272 Oakbrook Center
Oak Brook, IL 60523Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.reel-club.com/
- Phone: (630) 368-9400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Sat: 11:15am - 3:00pm; Sunday: 11:00am-2:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Mychael Bonner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our professional party planners will make sure your event is one to remember. From the room to the food, the service to the celebration, we'll create the experience that's right for you and your guests. Join us for lunch or dinner. Tell us about an upcoming event by filling out our party inquiry form at http://www.reel-club.com/private-parties .
- Private Party Facilities: Reel Club can provide private event spaces for 10-250 people, ask to speak to our special events team for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Stephanie McCarthy firstname.lastname@example.org 6303689400x
- Entertainment: Join Reel Club's Supper Club. Everyday 3:00 pm - 5:30 pm. Enjoy a three course dinner for just $17.95, including a choice from one of Reel Club's popular starters such as new england clam chowder, caesar salad, seafood gumbo, or even half order of hand rolled sushi. Choose from several enticing entrées such as cedar planked whitefish, broiled norwegian salmon, grilled skirt steak, roasted amish chicken, or linguini with lobster, crab, and shrimp. Top off your tasty dinner with decadent dessert bite. Reel Club's Supper Club is fast becoming the way to dine well for less.
A word from Reel Club
Reel Club is located on the east side of Oak Brook Center. Reel Club features a broad array of fresh fish, Alaskan king crab, hand rolled sushi, Live Maine Lobsters, prime steaks, signature salads and a new twist on ice cream desserts. Complementing the fare is an extensive beverage menu, cocktails are blended from premium house infused liquors, fresh fruits and herbs, while the superb wine cellar is well stocked with a rotating list from around the globe. The restaurant has a contemporary feel that is warm and inviting. Reel Club is a Lettuce Entertain You RestaurantContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Reel Club reviews from OpenTable diners
379 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (160)fit for foodies (153)good for groups (101)great for lunch (91)romantic (69)neighborhood gem (66)great for brunch (55)vibrant bar scene (50)notable wine list (45)hot spot (34)great for outdoor dining (32)kid-friendly (26)late-night find (24)scenic view (4)Show More
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/19/2014My husband and I enjoyed our celebration in The Reel Club. Service was perfect and all of our food was very tasty. The popovers and salads were wonderful. My husband thought his blackened tuna was outstanding. I had the special of Nantucket Bay Scallops with soy-Carmel sauce and rice. Tasted great but I was disappointed with the quantity at $35 per serving. I think my actual serving of scallops was about 1/4 of a pound. Last week Marianos was selling bay scallops for $8 a pound.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience at Reel ClubOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/19/2014Food and service have been excellent and consistent every time we've dined there. Fabulously fresh seafood, prepared just right with creative, but not over-the-top, accents. One of my top local picks for business dinners and lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was excellentlunch101Dined on 11/16/2014We went here for our anniversary and it couldn't have been better. Server was extremely knowledgeable and professional. Food was some of the best ever tasted. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KMG3Dined on 11/16/2014Great restaurant with good food, service and decor! Love the cheesy bread!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceeathereoftenDined on 11/15/2014Ask for Armando. Best tables are on the upper level. Don't pass on the parmesan biscuits. Sea Bass was excellent. Great place for seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating a BirthdayToothcleanerDined on 11/14/2014We where celebrating a birthday ,the birthday girl loves fish she raved about her meal. The others do not like fish but also enjoyed our meal .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for what we neededreaderdebbieDined on 11/10/2014We had three people meeting after work and needed a central place--this was it! We were early enough to grab the "specials" and most bottles of wine were half off---what's not to like! The wine didn't actually make it to the table until after the first course but that was the only thing that we thought a little "off".Special Features:
- Just okayMaryhjDined on 11/8/2014Everything about this dining experience was just okay. We had to wait for our table with just a "we are running behind" comment, no apology. Our server had no personality and every time we asked for a recommendation he answered with, "many people order...." It was almost as if he was trained to answer this way. It was totally insincere. The food -- just okay. It was nothing special. It was nothing we will remember or recommend. The ambiance? It was a decorated basement. Overcrowded. Too loud. We will not return. It wasn't bad. It just wasn't worth the time or money.
- The food was not worth the prices..OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014We were seated right away but that truly was the only good thing about going here.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Great food, service was very good. Didn't rush us. Not as romantic as I had hoped as it was quite large but the noise level was fine, no issues. Would go again. It was also a birthday celebration and they had a chocolate cupcake with Happy Birthday written in chocolate on the plate. Very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Our FavoritesBelleRNDined on 11/7/2014Consistently excellent food from the Bloody Mary's (a meal in itself), to the seafood salad (my favorite)!Special Features:
- DowdymktswhVIPDined on 11/7/2014We felt food and ambiance had significantly deteriorated. Used to be one of our favorites.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/7/2014Delicious well prepared food as usual. We had the crab this time, had never tried it there before. It was a pleasant surprise. The boiled red potatoes were mediocre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GaryVIPDined on 11/6/2014The chef keeps coming out with great dinner ideas that are very tasty. I got my lobster even though it wasn't on the menu. Thanks for buying a lobster for me.Special Features:
- Great dinner with friendBandBVIPDined on 11/4/2014This was my first time at Reel Club. I had invited a girl friend for dinner and catching up on girl stuff. The food was excellent, but most important to me was that we had a wonderful table hostess who kept us served without being intrusive and we stayed at the table way longer then we should have just enjoying the evening and coffee afterward and not once were we made to feel like we should leave. Hopefully we tipped the hostess generously and I will recommend Reel Club to my friends as a customer friendly great place to eat, especially on week nights.Special Features:
- Great Place w/ QualityTerryDined on 11/2/2014We loved the seafood variety and attentive staff. Their recommendations are "right on and honest". If you're not into seafood, there's other wonderful selections. Menu denotes GLUTEN FREE items which is helpful for people with those afflictions.Special Features:
- Sunday brunchSamsam25Dined on 11/2/2014What an amazing Sunday brunch and we had the best service I can remember ever having in a really long time and we dine out quite often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Reel FindOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014Excellent food, service, and ambiance. Valet parking is a must. We will be back!Special Features:
- Not for meNancDined on 11/1/2014The restaurant food was delicious and the waiter was fantastic, but the restaurant area was more like a nightclub-extremely loud and noisy. My husband and I had to yell to hear each other. This was not conducive to a romantic night out. The echoing noise also made it hard to hear our waiter. Although the food was great, I would probably not return due to the noise level.Special Features:
- Nice Experience!3cherrymanhattanVIPDined on 11/1/2014Dined there with friends on Saturday night. Great drinks. We began with the Chef's Selection of Oysters, which were very fresh and flavorful. The Roasted Beet Salad has an amazing peanut flavor dressing. I ordered the cedar planked Whitefish which was perfectly prepared. For dessert we ordered the Crème Brulee which was smooth and done perfectly. We also ordered the Cheesecake which everyone enjoyed. We would return. The décor is beautiful!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerPilotsviewDined on 11/1/2014Outstanding, engaging service. Halibut was excellent and the portion was just right. Highly recommended for nice night out.Special Features:
- Consistently good food and serviceTarheelborn1VIPDined on 11/1/2014We enjoyed a pleasant dining experience at Reel Club on Saturday night. Our waiter was helpful and efficient. The food was as good as ever. We loved the sushi, sashimi, pistachio crusted whitefish, and fried shrimp. Dessert was a delightful small mousse...almost guilt free. Drinks were good as well.Special Features:
- Always enjoyableMimiDined on 10/30/2014Meeting place with friends, always wonderful service & food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food...Very Mediocre ServiceDMoneyVIPDined on 10/25/2014We enjoy this place. They typically run 20-30 min late but it's ok because they have a good bar. The food is good and they start you with cheese pop-overs that are wonderful. Sushi appetizer was good; so was the beet salad. Their cedar plank whitefish does not dissapoint; seafood cobb salad also great. I was less impressed with the service. Seemed like they were pushing us and didn't like it when we told them we needed a few more minutes to decide. Eventually it was difficult to get a refill on our water. Although we took our time, they had lots of trouble figuring out what table had which entree. It was busy and the servers acted as such. It's more expensive than most restaurants so you hope for some more attentiveness.Special Features:
- Loved it!elmicrimDined on 10/25/2014This was my second time at Reel Club and it is always an enjoyable experience and sooo delicious! Our server was such a nice guy and the food was to DIE for! Highly recommended.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014Disappointing overall experience. Too noisy- too many children at 7 pm, poor service, and my dish was not great, salmon and forced to purchase sides that went uneaten, if the waiter and been better at descbring what the dishes did include, of course we would have questioned sides. My husband's birthday, and he got a cupcake and candle, but really felt all around loss of detail on celebration! The other surrounding resturants were quite busy, the valet was overwhelmed and I wished we had chosen an another choice.
- AnniversaryFun4allDined on 10/25/2014My wife and I were celebrating our 12th wedding anniversary and were joined by a couple that was celebrating their 2nd. The hostess was very friendly and the waiter was fantastic. The drinks were cold, the appetizers delicious and the we got to the main course which was outstanding. I would highly recommend this restaurant to friends and family for any occasion and my wife and I definitely intend on dining there again. Thank you for making our anniversary a great night, great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adequate Surf and TurfArielleDined on 10/25/2014I went to Reel Club on a Saturday night since Wildfire was booked. The calamari appetizer was good - nothing out of the ordinary. The pork belly was fair, but the rice with it was great. I had the Reel Club trio - glazed salmon, horseradish crusted filet, and parmesan-stuffed, bacon-wrapped shrimp. They were all fine, but not amazing. Everyone at the table got a steak of some sort and all were cooked to specifications, which is rare (harhar). I was glad to see it was more than just a seafood place. The service wasn't great. I had to flag down the waiter to take our entree order after appetizers arrived and he wasn't pleased with that. Lucky I did since the food took awhile. Overall, it was a good experience and price is right for the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Fish was good but needed a sauce. We had sea bass and the rainbow trout.I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor servicegoodDined on 10/18/2014This was the worst service we ever had here. The food took forever and took a long time for service. Was not happy with our last visit at all!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusieDined on 10/18/2014We arrived on time for our reservation, but waited over 30 minutes to be seated. At first, we were disappointed on having to wait so long, the hostess said 15 minutes behind on reservations, but it was really over 30 -- but the quality of food, and our waitress, was very good to excellent. We were not in a hurry, so that was good. I was wondering how long a wait, without a reservation. Not sure on that one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMichaelDined on 10/18/2014Took my Mother and Wife out for Sweetest day. 15 minute wait past reservation so not bad. Not much room to wait. Decor is very nice, and service was good. Food was disappointing. Had some parmesan scallops for appetizer, which were smothered in greasy, fried cheese, tasted OK but very greasy. California roll was good, but tasted like made with smoked salmon rather than crab. Entre was grouper for me. Overcooked and not very tasty. My mother had parmesean tilapia which was pretty bad. I'd say OK for a business event if you don't care about food quality too much but the place is very well decorated and nice ambience.Special Features:
- Still one of our favoritesJustDVIPDined on 10/18/2014This is still one of our favorites. Love the seafood. But the rest of the food is also good.Special Features:
- ServiceIcehouse55Dined on 10/18/2014Maria was our server and she was great! She was very friendly, making us feel like we've known her for years. She suggested sushi roll for us to try. She made our time spent having dinner a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer Service Not RequiredAddisonGreekVIPDined on 10/18/2014Food is very good. Service not so good. Hostess was rude and waitress was in a rush.
- Reel Club really wonderful!ODYSSEYCEBDined on 10/17/2014Great food, service and atmosphere no matter the occasion. Ask for Kevin he is the best waiter we ever had there!Special Features:
- WaitstaffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Maria was absolutely fabulous! Recommended dishes that were delicious. Love the Chilean Sea Bass and Lobster Mac & Cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but....WorldDinerVIPDined on 10/11/2014I have been coming to Reel Club for years, because the food is great, and the ambiance is nice. However, the service from the staff is extremely inconsistent. I have had some great waiters, and some absolutely horrible ones. A restaurant of this caliber and in this price range should be consistently good. They also seem to be somewhat short staffed during busy times (like the weekend), which may contribute to the poor service. I brought a guest from out of town here this last time. I had a 7:15pm reservation and wasn't seated untiil 7:45pm (what's the point of a reservation?), and the waiter was so spacey. I saw him only once after the food was served--never asked us refills on drinks or anything. Didn't even offer dessert until we asked.
- Great experienceMrMedinaDined on 10/10/2014Made reservations and they accommodated my request for specific seating. The waitress was friendly and checked in on a regular. Food was outstanding. Mt wife and I would definitely return for a third time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentladdyDined on 10/10/2014the service was wonderful, our waiter was top notch. They were very accommodating when it came to a small change on the menu. I would definitely go back. The food was wonderful.Special Features: