Redwater Rustic Grille - Northwest
1935 Uxbridge Drive NW
Calgary, AB T2N 2V2Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Redwater Rustic Grille - Northwest
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.redwatergrille.com/
- Phone: 4032200222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Californian
- Executive Chef: Eric Mah
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from Redwater Rustic Grille - Northwest
At Redwater Rustic Grille we’ve combined a dining atmosphere on par with the best restaurants of Calgary’s downtown core, with the convenience of an ideal location beside the Foothills Hospital in NW Calgary. The restaurant's décor and design complement the vibrancy and freshness of the food, making Redwater’s beautifully illuminated space one of the city's hottest dining destinations. Burnished cherry wood, soft lighting and large red club chairs in the centre of the room create an ambiance of casual refinement. Servers are warmly professional and their enthusiasm for great food and wine is infectious. This northwest neighborhood gem is also the proud recipient of the 2008 Wine Spectator award. Dress is smart casual. Please note hats are not permitted and we do not have highchairs/booster seats or children's menus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Redwater Rustic Grille - Northwest reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)fit for foodies (34)neighborhood gem (31)romantic (30)great for lunch (29)good for groups (28)notable wine list (20)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (7)late-night find (6)hot spot (3)Show More
- Not ImpressedLunchGuyDined on 9/19/2014I have been to this place several times in the past with a good experience. However it has gone way downhill, food that is at best OK and service that is not even close to ok. For the prices they charge they need to kick it up more than just a couple of notches.
- Not goodCymruDined on 9/18/2014The three of us ordered our meals. Mine came and it was good. The other two meals were cold and dry and were sent back . To be fair they were replaced - but 30 minutes later by which time my meal was finished !!! The compensation of a "free" desert as just not appropriate . Once the two meals were taken away my meal should have also been removed and replaced and all three meals returned to our table at the same time . The evening was spoiled .
- OutstandingLovefoodDined on 9/10/2014My husband and I had a lovely dinner on a Wednesday night. Although we were first seated by a large group just standing having drinks I asked to be moved away from the group. We ended up by the bar/lounge...it was perfect. The yam fries were outstanding...yes hot and crispy! The steaks were perfect! Thank-you for a wonderful evening...even the feature bottle of red wine was very yummy. Oh yes, share the huge carrot cake with the dome one you loveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Ambience and ServicehungryfishDined on 9/9/2014Excellent service, good ambience, and very nice food. I was entertaining an out of town guest, with a group of local friends. We enjoyed ourselves very much. It's nice have a place with good food, comfortable booths and good service so close to the university.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinner2happydinersDined on 9/1/2014Redwater (Stadium location) remains one of our favourite restaurants for occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries, or simply just to celebrate a night out. We enjoy the quality of the food at Redwater and appreciate the presentation and overall ambience of the restaurant. On our last visit on Sept. 1 our server, Cally, was cheerful, attentive and helpful throughout our meal. A pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2014Took my brother and sister to lunch for their birthdays. The food was great and the service was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very bad waitressDiningoutisfunVIPDined on 8/29/2014We have been going to Redwater for years and have always had great food/service, so we will be back, however.This past Friday we made reservations for date night and our waitress was terrible. She interrupted us in mid-sentence at least 3 times.When our food came with the wrong sides and the sauce on my steak, we mentioned that the sides were wrong and she started to take the plates away.My husband asked if the sauce was correct, as I always order the same sauce, and she snapped that it was correct. She returned the plates with the sides corrected and the wrong sauce which I ate. She sort of threw the bill onto our table, and then came back once I had put my card down and wanted to know if she needed to wait for my husband to pay.Special Features:
- First TimerthecodfatherDined on 8/27/2014Took a girl here on a first date, normally I wouldn't go somewhere so pricey for that occasion but I've always wanted to try Red Water. Server was great, wish I could remember her name. Food was exceptional - ordered the crab cakes to start and the short rib ragu. Best pasta I've ever had. Good ambiance and decent prices for the quality of food you're receiving.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014Very good food, a little expensive., a good ambiance. It was busy for a Wednesday night with several large groups that affected theservice.Special Features:
- 5 starcalgarybarryDined on 8/23/2014Excellent evening out! The service was great and the food was superb. Lots of free parkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites!StaceNAndyDined on 8/18/2014We showed up and the initial reception was warm and friendly. Had a couple drinks, and my wife says the Caesars are the best - I had a Lemonaid, no canned stuff house made and awesome. I started with a chicken taco appy, my wife had the crab cakes and was raving about them, I usually don't like them but these were good - not overly fishy. My main was the braised boneless short rib over veggies and a side of mushrooms. The meat was soft and delicious packed with flavor - it came with a side of compound butter - totally not needed, I tried it and just shoved it aside. The mushrooms were warm and earthy, not overcooked or mushy - again usually I'm not a fan of them but these were outstanding... The bill was very reasonable, and we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningCprudcalgDined on 8/17/2014We celebrated a special occasion and found it to be gluten-friendly with attentive service and great food. The glassware was beautifully polished (a detail I always notice). The main entrees were a bit pricey, but I felt that I certainly received the quality I paid for.Special Features:
- DisappointingKittyDined on 8/16/2014My experience here was very underwhelming. Our waitress was disinterested, pushed my friend to have her soup before her entree when she had requested to have them together. Waitress also paid no attention to us after our main courses has been brought to the table. We had to physically get her to come to us. We ordered coffee and dessert. Expresso machine not working. Then we were waiting forever for dessert and when it came it was the wrong one. Waitress dismissed it and said she was sure we had ordered what had come. No apologies. Food was mediocre at best. The spices in the dish I had were not balanced and I my mouth was on fire. Nothing in the description of dish mentioned that kind of 'hot' spice. I would not recommend going here.
- NonDiningConnoisseurDined on 8/13/2014I have been here quite a number of times for lunch as it is convenient to work. Previous times had some timing issues with food being served within the hour. This occasion it was quick, service was attentive and food tasted great.Special Features:
- As always awesomeSnacker15Dined on 8/12/2014The food and wine were awesome. I met a friend for a meal and to catch up on what was going on in our lives. The room was comfortable and allowed us to sit and chat for a good long time.
- PickerelSalutDined on 8/11/2014Having fresh pickerel as the current catch made the difference. Pickerel is such a delicate fish it could have been less highly spiced, but it was still a delicious treat. Desserts were good-sized as well as very tasty.Special Features:
- great restaurant to dine outlove2dineDined on 8/10/2014it is a great restaurant to dine out and have great pepole working over there. Restaurant need a person to answer the phone when we make a reservation. I don't have a problem to go on line and book myself but old people are not familiar with computer and if you don't reply back for reservation they will go somewere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicedinerDined on 8/9/2014Our waiter, Nick, was excellent. Very attentive and professional. Knew the menu and was able to make excellent suggestions when asked. Very personable. Made the evening fun! Thank you Nick for the great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before the Stampeders gameOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Service was upbeat and timely. Gave us time to talk, enjoy wine and food before the football. All of thought it was a perfect place, noise level energetic but too loud. The seafood fetticini was a hit.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/31/2014Food was fantastic and prepared with great care and attention to quality, freshness and presentation. Service was also attentive and excellent. Would definitely come back here with our group.Special Features:
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Reserved at red water to celebrate our 4 birthdays. Everything started off well. When it came to ordering/eating The restaurant was out of a few dishes. One of the appetizers we ordered was quite bland. When we ordered and received our entrees, 3 out 4 of them were cold and under cooked. Flavor was rather bland. When it came to the staff apologizing and compensating 4 ppl came to our table in a row. Which was too much. And I don't feel for what happened our bill was compensated enough. The atmosphere and presentation was very nice. But the restaurant definitely needs to pick up it's socks on their menuSpecial Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2014Our server was very friendly and accommodating to our dietary needs...the food was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cyclegirlDined on 7/21/2014Excellent dinner. All attending enjoyed their selections. The lobster taco appetizer was amazing. Service was also excellent. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Delicious food... at"the BIG table"LovetoDineDined on 7/21/2014Delicious food! Great service although, the staff had not queued in that the humongous leather chairs are too low and too far from the table. Our table of 4 adults felt like we were kids sitting at "the big table". Probably great for those taller people. There were other types of tables in the restaurant that were better sized in relationship to the seating so you may want to consider requesting these.Special Features:
- Mediocre at best.snapps1Dined on 7/19/2014The restaurant was somewhat empty even though it was dinner time. No complaints there as it would mean better and faster service. Not in this case. After the server took the order, he disappeared completely for the rest of the night. I believe he did come by to say "How is the food?" but there was no refills for water throughout the entire meal and the order for extra addon (prawns + scallops) was completely forgotten. I had to ask another server that was cleaning the nearby table for the forgotten order, which he brought in about 10 minutes. The food was average at best. Not to mention, my side dish (mushrooms) was not even warm. I would rather pay less and go to the Keg for better food and service.
- Great dinnerElaine1044VIPDined on 7/19/2014Four of us went for a birthday celebration and had a great time. Our server Jody was very attentive and our meals prepared by chef Jamie-Lynn were all delicious. This is my favourite Redwater Rustic Grill location. We'll be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really liked itMickeyVIPDined on 7/6/2014Located in the corner of a strip mall within a 5 minute walk of the University oc Calgary campus, Redwater's modern interior is a nice surprise. The youthful, energetic staff are clearly well trained and service is friendly and efficient. The food is very good - I highly recommend the chicken taco appetizer, which was so good that I'm happy to return just to have them as my main. The only miss was the extremely uncomfortable wing back chairs. It's unlikely that the designer ever sat in those chairs for a meal, because they're horribly uncomfortable, and too low relative to the table. They're awkward to get into and out, and are too close to the table. This is the only issue preventing me from returning tonight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Redwater - FantasticAK15Dined on 7/5/2014Grabbed a last minute reservation at the Redwater - great food - great location! Had the Kale salad and Salmon - perfection. Other meals at the table were Ahi Tuna, Lamb Shank and Pasta - everyone loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh food, not oversaltedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014Great taste combinations, fresh ingredients, short ribs melt like butter. Very good experience overall. A little pricey, but worth it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2014We enjoyed our food and the service was excellent - a pleasant eveningSpecial Features:
- Enjoyed the foodFlowerdrumsongVIPDined on 6/30/2014Lovely, tasty food at Redwater Rustic Grill although my quinoa was a tad salty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We keep returning, happily.summer2013Dined on 6/29/2014Better than a steakhouse, comfortable for a family night (our sons are adults), consistently delicious.Special Features:
- Not very goodnotimpressedDined on 6/26/2014HI There, We brought our grandparents there the other night thinking it would be a nice place. The server had such a thick accent our grandparents could not understand what he was saying. They didn't have beer on tap and then the manager came over to tell us what beers they did have. he was not even sure himself, kept saying i think we have this one and i think we might have this one. very un professional! telling us that bottled beer a was being short shipped and how they can't control that, so un appropriate. Kept focusing on what he didin't have, i was almost embarrassed for this place. The attitude/character of the server and manager were very odd for such a fancy "looking" place. Food was good, but I was not overly impressed.
- Divine arctic char experience!winendineDined on 6/26/2014Thank you for an absolutely wonderful dinner experience recently. I was going to order a different entree but chose the arctic char special instead. Outstanding! So was the steak my dinner partner ordered. We asked our server to please let the chef know how delicious our entrees were. Excellent experience all round. Thank you. We'll be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!FoodieDined on 6/25/2014I have eaten at many RedWater locations in Calgary and absolutely love the food. This location didn't disappoint. For an appy we had the prawns, stuffed mushrooms and the meatballs- so delicious ! I had a 8oz tenderloin with the chili butter sauce- to die for! Would definitely recommend this place to anyone- make sure you make resos tho!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very SatisfiedGFY1Dined on 6/25/2014I booked Redwater on Uxbridge (16th Ave) for our 20th anniversary dinner. I requested a quiet table in my OpenTable reservation. Upon arrival our anniversary was acknowledged and we were given a nice, quiet table for two and complementary glasses of sparkling wine. Very nice! The was food great (shrimp appy, seafood pasta, filet mignon and sorbet dessert) and the service excellent. Couldn't ask for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014Food was very good - some errors were made by the kitchen, however, when brought to our servers attention he had the corrected immediately. Very noisey (open high ceilings) but seems to be the going atmosphere for resturants now. Will definitly be back and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- P BerryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/16/2014Service was a little slow otherwise very good dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Good service, poor foodYumsteakDined on 6/15/2014Ordered my steak rare, but it came close to well done. Shows the chefs weren't paying attention to what they were doing at all to overcook a rare steak this much. Veggies were heavily salted. Manager was nice enough to compensate half the price, but they should have compensated the whole thing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2014Would have liked to be able to have the music played a little louder.. think it was nice dining music but too low to tell. Otherwise a very nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.