Redwater Rustic Grille - Northwest
1935 Uxbridge Drive NW
Calgary, AB T2N 2V2Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Redwater Rustic Grille - Northwest
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.redwatergrille.com/
- Phone: 4032200222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Californian
- Executive Chef: Eric Mah
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from Redwater Rustic Grille - Northwest
At Redwater Rustic Grille we’ve combined a dining atmosphere on par with the best restaurants of Calgary’s downtown core, with the convenience of an ideal location beside the Foothills Hospital in NW Calgary. The restaurant's décor and design complement the vibrancy and freshness of the food, making Redwater’s beautifully illuminated space one of the city's hottest dining destinations. Burnished cherry wood, soft lighting and large red club chairs in the centre of the room create an ambiance of casual refinement. Servers are warmly professional and their enthusiasm for great food and wine is infectious. This northwest neighborhood gem is also the proud recipient of the 2008 Wine Spectator award. Dress is smart casual. Please note hats are not permitted and we do not have highchairs/booster seats or children's menus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Redwater Rustic Grille - Northwest reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (48)neighborhood gem (37)fit for foodies (31)romantic (27)great for lunch (26)good for groups (26)notable wine list (23)great for brunch (9)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (3)Show More
- LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Great food, great service. Noisy. When I made the reservation, I asked for a table with more privacy if possible and stated it was my fiancé's birthday. When we arrived we were seated at a table that was in a high traffic area. I looked around and saw many other tables that would have been much nicer, and more romantic. Nothing was mentioned about my fiancés birthday at all. We decided to have our desert at quieter restaurant with a more romantic table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014Services was great but they had run out of too many items on menu (all Flatbreads and a Pasta)...so it depleted options on an already limited menu. Otherwise a decent evening.Special Features:
- Always DeliciousAnneualVIPDined on 10/15/2014We always enjoy the Redwater Grill. We have been there many times and they have never let us down. Portion sizes are reasonable. I never leave feeling stuffed - but always feel satisfied. Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- SportDined on 10/13/2014A ver nice place place to relax and enjoy a very good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute reservationMakumiyaDined on 10/11/2014Got a last minute reservation, not our first choice but this location provided good service and ok foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and quietLJoanneDined on 10/8/2014We enjoyed our evening at this restaurant. The atmosphere is cosy and quiet. Finally a place where you can have a decent conversation. The server was knowledgable but we were ignored for quite awhile before anyone came to our table. The menu is varied, wine list excellent as is the food. The tomato and corn soup and romaine salad are the best ever. Our guests each had steak, tender and cooked to perfection. My husband chose the lamb shank and I had the short rib, both very tasty but with a bit too much fat. The toffee dessert was good but it was lost in the whipped cream. We all liked this restaurnat and will return.Special Features:
- Good!twodinersDined on 10/1/2014Need I say more...it was a good experience! The food was all good that the four of us had and just great to have such a local restaurant! Hope it stays when the who mall goes under construction!!Special Features:
- dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2014It was my first time there. I was very impressed with food and service was awesomeSpecial Features:
- Great Food and ServiceRedheadVIPDined on 9/30/2014my friend and I met for lunch and everything was great. I had not been to this location before but would go back.Special Features:
- DavidDined on 9/27/2014We liked the size of the menu. Food and service were great. Wine prices pretty high, especially by the glass.Special Features:
- It was OkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The food was alright. There was limited choice for children on the kids menu. The service was poor to say the least. The most attention we received from our waitress was when we were paying the bill. It will not be a place that we return to.
- Always good for lunchNearAndFarVIPDined on 9/26/2014Close to Foothills Hospital, Redwater Rustic Grille NW does a great job of filling in a need for restaurants in this area. We always bring guests here for a lovely lunch experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/24/2014Get the carrot cake! with pistachio ice cream. It was fantastic.Special Features:
- HaP3aM3a1Dined on 9/21/2014Enjoyed our dinner. The server was helpful and the meal was served in a timely manner. Portion sizes were just rightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedLunchGuyDined on 9/19/2014I have been to this place several times in the past with a good experience. However it has gone way downhill, food that is at best OK and service that is not even close to ok. For the prices they charge they need to kick it up more than just a couple of notches.
- Not goodCymruDined on 9/18/2014The three of us ordered our meals. Mine came and it was good. The other two meals were cold and dry and were sent back . To be fair they were replaced - but 30 minutes later by which time my meal was finished !!! The compensation of a "free" desert as just not appropriate . Once the two meals were taken away my meal should have also been removed and replaced and all three meals returned to our table at the same time . The evening was spoiled .
- OutstandingLovefoodDined on 9/10/2014My husband and I had a lovely dinner on a Wednesday night. Although we were first seated by a large group just standing having drinks I asked to be moved away from the group. We ended up by the bar/lounge...it was perfect. The yam fries were outstanding...yes hot and crispy! The steaks were perfect! Thank-you for a wonderful evening...even the feature bottle of red wine was very yummy. Oh yes, share the huge carrot cake with the dome one you loveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Ambience and ServicehungryfishDined on 9/9/2014Excellent service, good ambience, and very nice food. I was entertaining an out of town guest, with a group of local friends. We enjoyed ourselves very much. It's nice have a place with good food, comfortable booths and good service so close to the university.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinner2happydinersDined on 9/1/2014Redwater (Stadium location) remains one of our favourite restaurants for occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries, or simply just to celebrate a night out. We enjoy the quality of the food at Redwater and appreciate the presentation and overall ambience of the restaurant. On our last visit on Sept. 1 our server, Cally, was cheerful, attentive and helpful throughout our meal. A pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2014Took my brother and sister to lunch for their birthdays. The food was great and the service was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very bad waitressDiningoutisfunVIPDined on 8/29/2014We have been going to Redwater for years and have always had great food/service, so we will be back, however.This past Friday we made reservations for date night and our waitress was terrible. She interrupted us in mid-sentence at least 3 times.When our food came with the wrong sides and the sauce on my steak, we mentioned that the sides were wrong and she started to take the plates away.My husband asked if the sauce was correct, as I always order the same sauce, and she snapped that it was correct. She returned the plates with the sides corrected and the wrong sauce which I ate. She sort of threw the bill onto our table, and then came back once I had put my card down and wanted to know if she needed to wait for my husband to pay.Special Features:
- First TimerthecodfatherDined on 8/27/2014Took a girl here on a first date, normally I wouldn't go somewhere so pricey for that occasion but I've always wanted to try Red Water. Server was great, wish I could remember her name. Food was exceptional - ordered the crab cakes to start and the short rib ragu. Best pasta I've ever had. Good ambiance and decent prices for the quality of food you're receiving.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014Very good food, a little expensive., a good ambiance. It was busy for a Wednesday night with several large groups that affected theservice.Special Features:
- 5 starcalgarybarryDined on 8/23/2014Excellent evening out! The service was great and the food was superb. Lots of free parkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites!StaceNAndyDined on 8/18/2014We showed up and the initial reception was warm and friendly. Had a couple drinks, and my wife says the Caesars are the best - I had a Lemonaid, no canned stuff house made and awesome. I started with a chicken taco appy, my wife had the crab cakes and was raving about them, I usually don't like them but these were good - not overly fishy. My main was the braised boneless short rib over veggies and a side of mushrooms. The meat was soft and delicious packed with flavor - it came with a side of compound butter - totally not needed, I tried it and just shoved it aside. The mushrooms were warm and earthy, not overcooked or mushy - again usually I'm not a fan of them but these were outstanding... The bill was very reasonable, and we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningCprudcalgDined on 8/17/2014We celebrated a special occasion and found it to be gluten-friendly with attentive service and great food. The glassware was beautifully polished (a detail I always notice). The main entrees were a bit pricey, but I felt that I certainly received the quality I paid for.Special Features:
- DisappointingKittyDined on 8/16/2014My experience here was very underwhelming. Our waitress was disinterested, pushed my friend to have her soup before her entree when she had requested to have them together. Waitress also paid no attention to us after our main courses has been brought to the table. We had to physically get her to come to us. We ordered coffee and dessert. Expresso machine not working. Then we were waiting forever for dessert and when it came it was the wrong one. Waitress dismissed it and said she was sure we had ordered what had come. No apologies. Food was mediocre at best. The spices in the dish I had were not balanced and I my mouth was on fire. Nothing in the description of dish mentioned that kind of 'hot' spice. I would not recommend going here.
- NonDiningConnoisseurDined on 8/13/2014I have been here quite a number of times for lunch as it is convenient to work. Previous times had some timing issues with food being served within the hour. This occasion it was quick, service was attentive and food tasted great.Special Features:
- As always awesomeSnacker15Dined on 8/12/2014The food and wine were awesome. I met a friend for a meal and to catch up on what was going on in our lives. The room was comfortable and allowed us to sit and chat for a good long time.
- PickerelSalutDined on 8/11/2014Having fresh pickerel as the current catch made the difference. Pickerel is such a delicate fish it could have been less highly spiced, but it was still a delicious treat. Desserts were good-sized as well as very tasty.Special Features:
- great restaurant to dine outlove2dineDined on 8/10/2014it is a great restaurant to dine out and have great pepole working over there. Restaurant need a person to answer the phone when we make a reservation. I don't have a problem to go on line and book myself but old people are not familiar with computer and if you don't reply back for reservation they will go somewere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicedinerDined on 8/9/2014Our waiter, Nick, was excellent. Very attentive and professional. Knew the menu and was able to make excellent suggestions when asked. Very personable. Made the evening fun! Thank you Nick for the great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before the Stampeders gameOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Service was upbeat and timely. Gave us time to talk, enjoy wine and food before the football. All of thought it was a perfect place, noise level energetic but too loud. The seafood fetticini was a hit.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/31/2014Food was fantastic and prepared with great care and attention to quality, freshness and presentation. Service was also attentive and excellent. Would definitely come back here with our group.Special Features:
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Reserved at red water to celebrate our 4 birthdays. Everything started off well. When it came to ordering/eating The restaurant was out of a few dishes. One of the appetizers we ordered was quite bland. When we ordered and received our entrees, 3 out 4 of them were cold and under cooked. Flavor was rather bland. When it came to the staff apologizing and compensating 4 ppl came to our table in a row. Which was too much. And I don't feel for what happened our bill was compensated enough. The atmosphere and presentation was very nice. But the restaurant definitely needs to pick up it's socks on their menuSpecial Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2014Our server was very friendly and accommodating to our dietary needs...the food was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cyclegirlDined on 7/21/2014Excellent dinner. All attending enjoyed their selections. The lobster taco appetizer was amazing. Service was also excellent. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Delicious food... at"the BIG table"LovetoDineDined on 7/21/2014Delicious food! Great service although, the staff had not queued in that the humongous leather chairs are too low and too far from the table. Our table of 4 adults felt like we were kids sitting at "the big table". Probably great for those taller people. There were other types of tables in the restaurant that were better sized in relationship to the seating so you may want to consider requesting these.Special Features:
- Mediocre at best.snapps1Dined on 7/19/2014The restaurant was somewhat empty even though it was dinner time. No complaints there as it would mean better and faster service. Not in this case. After the server took the order, he disappeared completely for the rest of the night. I believe he did come by to say "How is the food?" but there was no refills for water throughout the entire meal and the order for extra addon (prawns + scallops) was completely forgotten. I had to ask another server that was cleaning the nearby table for the forgotten order, which he brought in about 10 minutes. The food was average at best. Not to mention, my side dish (mushrooms) was not even warm. I would rather pay less and go to the Keg for better food and service.
- Great dinnerElaine1044VIPDined on 7/19/2014Four of us went for a birthday celebration and had a great time. Our server Jody was very attentive and our meals prepared by chef Jamie-Lynn were all delicious. This is my favourite Redwater Rustic Grill location. We'll be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.