Redwater Rustic Grille - Northwest
1935 Uxbridge Drive NW
Calgary, AB T2N 2V2Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Redwater Rustic Grille - Northwest
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.redwatergrille.com/
- Phone: 4032200222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Californian
- Executive Chef: Eric Mah
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have an elegant but cozy private dinning room located on the lower floor of the restaurant. We’d be pleased to accommodate 18 for dinner or 30 for cocktails in this space. We can also accommodate large parties on the main floor in our lounge area or dining room area, which are both available for full private bookings.
- Private Party Contact: Kristi Collins 4032200222
A word from Redwater Rustic Grille - Northwest
At Redwater Rustic Grille we’ve combined a dining atmosphere on par with the best restaurants of Calgary’s downtown core, with the convenience of an ideal location beside the Foothills Hospital in NW Calgary. The restaurant's décor and design complement the vibrancy and freshness of the food, making Redwater’s beautifully illuminated space one of the city's hottest dining destinations. Burnished cherry wood, soft lighting and large red club chairs in the centre of the room create an ambiance of casual refinement. Servers are warmly professional and their enthusiasm for great food and wine is infectious. This northwest neighborhood gem is also the proud recipient of the 2008 Wine Spectator award. Dress is smart casual. Please note hats are not permitted and we do not have highchairs/booster seats or children's menus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Redwater Rustic Grille - Northwest reviews from OpenTable diners
- Another excellent meal withOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/5/2012Another excellent meal with fantastic service. I'll come back often!Special Features:
- Good for the priceclonedmilkmenDined on 11/2/2012The food was salty. It really struck me a few hours after the meal how salty it really was. My steak was cooked perfectly. The brandy green pepper sauce was a real treat. The accompaniments with the steak were wonderful. I had low expectations for broccoli and mashed potatoes, but the kitchen staff made them interesting and wonderful. The décor is nice. We didn't feel crowded or out of place even though our seat was in the middle of the room. The wine list is long, and the staff are quite helpful with it. I wish they offered a higher end flight of reds. We had a bottle of Cedar Creek Platinum Meritage 2007. Importantly, they decanted it which made a difference.Special Features:
- Personally I like to entertainOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2012Personally I like to entertain Clients and find it a good place except I don't find it uncomfortable sitting in the table for two.If you have some paperwork ,it not the the place to display.Special Features:
- Amazing service! My daughterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/27/2012Amazing service! My daughter was having her sweet sixteen and they made her, and the entire table, feel very special. Even brought her a piece of cake with a candle. Would definitely recommend Redwater to others.Special Features:
- The sommelier was a littleTrevorDined on 10/26/2012The sommelier was a little annoying... but aren't they all.Special Features:
- Red Water did an excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2012Red Water did an excellent job of making our anniversary special, especially with the complimentary champagne. The food was excellent, the service was outstanding and I am beyond satisfied with our evening. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- I'm getting a little boredOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/22/2012I'm getting a little bored with Redwater's menu. The specials seem a lot like the regular menu items. The restaurant was very noisy, our table was drafty and the service was very slow.
- My chicken was good, but wetwodinersDined on 10/21/2012My chicken was good, but we had to ask for drink refills, and we were not overly impressed with the waiter...he seemed rather flustered and more interested in waiting on the other tables than ours for some reason...took a long time to give our drink orders and then for them to come. The restaurant was not that busy, but he seemed to be overwhelmed!
- Ok but other places for priceNormDined on 10/20/2012A bit of a disappointing visit recently with the family. While the service was friendly and efficient with well appointed staff, the food has notably declined over the years. From the slightly dry bread (nice herb butter) to the flavourful but not creamy risotto to the properly grilled but thin somewhat stringy strip loin, it's a step down from the corporate generic but consistent food of the neighboring Keg. And it's a bit of a fall compared to nearby Notables, it's twin restaurant in the south, it's sister Vintage Chophouse and even it's own food of a few years back. I missed the dense beefy flavour of the thick cut, reduction glazed bison rib eye that is no longer on the menu. At least the salads remain pretty good.
- Redwater is always a greatSurprisedVIPDined on 10/18/2012Redwater is always a great place to eat! The food is always good and the server was fantastic!Special Features:
- Food was excellent and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012Food was excellent and the staff really make the evening!!Special Features:
- We enjoyed the food a lotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2012We enjoyed the food a lot but had a bit of an issue about the amount of salt in the meat sauces. Two of our diners have blood pressure issues so the saltiness of this sauce wasn't good for them. One other thing - I ordered the pasta dish (don't recall the name??) that was supposed to have 'prawns' in it but what I got was more like smallish shrimp and then only five in the whole dish?!? Overall though the meal, service, wine etc. was a hit.Special Features:
- Despite making reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2012Despite making reservations we were made to wait for thirty minutes. The menu was confusing and despite the recommendations of our server, we were still confused. The appetizers were vey good and that's abut it. The price was outrageous. And not interested in going back.
- One of the best in my list!GregDined on 10/12/2012This has been one of my favorite dining experiences of all time! The food was amazing, and the service was awesome. We made reservations for our 8 yr wedding anniversary (having never heard of the place but some good reviews), and it was perfect! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone, as long as you don't mind a small amount of noise (it was very busy, but still really pleasent).Special Features:
- NOT GOOD !!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/7/2012This was not a good experience. We were a party of 4. Myself,my husband,my son and 83 year old father. The food was not good. My husband and son said their steaks were ok,but the salmon myself and father had was not. The portions of salmon were very small. The carrots so hard you could not pierce them with a fork. The asperagus was very dry and stringy. My father sent the carrots back to be cooked more,but did not receive them back before he finished his very scimpy meal. The so called mile high pie had undercooked topping and dry and tastless lemon tart. This was a much looked forward to get together, and we left very disapointed. I was going to say something when we were there, but my father didn't want to make a fuss. We will not be back
- over pricedhaggi43Dined on 10/6/2012while the food was good the amount for the money was a bit disappointing i am of the old style i do not go for the food to look like a work of art arranged on big plate and the carrots are hardly cooked (that works for rabbits) 5 small potatoes and a piece of salmon (3inx3in) not worth the cash??Special Features:
- Very friendly and attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2012Very friendly and attentive service which is always appreciated.
- Duck confit salad withoutCHILDS88Dined on 10/5/2012Duck confit salad without the .they ran out.have 2small tasteless shrimp tails instead on a bed oflettuce. BBC
- First class all the way. MyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012First class all the way. My family always wants to go here for a special occasion. Great food and friendly staff!!!!!!Special Features:
- Neighbourhood GemTansayDined on 9/27/2012Ladies night out and had a nice time at the Redwater Grill. It's walking distance from home for us both so we didn't have to worry about a second glass of wine. We split an the crab cakes as our appetizer and that was lovely. Our main courses -- hers a spinach salad with chicken (even the half was huge!) and my half order of chicken pappardelle were also very tasty. At first sight I thought I'd made a mistake by ordering the small pasta plate, however the richness of the dish meant that a half order was just perfect. The waiter and hostess were attentive and professional. We'be both been to the restaurant before and will undoubtedly go again. The menu is varied and tasty and the serving staff consistently professional.Special Features:
- My wife and I had a quietOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/24/2012My wife and I had a quiet lunch. Superb salads. Very good service. Well-priced. It could not have been better.Special Features:
- Excellent service and amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012Excellent service and amazing food! Everything from the crab cakes at the start, to the grilled shrimp ans scallops was made to perfection. The chocolate soufflé was unbelievable and is recommended to anyone who goes there. Excellent signature drink menu.Special Features:
- My husband had tomato salad,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012My husband had tomato salad, steak w/mango lime sauce and potatoes & carrots, and lemon meringue pie and I had the tuna salad, steak w/maple ancho sauce with beets & broccolini and 2 orders of the dark chocolate souffle. I have extremely high expectations when dining out as I eat very cleanly & consider myself an adventurous cook and baker. The food had a couple disappointments (I prefer no disappointments when paying $170 for a meal)- the tuna salad was drenched in dressing and had barely visible pieces of avocado, jicama and the other ingredients which are the the reason I ordered it and the mashed potatoes were very bland. That said, I ordered two helpings of the dark chocolate souffle, which was divine. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Overall quite good - portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2012Overall quite good - portions are on the small size so if you are a large eater, you may want to ensure you have an appetizer or salad. Prices are above "family dining" level but not bad. Food was tasty, service was excellent. A good experience!Special Features:
- The restaurant is clean, greatTweetyDined on 9/21/2012The restaurant is clean, great interior & setting. Food was perfect. Steaks melt in your mouth!Special Features:
- I'm not sure what it is butculinaryoVIPDined on 9/21/2012I'm not sure what it is but Redwater seems to have a salad problem. No matter which location I go to I get "mungy" wilted salad. Do I just have bad salad karma or has anyone else had this issue??Special Features:
- My guest and I had a lot ofOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2012My guest and I had a lot of catching-up to do,, great place to talk and our server sensed we would take some time. We ordered two different salads for a light lunch and they were both terrific.Special Features:
- Redwater has been a favouriteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2012Redwater has been a favourite for many years and we are always impressed by the good service; however, this time our waitress was less than attentive and needed to be asked several times for drink orders, dessert menus, etc. It was disappointing as this was a special occasion.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2012Five of us went for a weekday business lunch, expecting good food and to be out in an hour. It took over 50 minutes for the food to arrive and the waitress was rarely available. One of the group had a very over cooked burger but otherwise the food was reasonable.Special Features:
- We are frequent patrons ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012We are frequent patrons of the Redwater Grill and have always had spectacular food and service. This is my first experience to have my meal not cooked to what I had ordered. I did explain this to the server and they did offer to take the meal back to have redone to my liking but we did not have time for this as we were having to go to another engagement that evening nor did I want to sit there while the other person I was having dinner with ate while I waited for my meal. We were offered a free desert which was kind, however, not the equivalent of the expensive cut of meat that I had ordered. So as I said it was the first and a very rare occurance that I have had with dining here. I will return I just think that it was a hiccup.Special Features:
- Parking is a real problem.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012Parking is a real problem. Steaks arrived very quickly and were over cooked. Felt very rushed, in and out in less than an hour. Seating location was poor, had a view of the arriving parties which was very distracting. Previous visits were much better so willing to try again.
- Went to the restaurant toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2012Went to the restaurant to celebrate a team members promotion. As this was a work event we could not have alcohol. We really appreciated that there was a list of virgin drinks beyond pop/coffee available.Special Features:
- My experience this time aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2012My experience this time around was great. The server was friendly unlike the lastt time I was there with a group of colleagues. Food is always goodSpecial Features:
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/6/2012The food was excellent and the service very good and attentive. Will be back again :)Special Features:
- Went for dinner with friends.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2012Went for dinner with friends. Service was good, food was good although our salad were missing the Parmesan cheese. When we mentioned it to the server she promptly returned with some and mentioned that the person on the salad line was new. My initial glass of red wine was off - the bottle had been open for a while. The server returned with a new bottle without any debate. Overall a nice experience.Special Features:
- The food was excellent includingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2012The food was excellent including appetizers; the dessert a big small for the price but just as well. The service and the waitress were excellent.Special Features:
- Slow and disappointing service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012Slow and disappointing service. Food was okay but forgettable. Would not return.
- A dining treat2happydinersDined on 9/1/2012Our evening was an anniversary celebration, and we were presented complimentary glasses of sparkling wine to begin. We enjoy coming to this restaurant for the food and pleasant atmosphere. My wife loved her Shrimp and scallops entree, and I thoroughly enjoyed my ribeye steak. Cooked to perfection. Our server Jody was very attentive and helpful. All in all, an extremely enjoyable dining experience. We live in the area and it's a pleasure to have a nearby fine dining establishment for special occasions.Special Features:
- The food very good and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012The food very good and the service was also. A nice atmosphere for a birthday.Special Features:
- My second time to Red WaterAllsweetnessDined on 8/31/2012My second time to Red Water Grille and the food was exceptionally good and love how accommodating they are to gluten free diets.Special Features: