272 Oakbrook Center
Oak Brook, IL 60523Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.reel-club.com/
- Phone: 6303689400x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Sat: 11:15am - 3:00pm; Sunday: 11:00am-2:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Mychael Bonner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our professional party planners will make sure your event is one to remember. From the room to the food, the service to the celebration, we'll create the experience that's right for you and your guests. Join us for lunch or dinner. Tell us about an upcoming event by filling out our party inquiry form at http://www.reel-club.com/private-parties .
- Private Party Facilities: Reel Club can provide private event spaces for 10-250 people, ask to speak to our special events team for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Stephanie McCarthy firstname.lastname@example.org 6303689400x
- Entertainment: Join Reel Club's Supper Club. Everyday 3:00 pm - 5:30 pm. Enjoy a three course dinner for just $17.95, including a choice from one of Reel Club's popular starters such as new england clam chowder, caesar salad, seafood gumbo, or even half order of hand rolled sushi. Choose from several enticing entrées such as cedar planked whitefish, broiled norwegian salmon, grilled skirt steak, roasted amish chicken, or linguini with lobster, crab, and shrimp. Top off your tasty dinner with decadent dessert bite. Reel Club's Supper Club is fast becoming the way to dine well for less.
A word from Reel Club
Reel Club is located on the east side of Oak Brook Center. Reel Club features a broad array of fresh fish, Alaskan king crab, hand rolled sushi, Live Maine Lobsters, prime steaks, signature salads and a new twist on ice cream desserts. Complementing the fare is an extensive beverage menu, cocktails are blended from premium house infused liquors, fresh fruits and herbs, while the superb wine cellar is well stocked with a rotating list from around the globe. The restaurant has a contemporary feel that is warm and inviting. Reel Club is a Lettuce Entertain You RestaurantContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Reel Club - Best Restaurants in Oak Brook ›
Reel Club reviews from OpenTable diners
373 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (154)fit for foodies (133)good for groups (85)great for lunch (82)romantic (69)neighborhood gem (64)great for brunch (55)great for outdoor dining (38)vibrant bar scene (38)notable wine list (33)kid-friendly (28)hot spot (28)late-night find (19)scenic view (3)Show More
- poor servicegoodDined on 10/18/2014This was the worst service we ever had here. The food took forever and took a long time for service. Was not happy with our last visit at all!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusieDined on 10/18/2014We arrived on time for our reservation, but waited over 30 minutes to be seated. At first, we were disappointed on having to wait so long, the hostess said 15 minutes behind on reservations, but it was really over 30 -- but the quality of food, and our waitress, was very good to excellent. We were not in a hurry, so that was good. I was wondering how long a wait, without a reservation. Not sure on that one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMichaelDined on 10/18/2014Took my Mother and Wife out for Sweetest day. 15 minute wait past reservation so not bad. Not much room to wait. Decor is very nice, and service was good. Food was disappointing. Had some parmesan scallops for appetizer, which were smothered in greasy, fried cheese, tasted OK but very greasy. California roll was good, but tasted like made with smoked salmon rather than crab. Entre was grouper for me. Overcooked and not very tasty. My mother had parmesean tilapia which was pretty bad. I'd say OK for a business event if you don't care about food quality too much but the place is very well decorated and nice ambience.Special Features:
- Still one of our favoritesJustDVIPDined on 10/18/2014This is still one of our favorites. Love the seafood. But the rest of the food is also good.Special Features:
- ServiceIcehouse55Dined on 10/18/2014Maria was our server and she was great! She was very friendly, making us feel like we've known her for years. She suggested sushi roll for us to try. She made our time spent having dinner a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer Service Not RequiredAddisonGreekVIPDined on 10/18/2014Food is very good. Service not so good. Hostess was rude and waitress was in a rush.
- Reel Club really wonderful!ODYSSEYCEBDined on 10/17/2014Great food, service and atmosphere no matter the occasion. Ask for Kevin he is the best waiter we ever had there!Special Features:
- WaitstaffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Maria was absolutely fabulous! Recommended dishes that were delicious. Love the Chilean Sea Bass and Lobster Mac & Cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but....WorldDinerVIPDined on 10/11/2014I have been coming to Reel Club for years, because the food is great, and the ambiance is nice. However, the service from the staff is extremely inconsistent. I have had some great waiters, and some absolutely horrible ones. A restaurant of this caliber and in this price range should be consistently good. They also seem to be somewhat short staffed during busy times (like the weekend), which may contribute to the poor service. I brought a guest from out of town here this last time. I had a 7:15pm reservation and wasn't seated untiil 7:45pm (what's the point of a reservation?), and the waiter was so spacey. I saw him only once after the food was served--never asked us refills on drinks or anything. Didn't even offer dessert until we asked.
- Great experienceMrMedinaDined on 10/10/2014Made reservations and they accommodated my request for specific seating. The waitress was friendly and checked in on a regular. Food was outstanding. Mt wife and I would definitely return for a third time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentladdyDined on 10/10/2014the service was wonderful, our waiter was top notch. They were very accommodating when it came to a small change on the menu. I would definitely go back. The food was wonderful.Special Features:
- ExcellentSteveDined on 10/9/2014Have been enjoying your foods for sometime. I always highly recommended your restaurant. Have invited many friends and they enjoy the experience. We will see you soon!Special Features:
- JeffVIPDined on 10/9/2014We have dined at Reel Club often and the last two times we were disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineVIPDined on 10/6/2014I had the supper club menu and for 17.95 I thought it was a great deal. I had the filet medallions and the half order of the CA sushi roll and the mini dessert. The meal was an excellent value and I will return. I also would like to mention the restaurant offered triple points in the leye.com fdp so that was an added plus.Special Features:
- Not up to LEYE StandardsfrequentdinerVIPDined on 10/6/2014Service didn't know much about menu items, had to "ask"someone. Rarely visited our table after food delivered. Entree appeared while we were still enjoying appetizers. Food quality is poor. Appetizer of scallops served in cast iron rather than shells - too buttery and hot to enjoy; better fish dishes are served at steak joints than Reel Club.
- Mixed reviewsGmvsKVIPDined on 10/5/2014Two of us went for dinner last Sunday, just 2 entrees and 2 desserts, we were seated (sandwiched) in the "party room" with boisterous guests totaling 18 people at two different tables. The noise level went beyond a jumbo jet, it took about 20 minutes to realize it wasn't going to get any better and we asked for a different table. We were seated in another room, blessedly quiet with the same waitress -- who was a gem -- but 2-1/2 hours dragged by from our arrival to departure. I am not sure what went wrong in the kitchen, as the food was delicious, but 2-1/2 hours for a simple meal is too much time to waste. If you have the time and patience, the food is worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- social1VIPDined on 10/5/2014The food is outstanding, and the cheese popovers are the BEST!Special Features:
- Regular customer but disappointedDaveKVIPDined on 10/4/2014Usually great food - that's why we frequent the place. Last Saturday was busy - Chef and the Kitchen did not pay attention to the quality of food - which is why we come to this place - drive 30 miles to get here too!! Service as usual was great - in spite of the big crowd We were given a very small portion for Cedar plank white fish ($2 piece of fish cost us $23) and tilapia was just average. Our favorite bread they serve was old and has been sitting for while - no taste. The desert was supposed to be Chef's special Hazelnut nutella Cake - it was just a dark chocolate cake with no Nutella or hazelnut. A big disappointment overall but we have liked this place as one of the finest before. The real Chef may be on vacationSpecial Features:
- Family FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014I have eaten at the Reel Club several times and it is one of my family's favorite restaurants. It is a great place to bring the kids but also nice enough that you can have a "date night" with your partner. I would only change one thing about the menu. I would prefer a normal French fry for the kids instead of the crunchy potatoes they call fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twice as NiceThelovenestDined on 10/4/2014I have dined in the restaurant twice in the last two weeks. First as a Birthday celebration then "I" chose it to hang out with other friends. Each time the food has been outstanding and the service "TOP SHELF." iT HAS CERTAINLY BECOME ONE OF MY FAVORITE FOODIES. MAKING MY RESERVATION WAS EASY. THANK YOU,Special Features:
- Couples date nightBirthdayDined on 10/3/2014We were here on a Friday night with another couple and it was our first time. It was a great experience from the service to the food quality and portion size, just a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday feastSnowshewDined on 10/3/2014Dinner rolls were delicious and a fun treat. Calamari was tender and served on a tomato based sauce that was good. All 3 of us had the Trio. Steak was good, tender and flavorful, shrimp was fantastic and salmon, while tasty was not hot. Coffee came cold. Busboy brought new coffee piping hot. Waiter got the job done but was not terribly engaged. Dessert was a fresh baked brownie with ice cream. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014This restaurant was dirty. Server was terrible. Food was mediocre. I use LEY for most of my work functions, and this experience was huge disappointment.Special Features:
- Always something specialTrueFanVIPDined on 9/29/2014I have been to the Reel Club many times and it was always been wonderful! I attended one of their special dining events and I will be attending others! Loved the food and had a great time with the others at my table. Thank you for a really great evening!Special Features:
- Nice place to take guestsredandyellowDined on 9/28/2014Have eaten there several times before. The others in our pary had great food but fish was overcooked and dry. Not good for a seafood restaurant. We felt rushed even though the restaurant was not crowded. We were asked if we wanted dessert but when we said no, the server walked away before we could place an order for coffee. Hence the three stars for food and service.
- dianeVIPDined on 9/27/2014I had a bit of a problem with my entree but the restaurant was so very accommodating to provide another which was great (trout with pecans and green beans) that the hiccup did not in any way put a damper on the evening. We have been to Reel Club previously and always enjoyed the fish and we will be back, but not for the tuna.
- 5-STAR RestaurantLens40Dined on 9/27/2014As always the service and quality was outstanding. A 5-STAR restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GaryVIPDined on 9/27/2014Food and service were excellent. I feel like a welcome friend when I come to eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GailODined on 9/26/2014The reservation was for 1pm. The room was not crowded. Our table was across from the service station. My guest was seated prior to my arrival or I would not have accepted the table. Why would you put a group at a noisy spot when the room had plenty of availability. It should be the last table seated. The hostess should certainly know better.Special Features:
- Never disappointedSheaVIPDined on 9/25/2014I come to Reel Club a lot. Brunches, Lunches and dinners. There are a few dishes I get consistently because I love them... Like the Ultimate Seafood Cobb salad at lunch. This time I tried the tapioca crusted whitefish. I had not seen that before on the menu and it did not disappoint. The portions are huge the food is fresh and the service is excellent. What's not to love? And if you are not eating the cheese puffs they bring to you with the meal, then you are missing out on an amazing delicious treat.Special Features:
- The bestDerfVIPDined on 9/22/2014If you want great seafood and service, the Reel Club is your place.Special Features:
- Happy Birthday to Me!0921Dined on 9/21/2014The restaurant was recommended to me by a friend as a possible place to celebrate my birthday dinner. I was delighted with the service and food! Can't wait to return for the brunch, I hear that's wonderful as well. The sushi was extremely fresh and yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my first experience @ The Reel ClubMzChewz1Dined on 9/21/2014I was celebrating my birthday, truly enjoyed my dinner and service. Well definitely be back :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood Lovers' Brunch SpotPJJJDined on 9/21/2014Brunch places are a dime a dozen, but if you love seafood, this is the place. Great seafood selection. Not too often you see oysters and crab legs on a brunch buffet. My daughter and her friend raved about the sushi. A good selection of non-seafood items, too. Not surprisingly, it is a bit pricey. ($39.95) But it does come with all you can drink Mimosas! And parking at this Oak Brook location is usually problematical, unless you spring for the valet parking. I'm sure we'll be back.Special Features:
- Early menuDebbiVIPDined on 9/20/2014We took advantage of the before 5:30 pm menu. It is an outstanding value at $17.95! We will be back I'm sure.Special Features:
- Close quarters, but worth it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Close seating and not a lot of room between tables. Food was exceptionally delicious that far outweighed the close seating factor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okay this timekittyVIPDined on 9/16/2014The potato leek soup was fantastic. And so was the bite of chocolate mousse. So glad they added the chocolate mousse to the dessert menu, excellent. Did not care much for the chop salad, my caesar was just okay. Not sure how clean the place mats are, which makes me nervous.
- Will be gone soonNicknameVIPDined on 9/15/2014No reason Lettuce Entertain You will continue this concept. Poorly laid out and the whole concept is confused from decor to service. Food is good quality done with no style or passion. Just convert to Shaws and do it right. Drink service is so slow you might as well make it a BYOB.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014Service was awful food good.. for a lettuce entertain you restaurant a big disappointment. Chose somewhere else
- Great food, Service OkOkayVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had to wait 15 minutes for our reservation. Why take our phone number when you don't use it? Our food was excellent (oysters, clam chowder, sea bass). Our waiter was very by the book. No real opinions, stock answers to every question. We had a 7:45 reservation, sat down at 8 and waited until 8:20 before we ordered drinks. We asked for a minute to look to look at menu and he came back 20 minutes later. He was also wrong when we asked what someone from another table ordered. We ordered based on what he said and it came out completely different. Disappointing. Felt like he was pushing special.