395 Santa Monica Place
Santa Monica, CA 90401Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.redwoodgrille.com/
- Phone: 3105760600x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:30pm - 5:00pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch (Saturday & Sunday)
11:30pm - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Spiros Bozikis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Redwood Grille
Redwood grille offers a modern take on a Classic American Cuisine. With a locally inspired Menu and Wine List, high quality ingredients, innovative recipes and superb service, Redwood Grille offers consistently new and exciting flavors in a casual, stylish and lively atmosphere. Located over the 3rd street promenade at Santa Monica Place, our indoor-outdoor setting is the place for people anytime of the day. Open for Weekend Brunch, after work Drinks, Lunch and Dinner, Redwood Grille is the perfect place to meet or celebrate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Redwood Grille - Best Restaurants in Santa Monica ›
Redwood Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (19)good for groups (16)scenic view (13)great for brunch (10)romantic (10)great for lunch (10)fit for foodies (9)special occasion (7)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- late lunch/early dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014We were on our way to Hollywood Bowl and wanted to eat on the WestSide of town. We told our waiter and were served as quickly as we needed. Drinks were great! Loved the place...would recommend itSpecial Features:
- nice restaurant with outdoor patiosunnygDined on 8/16/2014this is a really nice restaurant, the patio is nice and there is outdoor seating in front of restaurant too. I really liked the setup of the restaurant. the food was ok. The egg white frittata was not good, had no seasoning or flavor. service was also a bit slow on the patio.Special Features:
- Good as alwaysBigGVIPDined on 7/21/2014This is one of my go-to places both for a business lunch or causal date. Good food, good selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Redwood GrilletashVIPDined on 7/13/2014Service was very slow, food was average. Mixed drinks were very weak. Overall I would not go backSpecial Features:
- Very good as alwaysBigGVIPDined on 7/12/2014I had not been to Redwood in almost a month, and I kick myself for not going back sooner. Best octopus in town (okay, Maude is doing it better right now, but can't compare the two places really) and the recent menu overhaul has brought a better selection. Go, you will have a good time with good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rook44Dined on 6/19/2014The service and food were exceptional. Menu had a nice variety. The filet was so tender I could cut it with a fork. The flavor was wonderful and the seasonal vegetables of snow pea pods with red peppers was just the right blend. The apple crisp and coffee was a perfect finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful settingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/15/2014Redwood Grille is situated on the top level of Santa Monica Place. With spacious interior, fluid decor, open patio scene. The ambiance is super but the food lacks imagination. Once the quality of the food is improved, this place definitely has potential.Special Features:
- Redwood GrilleBScottDined on 6/13/2014Redwood was great for my post grad dinner with my family. Not only was the food great but the view as well. They were a bit slow at times getting our drinks to us but they always had a smile on their face and were great at recommendations. Overall, would visit again and tell friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly Surprised!SmdinerVIPDined on 6/10/2014The quinoa side and chicken-fig sandwich were incredible. We didn't expect to be floored by the food. It seems like a typical Hillstone-type restaurant that may or may not be as good. It was. The wines were delicious particularly a very dark Rose. They are serious about their wines. Loved our server but would have liked him to be taught about the wine. He was great with the menu. Will absolutely go back. Craving the quinoa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedDisappointedDined on 5/16/2014We took my mother here for a belated Mother's day celebration and I must say my siblings and I were thoroughly disappointed. The food was mediocre at best and the prices were ridiculous.Special Features:
- Good FoodBigGVIPDined on 5/15/2014I like this place for food - and drinking too. The appetizers are really good, especially the Octopus (best in town), poutine, wings and lobster tacos. Lunch salads and sandwiches are good (good burger and buffalo chicken sandwich). Ribs disappoint but steaks are very good. I return time after time, eating lunch here about once per week. Go!Special Features:
- Will definitely come back soon!allielewisDined on 5/14/2014I'm fairly new to the Santa Monica area and I'm still exploring different places to eat. We were looking for something nice to celebrate starting a new job and this was perfect. The Red Sangria is delicious. Our server Sam was a sweetheart and was extremely helpful in making good recommendations for our food and drink choices. She also talked up the Sunday brunch so we will be back to check that out soon!Special Features:
- First time, may be lastBugsyDined on 5/11/2014Redwood had mixed reviews, so I thought we would give it a try having not been there before. I came up in a search of good places specifically for brunch. The brunch menu is limited and do not serve anything from the lunch menu until around 2:30 when there brunch is over. The food was good (not great) and the service was very average. The bottomless mimosas could be great if you can get the service to get refills. Only twice in an hour and a half. Prices are resonable. The restaurant has a great decor. The outside patio is fantastic, but unless you beat the crowd, forget about it.
- Redwood GrilleAdrianVIPDined on 5/11/2014We went for Mother's Day brunch and the wait staff were great and attentive. The food was decent and overall the atmosphere and experience was very enjoyable.Special Features:
- The following 47 reviews are from the Redwood Grille reviews archive.
- 10 on 10OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/3/2014Great food, great service, great ambience!!! Will definitely be back!!!Special Features:
- Never disappointedFussyeaterDined on 4/27/2014I've been here a couple if times now and I haven't been disappointed yet. Food is always good and honest. The service is genuine and good. Brunch was busy and buzzing. See you soon...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchrunJPDined on 4/20/2014Went here for Easter brunch and was not disappointed at all. The food was great, and the bloody mary was delicious! We sat on the deck in the back of the restaurant, which is where I would recommend sitting on a nice day. Amazing view and good ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was averageOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2014Great location, but just nothing that sets it apart from other restaurants.
- DecentJackDined on 4/4/2014This restaurant is a decent find, though nothing special. If you are looking for a quick bite because you happen to be in the area this place is perfectly fine, but there are better dining experiences in Santa Monica if you want a more "foodie" experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very friendly service, deliciousCocoVIPDined on 3/1/2014Very friendly service, delicious food. We love here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy V DayFussyeaterDined on 2/16/2014I didn't have a chance to take my wife out for Valentines day because I was out of town on business so we went to a Redwood for a Valentines weekend brunch. When we arrived the host was very polite and seated us promptly, one thing that struck me was that he remembered us from previous visits. We requested a seat on the patio to enjoy the great weather. The patio was jammed packed, this place was busier than I've ever seen it before. My wife ordered the bottomless mimosa and the strawberry stuffed French toast, I ordered Steak Frits. Everything was cooked perfectly and the service was prompt. After eating we ordered a couple of cappuccinos and relaxed and talked for a little We like this place...see you soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Poor ServiceDanHVIPDined on 2/15/2014Food was tasty but the service was poor. Waitress didn't come by much, entrees took about an hour to arrive. Waitress took 15 minutes to bring water, never brought plates as promised for the appetizers and never gave us our check. We had to ask someone else. We actually only saw her at the start of the dinner. She was nice but not very attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/1/2014On holiday decided to try based on the previous reviews. Passed on other great restaurants. Trainee waitress highlighted the poor performance with a bill presentation that included 'Thank you... ah, Mr X' rather than a name. Of course her chasing the trainer waiter outside on the patio, lukewarm food, missing for long periods of time... On and on. I don't complain often - usually if I find I need to suggest a correction more than once I give up - I don't want to add to my frustration with becoming a supervisor. The food was fair - again, only warm (it appears to have been sitting before service), and nowhere near the quality of the other reviews. We went to Seasons 52 around the corner before - excellent service and great food.
- Good but little disjointedVeniceeatsVIPDined on 1/31/2014Ordered cocktails in the bar but moved to booth. Drinks from bar never arrived - reordered with waiter. Cirque du Soleil special - but waiter knew nothing about it. It was honored but had to show webpage. Artichoke spinach dip is yummy, but the grilled octopus app never arrived. The salmon w/strawberry salad and the Thai chicken salad were both nice and fresh with light dressing. The baby back ribs were loved by all! The happy hour is from 4 - 7pm and the food items that we saw looked delicious. I will return for happy hour. Overall - we liked the food. The bar needs to communicate better with the waitstaff as it took awhile for the drinks to appear. Did not see a manager - would have been nice if someone had checked in on us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I went there during Dine LAGinnybunnyDined on 1/25/2014I went there during Dine LA so there was a pre-fix menu and selections for this menu was small. We both ordered the swordfish entree which was a little dry and it was served with a very generous portion of steamed broccoli. The highlight of the meal was there bread pudding which was outstanding. The wine selection was very good. The service was excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to be Very GoodBigGVIPDined on 1/24/2014I normally eat lunch here, but tried dinner for Restaurant Week and got the special menu. Unlike most places, this Restaurant Week menu provided good food and good value. The octopus as always was the highlight appetizers - wonderfully grilled and abundant. The fish main course was good, and the cowboy pork chip was wonderful. The only change I would make is cutting the potatoes in half (even if they were very good, there was just too much) and sub veggies of some kine. But overall, I very much enjoyed. I continue to keep this place as one of my go-to places for an easy, great meal.Special Features:
- A real RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/23/2014I made a reservation earlier this week and returned with my wife again after shopping on Saturday night. It was packed, 20 minutes for a table. We had a great experience both times. Real good value for great food. No fancy gimmicks, just good food and good portions. Service was also very friendly and attentive. Great view from patio also. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- could have been betterroostergirlDined on 1/19/2014The location of this restaurant is hard to beat and the view from the patio is fantastic. Now the restaurant needs to bring up their game a couple of notches to keep up. First off, the menu is very limited. I'd recommend they have many more appetizers to choose from. The signature cucumber margharita was not tasty and had too many chachki's in it. The waiter's seemed very young and inexperienced and the services was inconsistent which resulted in our order being written up wrong. The food we did order was pretty good.Special Features:
- food so, so, service very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014Food was warm, not hot. Took way to long to serve dinner, although staff apologized for delay three times. Presentation was uninspiringly all white. Disappointing overall. We will not be back.
- DisappointingSharkmanVIPDined on 1/9/2014We ordered the "antipasto" and it consisted of a giant piece of octopus and little else. The sirloin steak was tough and flavor free. And out booth had an ultra bright light shining on the table. It was like dining in an operating room. Live close but never going back. SM Place is a culinary wasteland.
- Wow I'm becoming what I hateFussyeaterDined on 1/5/2014Wow I'm becoming what I hate most of all, a food critic! Saturday night I had some friends visiting from Florida for the Florida State vs Auburn football game. I decided to take them to what is quickly becoming a favorite of mine, Redwood Grille. The service started off a little on the slow side but ended on an extremely high not when the Manager recognized me as a regular and treat us like royalty. The food was as usual great and the weather cooperated for patio dining. Keep up the good work and you'll see us again and again and again.Special Features:
- True to other reviewersFamilyofSixVIPDined on 12/30/2013This place was average on the food quality. Their service was really slow. We had to ask for things multiple times. There were only a few tables seated when we arrived and many wait staff. They will need to up their game if they are going to survive in the busy Santa Monica Mall food scene. The location is great, the restaurant has really cool decor and good vibe, but their food is just average and the service left much to be desired.Special Features:
- Fabulous way to lunchDeeblaDined on 12/30/2013We had a family gathering out to lunch, and sat outside and enjoyed the sunny holiday weather. Food was great. Fresh and well prepared. Service was attentive. All in all, a great way to spend a relaxing meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good service. DisappointOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/23/2013Good food, good service. Disappointed that I made a reservation and they sat us in the bar, not the resturant section.
- I really wanted to like it but...OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 12/21/2013It was not good: Soup was returned 2x before it was served at the right temperature. Server offered a substitution of a veg for fries and did not tell us of a $3 surcharge that appeared on the bill. Servers not properly trained in wine service Salad dressing overly sweet My wife was addressed as "sir" We will never return
- Just what this mall needed!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/9/2013I went with my wife for a late afternoon meal and was very pleased. Service was friendly and very attentive. The management visited our table and was welcoming and involved in everyones experience. We started off with the lobster tacos and octopus, both were outstanding. My wife had the lemon oregano chicken with the Mediterranean quinoa and I had their baby back ribs with mash potatoes. everything was perfectly prepared and the ribs, literally fell of the bones. I look forward to coming back and also relaxing while watching sports and having a drink while my wife shops.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceFussyeaterDined on 12/7/2013On Saturday my wife and I had dinner at Redwood Grille. The weather was raining and cold but the food and service was great and warm. The staff was friendly and made us feel like family. This restaurant is quickly becoming one of our fav.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average and unimpressiveSSSMDined on 12/4/2013There is no inspiration to the menu or food preparation. It's a very average and unimpressive restaurant.
- Another perfect eveningFussyeaterDined on 11/8/2013I arrived with my wife and was greeted by a very personable host (I think it was a manager). We started off on the patio and short lye afterward moved inside, it got a little cold outside. We started with some wine and moved on to appetizers and dinner. I had the ribeye steak which has got to be one of the best I've ever had. It was seasoned perfectly and grilled just the way I liked it. My wife had the halibut and it too was cooked perfectly. After dinner some cocktails and the end to a perfect dinner. I've been here before and tonight it was the busiest I've ever seen it. The word must be getting out about this place. I also believe there were a couple of celebrities dinning a few tables over (not sure). The end to a great day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect.FussyeaterDined on 10/21/2013I've been here several times and I've never been disappointed. Great business lunch and a great happy hour. We'll be back again. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.