Redwater Rustic Grille - South
9223 Macleod Trail S.
Calgary, AB T2H 0P6Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Redwater Rustic Grille - South
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.redwatergrille.com/
- Phone: 4032534266x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: open from 11:30am Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5pm - 10pm, Friday - Saturday: 5pm - 11pm, Sunday: 5pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Californian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: We are pleased to offer Private Spaces on-site for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Please inquire with Nicole for more details (email@example.com)
- Private Party Facilities: In behind the elegant main dining area and outstanding circular wine cellar, lies a Private Dining Room that can accommodate up to 18 people. Whether it is for a family celebration or an important corporate presentation, our Private Dining Room offers an intimate setting. Illuminated by the burning glow of our fireplace, our Fireside Room is a comfortable scene for semi-private groups of up to 25 and privately holds 50. Just steps away from the main hustle and bustle, the Fireside Room offers guests a softer, warmer dining atmosphere. Within the lounge, our raised areas feature club chair seating and can accommodate smaller groups of up to 10 for an evening of fine wine and dining. The lounge can also offer a great cocktail atmosphere for groups of up to 40.
- Private Party Contact: Chelsea Fennell 4032534266x
- Entertainment: In our lounge there are two TV screens that broadcast all of the Calgary Flames hockey games.
- Special Events: We are pleased to host all types of special functions. We have two Private Dining Rooms; Our Boardroom accommodates 18, and the Fireside Room can seat up to 50. We can also book out sections of the restaurant or lounge. Please inquire with Nicole for more details.
A word from Redwater Rustic Grille - South
Redwater Rustic Grille’s market driven menu is a fresh interpretation of contemporary West Coast Cuisine with signature dishes and innovative creations. A favorite destination for wine-lovers and foodies alike, Redwater’s wine menu features specialties from smaller boutique wineries, many of which are not found elsewhere in the city. The large selection of wine complements the executive chef's menu of seasonal robust dishes. Burnished cherry wood, travertine tile, soft lighting and the large oval glass wine cellar create an ambiance of casual refinement. Servers are warmly professional and their enthusiasm for great food and wine is infectious. Redwater is a proud recipient of the 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 Wine Spectator Awards. Dress: Smart Casual.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Redwater Rustic Grille - South reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (101)notable wine list (62)romantic (61)fit for foodies (55)good for groups (55)neighborhood gem (45)great for lunch (43)hot spot (22)great for outdoor dining (14)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (9)great for brunch (8)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- AmazingAnon333Dined on 9/14/2014The experience was fabulous. Our reservation from open table was there and our table was ready when it was supposed to be. The food was splendid and the timing was impeccable. Our server Matt was kind and knowledgeable. Red Water Grill never missed a beat making sure we had food on our table all the way from the time we sat down to the time we left. I cannot say enough good things about this restaurant; the menu, the staff, the ambiance, everything is top-notch. My steak was perfectly cooked and was smothered in a beautiful, from scratch, brandy and veal stock peppercorn demi glaze. I am very particular about the level of doneness of my steaks and the chef nailed it. Pricing is reasonable considering the level of food and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, but service was offOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014As usual, food and wine were amazing at Redwater. For the first time, I have to complain about the service. Our server was great and very knowledgeable with food pairings. The restaurant itself did not seem abnormally busy, our server was busy and did apologize for it. There was a lot of dead time while we waited for a wine menu, food, drink/ refills, desserts, and even the bill. We ended up being there for over 3 hours. Normally, I would not complain about it but we were there with our 9 and 5 year old daughters. Also found a miscommunication? in the kitchen. We received double order of gluten free buns, as well as a second round of entrees and desserts made their way to our table even after we had eaten.Special Features:
- Always a LOVE experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014We've been many times and every time I want to order one of everything on the menu. I can always feel good about what I've eaten here. We took a couple who has never been before and they were impressed. From the appetizer down to the amazing roasted marshmallow martini for dessert, the food was delicious as always. Peggy is our favourite server and creates such a pleasant experience in every way.Special Features:
- Absolutely fantasticAnniversaryLoveDined on 9/11/2014My husband and myself went there for our wedding anniversary and were treated like royalty! From the time we walked in the front door till the time we left it was amazing. Our server was amazing and knew just when to stop by...we would highly recommend to our family and friends and we will definately be back:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014The food was very good and the server was friendly. Because of the design, it tends to be noisy in the restaurant area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, wine and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014This is a very high quality and consistent restaurant! One of Calgary's top restaurant....but a bit of a secret of gem!Special Features:
- Disappointing birthday dinner!mackinopDined on 9/2/2014Kids meals were delivered 10 min after ordering (great), we then waited more than an hour after that for first signs of adults meals. Seafood pasta was not as described and had to go back (full of grey looking salmon). Had to wait another 15min for replacement. Steak was delivered bare on the plate (literally steak on a plate) 10 min later, steak is gone and still waiting for side. We all enjoyed my partially cooked asparagus for dessert. Two hours of frustration rather than relaxation and enjoyment. No offer to make it right other than "sorry" from server. No visit from manager.
- Good for business or casualClassyDinnerVIPDined on 9/2/2014I have been here several times. The place has good food, friendly servers and quick service. It is not one of those crazy loud downtown restaurants and a great place to have business meetings if you work close by, or your client is nearby.Special Features:
- Uninteresting menuDisappointedDined on 8/29/2014Uninteresting menu (doesn't require fifty characters of written English to express that opinion clearly).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and Cozy atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014I was very impressed by the level of service we received at Redwater Rustic Grille south. I would definitely recommend it to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014My husband and I came to Redwater to celebrate our anniversary. We haven't been to this restaurant in years. The service and food was excellent. It was fairly priced. There were a few families eating dinner and we didn't know that kids were welcome. It was nice to see that. Overall, we would likely return on special occasions.Special Features:
- love2dinelove2dineDined on 8/23/2014the redwater is very good restaurant where i feel comfortable to dine out. It is not first time dine there but is first time booking on line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner Dollar ValueSusieBDined on 8/23/2014For the most part dinner and wine were fine, service was good, however, the prawns and scallops were certainly lacking in size and presentation for the hefty price it came with. (3 small prawns and 4 scallops the size of a quarter seemingly dumped on a bed of about 20 pieces of asparagus-so I didn't gain any weight). The other meals were pasta. For 2 pasta meals, 2 seafood meals, one appetizer, 1 dessert and 2 bottles of wine @ $40 (pretty good wine actually). Bill was $220.00 plus tip. I consider that to be a fair value for wine and dinner (but do not order the seafood dinner if you are hungry). We will go back on occasion as we always do. Still enjoy the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Exceptional as usual.imafanDined on 8/21/2014Once again the Redwater was wonderful. The food was tasty and with the outstanding service can't be beat. It's relaxing to have a night out with great friends visiting and not feel like you have to leave so they can seat someone else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/21/2014Fabulous - food - wine - service - I will be back again and again!!!Special Features:
- Good but crampedStephDined on 8/20/2014My boyfriend and I were looking for a classy place to have a couple steaks and a bottle of wine. The food was great, steaks well cooked. Service was alright, he seemed new at his job and didn't refill our wine glasses for us. The only real complaint was the table we were sat at, cramped and in the middle of a walk way so we were constantly being distracted and jostled by the servers. I'd recommend it but request a table in a more secluded spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodHaleDined on 8/15/2014We had a business lunch where the food was excellent and the service quick and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner OutDebsamomDined on 8/14/2014Absolutely amazing dinner!! Service was fabulous and I can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portions OKnuckincowtownDined on 8/12/2014I understand fine dining however, for a $40 steak dinner the portions are a bit small. One could easily fit the dinner on a bread plate & not the large dinner plate it is served upon. Although tasty in it's own right it would be nice to see a little more in the way of vegetables & other. It did seem odd to be at a fine dining establishment & see a baseball game on the tv screen in the restaurant. I think some nice piano music or other soothing music in the background would be perhaps better suited rather than a ball game. The ball game could be watched at Original Joe's if you need one that bad. Still will go back if to simply enjoy the great service provided by Kara (SP).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The respectable serviceluv4gfDined on 8/10/2014I have Celiac disease and every time I have been my disease is taken seriously. I am given seperate bread with a different knife because the servers are educated and care about dietary issues. Additionally, the food is too die for. Some of the greatest gluten free food I've had in CalgarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Exceptional Service and FoodgorillagirlDined on 8/8/2014We regularly visit Redwater with friends and for 'date nights'. Food is very consistent and wait staff is always friendly and knowledgeable. I have done functions in their private room as well and highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:
- Great food and great serviceNightoutDined on 8/8/2014Having been here numerous times it is one of our favorites. The food is always very good and is not stagnate. The shrimp appetizer is the very best and a staple for the restaurant. Service is very attentive without being overboard. I would highly recommend for lunches with clients as well as an evening meal with someone special. The wine list is extensive and the glassed wine room is the center of attention in the main dining room that is surrounded by booths. There is an outdoor patio that is glassed in from the elements for those that like outdoor dining. It has patio heaters for the cooler nights.Special Features:
- Consistently excellent!BertDined on 8/2/2014We try to get to the Red Water, McLeod Tr. whenever we visit Calgary. Love the wine list, steaks and starters.Special Features:
- food was very goodwine2foodDined on 8/1/2014I've been going to Redwater in the south many times since it has opened. Food is consistently been good and this time, the food did not disappoint. The service was off this time though. Waited a very long time to get our order placed. That's not typically the case, must have been an off-night.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/29/2014Fantastic - food and wine and service.... I will be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014It was a very enjoyable evening. The outside patio was a great place for a date.... :o)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoopyDined on 7/25/2014Food was amazing as always! Took a little longer than usual, but the service and atmosphere was so good we didn't even notice until the waitress apologized for it. Awesome awesome awesome time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedWineandfoodloverDined on 7/25/2014We were first seated near the kitchen which was so noisy had to request to be moved. Steak came medium rare when ordered medium well. Waited 10 minutes for steak to be re-cooked and then came over done though it was a very good steak. Sourdough bread was amazing. Prawn scallop dish was Ok though scallops could have been grilled more, they were not hot by the time the got to the table. Overall the meal was OK but expected more for the price.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2014Incredible food, service and wine!! Dessert was only average. Everything else was amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change of MindCanadianDined on 7/23/2014During the past 11 months we had a two not very good experiences at the Red Water Grille and so had chosen not to go back - didn't even come on our list of desirable places to meet and eat. Decided to try once more - - - Wednesday night was a complete change - a great menu, service excellent and food delicious.Special Features:
- favourite place to catch-updls01Dined on 7/21/2014Great place to catch-up with friends and visit in small groups. The service is never rushed and the servers show up just often enough to keep tabs on things without being intrusive. Food is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014The food - service and wine list were fantastic - I will be back again and again!!!!Special Features:
- Overpriced and slow.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014The prices are high for what you receive. The kitchen was very slow.
- 666LynnDined on 7/14/2014Great food. I had stuffed mushrooms and Ahi Tuna, my husband had stuffed meatballs and 8oz Tenderloin Steak. A bit pricey but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently good foodTasteBudDined on 7/13/2014the food was well prepared and as requested. Allergy requests were accommodated and our server was attentive.Special Features:
- RedWater Grill1prettywomanDined on 7/11/2014Service was good, food was great, and overall had a very nice lunch.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 7/7/2014We were very disappointed. The waiter and service was very poor. He was mainly interested in us ordering a lot of drinks. When having a drink, we had to ask for bread many times before he reluctantly brought some to the table. The pork was terribly salty. No one in our group of four enjoyed their dinner. Cocktails were overpriced. We will not be going back.
- BoomerDined on 7/5/2014Very pleasant evening ,Food was very good service was just right not slow but you did not feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usual!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/4/2014I love eating here! Always great food with outstanding service! We always ask to sit in Peggy's area as she treats you like family. If you are a regular she never forgets your favorites and is an outstanding server. This will always be my favorite place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/service-lots of GF itemsoceanlover998Dined on 7/3/2014This was my first evening dining experience at Redwater south. I have always had good experience with lunch at this place, but I was really blown away by the evening experience. I was really impressed by how much effort was put into offering real gluten-free options (some restaurants claim to offer gluten-free options and then show you a menu of 'gluten-free' items which are almost always gluten-free anyway like ribs). The server was very knowledgeable and helpful with the food and wine menus and the service was excellent.Special Features: