Redwater Rustic Grille - South
9223 Macleod Trail S.
Calgary, AB T2H 0P6Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Redwater Rustic Grille - South
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.redwatergrille.com/
- Phone: (403) 253-4266
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: open from 11:30am Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5pm - 10pm, Friday - Saturday: 5pm - 11pm, Sunday: 5pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Californian
- Executive Chef: Steven Poshtar
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: We are pleased to offer Private Spaces on-site for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Please inquire with Carolyn for more details
- Private Party Facilities: In behind the elegant main dining area and outstanding circular wine cellar, lies a Private Dining Room that can accommodate up to 18 people. Whether it is for a family celebration or an important corporate presentation, our Private Dining Room offers an intimate setting. Illuminated by the burning glow of our fireplace, our Fireside Room is a comfortable scene for semi-private groups of up to 25 and privately holds 50. Just steps away from the main hustle and bustle, the Fireside Room offers guests a softer, warmer dining atmosphere. Within the lounge, our raised areas feature club chair seating and can accommodate smaller groups of up to 10 for an evening of fine wine and dining. The lounge can also offer a great cocktail atmosphere for groups of up to 40.
- Private Party Contact: Carolyn Stephure 4037050577x
- Entertainment: In our lounge there are two TV screens that broadcast all of the Calgary Flames hockey games.
- Special Events: We are pleased to host all types of special functions. We have two Private Dining Rooms; Our Boardroom accommodates 18, and the Fireside Room can seat up to 50. We can also book out sections of the restaurant or lounge. Please inquire with Carolyn for more details.
A word from Redwater Rustic Grille - South
Redwater Rustic Grille’s market driven menu is a fresh interpretation of contemporary West Coast Cuisine with signature dishes and innovative creations. A favorite destination for wine-lovers and foodies alike, Redwater’s wine menu features specialties from smaller boutique wineries, many of which are not found elsewhere in the city. The large selection of wine complements the executive chef's menu of seasonal robust dishes. Burnished cherry wood, travertine tile, soft lighting and the large oval glass wine cellar create an ambiance of casual refinement. Servers are warmly professional and their enthusiasm for great food and wine is infectious. Redwater is a proud recipient of the 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 Wine Spectator Awards. Dress: Smart Casual.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Redwater Rustic Grille - South reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (96)notable wine list (64)good for groups (63)fit for foodies (60)romantic (50)neighborhood gem (42)great for lunch (38)hot spot (28)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (7)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Slow serviceAdemDined on 11/15/2014The evening was nice but the service was extremely slow. We were dining with a group of 6 so not overly large but had an 18 month old with us. We had purposely set reservations for 5:30 in hopes to be out in good time. However our entres didn't come until 7pm and water glass was rarely filled. It was almost 8pm before we were able to leave. Food was good, server as pleasant and helpful, everything was just extremely slowI would recommend this to a friend.
- good service and melt in your mouth steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Love the wine selection and the sauces for the steak are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Evening with our family!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014Great restaurant! very kid friendly, and our server was awesome, we definitely will be dining here again with our family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Order this....CarolADined on 11/12/2014The beef tenderloin was amazing and only made better with the brandy green peppercorn sauce, ask for some melted creamy butter to dip the little potatoes in - that was decadent. If you like Caesar salad you will love theirs - it has a little kick of jalapeno in it... I just can't get enough of it on my romaine hearts... and the NUMBER ONE THING YOU MUST ORDER HERE IS THE WILD SHRIMP... it isn't simply shrimp... its garlic cream spicy chili sauce - this is a must even if all you have is wine and the wild shrimp you won't leave unhappy :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not their best this time!PerfectOccasionDined on 11/10/2014We go to this Redwater location a few times a year, birthdays, anniversaries and parents in town for a visit. The visit this time was fair at best, a little disappointing this time around. Food and service was fair and quite slow. Our server made a point of mentioning that we were behind a large group on several occasions, she was not engaged and didn't take much time to be personable which is not what we have experienced in the past. We are loyal and will return, we all fall off our "A" game occasionally!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AliMDined on 11/8/2014Such a splendid evening! Our family went to celebrate my sons birthday along with his grandparents(as they had never been)Service was outstanding waitress was so helpful and knowledgeable.The food was just delicious and presented beautifully! My son raved about the food and he's only 11! Everyone at the table was so impressed:) I consider it expensive but definitely worth the money! My favorite place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentGreggorDined on 11/7/2014My first time there. Everything concerning our dining at Redwater South was excellent. Starting with the awesome website to book our time and night. It was easy to use and confirmation came immediately. When we struggled with choosing a wine the general manager came over and assisted. He was extremely helpful, friendly and well informed. Salad, meal and desert were incredible. GM came over during the meal and again for night caps and bought my friend's when they didn't have Frangelico. The whole staff made us feel special and that our business was appreciated. You don't find that very much these days. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we went!TerryHDined on 11/4/2014Went for a special lunch today and so glad we chose to Redwater Grill! The service was SO great, and efficient. The prices were more than reasonable for such great food and I was even brought out a piece of birthday cake on them. We were there on a Tuesday and told that Tuesday was the wine night of the week so got it for a great rate and took the rest of the bottle home. I would definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- Stress Free DinneroldfoodiegalDined on 11/2/2014My young adult son has serious allergies and had a bad experience dining out at another restaurant (NOT Redwater Grille) and was very nervous about eating out again. I informed Redwater about his allergies and the server was aware of it, and was very understanding. We enjoyed our meal and my son knows he can dine there safely, and not have to worry. Thanks!Special Features:
- HmmmmHermioneDined on 10/29/2014Had the same meal I always have but it just wasn't quite as good as previously. Shrimp and scallops were smaller and with the "side" in a small casserole dish the presentation was very ordinary and not elegant. I don't like the new a la carte menu for sides, either.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014The food was great as was the service, but the noise level was terrible. It was hard to carry on a conversation and both the server and ourselves had difficulty understanding each other. Otherwise a nice evening.Special Features:
- Delicious food!April12Dined on 10/25/2014I had a great meal here and overall was happy with the night. My only complaints would be that the waiter completely bailed on us after we had paid the bill. We stayed and chatted for a bit and I would have loved a water top up. The restaurant was quiet at that time so it was not like he was super busy. Also, I found the prices for glasses of wine to be atrocious. Charging $23.95 for 8oz of wine is robbery!Special Features:
- Peggy's there for you!luvrdwtrVIPDined on 10/24/2014We are regulars @ the macleod location (birthdays, wedding anniversary, visiting friends). Peggy always provides exceptional service. It is a treat to sit in her section. We are creatures of habit ... often ordering our favorite meals (recommend the pork chop and chicken pappardelle). Start your night with a glass of prosecco. CheersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyable!luvfinediningDined on 10/18/2014We always enjoy our time at Red Water and our 6th wedding anniversary was no different. Thanks again for great food and a great place for the hubby and I to go for date nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealHappydinerDined on 10/17/2014Great food and service. I have a lot of food allergies and was able to find quite a few things to eat. The staff were very helpful and caring with my allergies. It's hard to find restaurants that can cater to someone with an egg, gluten and dairy allergy. Our meals were very tasty. We definitely will go back. Lovely evening.Special Features:
- Excellent foodLuv2eatDined on 10/17/2014When we get tired of the average food in other restaurants,we know we can rely on Red Water Grill to save the day. We have always received great food and service, they never disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The food was delicious, expensive when you have to buy vegetables or side dish for such a small portionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perennial favouriteCanSanDined on 10/14/2014We have been going to Redwater South for 7 years and have never been disappointed. I have been to a couple of the other Redwater Grilles in Calgary and they don't have the ambiance this one has, and I have been disappointed with the food at one of them. This Redwater has probably the best restaurant design/décor I have experienced. Elegant, yet reasonably casual. The food is also excellent. The braised calamari is one of my favourites. I had the braised lamb shank for the first time and it was delicious! The butternut squash agnolotti is also a favourite of mine, and they also do one of the best double cut pork chops to be had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 10/11/2014This is a great place to celebrate with friends and family, but very loud . If your group has people who have ringing in the ear or are not comfortable in loud areas then this is not for them as they will have difficulty hearing their dining partner conversations. Meals are very nicely presented and the serving staff is very attentive. We have nut allergies when we dine and this restaurant is very good at modifying and keeping food nut free for us.We love to dine here.Recommend the tuna, salmon, lamb, and steak.Special Features:
- DonMDined on 10/9/2014As always great food, great service, great ambience..thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/8/2014This restaurant is always reliable for good food and prices. We had a new waitress who was not great, but I am sure that will improve. We frequent 2 different Redwater Grills and the menu is the same. Its about time for a change, More (and different) appies and definitely different Chefs accompaniments. All in all, still a great place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- South Calgary GemClassicDined on 10/6/2014Mature Servers, spacious, large wine list, great for full meal or just drinks and appy's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceDiningduoDined on 10/5/2014We enjoyed the food, the wine and our server was friendly and knowledgableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice venue, great food.AndyPDined on 10/3/2014The restaurant has a nice feel to the place. Clean and kept to a high standard. Designed in a circular shape makes it unusual and interesting. The food is of a high quality but I feel a little overpriced. That said I would return and would recommend this to friends. Our server was attentive and able to answer our questions. Meal preparation was slow, so if you are in a rush maybe this is not the place for you. But if you want a relaxing evening to enjoy and savour meal I would definately recommend this place. You can make reservations online which I would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedTasteBudDined on 10/1/2014The appetizers and mains are not vegan friendly and there are too many items where dairy and meat are mixed ( lactose problems difficult to address). The dessert items were even more limited. Bring back the trio.My own allergy problems of shell fish were well accommodated and the server offered to check the crab cake. The menu did not refer to shrimp, prawns, or other seafood in the crab cake but thankfully she offered to check and as a result I had the salad only as there were shrimp in the crab cakes. Initially I was offered sparkling or flat water as a choice for a beverage by another server. I prefer tap water & found out that tap water was a choice when my table mates joined me as the regular server offered three choices.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/30/2014Great food - service - wine list I will be back again and againSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/30/2014Wow - again great food, amazing service Another bottle of stellar wine. I will be back very soon.Special Features:
- Great DinnerCindyDined on 9/29/2014I had the Ahi tuna - perfect! the veggies were wonderful as well. Ordered the feature red wine - did not like it - no problem waitress said we did not need to keep that wine and we ordered a nice Malbec.Special Features:
- It is ok.RebeccaDined on 9/27/2014Food seems to be in decline. we went there a while back and food seems not quite as good as i remember from the first time, still good just not as good.Special Features:
- Excellent experience!DairyFreeDined on 9/27/2014I have a dairy allergy and our waitress was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the menu. No manager came to the table so I didn't feel like a spectical but as each plate was set in front of me i was reminded that the food was dairy free. I had the lamb which was phenomenal. I often feel in restaurants that the dairy free options are normal options minus the tastiness, however this lamb was the best meal I have had in a restaurant in probably 2 years. There was also a dairy free dessert option (very rare) of sorbet which was creamy and flavorful. It was a great evening with great food and excellent service. If you have a gluten or dairy allergy this is a great option. (My gluten and dairy eating husband also loved his meal).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but slowCoonerDined on 9/27/2014It took asking our server after over an hour had passed from ordering to start our meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014The staff went above and beyond to ensure our dining experience was top-notch.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/23/2014WOW - fabulous food - wine and service - will be back again and again!!!Special Features:
- noproblemDined on 9/20/2014This was our second dinning experience at Redwater Rustic Grill. Overall, a very good experience. There must of been a problem with our second visit with our main meal because we waited a while for the food to arrive. But the food was hot and was what we ordered.Special Features:
- Definite mustOrlandofanDined on 9/18/2014I came here with coworkers for lunch. We ordered Lobster Tacos, Stuffed Meatballs and Braised beef Poutine - loved the meatballs and poutine. I have ordered the Butternut Squash Agnolotti before and had to order it this time too. My coworkers ordered Beet salad with salmon, Ahi Tuna salad, and C.A.B. sandwich - everyone loved their entrees. And we ordered the Creme Brûlée and Colossal Carrot Cake to share, I absolutely loved the creme brûlée. Service was great, very personable, food came quick, will be back!Special Features:
- AmazingAnon333Dined on 9/14/2014The experience was fabulous. Our reservation from open table was there and our table was ready when it was supposed to be. The food was splendid and the timing was impeccable. Our server Matt was kind and knowledgeable. Red Water Grill never missed a beat making sure we had food on our table all the way from the time we sat down to the time we left. I cannot say enough good things about this restaurant; the menu, the staff, the ambiance, everything is top-notch. My steak was perfectly cooked and was smothered in a beautiful, from scratch, brandy and veal stock peppercorn demi glaze. I am very particular about the level of doneness of my steaks and the chef nailed it. Pricing is reasonable considering the level of food and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Great food, service was little on the slow side, but server apologized. Loved being able to reserve a table, so no waiting, and guaranteed a table at time requested.Special Features:
- Great Food, but service was offlovewineDined on 9/12/2014As usual, food and wine were amazing at Redwater. For the first time, I have to complain about the service. Our server was great and very knowledgeable with food pairings. The restaurant itself did not seem abnormally busy, our server was busy and did apologize for it. There was a lot of dead time while we waited for a wine menu, food, drink/ refills, desserts, and even the bill. We ended up being there for over 3 hours. Normally, I would not complain about it but we were there with our 9 and 5 year old daughters. Also found a miscommunication? in the kitchen. We received double order of gluten free buns, as well as a second round of entrees and desserts made their way to our table even after we had eaten.Special Features:
- Always a LOVE experience3ducksmomDined on 9/12/2014We've been many times and every time I want to order one of everything on the menu. I can always feel good about what I've eaten here. We took a couple who has never been before and they were impressed. From the appetizer down to the amazing roasted marshmallow martini for dessert, the food was delicious as always. Peggy is our favourite server and creates such a pleasant experience in every way.Special Features:
- Absolutely fantasticAnniversaryLoveDined on 9/11/2014My husband and myself went there for our wedding anniversary and were treated like royalty! From the time we walked in the front door till the time we left it was amazing. Our server was amazing and knew just when to stop by...we would highly recommend to our family and friends and we will definately be back:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.