redwhite & bluezz
37 S. El Molino
Pasadena, CA 91101Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
redwhite & bluezz
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.redwhitebluezz.com/
- Phone: 6267924441x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday-Sunday: 5:00pm - close
Sunday Jazz Brunch: 10:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Californian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Entertainment: Live Jazz daily starting at 6:30pm
A word from redwhite & bluezz
redwhite+bluezz’ cutting-edge American cuisine reinvents classic dishes with style and panache. Our menu features local and sustainably-sourced ingredients prepared by Cordon Bleu trained chefs alongside artisan cheeses and the best wine list in town. With live jazz every night and our award-winning Brunch+All That Jazz every Sunday morning. redwhite+bluezz is the coolest spot in town. Guests enjoy our contemporary take on historic architecture and our casual yet sophisticated atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
redwhite & bluezz reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)romantic (19)special occasion (18)late-night find (17)fit for foodies (14)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (12)notable wine list (11)good for groups (10)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Special experienceKitKatDined on 10/18/2014The restaurant is quaint and perfect for a date. The music and ambiance are excellent. Food selection is somewhat limited but I have always enjoyed everything I have ordered. A special place.Special Features:
- Very blueBubblesVIPDined on 10/12/2014Came for lunch before play. Only 3 items on the menu ( Sunday brunch) and they were out of 1! Should have told me about limited menu and no inside seating. Not going back
- some up's & downsAdvancedScoutDined on 10/12/2014I went there to check this place out for a group event of about 20. They were hosting a LARGE event and I was not advised of this at the time of my reservation for 3people nor before arriving. Our menu choice was limited to 3 dishes not the full menu so we did not get to order what we would have preferred & while they indicate they open @ 10:30am for the Sunday brunch service they were not ready when we arrived for our reservation a bit before 11am. By noon they were up running & in full swing. Would have been nice to know we were going to have a limited menu to choose from. Also the web site for booking indicates it is not there for the Sunday Brunch service so I called red white & bluez to make sure I did in fact have a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014The service was a bit slow. Theree were no beverage refills. We asked for more bread & was told it would be 15 minutes befioe they were available. The rolls never materializes. The portions are too skimpy for th eprice. Vegetables orsalads need to come with entrees ,not priced separately. But, my meal was tasty.Special Features:
- Dinner before the showJerryDined on 10/10/2014This was a very convenient place to eat prior to going to the Pasadena Playhouse. The food was excellent as was the service. Portions are more than generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mid-week MusicrjtvoxDined on 10/7/2014We came in from out of town because we'd seen the website and the music seemed interesting. It was! Two fantastic guitar players were the main event and throughout the evening they had a few younger musicians sit in. The music was never too loud to enjoy the company at our table either. The food selection was great quality with the tuna sashimi starter being the stand-out dish. Our waiter was really good at recommending drinks to go with our menu selections. Will definitely return to this restaurant when in Pasadena again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lois TusanmarmieDined on 10/5/2014Enjoyed a delightful Sunday brunch prior to the theatre matinee. Not rushed, great ambiance and extremely friendly servers.Special Features:
- Dinner is fine, Happy Hour is greatRandyTBDined on 10/4/2014The food was good, but not remarkable. Dinner was a bit pricey for food that was good without being outstanding. The wine selections are very nice and reasonably priced. A friend and I have found it's a great place for after work happy hour because the wine and happy hour dishes are very good and the volume allows for conversation. Still, it's great to have a nice place right next door to the Pasadena Playhouse.
- Great placepopsmitchDined on 10/3/2014Food has been great each time. Mick Taras provided great entertainment. Always enjoy myself.Special Features:
- Food & entertainmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Good location, good food, service ok. Although had reservation table was not ready for 5; Table for 4 or less were available, had to wait for two table to be placed together , but tables were at a different level. Music was good!Special Features:
- lively dinningMarin8erDined on 9/26/2014The live Jazz on Friday nights was outstanding their really is no bad seat at this place. The food was tasty and the wait staff was fast very cordial and accommodating. My wife ordered a drink and it was a bit strong for her and in no time our waiter brought her a different drink. Great customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014It was the perfect place to go before seeing a play at the Pasadena Playhouse. We enjoyed the romantic atmosphere, good music, and delicious food.Special Features:
- Jazzy, good fooddrewjakeDined on 9/20/2014We were dining before an evening show at the Pasadena Playhouse, so the convenience couldn't be beat. The food was excellent, as were the drinks. We left ourselves plenty of time, which was good, as service got a bit slower as the place filled up. Be ready to hear music--there's not really any "far from music" seating, but as long as you're willing to listen to some (fine) music and speak up, it's not intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely EveningHungr4FunDined on 9/19/2014We needed a place to wait for our son, who was attending a school football game. We discovered Red White and Bluezz at the last minute. What a find! Great jazz, delicious food, wonderful service and an ambiance so comfortable that we enjoyed the company of our co-diners as well as each other's. You cannot go wrong here.Special Features:
- Red White and BluezzGonzafrDined on 9/13/2014Nice place to eat and watch a band. There were a lot of people there that talked through the whole show (a lot of chatter). Otherwise its a great place to eat and listen to music.Special Features:
- good food. disprespectful audienceJazzloverDined on 9/13/2014This restaurant has good food and service but if its billed as a jazz club (the music was terrific) then the patrons should at least applaud as in most jazz venues. Only those near the band could hear and respond appropriately. Not the fault of the restaurant, though.Special Features:
- Great food/drink!location not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014I did like the old location much better but understand why they moved. I hope it was worth the move. The food was amazing and the drinks were great just way to far from the Pasadena scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful TimepopsmitchDined on 8/22/2014The restaurant was very clean, service was efficient and the food was excellent. We will be back. Also Mick Taras and friends were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect place...PasadenaJJDined on 8/13/2014We went here for a nice dinner with friends, having driving by the location for the last year. This was the first time for all of us...and what a secret gem we found! The ambiance is subdued and intimate. You feel like you have stepped into a private world and nothing else matters. Every staff member treated us like we were special. The food was well prepared and presented. I enjoyed the evening so much, I went back the next night on my own for dinner. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good meal and great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server could have been friendlierNicolineDined on 7/25/2014Hi, We noticed people being seated after us and they were already getting their food. We timed our food order and our food didn't get to us until 30 minutes after we placed our order. Our server rarely made eye contact and was not rude, but not engaging or friendly either. I like the food and the atmosphere, but a bit too pricey for your money. I would go again, but I hope our server is friendlier. If you pay high prices for a turkey burger, you better get a nicer person.Special Features:
- jeannieVIPDined on 7/20/2014Wait service was poor and they appeared to be untrained: handling utensils at the wrong end; reaching across customer to give bread; never asking how the meal was; we had to ask if there was a desert and were never offered coffee. My Cesar salad was drenched in what tasted like Miracle Whip (I left 3/4 of it). Although there were only 6-7 tables occupied, we waited for over and hour to get our food. Students from local cooking school were suppose to be supervised by a chef although no one appeared to be in charge. A woman was taking ice cream orders from the cooking staff. It is a great location for attending the theatre, however, the total experience was so bad that we will not go back. Great entertainment!
- Wonderful find in Pasadenamgp1VIPDined on 7/16/2014We had a great dinner! The entertainment was fun, they had a band, Great wine list.Special Features:
- Michele EmFoodArtMusicDined on 7/3/2014The Drake Shining Band with Frank Simes, Jamie Hunting and Michael Leasure was the draw for us. Fantastic! The wine list and the food made the evening even better. We had a bottle of Cartlidge & Brown Zin, a plate of Rouge et Noir cheese and Grilled shrimp Caesar salads. Our server was clairvoyant, he was that good. Everything was perfect for a perfect evening. Many people joined our table that evening as well as band members and the waiter kept track of who ordered what and managed to split the tab flawlessly. I can't say enough about the experience. Superb midweek night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/2/2014This is our second time at the new location and although we loved the old location we love this place. The service and food was great. We Will be back!Special Features:
- Dinner & Musicajapeck3Dined on 6/28/2014Nice spot for dinner and music. Food was good. Brazilian jazz was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's The Jazz?KKLAadmanDined on 6/28/2014Brunch menu is very limiting . . almost bar food. And the "jazz" consisted of a lone piano player struggling with notes and chords. Saturday night dinner was a different matter. The menu offered excellent choices and the food was second to none! Kudos to the chefs. However, the "jazz" consisted of a guitar player and a bass player who started 30 to 45 minutes late. Their "jazz" was non-descript chord-change background music. They were said to also have a singer, but she was waiting to sing in a later set "because the diners were so noisy." Flash to singer . . you command the room and get them to listen to you by the quality of your talent! Go for the great dinner food . . expect nothing else.Special Features:
- Next door to Pasadena PlayhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Makes sense if going to Playhouse, either beforeor afterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 195 reviews are from the redwhite & bluezz reviews archive.
- Red White & BluezzGastronomiqueDined on 6/24/2014Both the jazz and the food were high quality. What else is there to say?Special Features:
- Pre-theater excellenceAltadinerDined on 6/22/2014Went to RWB for the first time before a performance at the Playhouse. It was late in the week and they were out of the premium Chardonays by the glass. The bar tender opened an excellent bottle from the bottle only list at our waitstaff request; very nice! The food was excellent, service was attentive but not pushy. I look forward to returning for a late night drink during a live jazz performance.Special Features:
- love this placemayamereDined on 6/21/2014next door to the Pasadena Playhouse so fun to make it a real night out with dinner and theaterSpecial Features:
- Very NiceScottieDined on 6/21/2014I have been to Red White and Bluez a handful of times at the old location under the old ownership, which was always OK. However, the new owners/management have definitely improved the service and food. I have been to the new location once to the bar and once for dinner. Both occasions were great with great service and great food. The music has always been good which provides a nice atmosphere. My only knock is the dining area is much louder in the new location than the previous location...there doesn't seem to be any sound absorbing walls. Regardless, we will definitely be back and make it a part of our restaurant rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTheDatingGuyDined on 6/21/2014This place is perfect for a very nice adult night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday nitepeggyDined on 6/14/2014My first visit at this location. Great restaurant and size. The music was too loud for a conversation and it was nice background jazz. The room is so small speakers are unnecessary. The halibut was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/13/2014I opted to sit in the bar and have dinner before attending a play next door. Food and wine were amazing but service was terrible. I sat at the bar for 10 minutes and still was not acknowledged by the bartender, I finally waved him down and got a menu. Still worth the experience but the service left a "seriously?" bad taste in my mouth.Special Features:
- MarniDined on 6/13/2014The quality of the food started out fine in the kitchen but arrive cold to me. I didn't say anything for the first course, but was surprised that it happened for my steak as well. The chef is presumptuous to assume that we don't need salt and pepper and on the table. It was hard to fine the wait staff to do who had the authority to do just that.Special Features:
- Excellent live musicScottPDined on 6/7/2014I've been to Red White and Bluezz several times, and the bands have all been excellent. They generally have some jazz influence, often mixed with blues and/or rock influences, and occasionally some international flavor. The ability of the players has always been top tier.Special Features:
- DenaDined on 6/7/2014Arrived about 7 - when music was to start according to the website. Musicians did not actually begin playing until 8:15. No recorded music. Service was courteous - but our waiter nowhere to be found for long stretches at a time. Food was good but NOT specrtacular - portions small considering the cost. Musicians that eventually played were competent but 94.7 THE WAVE bland. THIS IS a pretty restaurant but - the pricing is too high when it can't produce SPECIAL in ANY of the categories i judge a restaurant by: food/entertainment/overall pleasure (includes attentive service).
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2014Our hats off the the chef. The food was awesome!! Loved the live jazz!! Staff were all very friendly and accomodating. Definitely a repeat spot!!Special Features:
- DisappointingSuzieDined on 5/25/2014Went for brunch to check out the new location for the first time, and was looking forward to the jazz duo. The acoustics were so poor that all we could hear was the chattering of the other diners, and had to strain to hear the music at all. Service was unhurried, to the point of being slow. The food was good, but they had already run out of what we wanted to order by 12:30. I will not bother to go back.
- Much ado about....nadadisappointedDined on 5/17/2014This place thinks too much of itself. The noise level makes it impossible to hear the music, or yourself. The steak I ordered was tougher than my shoe and, for the price, a rip off. The portions couldn't feed a child. But, the place certainly has the "cool" factor down. Maybe that's why the cool people go. I won't again. Not cool enough, I guess. All of the ratings above are positive and I could not find one positive thing to say. I filled out "kid friendly so I could complete this review.Special Features: