3481 18th Street
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.regalitosf.com/
- Phone: (415) 503-0650
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Thomas Pena
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Valencia Street
- Public Transit: SF MUNI lines #22, 33, 14, 49, & 26; BART stations at 16th & Mission and 24th & Mission are all within walking distance.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There are also two public parking garages located at 42 Hoff St and 3255 21st Street.
A word from Regalito Rosticeria
Regalito is a small Mexican restaurant committed to bringing the "market foods" of Mexico to San Francisco. The dining experience is immediate, the food is fresh, the preparation visible, and the service friendly. The idea for the restaurant was born during a meal at a Mexico City market stall; three women cooked from a small menu for a dozen customers sitting on benches surrounding the makeshift kitchen. No steam tables, minimal separation between cook and diner – instant community. Regalito has been designed to encourage community between the kitchen and our guests. The kitchen is completely open, separated by a simple wooden diner counter. Regalito offers free-range rotisserie chicken and Niman Ranch meats for eat-in and take-out orders. We are committed to using organic, local, and sustainable foods whenever possible. Regalito is the best place in San Francisco to eat authentic, hand made Mexican food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Regalito Rosticeria - Best Restaurants in Mission ›
Regalito Rosticeria reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (28)fit for foodies (15)great for outdoor dining (15)good for groups (15)special occasion (10)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (5)romantic (5)hot spot (5)great for lunch (4)late-night find (4)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- CristinaDined on 11/12/2014Delicious food, taquitos de papa were yummy, Cochinita Pibil was perfect. The only was bad was were the drinks. I'm okay with a beer & wine only place. However $30 for carafe of Sangria is too much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great food and serviceJBayDined on 11/9/2014Service is always GREAT. Food is always TASTY! The guacamole is SUPER! They have a menu of Mexican favorites and some inventive dishes all done with good quality. I like the patio for brunch dining and warm nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An all-time favoritestitchdaddy1Dined on 11/2/2014This place has always been one of my favorite places for a step up from taqueria. The food is great and the staff is welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/25/2014All the food all has a homemade feel with high quality ingredients. It also was healthy and not overdone. They also have a nice little patio room in the back that we would like to use for a dinner party sometime. check it out...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh MexicanDBA1VIPDined on 10/22/2014I've wanted to try this restaurant for a long time. I'm glad I finally did. Their food is fresh and delicious. We started with a very good guacamole that was served with crispy tortillas. I enjoyed breaking them up into smaller chips. My dining companion had the pork belly appetizer with pickled vegetables and loved it. I had the enchiladas verdes. The salsa verde was one of the best I've had. There will definitely be a return visit.Special Features:
- Delicious Mexican FareXochiDined on 10/8/2014I've had dinner several times over the past few years, and it is always delicious and flavorful and made with fresh ingredients. We were a party of four and had a great time. The only downside was that there was only one waiter, so the service did lag here and there, but he was very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful.Special Features:
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014Small quantities but excellent quality. Will go back.Special Features:
- Save room for dessert!DiBoDined on 9/17/2014If you don't eat all the delicious guacamole first thing, or the entire amazing pork shoulder and beans, get the chocolate and churros. Amazing!Special Features:
- not to misschiacchierareDined on 9/7/2014Just off crowded Valencia Street, this is a gem of a spot: calm ambiance, beautiful garden that welcomes outdoor dining or to be admired from just inside. Attentive service and tasty, nicely seasoned dishes. Great seafood tacos. I'm going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh & Organic Fiesta!dvnoneVIPDined on 9/6/2014The duck mole was amazing. It was tender and had a nice balance of flavor. The churrors were the BEST that I have ever had. They were made fresh and were super crunchy on the outside and almost creamy on the inside. Our waiter was super friendly and it was fun sitting at the communal table.Special Features:
- Love Regalito!ContessaDined on 8/17/2014Can't say anymore than that…I love Regalito! Wonderful fresh food prepared just right. Brought out-of-towners in the food know and they LOVED it, too! We sat out back for some alfresco dining and felt we were around our table at home. Doesn't get any better. First time at Regalito for brunch…will not be my last!Special Features:
- Great find!mgs2Dined on 8/15/2014Great Mexican food; not a taqueria. Lots of roasted pig, they roast a whole pig once a month or so ... Yum!Special Features:
- Nice upscale Mexican restaurantBethDined on 8/9/2014Excellent, friendly, professional service. Very accommodating! Salsa, carnitas, chirros A+, enchalattas C according to my husband and daughter. Too bland. Overall nice experience.Special Features:
- Quiet neighborhood findbvh1223Dined on 8/4/2014Regalito Rosticeria has been around for a few years, but it seems to fly under the radar. I've been there 5 or 6 times, both to pick up roast chicken to carry out and to dine in. Each time the food has been delicious and the service warm and friendly. I recommend the roast chicken (which they seem to always have), the carnitas, the Cochinita Pibil (if they are serving it) or the ribs. All have been delicious. We tend to dine early, and they are never crowded. There's a lovely patio in the back with a single table for larger parties or to sit communally with others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- usually the service is betterDiBoDined on 7/28/2014I guess every once in awhile a restaurant or server has an off-day because I usually have a great experience at Regalito. I wil be back though because I love their guacamole and sangria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 354 reviews are from the Regalito Rosticeria reviews archive.
- Very TastyPaulvdwVIPDined on 7/25/2014We had the guacamole and fish tacos. The portions for both were generous and we left feeling full. The servers seemed overwhelmed though, which resulted in less than stellar service. At least one more server would have been in order.Special Features:
- Excellent foodPSPtoSFOVIPDined on 7/18/2014We were both pleasantly surprised at how tasty our meals were. The enchiladas and fish tacos were delicious. Service was attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as last time...maANDpaDined on 7/17/2014We've been to Regalito a few times before and loved it, so I was excited to see a groupon for dinner there. Alas, the food this time was sub-par. The guacamole is excellent--but it seemed like a smaller portion than previously. The dessert, churros and Mex. hot choc., were outstanding, but the main courses missed the mark. I had enchiladas and aside from the overly tangy verde sauce, they had no flavor. The inside was just seasonless chicken. The rice and beans that came with it also both were totally bland. This dish needs a serious flavor-overhaul. My partner had the chile verde which was, similarly, a one-note dish. Neither tasted bad, but they didn't taste good either. On the up side, the food here tastes very fresh.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014There were 8 of us seated at the large table "outside" --not really outside because of the sturdy canvas enclosure and heat lamps. Not too loud for our group --just the music wafting our way from the inside. Small menu. Guac was great. Chicken salsa verde encheladas and fish tacos had potential but lacked flavor. I wanted to love the food, but I didn't --salt and salsa helped, but.... Others loved their food --the vegetarians loved the taquitos. We had a surprisingly good Malbec and sparkling California white. The churros y chocolate were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love RegalitoworldtravelerDined on 7/12/2014I always take friends to Regalito when they visit San Francisco. The food is tasty -- the best Mexican -- fresh ingredients, quality meat, tasty seasonings. Great choices for vegetarians and carnivores. Generous, friendly staff. Artistic ambiance. The patio positively glows: outdoors, yet protected and warm. My most recent visit with a friend from Australia and her sister from London was wonderful as always. They loved it. You can't go wrong if you like authentic Mexican. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative flavors in every bite!DRE1071Dined on 7/9/2014I've been to Regalito twice now and each time we've been treated to a friendly and attentive staff. My wine and water were never empty, huge points in my book. The food is delicious and the portions were perfect. The only thing I would change would be to add a couple appetizers or sides to accompany your meal. Otherwise, this is a great meal in a great space. I'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/8/2014$20 for a plate of tasteless rotisserie chicken which was not tender enough. Tortillas were tough. Taquitos were tough. Food didn't taste fresh and worst Mexican food I've had given the higher prices. Better to go to other good-value taquerias. Went on a Tuesday - not sure if that's part of the reason. Used to be good years ago.
- PIG!mgs2Dined on 7/6/2014I have been going to and enjoying Regalito Rosticeria for several years. It is a Mexican restaurant that is not a taqueria. Guacamole is made to order and is outstanding; served with habanero salsa. Mains are all delicious. But they had roast a whole pig for the fourth and that was a treat! A taste of each of the cuts along with a big salad, home made tacos, rice, & beans. Yum! They are going to do the pig thing more frequently because it was so popular. Look for it!Special Features:
- Complex High End Mexican StandoutSFFoodieFunVIPDined on 6/26/2014Nice change to have a high end mexican restaurant with fairly reasonable prices in the midst of the good to bad casual Mexican places in the Mission. Nice, intimate decor with great semi-outdoor patio large enough for a few tables or one party of 8-ish.Special Features:
- losancianosDined on 6/21/2014Delicious authentic Mexican cooking. Very friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and PriceyBirdcallsVIPDined on 6/21/2014This is a clean no frills restaurant. The service is attentive and friendly. The food is exceptional - very fresh with balanced distinctive flavors - a definite cut above the myriad other Mexican restaurants in the Mission. Only two real criticisms: 1. No liquor licence - hence no margaritas and 2. A bit too expensive, even for a good meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food and serviceDavidlovesfood2VIPDined on 6/12/2014Regalito has been one of our favorites since it opened. We try to go there at least every few weeks. Homemade tortillas, guacomole, salsa. Sauces are fantastic. Rotisserie chicken melts in your mouth. I love the chili colorado and their rice. But don't leave without having the Tres Leche Cake with strawberries. I could probably devour the entire cake if given the chance.Special Features:
- Fresh delicious foodJackiVIPDined on 6/10/2014We had dinner here a few nights ago. We opted to sit at the long communal table outdoors. There were heat lamps, so it wasn't cold. We looked out over a beautiful Zen garden. The food was delicious, from the starter of taquitos to our mains of enchiladas mole, and ribs, to the end with our dessert of tres leche strawberry cake. Don't miss the house salsa, it has a wonderful kick to it! We ordered a bottle of wine and took our time enjoying our meal. Service was excellent. I can highly recommend Regalito Rosticeria for a fresh, delicious meal.Special Features:
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/2/2014This is my second time there..... both times on a coupon of some sort. First time.. I initiated the trip and this time it was a friend. Both times I found the food to be mediocre and overpriced. The dessert (churros dipped in a cup of instant cocoa) was blah.Special Features:
- love love loved it!L2LimonataDined on 5/18/2014It was so nice to have a slightly upscale Mexican restaurant in the Mission, with authentic ambiance and food! Thank you!Special Features:
- Fresh prepared foodJbsfVIPDined on 5/14/2014Guacamole was great, menu changes frequently. Nice spaceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, service subparOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 5/13/2014Food was good, but service was far from stellar. Server seemed to be a bit overwhelmed...I think he was the only one for whole restaurant and there was a very large party on back terrace. He infrequently came by our table... took forever take orders, check on drinks if needed... brought out our check at end of evening without asking/offering us dessert menu. I've definitely had better experiences here before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular chilaquilesislanderDined on 4/23/2014Lovely dinner with friends and family. Had chilaquiles and a sweet white wine, and churros with hot chocolate after. Memorable, and I'll be back for my third visit soon enough!Special Features:
- nice 2nd time rounddannyDined on 4/16/2014Quiet.. good service. Limited menu... very diffrrent experience... not the ususl gajitas etc....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening!NeneDined on 4/10/2014The food was delicious! The service was on point! Must try the chorro's and hot chocolate! Freaken yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An unfortunate disappointmentMLiboVIPDined on 3/29/2014Food was awful. Hope it was an off night but, it did happen to be the worst Carne Asada dish I've ever had. Was the most expensive bad meal I've had.
- 2nd timeOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/26/2014Roast chicken dish and accompaniments were good but they should take the ribs off the menu. Waiter warned they were dry but I don't mind dry, but tasty. Like the decor & the wait staff was excellent.Special Features:
- Bring back the cochinita pibil!carpaccioVIPDined on 3/21/2014Not sure if the menu is seasonal, but whatever happened to the cochinita pibil and the mole chicken? We had a serviceable pork shoulder dish and a mediocre pork ribs dish on our last visit. The ribs were dry and tough and didn't have a lot of flavor. They used to have an excellent cochinita pibil; would still recommend for brunch and dessert, but their dinner seems lacking.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Keep Coming Back For MoreDavidlovesfood2VIPDined on 3/12/2014We've been avid fans of Regalito Rosticeria since they opened. The food and service have never wavered. Just about anyway they serve pork you can be assured the end result is fantastic. There also a spit roast chicken that is always juicy and flavorful. They make their own corn tortillas that are delicious, homemade guacomole and salsa. Their deserts are also quite good. They do homemade churros with hot mexican cocoa as well as a white layer cake with strawberries which we can't get enough of. Not to forget the service which is outstanding. Their staff goes out of its way to make you feel welcome. Overall if you want some authentic Mexican food, then this is the place to go. Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/11/2014For the price, I would not say this is a good value (I even had a coupon). The entrées come in small portions. The desserts were odd: an undercooked churro with hot chocolate that was lukewarm; a guava with seeds that could break your teeth; and a tres-leche cake with strawberries that tasted like onion (don't use your salsa knife on dessert). The plastic chairs, the painted chipped walls, and the tight table in the corner by the serving station made for less than comfortable ambiance. But the service was great and the people were super friendly.