7121 Bethesda Lane
Bethesda, MD 20814Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.redwoodbethesda.com/
- Phone: (301) 656-5515
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: 11:30am - 2:30pm :: Mon - Fri
DINNER: 5:30pm - 9:00pm :: Mon - Wed
DINNER: 5:30pm - 10:00pm :: Thurs
DNNER: 5:30pm - 11:00pm :: Fri
DINNER: 5:00pm - 11:00pm :: Sat
DINNER: 5:00pm - 9:00pm :: Sun
LUNCH: 11:30am - 3:00pm :: Sat
BRUNCH 10:30am - 3:00pm :: Sun
LOUNGE: 4:00 pm until Close :: Mon - Sun
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Miguel Pizarosso
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Oktoberfest Block Party in the Fall
- Public Transit: The Bethesda Metro station is located only three blocks from the heart of Bethesda Row. Take the red line to Bethesda Metro Center.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: A parking garage is located on Bethesda Avenue and Elm Street. $1 an hour and 'Retail Elevator' exists across the street from Redwood
There are 3 public garages within walking distance of Redwood. Garage parking is free on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. Street parking is free on Sundays and holidays only. Copper meters have a one-hour time limit, blue meters have two hours and silver meters have nine or more hours.
A word from Redwood
Our mission is to bring you a seasonal menu, rooted in American tradition that showcases the Mid-Atlantic's ingredients. Our produce is organic or sustainable whenever possible; our meats are naturally-raised; our seafood wild or sustainable. We support local artisanal cheese makers, growers, ranchers, fisherman, and encourage you to do the same by buying local at our farmer's market or grocery.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Redwood reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (82)fit for foodies (49)good for groups (45)neighborhood gem (45)great for lunch (30)special occasion (26)romantic (17)great for brunch (17)notable wine list (14)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (13)kid-friendly (12)scenic view (8)late-night find (5)Show More
- Best mussels!FoodieDined on 11/21/2014I love the mussels & Brussel sprouts! I love meeting a group of girlfriends here to share a bunch of apps & chat the night away. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too BadDissapointedDined on 11/19/2014Great location and good space to be a neighborhood go to, however menu consistently disappoints in terms of choices and creativity. This time food particularly below par. I always have hopes that they will up their game, but does not seem to be their agenda.Special Features:
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/16/2014All you can eat brunch was very poor. Reminded me of a cheap to moderate hotel buffet. Veggie burger off brunch menu was good but will not return for anything breakfast related.
- mehOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I figured I would give redwood a shot because the outside looked very appealing. But once inside the interior was not charming nor appealing; not appropriate for a romantic date. Food was overpriced and mediocre.Special Features:
- GREAT and airywendysue26VIPDined on 11/13/2014This is a wonderful place for a girlfriend lunch.. Nice and airy, quiet, good service and nice food!!! Would return, especially on a sunny day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Martha DencklaNeurogrannyDined on 11/9/2014Chosen for brunch with a friend, requested and got a corner suited to conversation, friend raved about her verge burger, I had conventional breakfast that was excellent, wait staff available and helpful with beverage refill and shift to decaf. This restaurant is a favorite for outdoors seating when weather is good, very close to my home and mt favorite shopping places, totally a gem of Bethesda West.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food FlourishesAmyHVIPDined on 11/8/2014You can count on the food being consistently good at this restaurant situated on a beautiful cobble stone street in Bethesda. Redwood aims to please the diner. We had a timing issue between courses, but the restaurant made amends and we were satisfied with the outcome. Though I do believe this was a mistake, at the prices we paid, they should pay closer attention to providing a better dining experience. I believe Redwood is worth a try this season. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unevenfoodandartDined on 11/8/2014Some dishes are quite good. Some are nearly inedible (tough duck breast - flavorless but for burnt skin - on a bed of under-seasoned undercooked lentils as Exhibit A).
- Always good!PJB57Dined on 11/7/2014The food and service is very good. Our guests always enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staff and servicetarrouDined on 11/7/2014We went for my wife's birthday. I made an unusual request for the date and the staff did their absolute best to address it, to wonderful results. I was very happy with our experience. (The food was great too. I especially like the brussels sprouts.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun place for happy hourShastaDined on 11/7/2014We came for dinner but I got there early so hit the bar first. My friends joined me and we ended up staying at the bar because the happy hour specials were good and the service was great. You don't leave the bar when there is a great bartender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SelegantDined on 10/29/2014Good for business meetings--I was there during the lunch hour with customers. Healthy food (well prepared salads etc.), good parking, sufficiently quiet for conversations. Nice location near boutique shopping (always a plus.) I'm gluten-free and had myriad dining options. Well done, Redwood!Special Features:
- Service and QualityEatingmywaythruBethesdaVIPDined on 10/28/2014We had great service and the quality of the food was excellent!Special Features:
- Outstanding ServicedrbartonbVIPDined on 10/25/2014From the champagne toast given to my wife for her birthday to a candle in the chocolate flan for desert, we had a great time on Saturday night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceNicolaDined on 10/19/2014Meal spoilt by the arrival of our entrees while we were still eating our appertisers. The staff were then shutting everything down while we were finishing our coffee.
- Sunday BrunchStevenVIPDined on 10/19/2014We went for Sunday brunch, they had most of what you would expect - pancakes, a small variety of eggs, bacon, sausage, omelette station, carving station etc -- but nothing particularly outside of the ordinary. I found the sausage bland and a couple of the cookies I tried were not very good, everything else was acceptable. Unfortunately there was nothing about the quality or variety of the food that merited the $25 price tag. I could have got the exact same food at [insert generic diner here] for $12-15, or much better food for the same price at Founding Farmers or Sugo. I will not be returning to Redwood.
- Always better than expectedSusannettaVIPDined on 10/16/2014Buck's is beginning to rise to the top of our default list even now when it is becoming a bit too nippy for the patio and that slightly spicy but incredibly crispy fish and chips have replaced their addictive fish tacos. Carnivores seem satisfied with Buck's roast chicken, hanger and strip steaks and burgers. Excellent as a neighborhood dive but perhaps not worth a long detour.Special Features:
- Great Cuisine for Social & BusinessOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2014This is always my go-to for an enjoyable business lunch, group event, date night, or dinner with friends. The food is innovative and executed well, and the service is attentive and smart. The décor is very attractive too. I've never sat outside but it's nice that outdoor seating is available. Can't lose for special occasions or just Tuesday lunch!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/14/2014Disappointing for a business lunch. The restaurant was empty (no surprise!), and still service was achingly slow - slow to take an order, very slow to bring the meal, and impossible to get wait staff attention to get a check. The food -- beet salad and fish tacos -- was okay, nothing particularly inspiring, attractive or memorable.
- One of my favoritesJzel1013Dined on 10/13/2014We don't live in the area any more but every time we make a trip back down we try to stop at Redwood and it never disappoints! The food is always superb, service attentive and we never want to leave. Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okVinceDined on 9/30/2014Nothing terribly wrong with food, and service was very good, and the restaurant itself is beautiful, but I guess I expect more from the food at the $40 per person price range. There's a lot of competition out there. Kind of bland "American" menu, and too heavy on the salt.
- Great hamburgers, lots of noiseBigeaterVIPDined on 9/23/2014We went for a casual dinner. Great hamburgers, other food was good. Very noisy.Special Features:
- An ok place in downtown BethesdaPorkmedallionDined on 9/21/2014There is nothing very wrong with Redwood, which is its principal attraction. It is a good option for visitors to NIH or Walter Reed, for example, because the diverse menu, which includes a reasonable number of gluten-free options, should have something for everyone.Special Features:
- Redwood is just greatccfoodzVIPDined on 9/20/2014Sat near tbe bar and had great dinner service from the bartender! The menu choices are great and everything was delicious. I or deserved the tuna tartar and the grilled brussel sprouts. Both were very well prepped. Highly Recommend!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElaineVIPDined on 9/19/2014Our waiter and the chef went out of their way to change the salade nicoise to accommodate my allergy to chili pepper. We were grateful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing brunchFoodieGirlDined on 9/14/2014Have enjoyed many happy hours and dinners at Redwood so tested out the brunch. Very disappointing selection, variety and quality of food. Many items listed on the menu for brunch were not on display, certain food items don't belong in a buffet like salad or fried brussel sprouts that are supposed to be crispy since they get soggy very quickly, and service was slow even though they were not nearly at capacity. One redeeming aspect was the live jazz trio - they were fantastic! Plenty of better brunch options in Bethesda like Cafe Deluxe or Mon Ami Gabi... don't waste your time here unless you order a la carte.
- Good food, slow serviceGoTerpsDined on 9/12/2014Food was very good. We sat outside because there was a large group and someone with a mic inside and it was very noisy. After 25 minutes we had to ask for a waiter to take our order and no one ever came to check on us and then we had to ask for someone to give us a check. Total time for lunch was 90 minutesSpecial Features:
- Lunch at RedwoodMamatweegaVIPDined on 9/12/2014It was a beautiful day to eat lunch outside. While the menu is on the small side the shrimp salad and the tuna salad that we ordered were attractive and tasty. There could have been a little more menu choices, especially on the desert side but all in all it was a good meal in a lovely spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not great valuemaxinetteVIPDined on 9/10/2014The chopped salad was very good, but small. 2x the lettuce would have made all the difference. Needed to get a snack after lunch.
- Buffet Brunch does not disappoint4mercustVIPDined on 9/7/2014Excellent food. Omelets are amazing. Daughter wanted a waffle bar. Food was fresh and healthy and certainly plentiful.Special Features:
- It was averagemnkyboyVIPDined on 9/6/2014I enjoyed the meal but there wasn't anything special about it. I got the duck & it was eh. It was only seasoned around the edge. The seasoning didn't carry through the duck. My husband got the filet & it was good. The bernaise sauce was very good.
- Feels like vacation...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014That's what we all said to each other, sitting outside on the lovely pedestrian walk/street on a balmy Bethesda night. The waiter was attentive, he made a great wine recomendation and the steak salad was delicious. It's a treat to be able to sit outside, but it's also delightful to sit inside. It's such a beautiful place and I've always enjoyed whatever food I've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or missPortlanderDined on 8/31/2014Three of us liked the seafood dishes we got, mu husband hated his stake salad. Kids loved their meals too. A bit overpriced thoughSpecial Features:
- Excellent service, delicious foodNahNahDined on 8/30/2014Really nice place. Very salty. Calamari appetizer and smores dessert excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible serviceBethesda25Dined on 8/23/2014Though the food was good, the service was terrible. We told the waiter at the beginning of the meal that we needed to be out in ~50 minutes to catch a movie, and we missed the first 20 minutes of the movie (and had to take our dessert to go in a bag).Special Features:
- outside sittingpatronVIPDined on 8/22/2014Redwood is a solid place for a good meal. I enjoy it most when we are able to sit outside.Special Features:
- It was niceArtSashaDined on 8/22/2014It was nice. The restaurant was great! Server was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but...Nana7VIPDined on 8/21/2014The food was good but the service was slow (except the busboy, who made sure our water glasses were always full) and the noise level made it difficult to carry on a conversation. Perhaps if they hadn't put 2 large parties next to each other, this would have been less of a problem.Special Features:
- first timerfoodieforlifeDined on 8/17/2014The food was good, the waiter was personable and knowledgeable about the items on the menu. The only downer was they ran out of salmon and two of my guest had to choose something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchDoubleDDined on 8/17/2014We booked reservations for a Sunday, as we wanted to try Redwood for restaurant week. We were unaware that the restaurant week menu would not be available on a Sunday, we were informed upon arrival. Oh well. We still enjoyed our experience. Service was speedy and attentive, food was absolutely delicious, and the ambiance was very nice, loved the acoustic guitar trio, that added such a lovely touch! We will definitely be back for another brunch.Special Features: