272 Oakbrook Center
Oak Brook, IL 60523Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.reel-club.com/
- Phone: 6303689400x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Sat: 11:15am - 3:00pm; Sunday: 11:00am-2:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Mychael Bonner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our professional party planners will make sure your event is one to remember. From the room to the food, the service to the celebration, we'll create the experience that's right for you and your guests. Join us for lunch or dinner. Tell us about an upcoming event by filling out our party inquiry form at http://www.reel-club.com/private-parties .
- Private Party Facilities: Reel Club can provide private event spaces for 10-250 people, ask to speak to our special events team for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Stephanie McCarthy firstname.lastname@example.org 6303689400x
- Entertainment: Join Reel Club's Supper Club. Everyday 3:00 pm - 5:30 pm. Enjoy a three course dinner for just $17.95, including a choice from one of Reel Club's popular starters such as new england clam chowder, caesar salad, seafood gumbo, or even half order of hand rolled sushi. Choose from several enticing entrées such as cedar planked whitefish, broiled norwegian salmon, grilled skirt steak, roasted amish chicken, or linguini with lobster, crab, and shrimp. Top off your tasty dinner with decadent dessert bite. Reel Club's Supper Club is fast becoming the way to dine well for less.
A word from Reel Club
Reel Club is located on the east side of Oak Brook Center. Reel Club features a broad array of fresh fish, Alaskan king crab, hand rolled sushi, Live Maine Lobsters, prime steaks, signature salads and a new twist on ice cream desserts. Complementing the fare is an extensive beverage menu, cocktails are blended from premium house infused liquors, fresh fruits and herbs, while the superb wine cellar is well stocked with a rotating list from around the globe. The restaurant has a contemporary feel that is warm and inviting. Reel Club is a Lettuce Entertain You RestaurantContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Reel Club - Best Restaurants in Oak Brook ›
Reel Club reviews from OpenTable diners
387 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (160)fit for foodies (135)great for lunch (88)good for groups (86)romantic (80)neighborhood gem (63)great for brunch (50)great for outdoor dining (39)notable wine list (32)hot spot (30)vibrant bar scene (29)kid-friendly (27)late-night find (24)scenic view (2)Show More
- Just okay this timekittyVIPDined on 9/16/2014The potato leek soup was fantastic. And so was the bite of chocolate mousse. So glad they added the chocolate mousse to the dessert menu, excellent. Did not care much for the chop salad, my caesar was just okay. Not sure how clean the place mats are, which makes me nervous.
- Will be gone soonNicknameVIPDined on 9/15/2014No reason Lettuce Entertain You will continue this concept. Poorly laid out and the whole concept is confused from decor to service. Food is good quality done with no style or passion. Just convert to Shaws and do it right. Drink service is so slow you might as well make it a BYOB.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014Service was awful food good.. for a lettuce entertain you restaurant a big disappointment. Chose somewhere else
- Great food, Service OkOkayVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had to wait 15 minutes for our reservation. Why take our phone number when you don't use it? Our food was excellent (oysters, clam chowder, sea bass). Our waiter was very by the book. No real opinions, stock answers to every question. We had a 7:45 reservation, sat down at 8 and waited until 8:20 before we ordered drinks. We asked for a minute to look to look at menu and he came back 20 minutes later. He was also wrong when we asked what someone from another table ordered. We ordered based on what he said and it came out completely different. Disappointing. Felt like he was pushing special.
- too priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Far too expensive for the portion sizes you receive.
- Seafood LoversBadTimmy52Dined on 9/13/2014It was our 34th anniversary, went on a limb and took a chance on the Chilean Sea Bass. It was good same texture as scallops just a tad on the oily side. For a first time I'll rate as a good catch. Cole slaw "Outstanding" as well as the Blue Point Oysters !! Topped off the meal with a Moscow Mule beverage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent seafood.MomOf2TeensDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed our experience - the meal and the service. The waiter's recommendations were very helpful as it was our first time dining there. We'll be back! The Caesar salad was excellent, and the chowder was good. The wahoo special was spiced just right, and my husband really enjoyed the Brussels sprouts he ordered on the side. The sesame/almond-crusted tilapia was simpler, but still very good. And the salted caramel sauce elevated what was already a decadent dark chocolate brownie - plenty big enough to split. Bill was very reasonable for the quality of the meal and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good seafood placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/12/2014Menu and food were good. Service was exceptional. Prices a bit on high side.Special Features:
- Real good time at the Reel ClubMmEvansDined on 9/11/2014We went to The Reel Club for my husband's birthday. We both love the Cruncy Munchy Shrimp for a starter. The entrees were wonderful as was the creme brûlée for dessert. The waiter was so- so. He was very disconnected from us, like we were somewhat of a bother to him.Special Features:
- WAY exceeded my expectations!ItalianbyNatureVIPDined on 9/11/2014You pretty much know what you are going to get with a LEYE restaurant. Pretty good food, pretty nice decor, pretty decent service. This was our first visit to Reel Club and it WAY exceeded our expectations. The food was very very good which is not easy to do when the menu is predominantly fish and seafood. Both our entrees were excellent. (I had the wahoo special - a great choice.) But I really have to recommend the crispy pork belly on the appetizer menu - they need to serve an entree sized portion of this - it was fantastic. Restaurant was surprisingly crowded for a Thursday night. Glad I made a reservation.Special Features:
- GaryVIPDined on 9/9/2014As usual we got excellent for and service. I recommend this restaurant highly for seafood. Love their lobsters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very slow start, got much betterMmmmmVIPDined on 9/6/2014Our 7:00 reservation for 2 was seated at 7:18. The hostess called me my by 1st name when the table was ready, a little too informal for me, use my last name. They brought these sublime popovers to the table..yum. We ordered gumbo and entrees. It took awhile for the gumbo to come, room temperature and bland. Thought we'd be eating a lot of popovers. Wrong, the entrees finally came and were delicious. Served hot, tasty, and accurate. Very big improvement. Our waitress was very attentive and helpful. Her dessert recommendation was perfect. Be prepared to wait for your table, your food and be treated poorly at the hostess stand, but once you get your food, it's exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014The food here is excellent, would definitely come back for dinner. Only complaint is that we made reservation for our anniversary, and specifically noted as such. The hostess even told us happy anniversary when we checked in. Then they sat us in the bar at quite possibly the worst table in the restaurant, our table was right next to a large post, and that is what i sat up against. Also, I had to flag down a bus boy well after 10 mins to get a server. Our server was excellent, it wasn't her table but she excellent took care of us and gave us a free round and dessert. Again, food was excellent and we will come back, but this is 2nd time a Lettuce Entertain place has stuck us in bar after using Open Table to book, so beware.
- patesDined on 9/6/2014We had a reservation but still waited almost 30 minutes for our table, a too often used ploy to get you to spend at the bar (a pet peeve of mine). Our table was in the bar area which had been empty while we were waiting and we were not given an option whether we wanted a table by the bar. Aside from that, the food was very good but the service was a little slow. We waited about 15 minutes for our initial drink order. I will go to the Reel Club again because the food is so good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First impressionsLive2EatDined on 9/6/2014My party of 4 have never ate here so it was a new experience for us and we were not disappointed. Especially my wife who is not a fish person, there was plenty of food for her to choose from. Definitely recommend the sushi sampler for your party of 4 for starters. Parmesan encrusted sea scallops were incredible! Will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50yrsDinningDined on 9/5/2014Table was ready within 5 minutes of reservation, Waiter was knowledgeable of menu and specials. Gumbo was very good but not to die for, Roasted Scallops were fresh, nicely prepared with an excellent presentation. Overall nice experience but didn't compete with Gibson or Tuscany on the Oak Brook dinning scene as far as melt in your mouth WOW factor.
- MUST TRY!!LovinLifeDined on 9/5/2014It was our first visit to Reel Club, Oak Brook & were celebrating our anniversary. We had reservations, but still waited 20 minutes to be seated. Our server was new, slow to the start but redeemed himself. The food was excellent. Would definitely return back. Saw great early bird dining offer which looked great. A great place to stop for a drink & appetizers as well. Would recommend this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood!enjoys2eatoutDined on 9/5/2014Great service and food! The best place if you're looking for sushi or a fantastic selection of seafood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love itdinerDined on 9/5/2014great drinks in the bar. like the happy hour menuSpecial Features:
- Over poured the wineJohnDined on 9/4/2014The food is okay, not great, unfortunately the wine service is not up to par with the wine list prices. Our server over poured and the glasses where much too small for the $80 Zin we ordered. I asked if there were larger glasses available, and was simply told "no". I wouldn't recommend ordering a bottle there. Food is okay, but not great.
- EyesDined on 9/4/2014Never,never have I had a poor meal here. Keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good seafood!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/3/2014We were again delighted with our meal. The popovers to start are so delicious, seriously diet-busters! I started with a half order of the rainbow sushi - always fresh. Hubby had the shrimp and corn chowder which was very good. He had the crab cakes as a main course along with a side of asparagus risotto, both really good. RC is one of the few places that has a nice crab cake. I had the grilled wild salmon with scallop and corn risotto and a side of green beans. Nothing of mine went home! The wine selection is nice and service was friendly and efficient. We were there on a Wednesday evening and it was a mix of shoppers and business people, not as jammed as on a weekend. We had a relaxing drink at the bar pre-dinner.Special Features:
- Good food. Slow wine service.food4thoughtDined on 9/2/2014We all enjoyed our meals. However, the wine service was deplorable. They have a decent wine list, but there are no vintages. We made the mistake of asking for them on a few different names. Our meals came, and we began eating without a beverage. By the time we found a wine we liked, we were more than half way through our meals. We are not blaming our server. She was trying, but every time we asked her a question regarding a particular bottle, she had to leave our table and go ask someone for the answer. Because our server was catering to other tables, it was taking nearly ten minutes to get back to us with an answer. We skipped the bottle and settled for glasses of wine. The problem is simple. Put the vintages on the wine list.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything Was PerfectScottVIPDined on 9/1/2014Steaks and seafood were wonderful. Perfectly cooked and tender. Even the red potatoes were just done to perfection. Waitstaff was very attentive. Half price bottles of wine too (Mondays).Special Features:
- first timeVacaVIPDined on 8/31/2014was a great place. Cant wait to go back. Thx for anniversary dessert !!!Special Features:
- ExcellenttheatrepeopleDined on 8/30/2014The food and service was excellent. We had reservations for 7:45pm on a Saturday night and they seated us right on time. What more can be said.Special Features:
- Not a fan of fishEmkayDined on 8/30/2014Despite my overall dislike of seafood, I was able to enjoy a very nice dinner with my friends, all seafood lovers. The parmesan-crusted chicken is excellent. Also, a generous side of asparagus was enough for three people.Special Features:
- Tight squeezeKscdavisDined on 8/30/2014Our family of four ate here on a Saturday night. It was very crowded in the bar and around the hostess area. So glad we made a reservation with Open Table. We were seated right away at a table for four. The food was very good, but we were constantly distracted throughout the meal by how close the tables were to others and getting our chairs bumped by other guests and waiters. Probably Y ask for a booth if we return.Special Features:
- Wonderful seafood, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014We really enjoyed the food. Their gluten-free bread rolls were surprisingly delicious! We had Clam Chowder, Rainbow Roll sushi, Salmon with Scallop & Corn Risotto, and Grouper. Amazing food! However, the restaurant wasn't very busy, but our waiter took our appetizer order, then didn't come back until we had finished our soup & sushi for a good 5-10 minutes to take our dinner order. Other than the service, the parking is a pain as there are a bunch of restaurants along the same strip & there are a lot of valet reserved spots that take up much of the front parking. You'll have to park in the garages & walk during peak hours. The bathrooms are very dark & the stalls are crammed. All in all, a great restaurant, we would come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousDebbiVIPDined on 8/30/2014Our food and service were outstanding. Kim was our waitress. She was very knowledgeable and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great fun!ChumeDined on 8/30/2014When I made the reservation I let them know about a food allergy. We didn't have to mention it when we got there. The waitress was all over it. She had a great personality and helped make the evening enjoyable without being intrusive. Thank you for a delicious and enjoyable dinner with friends.Special Features:
- Good food, much improved serviceDGCKDined on 8/29/2014This is our third time at Reel Club and by far the best. Service was great this time - marked improvement over the last 2 times. Server was attentive and was very kind to our 2 kids (age 6 & 9). Food was very good - lots of varieties of seafood & preparations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reel Club Measures UpOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014As usual, the Reel Club met my expectations. The table was ready when we arrived, we had an attentive server and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/28/2014Poor layout and cramped sitting areas has the staff bumping into each other and service is slow. Food very good, however.Special Features:
- GaryVIPDined on 8/28/2014The food and service were great. Always nice when Matt is there. Also enjoyed seeing the chef there too. The restaurant does a very classy job of presenting the food and cooking it properly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed...eateateatDined on 8/26/2014I've eaten at the Reel Club for dinner but my recent lunch was very disappointing. The three of us each had different items and we were all disappointed. The taste, presentation, and quality of the food is not what I experienced for dinner in the past year.
- Business DinnerOnVacationDined on 8/25/2014Everything was great for our business dinner. The customer was impressed with the service and the food. Small communication error on dessert, but, it was handled well. We had fun and enjoyed the night.Special Features:
- MarginalOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/25/2014Too many great choices in Oakbrook to ever go back to Reel...sorry Reel Club
- Keep the Miso soup on the menu!HealthyFoodLoverVIPDined on 8/24/2014My husband and I dined at the Reel Club in Oak Brook on Sunday, August 24. For the first time we tried the Miso soup, a special for the day. It was delicious! I would like for the chef to keep the Miso soup on the regular daily menu. I would order it every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anonDined on 8/23/2014The ambiance has a lot of potential but for two things: 1) the booth tables provide for awkward seating: you're either sitting right next to the other person in your party or way too far across from him or her. 2) it's a little dingy: I couldn't read all of the items on the specials menu because the print was fading. The service was outstanding! When I asked if they could halve the jumbo shrimp appetizer (since I was the only one at the table who liked them), the waitress quickly figured out how to accommodate the request. She even offered that I did not have to get poached shrimp but could request them fried or grilled as well. She was pleasant and helpful. Despite a changed mashed potatoes recipe, the food and drink were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.