4631 Falmouth Road
Cotuit, MA 02635Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.regattarestaurant.com/home/
- Phone: 5084285715
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday through Thursday: 5:00 - 9:00
Friday and Saturday: 5:00 - 10:00
Brunch Coming Soon
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Will Hollanger
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Private Party Facilities: You and your guests will be delighted with our personal attention and caring service in our 218 year old mansion. You'll feel special in our cozy, candle lit dining rooms. At the Regatta, our world revolves around exceeding expectations and making your event one to remember.
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 8669361796
A word from Regatta
You will be delighted with our personal attention and caring service in our 218 year old mansion. You'll feel special in our cozy, candle lit dining rooms. Have cocktails at the newest addition to the Regatta, our Tap Room Bar. At the Regatta, our world revolves around you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Regatta reviews from OpenTable diners
- The old Regatta is dead and gone!fastestmz3Dined on 10/5/2013What a shame. My family has dined at the Regatta for over a decade. The most recent visit (our second since the ownership change) will be our last. The waitress was rude and incompetent. The changes to decor include chairs which will remind you the next day how uncomfortable they were the night before. The interior decorator needs a refresher course or a change of careers. Average food, outrageously over-priced. if you really want your money's worth go to the Glass Onion. Sadly, this iteration of the Regatta no longer merits the fine dining label.
- GREAT FOOD, POOR SERVICEDRLAMBCHOPSDined on 9/28/2013Place had only 3 other tables and we waited an hr for the main course, not well managed. One couple left anfer waiting 30 minutes for water.I would recommend this to a friend.
- smart casualjdb1Dined on 9/27/2013While the food was outstanding the atmosphere was ruined by seeting a group of 4 young adults in the center of the room that were certainly not properly dressed and were extremely noisy all night - to the extent that I was not able to easily to converse with my wife. Following the meal I ordered a glass of Mextexa and was served some other brandy instead without my approval/Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gift CertificateLeeJosephDined on 9/21/2013My husband and I dined at the Regatta Saturday night. After having a wonderful dinner and bottle of great wine, we gave the waiter a gift certificate along with our credit card. . We brought a gift certificate given to me by a client. The gift certificate expiration was 7/2014. The waiter took it and when he returned informed us that they would honor only 50% of the $150 gift certificate we had. They said they were under new management. I asked how a consumer would know this as it was not displayed on their website, or on Open Table (where I made the reservation).The manager agreed with me .The name of the restaurant is the same. However, the dinner was great and I would recommend to others.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The great regatta is backCapefoodiesVIPDined on 9/13/2013We had heard great reviews from friends that had come here since it reopened. The new owner has a very nice menu. We had a lovely dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Expensive!GinnyGailVIPDined on 9/12/2013It was a beautiful night and we wanted to dine outside. There was no one on the patio, but they graciously accommodated us, and we were attended by a wonderful waitress. We were disappointed in the wine billed as "Super Tuscan", as we've had this before, and it's a drinkable red wine at $10-13. The salmon entrée was delicious, but the risotto cake was deep fried, and had a tang reminiscent of too much wine. Entrees were much too expensiveSpecial Features:
- Customer mistakes!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2013Ah, being familiar with the restaurant I failed to (1.) request the Front Room as the Green Room is too noisy, tables too close preventing private conversation, and customers are forced to listen in on others private conversation which can be uncomfortable. The Front Room is more private. (2.) I understand the Chef's approach to cooking. Too much salt is used for my (our) taste. When ordering, I failed to request that the Chef not use salt. I spent the middle of the night gulping water. All my mistakes. That said, I like the restaurant al lot. My best wishes.Special Features:
- Love the New RegattaGoodTasteVIPDined on 9/7/2013This restaurant is under new ownership since the last time we were here. We love the updates to the building. They kept the charm of this historic property while sprucing the place up and creating a more contemporary atmosphere. Our server was wonderful as was the food! We started with the portobello and goat cheese napolean and the curried oysters, then split the rack of lamb. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Favorites1bostonDined on 9/7/2013We were there a few years ago...thought the attitude of the wait staff was a bit high handed. Decided to give it another chance... This time wait staff was friendly/welcoming etc. but service was slow...[2nd glass of wine arrived at the end of dinner].... we had salmon /filet mignon which was good ...except for the asparagus the vegetables were not special. There is a woman who tours the restaurant ...to assure everything is going well....she is very gracious and effective/ busy and it could be argued that on the latter ...probably shouldn't be..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingHugemonDined on 9/5/2013It's a lovely venue. But overpriced relative to the quality of the food & more so the service. It appeared to be understaffed as our waitperson albeit very nice and knowledgable was not not around a lot, e.g., had to wait to order second drinks, dessert and for check. Food was average at best especially for $40+ entrees. It was a better restaurant under former owner--sad.Special Features:
- Wonderful!RACKDined on 9/5/2013We have been going to the Regatta in Falmouth and then Cotuit for 30+ years. We were very worried about new owners. It was a wonderful dining experience. We tried the duck and the yellow tail flounder, both were magnificent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the new Regatta!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/1/2013Haven't ben to the Regatta in years, didn't like the stuffiness. The new Regatta is fresh and updated, with wood tables and club chair dining. The new American menu is superb and extensive, so is the wine list. Great new chef creations, enjoyed the curried oysters and lobster martini appetizers. The chicken entree was crispy and moist, and the veal chop well prepared. the desserts all looked delicious, had the ice cream which was light and made with fresh with strawberries. Will soon return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining at its finestFoodaddictDined on 8/31/2013Food was exceptionally delicious, good sized serving (you would not go home hungry), well presented,a pleasing combination of flavors and the service was excellent!! I have already recommended it to others with discriminating tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant on the CapediningtigerDined on 8/29/2013The Regatta is consistently wonderful, and our most recent dinner was no exception. The entrees were amazing - my wife had the champagne lobster and I had the halibut. Not only were both dishes amazing, but the portions were huge, something I can't say about the portions at many other high end restaurants (we actually took half home, and had them for dinner last night). The service was also wonderful...our server was attentive, but not overbearing, and made sure we always had what we needed. If I have one item to improve, it's the Caesar Salad...my wife ordered it, and it was missing something...not sure what. On the other hand, I had the raw seafood appetizer, and everything was incredibly fresh. We'll come back again and again.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/27/2013Everything about the Regatta is outstanding! I have driven by this restaurant for years but have never gone in. Now I would like to go there every day! Just perfect for any occasion but of course the food is the major reason. Each course not only taste good but is so well presented. We will definitely come back frequently!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as memorable as in theFredVIPDined on 8/24/2013Not as memorable as in the past. Overpriced for what you get.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great nightBob1Dined on 8/21/2013Regatta is consistently great! An anniversary dinner. We asked for a quiet table. The Regatta is broken up into several small dining rooms and one larger room. We were seated in one of the smaller rooms with only one other small group. Just what we asked for! The beef and seafood were both outstanding and our evening romantic. Service was excellent ! Highly recommend for any nice night out!Special Features:
- A great disapointmentStanley2Dined on 8/21/2013To be honest, a great disapointment compared to what it was under the prior two owners. We had beef and salids. The Ceaser salid was all letuce, little cheese or anchovies- the beef was good but the brown sauce was teriable - tasted like beef bulion - bread selection poor china cheep. Not at all what we had come to expect under the prior two owners. Coffee was terriable - tasted of chicory or was burned,
- Lovely but priceykickVIPDined on 8/17/2013The Regatta was a great place to dine. The food was very good although they did not have the only vegetarian dish on the menu that night. I'd like white tablecloths for the price. Service was good. Maybe we'll go back when there is a "winter" menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeScottRosenthalVIPDined on 8/16/2013I used to go there before the prior owner moved on. My hopes were that the level of perfection would still be there ... and YES, it was! Great ambiance, great food ... love it! I live 5 minutes away so I'll be a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but we hope for better soonZiggyVIPDined on 8/15/2013We have gone to this restaurant under its previous managements for many years; it was, in fact, our favorite spot for special occasions and we were sad when it closed last fall. Now it has reopened under new management and we are hopeful. However, it still has a way to go. The service was slow, lacking in enthusiasm, and imperfect (e.g., we waited a good deal of time to get bread and then to get the bread basket refilled), the food ranged from fair to very good, when we asked that a dish be adjusted in order to avoid an allergy the result was not very creative and the noise level was so high we often could not hear each other talk. (This last problem will be a difficult to solve but an attempt should be made.) We will back back next summer.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great. The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2013Food was great. The service was slow at first, but good overall.Special Features:
- We, a table of four, sharedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2013We, a table of four, shared three appetizers.Everybody loved the curried oysters the most; even those who don't love oysters.. For entrees, the fish was fresh and nicely prepared, the veal chop was delicious and so big that there were leftovers, and the rack of lamb was perfect. The desserts were the weak point of dinner, but we still enjoyed them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2013We thoroughly enjoyed celebrating our anniversary at the Regatta. Beautifully presentened and tasty,the food was prepared to our liking. The service was excellent. Our waitress was attentive and knowledgable about the menu. Thisrestaurant is expensive so for us it will for be a special occasion dinner.Special Features:
- Good to Have the Regatta BackTamrayVIPDined on 8/10/2013Not quite at the level of the "old" Regatta. Food nicely prepared but flavors not at gourmet level. Prices have increased. Still a great setting but, goodness--scratchy pop rock music blaring out of the speakers? Definitely will do a return trip.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was slow and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/10/2013Service was slow and food was only luke warm. Prices of some entrees were $46.00. That is ridiculous. We had noted that we were celebrating a birthday. We even ordered a dessert. Nothing was ever acknowledged. We will not return.
- I have been three times sinceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2013I have been three times since the Regatta reopened and every dinner has been fabulous. All dining areas have been redecorated in sophisticated taupes and black and thankfully the green paneled bar area remains the same. I'm SO glad the Regatta is back and based on last Friday , business is booming. Also, they have brought back the tavern menu available Sunday- Thursday.Special Features:
- Lovely DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2013Girls Night Out, dinner before the theater. Lovely restaurant, fantastic food, perfect start to the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great chefOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2013The food and its' presentation was very nice. I would like to rate this restaurant a 5, but can only stretch to a 4 because of the decor and sound level. When it was redecorated, the tablecloths should have remained. For a restaurant which strives to be elegant with prices to match, bare tables shouldn't be an option. Drapes would help absorb sound as well as create elegance. Fortunately, the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's been better in the pastOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/31/2013The Regatta is a Cape standby that has recently undergone an ownership change. Historically, the level of service and quality of food has always been uneven, particularly in the summer. This visit was no exception. The food quality was mediocre and the service challenged even though they were not very busy on a Wednesday night. The (presumably) owner / manager did try to augment our service later in the meal as she realized our server was falling behind.
- We were pleasantly surprised.elegance2niteDined on 7/27/2013We were pleasantly surprised. Since we were regular Regatta goers, having patronizing this restaurant through the past three owners, we were wondering if Regatta would maintain its unique dishes and ambiance. You did it. Now we have a place to go when we wish to take our guests to a very special place.Special Features:
- foodculinaryinstitute55Dined on 7/27/2013Food was very good but the main entree plate should of been hotter. Plate might of been sitting to long or serving plate was not pre-warmed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neveragainanniversarydinerDined on 7/26/2013Food was poorly prepared. In fact, my appetizer soup had to be returned. We waited 20 minutes for the appetizer, then had to wait twenty minutes again for an appetizer I still could not eat. The main course was not properly seasoned and the fish was overcooked. In other words this was not a good experience.
- New owners have it rightcapecodwashashoreDined on 7/24/2013Food was very good. Service was just fine. Only problem is that the rooms are small and the noise level was high. Prices are high but then the quaiity was very good. Will be back.Special Features:
- A restaurant you'll return to oftenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/23/2013More than a neighborhood gem, Regatta is well worth driving a distance for. The food is delicious in a fresh, unfussy way. Sauces compliment the dish without overpowering it. The staff provided friendly, invisible service. There when you wanted them but never intrusive. The noise level wasn't a problem this particular evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunate Power OutageGranTurismoVIPDined on 7/20/2013New owner and new chef. Pretty good start, I think, for a classic fine food location. Unfortunately, power was lost in the kitchen and a couple of our dinners were affected. The kitchen did not recover well and we simply shared some food for the diner who was not served (even eventually, nothing came). So we received an apology and the dinner cost deducted. Food was good, portions very appropriate and Presentation was excellent. Service OK but a poor recovery of an unfortunate power situation.Special Features:
- SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2013I have visited the Regatta of Cotuit since the early 90's. Regardless what ownership/management they have had, I have found the experience always special and is one of my favorite places to eat in the US.Special Features:
- Fine Sunday DinnernightoutDined on 7/14/2013Last minute decision to try the new Regatta. Service was very attentive and food was good. Wouldn't say it was an overall outstanding dinner but food and service were good and met our needs.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was very slow.No breadOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2013Service was very slow.No bread on table until we asked for it. Waiter disappeared for long period of time. Food came out warm, not hot. Will give it a second chance at some point. Had rack of lamb but for $46 was really excessive. I live in Boston and even there I never paid that much!
- Food was great but expensiveDebsDined on 7/13/2013Prices were a little over the top for a cape restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.