Regi's American Bistro
1002 Light Street
Baltimore, MD 21230Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Regi's American Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.regisamericanbistro.com/
- Phone: 410-539-7344x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast/Brunch: 9:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For no fee we offer a 25 seat dining area for private parties and events. If requested we can provide a set menu which will sample some of our best dishes from the menu.
- Private Party Contact: Alan Morstein 4105397344x
- Special Events: Open Every Day For You Dining Needs.
A word from Regi's American Bistro
We feature roof-top & farm to fork. Our multiple award winning Crab Cakes & Brunch are the best in town. Enjoy our cuisine by the fireplace in our cozy dining room in the winter, or on our patio terrace in the warmer months. Join us for Brunch on both Saturday and Sunday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Regi's American Bistro - Best Restaurants in Federal Hill ›
Regi's American Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (64)great for brunch (49)great for outdoor dining (48)great for lunch (31)fit for foodies (28)good for groups (12)vibrant bar scene (11)special occasion (11)romantic (7)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (6)notable wine list (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Better and BetterFedhillliv2eatVIPDined on 8/24/2014In the five years in Federal Hill this restaurant continues to improve and is great for brunch, lunch and dinnerSpecial Features:
- A nice Sunday brunchMDFoodiesVIPDined on 8/10/2014A nice location, easy parking, reasonable prices, friendly staff, a range of brunch or lunch choices. The food was good and plentiful. Nice complimentary muffins instead of bread basket. A good solid brunch destination. Not gourmet but a darn good omelet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceRPalmer45Dined on 8/7/2014I've never had anything other than a great time at Regis. Excellent crab cakes as always and my girlfriend chose restaurant week, which had very generous portions, which you don't often see. The great food was matched by the service provided by our waiter Spencer, very knowledgable and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014The food was amazing! We had a male server and the service was good but I don't think he smiled one. Maybe he was just having a bad day but he seemed very grouchy/annoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our visitJackVIPDined on 8/7/2014Our second visit. Good food and fair pricing. Waiter was competent but should have upgraded his apparel/appearance to a level in keeping with the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/4/2014Requested food not be burnt. Salmon burger was burnt on both sides and bread of sandwich was burnt on one side. After cutting off the burned parts the rest of the food was good.
- krabladyDined on 7/27/2014Always great to be at Regi's. Good service and consistently good food. Never disappoints. And not as pricey as some others in the area.Special Features:
- Acceptable (No gluten free options)ValentineDined on 7/18/2014The experience was not the best. Service was great, food was edible but not no gluten free option available, thanks to the server we arranged something I could eat. It was overpriced for what they give you.Special Features:
- Too noisypnjhVIPDined on 7/15/2014The food and service were good, but the ambient noise was WAY too high. Plus the only table for 5 was right next to the rest room. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- Very good, quiet, inexpensiveMarylandCoupleDined on 7/13/2014Food is consistently very good; service never bad but rarely exceptional. Always my number one restaurant in Federal HillSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/7/2014Of the 8 people, 6 people were served entrees. I could have perhaps been understanding if the server acknowledged us and explained a delay but instead she walked away. Several times after that, she or other servers came back to the area with food for surrounding tables. After 10 minutes of being ignored, I finally was able to grab the waitress's attention and ask what was going on. She shrugged it off as the kitchen being behind. I can understand if the kitchen is behind but to send out 6 of 8 entrees is not being behind, it is a mistake. I had to track down a manager as all 6 people were almost done eating and we had not received our meal. We finally got it 12 minutes after the rest of the group and my salad was not even correct.
- Good FoodTobyDined on 7/5/2014Regi's is a wonderful place to have a nice, relaxed meal . The food is good and always consistent. They have a well stocked bar and the service is warm and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome brunchshelrDined on 6/29/2014Would definitely go back to Regi's for brunch! The staff was very friendly & attentive. The food was really good. Didn't have to have the cronuts, but they were delish!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accomodatingoliveDined on 6/29/2014Service was great, and they were very accomodating. We went for brunch, and my two young daughters split a meal. Very impressed that they brought it split already on two plates, and each was garnished.Special Features:
- Regis BistromiishuzDined on 6/28/2014From the moment we entered the restaurant, the evening was perfection ! Greeted by the owner, who was totally involved in making sure that everyone in the restaurant was having a great time and enjoying their meals. The food service was excellent and the food Fresh and Flavorful to say the least. We all had different meals and everyone enjoyed them to the Max! Will definitely be back to this restaurant !!Special Features:
- Neighborhood SecretjanfergDined on 6/28/2014Don't tell anyone - this is one of the best little gems in the city. If word gets out, I wlll have trouble getting reservations The night I was there, they had WHALES Generous coctails, interesting menue, owner present, and a weekly must stopSpecial Features:
- Terrible ServiceBernieDined on 6/26/2014My wife and I arrived at 5PM. We were the only diners in dining room. Was told by waitress (Carly) that wine is half price tonite. She brought my wifes gazpacho soup 15 minutes before my chicken (6) wings. Then when i am eating my 4th wing she brings out our entrees. Carly should know not to bring out entrees before the appetizers are finished and that the appetizers should be served together. I like to eat while my wife is eating. Not take turns eating our appetizers. When the check came the wine was full price. Carly failed to mention that it was house wine only that was half priced. I got the feeling that they cater to locals and treat visitors poorly. Anyway if you dine there make sure you don't have Carly as your waitress.
- Our go-To Place in Federal HillbaltimorebookladyDined on 6/21/2014Great menu with farm to table specialties. Alan and his staff do an excellent job and everything my wife and I have ordered off the menu has been outstanding. We have dined there multiple times and the food and service are consistently top level. Great martinis too! Be sure to try the tater-tot appetizer; yes that’s right, tater-tots. Homemade tater-tots with bacon and brie- outstanding!!Special Features:
- Never DisappointsBFitzDined on 6/15/2014Regi's is our favorite restaurant in Federal Hill. The food is always fresh and delicious. They have a diverse menu with offerings at many different price points. Guests can always find something on the menu that is appealing. I consider myself to be a crabcake aficionado, and believe that Regi's crabcake is one of the best in town. We had a luncheon after both our son and daughter's baptism at Regi's, and could not have been happier with the food and service. We highly recommend Regi's to anyone visiting Baltimore.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2014I have lived in the neighborhood for 13 years and Regi's never disappoints. They work hard to always deliver the best food and dining Experience. My soft shell crabs were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticFederalHillGOPVIPDined on 6/13/2014We've been coming to Regi's for years and every time it is a wonderful experience. By far the best restaurant in Federal Hill.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/11/2014Good food, pleasant atmosphere. Small but well done menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why did it take so long to try ?eastBawlmerInBloodDined on 6/6/2014soft crabs were outstanding. The homemade soups started the night out on an excellant note. I seen this place for 20 years but this was my first visit. I dont know why I took so long.Special Features:
- Federal Hill's BestFederalHillGOPVIPDined on 6/6/2014Our go to restaurant when taking guests out from out of town. Great staff, great service, and great food...you can't go wrong.Special Features:
- A haven for adults in Federal HillFedhillliv2eatVIPDined on 5/31/2014An adult restaurant and bar with food and cocktails to match those needs A respite from the college bar scene that dominates the areaSpecial Features:
- Light Street GemSouthBaltoBoy4606Dined on 5/31/2014Watched the Cross Street Area for over 50 years. Worked in Cross St. Mkt. as teenager.... WOW how the neighborhood has changed, for the BETTER!! Regi's was recommended by family member living in the Key Highway complex.... a favorite place for me too, now !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Federal Hill gemOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/25/2014We loved Regi's and would highly recommend it. Great neighborhood bar and restaurant! Will definitely recommend it to friends. Loved the Federal Hill neighborhood in general and quick walk from Inner Harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaibly goodrolandparkneighborVIPDined on 5/24/2014We love coming to Regi's! The food is always great, and the service is very good. We sat outside and had soft crabs and crab cakes that were excellent. Only downside was a table of screaming girls next to us who stepped only a few feet away to smoke.Special Features:
- Great value!SteverDined on 5/17/2014From the drinks, to the appetizers, to the dinners, our group of 5 was very satisfied with the overall experience. The sandwiches were very large and hearty, especially for the price. Their speciality drinks are a bit expensive, but full of flavor. Overall I'd definitely recommend with place, especially when you can get outside seating.Special Features:
- Pre-Prom DinnerChaperoneDined on 5/16/2014My boyfriend and I came here after being suggested by multiple people before we chaperoned the prom. It was a gorgeous night and our table was ready for us right as we arrived. Our waiter was very polite and the owner/manager himself came over to our table to make sure we were satisfied and made light conversation. Food was awesome and there is no doubt we would visit here again!Special Features:
- Wonderful spot after the gameBeachpawsDined on 5/11/2014After an Orioles game what a wonderful place to relax and enjoy a fabulous meal with friends.. A standout was the oyster appetizer with the Blue Cheese Cole slaw that was a real hit. The meals came quickly and we had a wonderful waiter in Spencer. If you are in the area this is a great find.Special Features:
- Mother's Day Brunch at Regi'sRachelDined on 5/11/2014Made a reservation for Mother's Day brunch and requested outside seating which was honored no problem. Seating outside was tight, but nice all the same. Started off with a complimentary basket of warm poppy seed muffins/cornbread which were delicious. 1Litre of mimosa was pricey at $19, but this was the only real negative. Would highly recommend the biscuits and we all enjoyed the brunch options including the Chesapeake Eggs Benedict and the California Turkey & Egg Wrap. Overall, a good spot in Fed to brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2014Terrific place for brunch. Mother's day specials were excellent. Portions are generous too.Special Features:
- We love RegisSallyAnnVIPDined on 5/10/2014Neighborhood go to place! Foof consistently very good, good service, warm, cozy ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative cuisine in Federal HillGT8MDVIPDined on 5/7/2014Third trip here, never disappointed. Our party of three had a mid week 9 PM reservation and found the place empty. Our waitress seemed happy to see us and delivered hot tasty food with no delay. we shared the Buffalo Oysters, smashed meatballs and crab dip apps all were generous, original and wowed my guests. Entrees were soft shell crabs on the special menu cooked to perfection and the short rib off the main menu presented in cowboy sized portion. We loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FederalHillGOPVIPDined on 5/4/2014Regi's is our go to for Sunday brunch. Always friendly and charming service from Shelley, our favorite bartender in town. Alan, the proprietor, is the most friendly and engaging restaurateur around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FederalHillGOPVIPDined on 5/2/2014Regi's seems to everything right...good food, fantastic service, great atmosphere, and top notch staff. We've been going to regularly for 8 years and have never left disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 544 reviews are from the Regi's American Bistro reviews archive.
- OVERALL IT WAS GREATGOURMET21Dined on 4/25/2014LOVED SITTING AT A ROUND TABLE WITH ALL MY FAMILY, LOVED TAKING THE LEFTOVERS HOME, ATE MY WHITE FISH AND SMOKED SALMON SANDWICH FOR BREAKFAST THE NEXT MORNING WITH A GOOD CUP OF COFFEE. LOVED IT !!! I ALWAYS RECOMMEND REGI'S TO MY PENNSYLVANIA FRIENDS WHO VISIT BALTIMORE. FOOD IS ALWAYS CONSISTENTLY DELICIOUS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to lunch outsideSiggDined on 4/24/2014Ate here with friends and our dog. The day was cool but the outdoor area was covered and comfortable, even if not scenic (since it's on the street which sometimes was noisy). The food came promptly and everyone in our party seemed satisfied with their order.Special Features:
- Easter brunchEastervisitorDined on 4/20/2014My group of four were well met by the staff at the restaurant. I was surprised that the restaurant was not busier, many empty tables. But the waitress was prompt and pleasant. The food was served fairly quickly and was good, though not special. This is a good neighborhood restaurant.Special Features: