Redwater Rustic Grille - Aspen Estates
114 - 326 Aspen Glen Landing SW
Calgary, AB T3H 0N5Neighborhood:
Aspen / Strathcona / West Springs
CalifornianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Redwater Rustic Grille - Aspen Estates
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.redwatergrille.com/
- Phone: 4036866731
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm - Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Californian
- Executive Chef: James Delong
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We are pleased to offer catering for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Please inquire with Jackie for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: We are pleased to host all types of special functions. Our Private Dining room accommodates 16 or we can book out sections of the restaurant or lounge. Please contact us for details . Please note that there is an 18% gratuity added to parties of 8 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Jackie Campbell 4036866731
- Entertainment: In our lounge there are two TV screens that broadcast all of the Calgary Flames hockey games.
A word from Redwater Rustic Grille - Aspen Estates
Redwater Rustic Grille’s market driven menu is a fresh interpretation of contemporary West Coast Cuisine with signature dishes and innovative creations. A favorite destination for wine-lovers and foodies alike, Redwater’s wine menu features specialties from smaller boutique wineries, many of which are not found elsewhere in the city. The large selection of wine complements the executive chef's menu of seasonal robust dishes. Canadian Coral, soft lighting, the contemporary lounge and the large glass wine cellar enclosing the private dining room; creates an ambiance of casual refinement. Servers are warmly professional and their enthusiasm for great food and wine is infectious. Redwater is a proud recipient of the 2007, 2008 & 2009 Wine Spectator Awards. Dress: Smart Casual. Please note hats are not permitted in the restaurant and we do not have highchairs/booster seats or childrens menus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Redwater Rustic Grille - Aspen Estates - Best Restaurants in Aspen / Strathcona / West Springs ›
Redwater Rustic Grille - Aspen Estates reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (47)special occasion (43)scenic view (42)great for outdoor dining (37)fit for foodies (31)good for groups (26)notable wine list (25)romantic (20)great for lunch (19)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (13)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- V V good!BeveDined on 9/25/2014A lovely place for a warm evening! Brought a friend from out of town - we sat on the patio and enjoyed a good meal/ Cobb Salad delicious as was the butternut squash pasta. Wine was refreshing, service friendly. White chocolate cheesecake the perfect topper. Will absolutely be back!Special Features:
- Good food, nice viewcalgarydinerDined on 9/24/2014We reserved a table for 5 through Open Table for a birthday dinner. Our reserved table was ready when we arrived, the service was prompt and friendly, the food was delicious and exactly what we ordered. The view from the restaurant and patio is nice, it looks West toward a pond that also has a waterfall. The one drawback to this restaurant was that we had to drive around the busy parking lot for a few minutes to find a spot on a weeknight (underground parking is also available). It is in a busy shopping complex with another restaurant quite close so you'll be competing with those diners for parking as well. Give yourself a few extra minutes to find parking and I'm sure you'll enjoy your dining experience at Redwater - Aspen Estates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice Sunday evening dinnerZeusDined on 9/21/2014This was an enjoyable dinner on a Sunday evening. All aspects were very good (food, attentive service, ambiance). Our table location, by a window, was as I requested, and we were able to converse easily. I appreciated the wine person offering us a slightly more expensive bottle for the same price as the one I ordered, but they did not have. It was a very good wine. We've been there before, will go again, and would recommend to others. Bob ModraySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great experience in diningdinerdisappointedDined on 9/20/2014I have been to this location on a few occasions with similar results. The staff are friendly and helpful but follow-through is inconsistent, the music was too loud and several requests were made to turn it down, the server left us for long periods of time and when a promise was made to return it took far too long, the food came out inconsistently heated on the plate and was sent back by all four diners, the plates did come back hot but nothing other than an apology was offered and no manager came by until requested, not all promises made by the manager were kept and the cost of the meal was average for this type of restaurant but the lack of service and execution is definitely not worth the visit. Save your money and eat somewhere else.Special Features:
- Overall a good neighbourhood spot.AspenDwellerDined on 9/13/2014Overall this was a good place to go for a special meal. The staff were pleasant and the ambiance was good. Just a couple of hick ups during our meal...my drink had a fruit fly in it, and the refill of water is not automatic. The server did replace my drink when we showed her. We had to get the servers attention to both show her the drink and later on to ask for more water. In both cases we waited for some time, as we expected to see her come by the table to check on us, which she failed to do. Still a good experience, but a bit more attention to detail around service is probably worth reminding the team on.Special Features:
- Lost its appealTravelersDined on 9/12/2014This is the 3rd time we've been here. We like its close to where we live however we've noticed its food quality has slipped the last year. The AHI tuna I had was poorly done with a Cajun spice that was the farthest thing to compliment Tuna .. not sure how that every got approved to be served. We'll wait 6 months before returning and then only go for appies and wine to see if anything has changed for the better in food quality.Special Features:
- Good place to get togetherOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014We had blunch there on terrace. Waiter and waitress are very friendly and welcoming. We enjoyed time greatly.Special Features:
- ServiceRunner28VIPDined on 9/1/2014Requests for simple things like parmesan cheese and bread were very slow. The cheese came near the end of the meal. It is too bad because we do dine at the Aspen location quite a bit.Special Features:
- A loud and disappointing evening!AdventuringoneDined on 8/30/2014Went with friends for what we'd hoped would be a quiet evening over the Labour Day weekend, and were very disappointed. The restaurant was almost full and it was very loud. Curiously, the music seemed to also be louder than usual, which only added to the lack of ambience. A woman at another table behind us was definitely not using an inside voice and so until she left, we were treated to most of her conversation. While the food was ok (not great) we won't be back! There are much better places to eat in the area where you don't have to shout over the din.
- NotquiteDined on 8/28/2014Acceptable venue without any outstanding features. Food is of a good standard generally but the menu seems planned for long term rigidity; after three visits in six months, there is little urge to return. Service overall is amateurish - at times invisible.Special Features:
- Amazing!degranaVIPDined on 8/26/2014When we arrived we found out it was $20 wine night. That is right $20 for a bottle of wine. The food and service was amazing. I can't eat gluten and they always do there are a lot of options for me.Special Features:
- rilloakDined on 8/23/2014had a great time here. the food was very good, service was excellent, we couldn't have been more pleased with our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gave it another tryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014When this restaurant first opened in Aspen I was a frequent diner. It slowly changed as I felt that the dining experience was not worth the cost. Yesterday I thought I would give the restaurant another shot. I ordered a chicken sandwich with a side salad (no dressing). The sandwich tasted fine but the lettuce in the salad was slimy and wilted and so gross I couldn't eat it. We never saw the waitress until we were essentially done. I felt very uncomfortable having to say something but decided it best to point out the salad and she never asked whether I wanted a new one or even really acknowledged my issue. Lunch was $80 for two people and I thought I would get better service and food. Very disappointed.
- Comfortable patio locationFood4funDined on 8/17/2014Nice to go for the patio. Unfortunate, you can't make a reservation for the patioSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceNadineDined on 8/11/2014My 11 year old son loves this restaurant which in itself says a lot since he is a picky eater! The stuffed meatballs are his favorite and the service staff are always friendly with him! We will definitely be back to test out a few more menu items!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingNaHuDined on 8/8/2014I've been to this RedWater Grill several times. This time the service was extremely poor, food took 90 minutes from ordering with limited communciation except it was "coming" told to us repeadedly every 10 minutes or so. The food was obivously forgotten and rushed so that when sent it out it was less then adequate. I've worked in the industry and am familiar with occurrences such as this, I rarely send things back because I can understand how a Friday night can be so busy. However, my food was uneatable and I had to send it back. By the time my food was back everyone else was basically finsihed with what they wanted to eat. An additional 20 minutes for the VISA machine to pay. Over two hours was more then enough to want to leave
- Outstanding eveningHappyannDined on 8/8/2014This is by far our favourite Redwater Rustic Grill. The meal was outstanding and our guests from Arizona were very pleased. The service was very good and they were most accommodating to our requests for minor changes to our chosen entrees. The one complaint is that it was way too cold in there. Calgary does not seem to understand air conditioning and that there shouldn't be so much difference between outside and indoor temperatures; as quoted to me by an A/C specialist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celiac HeavenNomnomnomDined on 8/1/2014Except for three, RedWater offers every item on their menu to be made gluten-free. Food was fantastic overall. Great atmosphere! A little upscale, but not intimidating. Unsure if there was an alternate entrance for the Aspen Estates location, but we had to take stairs to get to the Hostess Desk - possibly not friendly for people with mobility issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Redwater Grill - AspenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014The food & service was terrific - the only disappointment was the weather, as we were really looking forward to sitting outside. I very much look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BDay dinnerdlh8Dined on 7/28/2014New to Calgary, took my wife for her birthday. Her first time there, she loved it. The food, the service. The option while booking flowers on Open Table turned out to be a great touch, as they were sitting on the table waiting for her when we showed up. Between the manager, server and support staff, our glasses were always full and food arrived hot. Will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio perfectHappy2reportDined on 7/28/2014Lunch on the patio on a glorious day is hard to beat!Special Features:
- Aspen RedwaterYycSteakGuyDined on 7/26/2014Overall the restaurant is nice, new clean atmosphere, friendly waiter however the food does not warrant the price. Steak was tough, asparagus was undercooked and the roasted potatoes were stale and cold.Special Features:
- Great Patio SpotLuvwineDined on 7/26/2014Great Patio - both the food and service were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and incomplete food orderDisap0intedDined on 7/26/2014Food was ok, except that several ingredients in the Cobb salad were missing, and side orders never even showed up. No offer to comp anything. Took 2 requests and 30 mins to get the bill.Special Features:
- Falls shortDisappointedDined on 7/21/2014On the nice summer evening, we decided to return to the RRWG. In the past a favourite stop, but on this occasion the service left much to be desired. As usual the food, the view and room were excellent. An amazing restaurant. But the service...not what we have come expect. The staff seemed to be going through the motions, without passion. It was as if we were an afterthought. No presentation of specials, no smiles, no 'how was dinner as I paid the bill'. Our reception was simply flat. In one word-indifferent.Special Features:
- DbluuDined on 7/19/2014As a regular patron of this Redwater location, I've noticed the quality of the food and the level of service by the waiters has slipped a bit in the last few months. Too bad since it is a great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFrequentdinerDined on 7/18/2014Two seafood meals undercooked - raw in the centre, one meat dish way over salted, music so load everyone was yelling. Staff was friendly.m
- great place great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014as soon as we walked in the door service was great and was great tell the moment we left , food was great as well , everyone was nice and super friendly I would definitely eat there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always!KelseaMVIPDined on 7/13/2014This was my first time going to Redwater for brunch and I was pleasently surprised. They offered complimentary warm banana bread and mini yogurt parfaits! My only 'downfall' of the experience was that they serve Starbucks coffee, which is not my favourite...too strong! Overall the meal was well prepared and I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No happy birthday?GiggerDined on 7/12/2014Is it just me or is it Calgary. Why when we go to nice restaurants do they never offer a slice of dessert on the house. Back east this was standard practice but so far in he west, we are charged each time. It's a small thing but it matters to me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Want it to be betterFoodyloverDined on 7/7/2014The last time I was here the service was so slow I swore I'd never come back again. Well, after almost a year I tried again. Service was better but still not great. Had to ask for bread and remind server about the wine I ordered. The delicious garlic butter is a thing of the past I guess. The food was okay overall. Appetizers were better than the entrees. Crab cakes very good. The caprese salad was drenched in oil and vinegar 1/4 of the bowl was liquid. My pasta was served warm but not hot. I want to like this restaurant because I used to love it. Now I have to say the food is okay, service okay, but not worth the price.Special Features:
- Terrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2014The staff seems completely oblivious and untrained; this was not our first bad experience at the Redwater. The view from the patio is lovely, but the overall experience is mediocre.Special Features:
- Good foodfoodieVIPDined on 7/2/2014We had the lobster tacos and they were excellent as was the chicken rotisserie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaitingDiningDined on 6/26/2014We hadn't been to this Redwater since shortly after they first opened. I figured the kinks would be worked out by now. They haven't. The menu is limited. The place was 2/3 empty at lunch on this Thursday but it took an excruciating amount of time to order and get food. My sons burger arrived burned to a crisp. What kind of dopey chef sends that out anyways? The other meals were slightly above average. Spectacular location, underwhelming food and service. What a waste. I will check back in two years to see if it has changedSpecial Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/24/2014It's been a while since we've had dinner at Redwater. After 2visits in 2 weeks, I'll have to shake my head with disappointment with both the service and the the quality of the food. We have always enjoyed this spot and really enjoyed the food and service, but with 2 disappointments in a row, we will hesitate before going back. The poor service was the largest issue. It was 15 min before we got a drink, water glasses were not refilled as needed. The waitress actually came to the table and finally filled 1 glass and promptly walked away with out bothering to top up the rest of the table. The food was ok, but not out and out yummy. We are sad about this, because it used to be great there.Special Features:
- Bad dining experiencebiboDined on 6/22/2014The daily special was Arctic Char and seasonal vegetables were Asparagus. We ordered appetizers, salmon, an arctic char and I ordered the angus short rib. I was advised they might be out, but she would check. A few minutes later, she came back and told me they were out so I changed to the pork chop. Our appetizers arrived and just after we finished, the manager came by and told us they were now out of the arctic char, so that was changed to a salmon. Quite a while later our food finally showed up. The asparagus was changed to zucchini because they were now out of asparagus. The other diners said the salmon was ok (not great) and my pork chop was burnt on the outside and way overdone. Very disappointing experience
- Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/22/2014We frequent Redwater Aspen as it is close and generally the food is great, The service and ambiance are usually good and this occasion I hope, was an exception. The salmon eggs benny is what I had. The eggs were rock hard, the salmon was in big chunks, the "potatoes" were short of horrible. Everything was cold and this seemed to be the way our table (of four) spent a sunday brunch. The potatoes seemed to be out of a bag that had been in the freezer for months. DEFINITELY not up to the expected standard. The waitress, although pleasant, was not attentive, nor helpful with the condition of the food. Last time we have brunch at Aspen RedwaterSpecial Features:
- Red WaterdgilliesDined on 6/19/2014It was a delicious meal however delayed to a party that took priority and confused the kitchen on 2 of our 3 meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/17/2014We had to wait for 2hrs for our food and then the orders were not correct with further delays. The servers were very fake in their apologies and did not care. Like to go there before but this was terrible
- Quiet enough to talk...oysterfanVIPDined on 6/16/2014I love loud, raucous restaurants...but I was looking for a place to take my parents where we could talk. And this was it...the booths provide a good, intimate setting but are large enough to accommodate 6 adults. The lobster tacos were good! A good stand-by restaurant when you don't feel like going downtown.Special Features: