Redwater Rustic Grille - Aspen Estates
114 - 326 Aspen Glen Landing SW
Calgary, AB T3H 0N5Neighborhood:
Aspen / Strathcona / West Springs
CalifornianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Redwater Rustic Grille - Aspen Estates
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.redwatergrille.com/
- Phone: (403) 686-6731
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm - Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Californian
- Executive Chef: Kevin Kraljak
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We are pleased to offer catering for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Please inquire with Carolyn for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: We are pleased to host all types of special functions. Our Private Dining room accommodates 16 or we can book out sections of the restaurant or lounge. Please contact us for details . Please note that there is an 18% gratuity added to parties of 8 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Carolyn Stephure 403-705-0577x
- Entertainment: In our lounge there are two TV screens that broadcast all of the Calgary Flames hockey games.
A word from Redwater Rustic Grille - Aspen Estates
Redwater Rustic Grille’s market driven menu is a fresh interpretation of contemporary West Coast Cuisine with signature dishes and innovative creations. A favorite destination for wine-lovers and foodies alike, Redwater’s wine menu features specialties from smaller boutique wineries, many of which are not found elsewhere in the city. The large selection of wine complements the executive chef's menu of seasonal robust dishes. Canadian Coral, soft lighting, the contemporary lounge and the large glass wine cellar enclosing the private dining room; creates an ambiance of casual refinement. Servers are warmly professional and their enthusiasm for great food and wine is infectious. Redwater is a proud recipient of the 2007, 2008 & 2009 Wine Spectator Awards. Dress: Smart Casual.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Redwater Rustic Grille - Aspen Estates reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (42)special occasion (42)fit for foodies (31)good for groups (30)scenic view (29)great for outdoor dining (24)notable wine list (24)romantic (21)great for lunch (20)kid-friendly (13)great for brunch (10)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Disappointed at gluten free bennie for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2014There is a dive in Sydney, BC that uses real gluten free English muffins for their bennies, I found mine at Redwater tasteless and disappointing because they put it on a gf roll. I am not sure where the pork part was because it was almost non-existent. Why do you advertise as 95% gluten free?Special Features:
- JacquieVIPDined on 11/18/2014I love the fact that I can get a small serving of pasta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BcheneyDined on 11/15/2014Food was great-kid friendly restaurant. Great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDined on 11/14/2014We waited over 10,minutes to even have water brought to us. Waitress was very nice but informed us they we're out of ALL fish items. We ordered a couple appetizers, glass of wine then left & went elsewhere for our main courses. My husband wanted salmon. We have never heard of a restaurant being out of all fish choices.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceBlackdressDined on 11/14/2014I have been to this location twice: once for a Sunday brunch and once for dinner. Both times the food, service and ambiance were great. I would recommend the Aspen location anytime to all my friends. I love the modern interior of the restaurant, it makes your dining an even nicer experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, OK food.familyfoodieDined on 11/10/2014Server and kitchen went out of their way to accommodate one guest who had dietary restrictions, which was fantastic. The rest of us had a mixed experience, we had over-cooked chicken in an appetizer which they swapped for something else quickly (we don't return food very often). The seafood tagliatelle was very good but the other guests said their food was just OK.
- Washrooms need to be cleanedJessDined on 11/9/2014The soap was out in the men's washroom and they were told about the lack of soap twice and still no soap was added. The women's washroom needed paper towel as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiting for the bill....JoyseeDined on 11/8/2014The food was very good, but it was so hard for me to spend that kind of money on it. Lovely presentation & nice atmosphere. Quiet enough to converse with your friends.Special Features:
- Good StuffjazzmanDined on 11/7/2014The crab cakes were fantastic. Food was very good. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outpoppaDined on 11/7/2014Enjoyed our dinner here - great food, good wine & the service was excellentSpecial Features:
- Food served coldOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2014My wife and I went for dinner on Friday night. Our meals came out cold. We sent them back. First time I've ever had to send 2 meals back at a restaurant. The meals were returned back to us warmer with the side dishes reversed on each meal. We ate them but they weren't great. They didn't charge us for the entree's but our intent was to get a good hot meal, not a cold free one. This is the second time I've been to this Redwater Grille. The first time we went the meal was cold as well. Not sure if this was a bad coincidence or not, but we will never go there again.
- Guaranteed GreatnessfoodiefaveDined on 11/4/2014This is our all time favorite restaraunt when we have guests from out of town. Great in all ways!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Failed to impressAspenDined on 11/2/2014Made a reservation for 5 and requested a high chair. When the hostess seated us at one of the booths, I asked to be moved to a table where we could put a high chair for my 18 month old. She says the table isn't big enough for 5 and that she would need to put another table together but she can't or doesn't want to. The restaurant was empty. So we sat at the booth and asked for a booster seat. She came back to tell us there were no booster seat. So I held my little one the entire meal so she doesn't slip under the table. The server did not know the menu at all and could not answer a single question without reading the description off of my menu. Uncooked eggs benny and very overcooked omelette. Would not go back.
- Always a great experienceNadineDined on 10/25/2014We've been here a number of times and each time is as great as the previous! This time my sister and I "double dated" with our 2 youngers sons and the waitress was great with the kids...and the food was fabulous as always! The meatball appetizer is our favorite and my son couldn't believe how amazing the mac & cheese was that came with his burger. Will definitely be back!!Special Features:
- Bad ExperienceJehadDined on 10/24/2014The food was tasteless. I ordered the lamb shank with quinoa and it had no flavour. My friends food was just ok, but not hot. To add insult to injury, when I complained about the food, the manager took 40% of my meal. The food was 100% bad, not 40%. I ate a few bites, and could not continue. Also the table across from us with more people sat after us and got their food before us. I will NEVER go there again.
- leanjeanDined on 10/24/2014It was my son's birthday so we had dinner and at the end, he was treated to a lovely piece of cake. Service was very good. Only complaint was the music was too loud at first, but was eventually turned down. Great place to go for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatJanetDined on 10/22/2014A great night out! The Beef Wellington was super, dessert for free as it was a birthday celebration.Special Features:
- Good food, but ...CalgaryDinerWithFriendsDined on 10/17/2014We enjoyed the food, but: * wine selected from the wine list was not available -- this is not the first time * wine prices seem higher than necessary ... seem to be 3x or more above list * food selected from the menu was not available -- how can this happen early on a Friday night * service, while very pleasant, was not timely Perhaps it would have been a better experience at some other time of day or some other evening, but we won't be back to find out. There are just too many others venues that please us better
- Thanks giving dinnerBananaDined on 10/11/2014We had a great evening dining at Redwater Rustic Grille. We ordered Chicken which was the best grilled chicken we had for a longtime. The ambience was exceptional. The server was great and friendly. Wine was just right for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good menu and foodRobertsonDined on 10/11/2014Much improved menu and food quality over last year. The service was very good as well.Special Features:
- 3 Times Strike OutStrike3Dined on 10/9/2014We have been to the other Redwater locations in Calgary and really enjoyed. This was the third attempt at the Aspen location, which is handiest for us, but each time now, mediocre service, 3 bottles of wine we asked for were not available and the food is definitely not as good as the other locations. Strike 3 we're out!
- Dinner or Lunch - greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Love coming here, and we do so often, have always had a great meal with quick, attentive, professional service.Special Features:
- Great improvementRobertsonDined on 10/3/2014We had virtually given up on this restaurant. We had eaten there at least four times (prior to 2014) and the food was always quite poor. While the service was good, the menu was poor and the food quality was poor. We were pleasantly surprised by how this restaurant has changed. The menu is great and the quality of the food was super. Shocked and pleasantly surprised. We are so glad we tried it again. Not sure what happened, maybe a new owner, new Chef???? Not sure but it is way better than it was.Special Features:
- FlameDined on 9/30/2014Not.a warm atmosphere. Our server was excellent, efficient and very pleasant. Food average. Wine prices (by glass) extremely high.
- Gluten Free Very Friendlyjmp1238Dined on 9/29/2014For me the restaurant was a good choice because except for three items everything on the menu can be prepared gluten free. My meal was most tasty and the special gluten free bread roll was delicious. When one has allergies, their attention to the problem is most appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Redwater Aspen LandingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/29/2014Redwater always pleases, I have always had good meals at any Redwater locations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsPJMfoodieVIPDined on 9/28/2014This is one of our favorite neighborhood restaurants. Soups, lobster tacos, burger, steak, short ribs and carrot cake were enjoyed by every one in our party. Service was prompt and attentive. It was a busy night this past Sunday so the noise level was a little higher then usual but nothing that negatively impacted our dinner. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SilverfoxDined on 9/27/2014Very nice atmosphere, excellent service, excellent food.....efficient and professional restaurant Received a free dessert as it was our anniversary! Nice touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience was GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014If a 'good' experience and 'good' food are what you are looking for then I would recommend. Nothing really stood out as above average, except the patio. The restaurant is quite nice inside. Service is unorganized and seems rushed. I have been told the Sunday Brunch is above average, so we may go back and try that. Hopefully the reviews will be 'great'!Special Features:
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014The quality of food seems to keep going down each time we go. This past time was the last. We go with our kids, as it has usually been good food for all. We didn't eat two of the appetizers that we ordered because of the taste. The squid was absolute rubber, and we were never asked why we sent everything back. All we had to say was the wine was good. Even our kids sent back their desserts because it tasted funny - I tried it and it was like old ice cream! It is too bad, because it used to be one of our favorite spots to meet with our kids.Special Features:
- V V good!BeveDined on 9/25/2014A lovely place for a warm evening! Brought a friend from out of town - we sat on the patio and enjoyed a good meal/ Cobb Salad delicious as was the butternut squash pasta. Wine was refreshing, service friendly. White chocolate cheesecake the perfect topper. Will absolutely be back!Special Features:
- Good food, nice viewcalgarydinerDined on 9/24/2014We reserved a table for 5 through Open Table for a birthday dinner. Our reserved table was ready when we arrived, the service was prompt and friendly, the food was delicious and exactly what we ordered. The view from the restaurant and patio is nice, it looks West toward a pond that also has a waterfall. The one drawback to this restaurant was that we had to drive around the busy parking lot for a few minutes to find a spot on a weeknight (underground parking is also available). It is in a busy shopping complex with another restaurant quite close so you'll be competing with those diners for parking as well. Give yourself a few extra minutes to find parking and I'm sure you'll enjoy your dining experience at Redwater - Aspen Estates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice Sunday evening dinnerZeusDined on 9/21/2014This was an enjoyable dinner on a Sunday evening. All aspects were very good (food, attentive service, ambiance). Our table location, by a window, was as I requested, and we were able to converse easily. I appreciated the wine person offering us a slightly more expensive bottle for the same price as the one I ordered, but they did not have. It was a very good wine. We've been there before, will go again, and would recommend to others. Bob ModraySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great experience in diningdinerdisappointedDined on 9/20/2014I have been to this location on a few occasions with similar results. The staff are friendly and helpful but follow-through is inconsistent, the music was too loud and several requests were made to turn it down, the server left us for long periods of time and when a promise was made to return it took far too long, the food came out inconsistently heated on the plate and was sent back by all four diners, the plates did come back hot but nothing other than an apology was offered and no manager came by until requested, not all promises made by the manager were kept and the cost of the meal was average for this type of restaurant but the lack of service and execution is definitely not worth the visit. Save your money and eat somewhere else.Special Features:
- Overall a good neighbourhood spot.AspenDwellerDined on 9/13/2014Overall this was a good place to go for a special meal. The staff were pleasant and the ambiance was good. Just a couple of hick ups during our meal...my drink had a fruit fly in it, and the refill of water is not automatic. The server did replace my drink when we showed her. We had to get the servers attention to both show her the drink and later on to ask for more water. In both cases we waited for some time, as we expected to see her come by the table to check on us, which she failed to do. Still a good experience, but a bit more attention to detail around service is probably worth reminding the team on.Special Features:
- Lost its appealTravelersDined on 9/12/2014This is the 3rd time we've been here. We like its close to where we live however we've noticed its food quality has slipped the last year. The AHI tuna I had was poorly done with a Cajun spice that was the farthest thing to compliment Tuna .. not sure how that every got approved to be served. We'll wait 6 months before returning and then only go for appies and wine to see if anything has changed for the better in food quality.Special Features:
- Good place to get togetherOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014We had blunch there on terrace. Waiter and waitress are very friendly and welcoming. We enjoyed time greatly.Special Features:
- ServiceRunner28VIPDined on 9/1/2014Requests for simple things like parmesan cheese and bread were very slow. The cheese came near the end of the meal. It is too bad because we do dine at the Aspen location quite a bit.Special Features:
- A loud and disappointing evening!AdventuringoneDined on 8/30/2014Went with friends for what we'd hoped would be a quiet evening over the Labour Day weekend, and were very disappointed. The restaurant was almost full and it was very loud. Curiously, the music seemed to also be louder than usual, which only added to the lack of ambience. A woman at another table behind us was definitely not using an inside voice and so until she left, we were treated to most of her conversation. While the food was ok (not great) we won't be back! There are much better places to eat in the area where you don't have to shout over the din.
- NotquiteDined on 8/28/2014Acceptable venue without any outstanding features. Food is of a good standard generally but the menu seems planned for long term rigidity; after three visits in six months, there is little urge to return. Service overall is amateurish - at times invisible.Special Features: