New York, NY 10025Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.regionalnyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 666-1915
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 11:00am-3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday 5:00pm-11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday 5:00pm-11:30pm, Sunday 5:00pm-10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Italian
- Executive Chef: Pierluigi Sacchetti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Can handle all your catering needs
- Special Events: Specialize in cocktail parties, after wedding brunches, rehearsal dinners or any other intimate party
A word from Regional
Regional is an Italian restaurant specializing in THE CUISINE OF THE MANY REGIONS OF Italy. Every single one of the 20 regions that comprise the Italian territory are represented with 1 or more recipes on our menu. We feature a wine list of about 50 all Italian wines(red white sparkling)and a full bar(seats 16) with a great small tapas menus. Other features are a great weekend brunch(anything from sandwiches to omelettes, burgers to pancakes). Our Chef PierLuigi Sacchetti has cooked in many hot spots in the city.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Regional reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)great for brunch (11)good for groups (10)fit for foodies (9)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (3)notable wine list (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- A Family-run Italian RestaurantTomLikesGoodFoodDined on 11/25/2014Good, solid menu of traditional Italian favorites all well executed. I particularly like the fritto misto appetizer of shrimp and calamari. My main course pick is branzino, and my dessert pick is tiramisu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite place for pastapadareejVIPDined on 11/24/2014I've eaten here many times and I have never been disappointed. The food is always great and the service is wonderful. Definitely worth a visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will try happy hours as wellKatsuDined on 11/8/2014This is my second visit since last year. The restaurant carries many region-specific wines (Is that the origin of the name of this restaurant?), such as from Sicily. It is interesting to see those specific wines as well as food. I got squid's black ink pasta (today's special) and flied calamari with shrimps. Calamari is really great if you cannot spend $$. It is prenty enough for 1 person. Pasta is always good - note that you need to wait for a while. I think the chef makes all pastas from the scratch for each dish. This restaurant is one of my favorite Italian restaurants in Manhattan, and I will definitely start stopping by Monday and Wednesday happy hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveRegionalAnonymousVIPDined on 11/3/2014Regional is a super neighborhood haunt! I come not only for the food but for the atmosphere and friendliness. Wish there were more variety in desserts... would love to have something not supersweet but a nice meal ending. Biscotti anyone?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sweetsAnonymousVIPDined on 10/27/2014I love Regional. Great spot in the 'hood. Service and food is excellent. Almost always wish there were some less extravagent choices in the dessert menu - biscotti anyone?I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch!CUstudentDined on 10/25/2014Fantastic bottomless mimosa brunch for $6 when you buy a meal. They are very generous with the mimosas, constantly refilling and the mimosas aren't weak like many places. Their gourmet sausages are fantastic. They did everything you'd expect very well. Going to add this to the brunch rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurantpadareejVIPDined on 10/20/2014I eat here regularly because the food is consistently great. The specials give you the same great food and wine at even better prices and the brunch is FANTASTIC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- long-time famAnonymousVIPDined on 10/20/2014I love Regional. It is my neighborhood hangout. Great food and wine, love sitting at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliableSarabeeDined on 10/9/2014Regional is always reliable when you have a desire for Italian food. The dishes seem quite authentic and are always very good. They have a number of daily specials so the menu doesn't become boring if you go there frequently. The service is always attentive without being overbearing. The noise level is fine early in the evening and tends to become louder as the evening progresses so if you like to eat your dinner in relative quiet, go early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never againOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/3/2014very disappointing. haven't had such bad service in ages.
- MelKMelKDined on 8/23/2014This is a fantastic brunch spot and the fact that it's around the corner from my house is even better!Special Features:
- AvoiduwsdinnerDined on 8/19/2014The lack of service was only matched by the food. Ordered lasagna, common to an Italian restaurant, and the top was burned. Not just crisp but black and tasted of burnt wood. I would have returned it but with the lack of service I was not likely to get it until the next day. I ordered a common cocktail and was told they didn't have the ingredients even though the supermarket was next door. Very poor customer service. The owner hovered over some tables joking and trying her best but if you were over 30 years of age you were made to feel unwelcome. Spend you dining dollars where they want you.
- Overpriced Italian foodStumpfer0Dined on 8/15/2014The location is along a row of restaurants on Broadway. Outdoor seating. Pleasant waiter. But the food was meh. My friend ordered the lamb chop, I ordered the tuna steak. Very bland and certainly overpriced. Will not go back.
- One of my favorite placespadareejVIPDined on 8/11/2014We eat here all the time because the food is consistently good and the prices are reasonable. I HIGHLY recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little down-marketmorselDined on 8/9/2014I went here with friends to have a brunch on a Saturday. When we got there the music was really loud, but they turned it off -- for a while. The food was good, but the seating and ambiance is very fast food -- not that comfortable or visually inviting, certainly not fancy enough for a really special brunch. And the music/noise made it seem cheap. Still, the food was good. And the coffee kept coming. The menu looked interesting for lunch or dinner, and I'd like to try it sometime, but am wary that the noise factor will put me off. I like to be able to have a conversation without effort, and prefer no music to compete with the table chat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow, uncomfortable, unremarkableczombikDined on 8/5/2014The food was OK but the wait was intolerable. We were trapped in the restaurant for two hours, and they would have kept us there longer if I hadn't asked for our bill BEFORE DESSERT EVEN ARRIVED. I will never go back here, and I will discourage everyone I know from going as well.
- Nice Neighborhood Italian FoodMarkoVIPDined on 8/3/2014Friendly staff and good food. Nice opportunity to sit outside or at the bar and enjoy a summer evening.Special Features:
- The following 284 reviews are from the Regional reviews archive.
- L8DinerVIPDined on 6/29/2014Two eggs, one piece of toast and one piece of bacon for $11.... Not a very good value for my $$$.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014Food is great. Service variable. Once you order they forget about youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MelKMelKDined on 6/14/2014Overall this place was great. I wasn't in love with their menu items for brunch but the unlimited mimosas was fantastic! I'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- InconsistentOftenGoodDined on 6/13/2014In three recent visits to Regional, I had one excellent sirloin steak and two extremely poor ones. The poor ones had lots of gristle and they were quite thin. They had very little chewable meat. On two occasions the waitress was excellent and on one other occasion the waitress just disappeared. One steak arrived about 15 minutes after everyone else in my party had been served. There is one consistently good dessert -- the warm chocolate souffle. Others might be good too; I haven't tried them. The wait staff is generally personable and knowledgable (except for the waitress who disappeared).
- Neighborhood gempadareejVIPDined on 6/2/2014We eat here regularly because the food is great the service is great and the prices are very reasonable. I high recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, but not cozyNickDined on 5/30/2014I was delighted when Regional opened. We in the neighborhood had recently sadly saw the departure of and authentic French bistro. Regional promised to be authentically Italian, and it is, particularly in its menu. All the food is very good, especially the fish dishes. The service is great. My disappointed is with the atmosphere. The room is big, so it's hard to find an intimate table. The decor is modern and plain with hard surfaces everywhere which reflect noise; rather than being able to relax, have comfortable conversation, enjoy the carefully prepared Italian food and the good service, our meal is imposed upon by the din all around. I still like this spot, but not as much as I otherwise might.Special Features:
- Regional dinnerDatingoutDined on 5/17/2014Very nice restaurant, reasonable prices, very good service. We had the Tuna Carpaccio and Eggplant and enjoyed them thoroughly We both had Pasta dishes and they were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch spot.GQ11Dined on 5/17/2014The food was great! Waiters were very attentive and my mimosa glass was always full!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unlimited mimosas and bloody Mary'shipchic2VIPDined on 5/11/2014But the service is extremely slow. Do not come famished or you will be waiting and hungry for a long time.Special Features:
- AndyVIPDined on 4/27/2014The food was fine, but the place was way too noisy for our taste.
- Always a pleasurepadareejVIPDined on 4/21/2014We have eaten here many times and it is always delicious. Their specials are great and their brunch is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointingGoodfoodlousyservioeVIPDined on 4/20/2014I have been to Regional many times, mostly for dinner. I expect their brunch to be a bit rowdy (all you can drink), but the service and food is usually good enough to negate the frat party atmosphere. Good was mediocre. Service terrible (my tea was delivered as just a chipped cup of hot water; no tea bag). I will not go back for brunch again.
- Standard Neighborhood Findnjoy2dineDined on 4/5/2014Regional is around the corner from my home and I have been going with neighbors and friends for quite a while. The food is always good. The service is always friendly and pleasant and the management is always welcoming. You really can't go wrong.Special Features:
- Best brunch in the areapadareejVIPDined on 3/30/2014I've had dinner here many times but this was my first brunch. The food was good and the mimosas were GREATSpecial Features:
- Always dependable for excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/29/2014Always dependable for excellent pasta and salads. No nonsense- just really good food.Special Features:
- slow serviceresponsiblefather4289Dined on 3/24/2014took approx 25 mins to seat us even though we had a reservation, once that happened, it took another 20-25 minutes to get our orders inSpecial Features:
- Consistently wonderfulpadareejVIPDined on 2/17/2014I love this place! They have great food at reasonable prices. The service is wonderful and the pasta special on Mondays brings us back over and over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and ServicePeggyDined on 2/16/2014The food is wonderful and the service very warm, personal and attentiveSpecial Features:
- Great for brunch!EwohVIPDined on 1/26/2014The sausage and egg special and free refills on the mimosas made for a perfect brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/30/2013I invited seven friends to join me for dinner on my birthday, and Regional seemed to please everyone. Pay attention to the daily specials that offer great discounts on various items. Main drawback - most of the non-meat menu options are heavily dependent on dairy. It would be nice to see more vegetables and fish. I haven't found an appetizer yet that this non-meat-eating lactose-intolerant person can enjoy.Special Features:
- neighborhood favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/28/2013Really good fresh pastas and salads. Lots to choose from. Very casual, but the food is great and the price is right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unlimited Mimosas a Major PlusWhatDoIKnowVIPDined on 12/28/2013The food at Regional was your typical, brunch food. Nothing to really write home or opentable about. The unlimited mimosas, especially for the price of one mimosa is a total win.Special Features:
- Overcrowdedbaron34Dined on 12/23/2013Monday is their cheap pasta night, so crowds are expected--but the restaurant should get enough staff on hand to handle them. Also, bartenders need to check for dregs when pouring the last of a bottle. My second glass of red had grape pudding in the bottom. A pet peeve, which happens at too many restaurants, is that no one bothers to say, "Thank you," when patrons leave. Otherwise, except for the dismal, factory-cafeteria, décor, well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.