272 Oakbrook Center
Oak Brook, IL 60523Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.reel-club.com/
- Phone: 6303689400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Sat: 11:15am - 3:00pm; Sunday: 11:00am-2:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Mychael Bonner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our professional party planners will make sure your event is one to remember. From the room to the food, the service to the celebration, we'll create the experience that's right for you and your guests. Join us for lunch or dinner. Tell us about an upcoming event by filling out our party inquiry form at http://www.reel-club.com/private-parties .
- Private Party Facilities: Reel Club can provide private event spaces for 10-180 people, ask to speak to our special events team for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Stephanie Fojas 6303689400
- Entertainment: Join Reel Club's Supper Club. Everyday 3:00 pm - 5:30 pm. Enjoy a three course dinner for just $16.95, including a choice from one of Reel Club's popular starters such as new england clam chowder, caesar salad, seafood gumbo, or even half order of hand rolled sushi. Choose from several enticing entrées such as cedar planked whitefish, broiled norwegian salmon, grilled skirt steak, roasted amish chicken, or linguini with lobster, crab, and shrimp. Top off your tasty dinner with decadent dessert bite. Reel Club's Supper Club is fast becoming the way to dine well for less.
A word from Reel Club
Reel Club is located on the east side of Oak Brook Center. Reel Club features a broad array of fresh fish, Alaskan king crab, hand rolled sushi, Live Maine Lobsters, prime steaks, signature salads and a new twist on ice cream desserts. Complementing the fare is an extensive beverage menu, cocktails are blended from premium house infused liquors, fresh fruits and herbs, while the superb wine cellar is well stocked with a rotating list from around the globe. The restaurant has a contemporary feel that is warm and inviting. Reel Club is a Lettuce Entertain You RestaurantContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Reel Club - Best Restaurants in Oak Brook ›
Reel Club reviews from OpenTable diners
393 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (171)fit for foodies (130)good for groups (93)great for lunch (87)romantic (82)neighborhood gem (66)great for brunch (54)great for outdoor dining (43)vibrant bar scene (32)late-night find (31)hot spot (30)notable wine list (29)kid-friendly (28)scenic view (2)Show More
- first timeVacaVIPDined on 8/31/2014was a great place. Cant wait to go back. Thx for anniversary dessert !!!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014The food and service was excellent. We had reservations for 7:45pm on a Saturday night and they seated us right on time. What more can be said.Special Features:
- Not a fan of fishEmkayDined on 8/30/2014Despite my overall dislike of seafood, I was able to enjoy a very nice dinner with my friends, all seafood lovers. The parmesan-crusted chicken is excellent. Also, a generous side of asparagus was enough for three people.Special Features:
- Tight squeezeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Our family of four ate here on a Saturday night. It was very crowded in the bar and around the hostess area. So glad we made a reservation with Open Table. We were seated right away at a table for four. The food was very good, but we were constantly distracted throughout the meal by how close the tables were to others and getting our chairs bumped by other guests and waiters. Probably Y ask for a booth if we return.Special Features:
- Wonderful seafood, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014We really enjoyed the food. Their gluten-free bread rolls were surprisingly delicious! We had Clam Chowder, Rainbow Roll sushi, Salmon with Scallop & Corn Risotto, and Grouper. Amazing food! However, the restaurant wasn't very busy, but our waiter took our appetizer order, then didn't come back until we had finished our soup & sushi for a good 5-10 minutes to take our dinner order. Other than the service, the parking is a pain as there are a bunch of restaurants along the same strip & there are a lot of valet reserved spots that take up much of the front parking. You'll have to park in the garages & walk during peak hours. The bathrooms are very dark & the stalls are crammed. All in all, a great restaurant, we would come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousDebbiVIPDined on 8/30/2014Our food and service were outstanding. Kim was our waitress. She was very knowledgeable and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014When I made the reservation I let them know about a food allergy. We didn't have to mention it when we got there. The waitress was all over it. She had a great personality and helped make the evening enjoyable without being intrusive. Thank you for a delicious and enjoyable dinner with friends.Special Features:
- Good food, much improved serviceDGCKDined on 8/29/2014This is our third time at Reel Club and by far the best. Service was great this time - marked improvement over the last 2 times. Server was attentive and was very kind to our 2 kids (age 6 & 9). Food was very good - lots of varieties of seafood & preparations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reel Club Measures UpOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014As usual, the Reel Club met my expectations. The table was ready when we arrived, we had an attentive server and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/28/2014Poor layout and cramped sitting areas has the staff bumping into each other and service is slow. Food very good, however.Special Features:
- GaryVIPDined on 8/28/2014The food and service were great. Always nice when Matt is there. Also enjoyed seeing the chef there too. The restaurant does a very classy job of presenting the food and cooking it properly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed...eateateatDined on 8/26/2014I've eaten at the Reel Club for dinner but my recent lunch was very disappointing. The three of us each had different items and we were all disappointed. The taste, presentation, and quality of the food is not what I experienced for dinner in the past year.
- Business DinnerOnVacationDined on 8/25/2014Everything was great for our business dinner. The customer was impressed with the service and the food. Small communication error on dessert, but, it was handled well. We had fun and enjoyed the night.Special Features:
- MarginalOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/25/2014Too many great choices in Oakbrook to ever go back to Reel...sorry Reel Club
- Keep the Miso soup on the menu!HealthyFoodLoverVIPDined on 8/24/2014My husband and I dined at the Reel Club in Oak Brook on Sunday, August 24. For the first time we tried the Miso soup, a special for the day. It was delicious! I would like for the chef to keep the Miso soup on the regular daily menu. I would order it every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anonDined on 8/23/2014The ambiance has a lot of potential but for two things: 1) the booth tables provide for awkward seating: you're either sitting right next to the other person in your party or way too far across from him or her. 2) it's a little dingy: I couldn't read all of the items on the specials menu because the print was fading. The service was outstanding! When I asked if they could halve the jumbo shrimp appetizer (since I was the only one at the table who liked them), the waitress quickly figured out how to accommodate the request. She even offered that I did not have to get poached shrimp but could request them fried or grilled as well. She was pleasant and helpful. Despite a changed mashed potatoes recipe, the food and drink were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/23/2014We always have a good meal at Reel Club (honestly, at all Lettuce Entertain You restaurants). The one thing to point out from this visit...it's nice to see the staff take a step forward when its crowded. We arrived early for our reservations and were waiting near the hostess stand after being at the bar for a bit, when one of the waiters from the bar tables must have saw us waiting (note: the waiting area just emptied out after being pretty full and there was still about 10 minutes before our reservation time). He asked if we wanted to sit in one of the bar booths which just opened-up instead of waiting for a table in the dining room(s). We did!Special Features:
- Overall experience was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014The only complaint i have is we arrrived a little before 7 for my 7 pm reservation and we didn't get seated until 7:15. When i have a reservation I expect to be seated immediately at 7 pm. PaulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafoodFabulousfoodDined on 8/23/2014Everything is delicious!! Waiter always makes great recommendations!Special Features:
- Great Food & Subpar ServiceFrequentFoodie84Dined on 8/23/2014I wanted to surprise my girlfriend and have a great meal so I decided to try out the Reel Club. When I arrived after having made a reservation I could plainly see they had not prepared for my arrival because they placed meet at a square top table when I asked for a secluded booth. I was then placed by the bathroom when several other booths were available but only after I had to wait to have my table changed and then I was told by the young lady they forgot my name. I was happy with my server and because of the quality of the food had a friend bring his wife for dinner as well. So for the $250 we spent I could have went to any other resturant in the area and recieved a higher level of service. It's sad because the food was great.Special Features:
- Had a great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Went here for my Birthday with the family in tow, both food and service couldn't have been better!Special Features:
- fresh seafood, changing specialsCrabGourmetVIPDined on 8/22/2014Excellent ahi tuna. Good ivory salmon and heirloom cauliflower. Solid sea bass. Wonderful berry chocolate souffle. Attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed This TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/22/2014We have eaten at Reel Club several times and always enjoyed it. This time we were disappointed with out lunch. We ordered the business special which was shrimp & cod and it had no taste, it was very bland. Usually we never order the same entree but this time all four of us did. My husband enjoyed the clam chowder and my daughter enjoyed the gumbo but thought it could have had more kick to it. Our granddaughter loved the gumbo, she is 8. They just moved back from New Orleans so they know their Gumbo. The salad was also very good as was the rice pudding. We would still dine here but order something different.Special Features:
- GaryVIPDined on 8/21/2014Great food and service. We feel like special guests because Matt is great at visiting his customers.Special Features:
- ChrisDined on 8/21/2014We dine here frequently and always enjoy ourselves. Wait staff is friendly, professional and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- The bestjfloresDined on 8/20/2014As always everything great. The only problem is our server just stayed by us and seemed to be rushing us. Otherwise food greatSpecial Features:
- Fish loverLuvtoeatoutDined on 8/17/2014This is what a restaurant should be elegant,beautiful, impeccable top shelf service! Rich Melman deserve's a medal from our President. Chicago's lucky to have him as one of our best restaurateurs!Special Features:
- Good eatsTravellerDined on 8/17/2014The food was fine, good dinner crowd but a little loud if you want privacy. Food portions were very small for the prices charged.
- Needed better service-Food GreatStephDined on 8/17/2014I love LEYE restaurants. When we arrived we were one of the first tables since we were eating early. The carpet looked filthy with food (Probably from the Sunday Brunch which took place earlier). Our waiter forgot my husbands Vegetable Side so when it finally came out he was done with his meal. Surprised the restaurant charged us for the error. I had put in my res notes about my grandma's bday but the waiter didn't seem to know until I brought it up. The restaurant ended up getting very busy and I could tell my server had a lot of tables which brought the service level down. All the food that came out was yummy but my steak which was ordered Medium came out well done but I ate it. I don't like making scenes in front of guests.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchGarlicloverDined on 8/17/2014This was my first experience at the REEL CLUB and was looking forward to brunch. I was somewhat disappointed because I expected more than just a couple of sushi varieties. The oysters, another one of my favorites, were not adequate. In fact one of them was spoiled. The fresh shrimp were huge and fresh. I really enjoyed the smoked fish that was offered and the prime rib. The desserts were awesome.Special Features:
- not happyPennyDined on 8/16/2014this was not our 1st time there. we love the food so we took a friend to celebrate his bday. we waited 1hr 10 min for our food and over 15 min for our 1st round of drinks. another 15 min for our 2nd round of drinks. i also requested armando which they did not give us(although he was there) we were given kim who was horrible(ironically we had her the week before and she was fine maybe cuz they were slow) the manager was nice and took care of us but the party we were with will not be going back. how unfortunate.Special Features:
- MichiganJanDined on 8/16/2014The plates were well presented; however, my cauliflower was burned! The salad I shared with my husband was huge. the beet soup with ginger was interesting; perhaps a little too much ginger. The small bite dessert was a great idea. I love a taste of sweet at the end of a meal but usually am too full for a full dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints usOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Always fresh and yummy, service is ALWAYS superior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent, not specialraviVIPDined on 8/15/2014We tried the halibut, salmon, trout and a seafood salad. The salmon was excellent, very fresh and good flavors. The trout and halibut were just ok, and the salad was below par. Service was good , but forgot a few instructions and everything was decent, but not anything special to go back for.
- Memorable mealGaillakeforestDined on 8/14/2014This was our first time to Reel Club and every person in our party cannot wait to go back! The food was amazing, the service impeccable, and it has a very friendly atmosphere. From the moment we stepped into the restaurant, we wanted for nothing. It was a special occasion that evening and everyone involved made it an evening to remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday PartyPapaLoloDined on 8/11/2014We had a great time, celebrating a Birthday! Food was great! I had Whole Lobster Special! Service was excellent! We will be back!Special Features:
- Always hoppingKariHDined on 8/11/2014No matter what day you go to Reel Club the place is always alive with people I had the salmon with cauliflower risotto and hubby had another risotto both came with a side of green beans that were overloaded with butter to the point we could not eat them. Salmon was done perfectly, hubby's complained that his risotto again contained too much butter. I guess will have to try the restaurants simplified version of their many fish entres that come simply with a spinach base. Although we were disappointed in the dinner (to the point that we didn't feel well after all the butter) in the past we have had delightful meals there so we will give it another chance in the future.Special Features:
- Reel Clubepd1862Dined on 8/11/2014We went a month ago for our anniversary and were pleasantly suprised at how delicious our meal was. There is a deal on Monday nights for a 1 1/2 lobster, shrimp, mussels and sausage for $25.00 that is an unbelievable deal. That time we had a very attentive waitress. We went this past Monday for my birthday. We had the same meal which was fabulous but our waiter was terrible. Our water glass was never refilled throughout our whole meal even though they were empty. Service was very slow and not friendly. After the meal the first time they brought hot, moist towels to freshen up. Nothing this time. It took forever to get our bill. However to us the food is worth going for.Special Features:
- We will returnMDRURYDined on 8/9/2014We had a lovely anniversary dinner. Food and service was excellent. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014I am in the seafood business and found "Reel Club" to one of the best seafood restaurants I have eaten at!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.