant was having a great time and enjoying their meals. The food service was excellent and the food Fresh and Flavorful to say the least. We all had different meals and everyone enjoyed them to the Max! Will definitely be back to this restaurant !!Special Features:
- Neighborhood SecretjanfergVIPDined on 6/28/2014Don't tell anyone - this is one of the best little gems in the city. If word gets out, I wlll have trouble getting reservations The night I was there, they had WHALES Generous coctails, interesting menue, owner present, and a weekly must stopSpecial Features:
- Terrible ServiceBernieDined on 6/26/2014My wife and I arrived at 5PM. We were the only diners in dining room. Was told by waitress (Carly) that wine is half price tonite. She brought my wifes gazpacho soup 15 minutes before my chicken (6) wings. Then when i am eating my 4th wing she brings out our entrees. Carly should know not to bring out entrees before the appetizers are finished and that the appetizers should be served together. I like to eat while my wife is eating. Not take turns eating our appetizers. When the check came the wine was full price. Carly failed to mention that it was house wine only that was half priced. I got the feeling that they cater to locals and treat visitors poorly. Anyway if you dine there make sure you don't have Carly as your waitress.
- Our go-To Place in Federal HillbaltimorebookladyDined on 6/21/2014Great menu with farm to table specialties. Alan and his staff do an excellent job and everything my wife and I have ordered off the menu has been outstanding. We have dined there multiple times and the food and service are consistently top level. Great martinis too! Be sure to try the tater-tot appetizer; yes that’s right, tater-tots. Homemade tater-tots with bacon and brie- outstanding!!Special Features:
- Never DisappointsBFitzDined on 6/15/2014Regi's is our favorite restaurant in Federal Hill. The food is always fresh and delicious. They have a diverse menu with offerings at many different price points. Guests can always find something on the menu that is appealing. I consider myself to be a crabcake aficionado, and believe that Regi's crabcake is one of the best in town. We had a luncheon after both our son and daughter's baptism at Regi's, and could not have been happier with the food and service. We highly recommend Regi's to anyone visiting Baltimore.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2014I have lived in the neighborhood for 13 years and Regi's never disappoints. They work hard to always deliver the best food and dining Experience. My soft shell crabs were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.